Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What are you trying to make? Duck soup!

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
news
> I have a can of hominy and am going to make it with bacon. Years ago my
> mom sent me a recipe for the Crock-Pot. Can't make that now as it did have
> egg in it. I think it also had milk, cheese and of course bacon. Not sure
> about the onion but my mom hates onion so probably not. I've seen similar
> recipes online. Not sure how the gardener feels about hominy. He was
> eyeing the can suspiciously. Hehehe. Most people in this area have never
> eaten it or won't try it. But he is part Mexican so perhaps he is familiar
> with it.

It's especially good with bacon.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What are you trying to make?

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 20:26:47 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 15:40:57 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>Bruce is fine. I would even cook for him!

>What would you like dear? I am fixing to make my shopping list. Uh oh. Now
>McBiddy is gonna make something of this! My tablecloth is buttercream
>colored. I have only the one. Would you prefer that or (dare I say it),
>should we go with the bare table?

Yes, I think we should have a hominy croquette feast!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 20:28:44 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 16:43:24 -0500, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>>I have only had hominy once and I liked it. It was in Menudo that I had
>>>in a restaurant in Colorado. There is chance that it is sold in the
>>>Latino store in a nearby city, but I didn't see it when I was there. I
>>>wasn't really looking for it, but I did score fresh soft corn tortillas.
>>>I cannot imagine a canned version of it being good.

>> I've never had it. Or grits. Or corn flour if that exists. I guess
>> some corn products are very American. Interesting though.

>We do love our corn. Corn pasta is quite good too.

I only grew up with canned corn kernels. Now corn cobs are common too.
Anything else, not so much, I think.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 20:26:47 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Bruce" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 15:40:57 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>What would you like dear? I am fixing to make my shopping list. Uh oh. Now
>>McBiddy is gonna make something of this! My tablecloth is buttercream
>>colored. I have only the one. Would you prefer that or (dare I say it),
>>should we go with the bare table?

> Yes, I think we should have a hominy croquette feast!

Okay then. I will just have to work out the details!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message news

>>What would you like dear? I am fixing to make my shopping list. Uh oh. Now
>>McBiddy is gonna make something of this! My tablecloth is buttercream
>>colored. I have only the one. Would you prefer that or (dare I say it),
>>should we go with the bare table?

> Yes, I think we should have a hominy croquette feast!

Okay then. I will just have to work out the details!

=

You could ask for some ideas here ...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Julie Bove" wrote:

> > Bruce suggested:
> > Yes, I think we should have a hominy croquette feast!

> Okay then. I will just have to work out the details!
>
> =
> You could ask for some ideas here ...

Oh man...here we go again! ;-[]

:-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> "Julie Bove" wrote:

> > Bruce suggested:
> > Yes, I think we should have a hominy croquette feast!

> Okay then. I will just have to work out the details!
>
> =
> You could ask for some ideas here ...

Oh man...here we go again! ;-[]

:-D

==

;-)

Sorry, I couldn't resist

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" wrote in message news >
>

>>>What would you like dear? I am fixing to make my shopping list. Uh oh.
>>>Now
>>>McBiddy is gonna make something of this! My tablecloth is buttercream
>>>colored. I have only the one. Would you prefer that or (dare I say it),
>>>should we go with the bare table?

>> Yes, I think we should have a hominy croquette feast!

> Okay then. I will just have to work out the details!
>
> =
>
> You could ask for some ideas here ...

Hehehe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 15:56:20 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

>On 16-Jan-2018, Gary > wrote:

>> > Okay then. I will just have to work out the details!
>> >
>> > =
>> > You could ask for some ideas here ...

>> Oh man...here we go again! ;-[]

>I am not a Julie defender; but, I do think it interesting that
>there is so much complaining about her troll-ish behavior, which
>is almost always about food. However, ds1 exhibits pretty much
>the same behavior on just about any and everything but food and
>catches no where near the grief. In this time of rebellion
>against unequal treatment of men and women, perhaps ds1 should
>receive a greater ration of crap for his equally, and off-topic,
>trolling rants.
>
>Just a thought on this very cold (-2F) STL morning.
>
>Creamed eggs and sausage crumbles on toast for b'fast. A cup of
>cranberry juice cocktail was consumed in the hope that it's
>vitamin C content would help ward off the flu or a cold.

