Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Air Fryers

https://imgur.com/a/vbGGR YIKES! LOL

> It's the forger again. How about you get a life?
>
> Jill

_____
/ _/\\
| / oo
\( _\
\ O/
/ \
|| ||
| \ ||(___ )
// / \|_)o ( )
\\ ///|)\_( )
|| |\ )( )
|| ) \/(____)_ ___
|| |\___/ `---' `.`.
|| | : _ .' ))
|| | `..' `~~~-.' .'__ _
\\ / '.______ ( (
((___ooO `._\_\

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/29/2019 2:37 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 15:07:21 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
> snip
>>

>> We don't use a lot of canned goods so there is no use taking up counter
>> space,

> snip
>
> I use a lot of cans. Beans all kinds, tomatoes all kinds, black
> olives, enchilada sauce, tuna, refried beans (now that I no longer
> make my own). No canned vegetables except those mentioned. We eat a
> lot of dishes with tomatoes. We don't care much for hunks of meat and
> prefer meat as a flavor enhancer for soups, stews, casseroles, salads,
> stir frys and the like.
> Janet US

Different strokes. I don't find myself cooking with tomatoes very
often. I keep a can or two of diced tomatoes and tomato paste in the
pantry but it's rare that I make tomato-based dishes.

I bought a *tube* of tomato paste some years ago after a lot of
discussion here about the convenience of those innovative tubes. The
contents of the *unopened* tube dried up before I ever had a chance to
use any of it. LOL

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> >If some people like electric can openers, hey, no skin off my nose.

> Well, shut up then. Jesus, woman!

LOL. Let's just see how many times she tells us she doesn't like
football in the next few days.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 09:05:05 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 1/29/2019 2:37 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 15:07:21 -0500, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:
>>
>> snip
>>>

>>> We don't use a lot of canned goods so there is no use taking up counter
>>> space,

>> snip
>>
>> I use a lot of cans. Beans all kinds, tomatoes all kinds, black
>> olives, enchilada sauce, tuna, refried beans (now that I no longer
>> make my own). No canned vegetables except those mentioned. We eat a
>> lot of dishes with tomatoes. We don't care much for hunks of meat and
>> prefer meat as a flavor enhancer for soups, stews, casseroles, salads,
>> stir frys and the like.
>> Janet US
>>

>Different strokes. I don't find myself cooking with tomatoes very
>often. I keep a can or two of diced tomatoes and tomato paste in the
>pantry but it's rare that I make tomato-based dishes.
>
>I bought a *tube* of tomato paste some years ago after a lot of
>discussion here about the convenience of those innovative tubes. The
>contents of the *unopened* tube dried up before I ever had a chance to
>use any of it. LOL
>
>Jill

I have a case of canned crushed tomatoes on the list for BJs tomorrow,
for tomato pasta sauce. I'll make a 12 qt potful and freeze it in
pint containers... used for dishes besides pasta too. Tomato cans are
too large for pull tops. We like tomato sauce on chicken and pork
chops.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> We like tomato sauce on chicken and pork chops.

Fail x 2, imo.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 1/29/2019 2:37 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 15:07:21 -0500, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:
>>
>> snip
>>>

>>> We don't use a lot of canned goods so there is no use taking up counter
>>> space,

>> snip
>>
>> I use a lot of cans. Beans all kinds, tomatoes all kinds, black
>> olives, enchilada sauce, tuna, refried beans (now that I no longer
>> make my own). No canned vegetables except those mentioned. We eat a
>> lot of dishes with tomatoes. We don't care much for hunks of meat and
>> prefer meat as a flavor enhancer for soups, stews, casseroles, salads,
>> stir frys and the like.
>> Janet US
>>

>Different strokes. I don't find myself cooking with tomatoes very
>often. I keep a can or two of diced tomatoes and tomato paste in the
>pantry but it's rare that I make tomato-based dishes.
>
>I bought a *tube* of tomato paste some years ago after a lot of
>discussion here about the convenience of those innovative tubes. The
>contents of the *unopened* tube dried up before I ever had a chance to
>use any of it. LOL
>
>Jill

tomatoes go into the dish along with other vegetables. I wouldn't
call the dishes tomato based. Could be terminology, but tomato based
to me means something like a red pasta sauce or lasagna that is
heavily tomato. Cooking habits of others is always interesting.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

