Old 12-01-2018, 09:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs

Default Croquettes with no egg?

On 1/12/2018 3:00 PM, Cheri wrote:

On 1/12/2018 11:56 AM, dsi1 wrote:
A lot of people think that FIAT stands for "fix it again Tony." Mostly
these folks hate those cars. To me, it means Fabbrica Italiana
Automobili Torino. Near as I can figure, haters often have their brains
scrambled.

====

Like people think FORD means "fix or repair daily?"

Cheri

****ed On a Raw Deal.
--
My mental health professional has directed me to apologize to this
group at large and to Marty and Steven in specific for acting out

Old 12-01-2018, 09:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 1:28:42 PM UTC-5, Casa estilo antiguo wrote:
On 1/12/2018 10:08 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 11:42:50 AM UTC-5, Casa estilo antiguo wrote:
On 1/12/2018 4:29 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 6:15:09 PM UTC-5, Casa estilo antiguo wrote:
On 1/11/2018 3:37 PM, dsi1 wrote:
On Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 12:03:40 PM UTC-10, Casa estilo antiguo wrote:

As with any other historical train wreck there were numerous factors in
the derailment.

Thankfully the cleanup went well, albeit it took an unreasonably long time.

Now we're looking at secession by Cali-phonya and "slaves" have been
replaced by "illegals" in sanctuary cities.

History is a real biotch when it comes to rhyming, isn't she?

%-0

I was quite shocked to see what was going on in the UK while we were there. My second reaction was that the Brits are taking it very well, considering. Americans would freak have a nuclear meltdown if that ever happened here.

Oh it's happening, the frog is just enjoying the hot tub for a spell
first...

I can't say what would happen if this migration happened on this rock. We should import more Mexicans and Puerto Ricans over here. I'm getting tired of eating all this Asian stuff all the time.

Culture travels best on good cuisine that much I'm willing to testify too...

I haven't been able to master Ethiopian food yet, it's a leap from
licking KFC off my fingers to downright eatin' with 'em...

You pick up the food with the bread. Just like eating a sandwich.

Cindy Hamilton

I have watched this scoop and puddle act with the najera, not my style.

Too bad. It's delicious food.

It likely is, but minus a fork or spoon - pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMVmHBZ_x3I

He certainly looked happen when he left. I'm afraid the computer that
I'm using at the moment has no sound card.

He was indeed.

You get 4 people around that polatter, and it was sized for that many
and it's a gross finger fest.

I usually go to the Ethiopian restaurant with just my husband. We've
gone with another couple before. I suppose it's all down to how paranoid
you are about germs. I'm not.

Cindy Hamilton

So even though someone not your husband is feeding fingers to mouth and
going back for more you're unconcerned?

Well, yes. They're my friends.

The communal dish is touched only with a piece of torn-off bread.
The most rudimentary motor skills are needed to ensure that you
don't touch the side that you're going to stick in the communal
dish.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 12-01-2018, 09:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2018 3:37 PM, dsi1 wrote:
[...]

So you guys open mouth kiss too?

I doubt it.
The communal dish is touched only with a piece of torn-off bread.

I'm not buying that in actuality.

Too much food to be pushed on one plate around for accidents not to happen.

The most rudimentary motor skills are needed to ensure that you
don't touch the side that you're going to stick in the communal
dish.

Cindy Hamilton

I've seen my share of party double dippers, people simply are not
trustworthy when it comes to shoveling food away.

Old 12-01-2018, 11:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-12 1:31 PM, dsi1 wrote:
On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 5:17:00 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
===

Yes, to me croquettes are shaped like small logs.

Croquettes are great stuff. They are usually eaten with tonkatsu
sauce or Japanese style curry. I'd like to try croquettes from
different places but the only kind that I've seen over here is
Japanese korokke.

I rarely see croquettes around here. In fact, the only place I remember
seeing them was in the restaurant of a hotel we used to run a lot of
training courses, the Sundial in Orillia, Ontario. They were great.
Sadly, that restaurant is no longer around.It went belly up a few years
ago and the whole complex has been torn down. We used to love going to
courses there because the food was so good.

Old 12-01-2018, 11:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-12 1:35 PM, dsi1 wrote:
On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 6:35:09 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

Canada fast tracked thousands of Lebanese to citizenship because of
conflict at home. A few years back, when Israel pounded Lebanon, we had
55,000 "Canadians" who were screaming to be evacuated from Lebanon.
They were mostly those who had come here for citizenship and then
returned to their homeland. We spent millions to rescue those citizens
of convenience and shortly after things settled down back in Lebanon
most of them went back there to their real homes.

Sounds like your country is doing the right thing.

Really?? By taking refugees from a war torn country and fast tracking
them for citizenship so that they can turn around and go back to the
country from which they had sought refuge?? Nuts to that. Allow them in
with extended visas or as permanent residents and give them citizenship
only after an extended period of crime free self sufficiency. This
government is actually reduced the the time required to obtain
citizenship. I have difficulty with the idea of them needing citizenship
if they aren't living here.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

On 2018-01-12 1:35 PM, dsi1 wrote:
[...]

Would you have told that to Anne Frank or Natan Sharansky...???