I'll go with that, although truth to tell I don't read his posts
because he is apparently unable to figure out how to line wrap, but I
see his post titles and he seems to post a great deal

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Croquettes with no egg?

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 9:24:42 AM UTC-10, Janet wrote:

> Looks just like my island; mountains, beaches, golf courses and palm
> trees.
>
> https://www.embracescotland.co.uk/wp.../04/Holy-Isle-
> from-Lamlash-Isle-of-Arran.jpg
>
> Janet UK

It's not what I think about when imagining Scotland. That's ok. There's a lot that will surprise me when we go to your country. My guess is that it will be freaking epic.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2018 1:24 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 9:24:42 AM UTC-10, Janet wrote:
>>
>> Looks just like my island; mountains, beaches, golf courses and palm
>> trees.
>>
>> https://www.embracescotland.co.uk/wp.../04/Holy-Isle-
>> from-Lamlash-Isle-of-Arran.jpg
>>
>> Janet UK

> It's not what I think about when imagining Scotland. That's ok. There's a lot that will surprise me when we go to your country. My guess is that it will be freaking epic.

Here's a hint, be sure and refer the local Scots as "Neds" - they really
love that...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Casa de Haoles" wrote in message news
On 1/16/2018 1:24 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 9:24:42 AM UTC-10, Janet wrote:
>>
>> Looks just like my island; mountains, beaches, golf courses and palm
>> trees.
>>
>> https://www.embracescotland.co.uk/wp.../04/Holy-Isle-
>> from-Lamlash-Isle-of-Arran.jpg
>>
>> Janet UK

> It's not what I think about when imagining Scotland. That's ok. There's a
> lot that will surprise me when we go to your country. My guess is that it
> will be freaking epic.

Here's a hint, be sure and refer the local Scots as "Neds" - they really
love that...

=

lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2018 2:19 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Casa de Haoles"Â* wrote in message news >
> On 1/16/2018 1:24 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 9:24:42 AM UTC-10, Janet wrote:
>>>
>>> Â*Â* Looks just like my island; mountains, beaches, golf courses and palm
>>> trees.
>>>

>>> https://www.embracescotland.co.uk/wp.../04/Holy-Isle-
>>> from-Lamlash-Isle-of-Arran.jpg
>>>
>>> Â*Â* Janet UK

>> It's not what I think about when imagining Scotland. That's ok.
>> There's a lot that will surprise me when we go to your country. My
>> guess is that it will be freaking epic.
>>

> Here's a hint, be sure and refer the local Scots as "Neds" - they really
> love that...
>
> =
>
> lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COWRjMMvD2k

At the good ol' rock and roll
Folk show, I've gotta go!
Saturday night, Saturday night
Gonna rock it up, roll it up
Do it all, have a ball
Saturday night, Saturday night
S-S-S-Saturday night
S-S-S-Saturday night
S-S-S-Saturday night
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2018 5:36 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:

>>> Is Crystal Palace, vodka?
>>>

>> Does he drink anything else?
>>
>> https://imgur.com/a/gCtW3
>>

> HaHaHaHa ... Great pic, but it would be better to show him in a cute
> sailor suit. And those bottles have a different brand. That may send him
> into a rage, extolling the virtues of the magnificent Crystal palace
> brand sterno. I think that's what he stores in those tanks he painted
> and labelled "Diesel".

He's strong to the finishk -

https://imgur.com/a/Ib8Eb

REC salmon croquettes piedmont General Cooking 5 13-05-2010 04:45 PM
Chicken Croquettes?? Jeanne Burton General Cooking 12 07-01-2010 08:18 PM
Egg Croquettes kuyabayu Recipes 1 07-07-2009 06:27 PM
Ham Croquettes Chef R W Miller Recipes (moderated) 0 28-04-2007 04:04 PM