Sheldon wrote:

https://imgur.com/a/vbGGR YIKES! LOL

> > It's the forger again. How about you get a life?
> >
> > Jill
> >

> _____
> / _/\\
> | / oo
> \( _\
> \ O/
> / \
> || ||
> | \ ||(___ )
> // / \|_)o ( )
> \\ ///|)\_( )
> || |\ )( )
> || ) \/(____)_ ___
> || |\___/ `---' `.`.
> \\ / '.______ ( (
> ((___ooO `._\_\
>

> Jill

LOL!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-30 10:57 a.m., l not -l wrote:

> I did similar and just yesterday I saw the tube of tomato paste in the
> fridge and wondered just how long the stuff would be useable. Tomatoes
> would be high in acid and probably sugar which would be preservative. It
> hadn't occurred to m that it might simply dry out; I'll check its status
> today. Thanks for posting this experience.

I have been wary of the shelf life of tomato paste every since I had one
blow on me. I don't know how long it had been in the cupboard, but when
I pressed the arm of the can opener it erupted with so much force that
there was puree on just about every service in the kitchen, including
the ceiling.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 8:47:01 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> I have been wary of the shelf life of tomato paste every since I had one
> blow on me. I don't know how long it had been in the cupboard, but when
> I pressed the arm of the can opener it erupted with so much force that
> there was puree on just about every service in the kitchen, including
> the ceiling.

That's pretty amazing. My friend's mom had an electric range element short out on her. It melted a hole through the saucepan she was using and created a ball of plasma above the stove. It's these kinds of events that make cooking even more fun.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 09:53:48 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>> >If some people like electric can openers, hey, no skin off my nose.

>> Well, shut up then. Jesus, woman!

>LOL. Let's just see how many times she tells us she doesn't like
>football in the next few days.

Football's the best!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 09:59:43 -0500, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> We like tomato sauce on chicken and pork chops.

>Fail x 2, imo.

Gary hates Italian food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/30/2019 10:57 AM, l not -l wrote:
>> I bought a*tube* of tomato paste some years ago after a lot of
>> discussion here about the convenience of those innovative tubes. The
>> contents of the*unopened* tube dried up before I ever had a chance to
>> use any of it. LOL

> I did similar and just yesterday I saw the tube of tomato paste in the
> fridge and wondered just how long the stuff would be useable. Tomatoes
> would be high in acid and probably sugar which would be preservative. It
> hadn't occurred to m that it might simply dry out; I'll check its status
> today. Thanks for posting this experience.

Maybe the problem is I didn't refrigerate it. I stored it in the
pantry, same as I would an unopened can of tomato paste. It surprised
the heck out of me to find the contents had dried up. Going forward
I'll stick with little cans of tomato paste going forward. All I ever
need is a teaspoon or so of it, that's why I thought the tube would be a
good idea. I guess I don't use it as much as I thought.

I've read you can freeze tomato paste. Since I obviously don't use it
often I'm not sure it would be worth trying.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 8:51:22 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

> > > I did similar and just yesterday I saw the tube of tomato paste in the
> > > fridge and wondered just how long the stuff would be useable.
> > > Tomatoes
> > > would be high in acid and probably sugar which would be preservative.
> > > It
> > > hadn't occurred to m that it might simply dry out; I'll check its
> > > status
> > > today. Thanks for posting this experience.

> > Maybe the problem is I didn't refrigerate it. I stored it in the
> > pantry, same as I would an unopened can of tomato paste. It surprised
> > the heck out of me to find the contents had dried up. Going forward
> > I'll stick with little cans of tomato paste going forward. All I ever
> > need is a teaspoon or so of it, that's why I thought the tube would be a
> > good idea. I guess I don't use it as much as I thought.
> >
> > I've read you can freeze tomato paste. Since I obviously don't use it
> > often I'm not sure it would be worth trying.
> >
> > Jill

> Once opened, I keep tube tomato paste in the refrigerator. Since it's
> expensive, if I need more than a dab I open one of those small cans.
> Every few weeks I make a soup that needs half a can. Either I open
> a can or use the remainder of the previous can, which I have providently
> frozen.
>
> Cindy Hamilton
>
> ==
>
> Yes, I will freeze any l/o tom paste in tins, but I find the lids of the
> tubes keep it fine in the pantry.

Call me paranoid. I keep Worcestershire sauce in the fridge, too.
Plenty of space in my big old American refrigerator.