--
Best
Greg
Old 12-01-2018, 11:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Old 12-01-2018, 11:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2018 5:17 PM, Steve La Wertz wrote:

Really?? By taking refugees from a war torn country and fast tracking
them for citizenship so that they can turn around and go back to the
country from which they had sought refuge?? Nuts to that. Allow them in
with extended visas or as permanent residents and give them citizenship
only after an extended period of crime free self sufficiency. This
government is actually reduced the the time required to obtain
citizenship. I have difficulty with the idea of them needing citizenship
if they aren't living here.

Would you have told that to Anne Frank or Natan Sharansky...???

Should have been more vetting up front. Something did not sound right
about them up front, IMO.

Old 12-01-2018, 11:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

On 2018-01-12 1:35 PM, dsi1 wrote:
[...]

Would either have been pegged as embedded ISIL fighters?
Old 12-01-2018, 11:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2018 3:39 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/12/2018 5:17 PM, Steve La Wertz wrote:

Really??* By taking refugees from a war torn country and fast tracking
them for citizenship so that they can turn around and go back to the
country from which they had sought refuge?? Nuts to that. Allow them in
with extended visas or as permanent residents and give them citizenship
only after an extended period of crime free self sufficiency.* This
government is actually reduced the the time required to obtain
citizenship. I have difficulty with the idea of them needing citizenship
if they aren't living here.

Would you have told that to Anne Frank or Natan Sharansky...???

Should have been more vetting up front.* Something did not sound right
about them up front, IMO.

ISIL has already proved they embed fighters in the refugee streams.

This is a deadly game of catch and release.
Old 13-01-2018, 12:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 16:58:21 -0500, Dave Smith

On 2018-01-12 1:24 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 11:37:01 -0500, Dave Smith
wrote:

Canada fast tracked thousands of Lebanese to citizenship because of
conflict at home. A few years back, when Israel pounded Lebanon, we had
55,000 "Canadians" who were screaming to be evacuated from Lebanon.
They were mostly those who had come here for citizenship and then
returned to their homeland. We spent millions to rescue those citizens
of convenience and shortly after things settled down back in Lebanon
most of them went back there to their real homes.

It must be so sad to be you! One thing you could do is learn the
difference between 'refugee' and 'immigrant' - Then if you check on
what coming here as an immigrant will cost, why you might even look
more favourably on some!

It is not as sad as thinking that an ad hominem is valid argument. I
know it is not cheap to immigrate, and that is why so many come here and
try to claim refugee status instead of going through the legal
immigration program. You could have done a little research and realized
that half of the refugee claims from asylum seekers have been rejected.
Why should I look favourably on people coming here illegally, claiming
refugee status and living off our social safety net when they have legal
options for admission?

It is sad that you have such little comprehension of how the system
works. There's an area outside town here known as Little Taiwan, not
one of those houses sold for under $500,000, all to immigrants who
paid the money to 'fast track'. Good business for our builders and
suppliers. Plus I doubt our hospitals and nursing homes could stay
open without Filipinos and Newfoundlanders!

Wake up! In Canada for years we have had a zero population growth and
we need everyone. As regards refugees, stats show that at first they
are on income assistance but when they have mastered the language they
move on quickly, many opening their own businesses. At least have the
decency to grant them a chance rather than putting them all down.
Old 13-01-2018, 12:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-12 6:05 PM, wrote:

It is not as sad as thinking that an ad hominem is valid argument. I
know it is not cheap to immigrate, and that is why so many come here and
try to claim refugee status instead of going through the legal
immigration program. You could have done a little research and realized
that half of the refugee claims from asylum seekers have been rejected.
Why should I look favourably on people coming here illegally, claiming
refugee status and living off our social safety net when they have legal
options for admission?

It is sad that you have such little comprehension of how the system
works.

There you go again, trying to use an ad hominem instead of an argument.

There's an area outside town here known as Little Taiwan, not
one of those houses sold for under $500,000, all to immigrants who
paid the money to 'fast track'. Good business for our builders and
suppliers. Plus I doubt our hospitals and nursing homes could stay
open without Filipinos and Newfoundlanders!

What's the problem. A lot of people think that immigration is good for
the country. That means accepting people with money to invest or people
to work, not people to come and live on welfare.

Wake up! In Canada for years we have had a zero population growth and
we need everyone.

Bullshit. Canada's population growth rate is not zero.

As regards refugees, stats show that at first they
are on income assistance but when they have mastered the language they
move on quickly, many opening their own businesses. At least have the
decency to grant them a chance rather than putting them all down.

Once again you are obviously confused. We vet and sponsor 10,000
refugees per year. We accept about 25,000 refugees per year. Over the
last year or so we have had thousands of asylum seekers crashing the
border, sneaking across at unauthorized crossings because they know that
they will not be admitted if they cross at legal entry points, and at
least half of their claims are being rejected. It should not be our
responsibility to house them and to teach them English. There is a
legal way for them to immigrate. They choose to try to sneak in
illegally. Face it, they are not refugees. They are economic immigrants
trying to beat the system. I prefer the system by which legitimate
immigrants bear the cost of admittance.

REC salmon croquettes piedmont General Cooking 5 13-05-2010 04:45 PM
Chicken Croquettes?? Jeanne Burton General Cooking 12 07-01-2010 08:18 PM
Egg Croquettes kuyabayu Recipes 1 07-07-2009 06:27 PM
Ham Croquettes Chef R W Miller Recipes (moderated) 0 28-04-2007 04:04 PM