Cindy Hamilton

==

<g> whatever makes you happy

ps at least you spell it right ;p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 20:56:20 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
>
>On Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 8:51:22 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
>> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

>> > Maybe the problem is I didn't refrigerate it. I stored it in the
>> > pantry, same as I would an unopened can of tomato paste. It surprised
>> > the heck out of me to find the contents had dried up. Going forward
>> > I'll stick with little cans of tomato paste going forward. All I ever
>> > need is a teaspoon or so of it, that's why I thought the tube would be a
>> > good idea. I guess I don't use it as much as I thought.
>> >
>> > I've read you can freeze tomato paste. Since I obviously don't use it
>> > often I'm not sure it would be worth trying.
>> >
>> > Jill

>> Once opened, I keep tube tomato paste in the refrigerator. Since it's
>> expensive, if I need more than a dab I open one of those small cans.
>> Every few weeks I make a soup that needs half a can. Either I open
>> a can or use the remainder of the previous can, which I have providently
>> frozen.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Yes, I will freeze any l/o tom paste in tins, but I find the lids of the
>> tubes keep it fine in the pantry.

>Call me paranoid. I keep Worcestershire sauce in the fridge, too.
>Plenty of space in my big old American refrigerator.
>
>Cindy Hamilton
>
>==
>
><g> whatever makes you happy
>ps at least you spell it right ;p

I buy tomato paste in 8 oz cans, I've never yet opened one that I
don't use it all.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jack Granade wrote:
> On 1/31/2019 4:34 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2019-01-31 4:04 p.m., Sheldon wrote:
>>> I buy tomato paste in 8 oz cans, I've never yet opened one that I
>>> don't use it all.
>>>

>> You never know when a troop of semen are going to show up >

> Such as these:

https://imgur.com/a/MMpxDK8

Popeye eats his semen in large quantities. He usta suck off his brother,
and that man could squirt out a half pint on each ejaculation.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 16:34:14 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-01-31 4:04 p.m., wrote:
>> On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 20:56:20 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:

>>> Call me paranoid. I keep Worcestershire sauce in the fridge, too.
>>> Plenty of space in my big old American refrigerator.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> <g> whatever makes you happy
>>> ps at least you spell it right ;p

>> I buy tomato paste in 8 oz cans, I've never yet opened one that I
>> don't use it all.
>>

>You never know when a troop of seamen are going to show up for dinner.
>Most recipes designed for families call for only a couple spoonfuls of
>tomato past

Obviously you're never cooked enough to fill your freezer... actually
you've never cooked anything, no one has ever seen anything you've
cooked. You are a Canuk FAKE, FAKE, FAKE! Nothing you've ever posted
is the truth... you are a bar room LIAR!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I buy tomato paste in 8 oz cans, I've never yet opened one that I
>>> don't use it all.
>>>

>> You never know when a troop of seamen are going to show up for dinner.
>> Most recipes designed for families call for only a couple spoonfuls of
>> tomato past

> Obviously you're never cooked enough to fill your freezer... actually
> you've never cooked anything, no one has ever seen anything you've
> cooked. You are a Canuk FAKE, FAKE, FAKE! Nothing you've ever posted
> is the truth... you are a bar room LIAR!

Popeye, yoose did well, but yoose forgot to stamp yoose feet while yoose
was screaming at him.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> We use more than 8 oz for a batch of spaghetti sauce. We've got a couple
> gallons of it waiting to be frozen, which is a task for tomorrow.

I need to make a new batch myself and I make almost that much at
a time. I use an 8qt pot but I actually make about 7qts in it.
Need some stirring room on top. When making that, I'll always add
a can or two (most times just one) of tomato paste right near the
end to thicken it all up a bit if it seems too thin.

Once I make a new batch then I'll make a good batch of lasagne
too. I'm way over due for both....like 2 years now.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-01 6:26 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 4:32:39 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> You never know when a troop of seamen are going to show up for dinner.
>> Most recipes designed for families call for only a couple spoonfuls of
>> tomato paste.

> We use more than 8 oz for a batch of spaghetti sauce. We've got a couple
> gallons of it waiting to be frozen, which is a task for tomorrow.

Paste or sauce? Tomato paste is most often sold in 5.5 oz cans.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 10:04:21 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-02-01 6:26 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 4:32:39 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> >
> >> You never know when a troop of seamen are going to show up for dinner.
> >> Most recipes designed for families call for only a couple spoonfuls of
> >> tomato paste.

> > We use more than 8 oz for a batch of spaghetti sauce. We've got a couple
> > gallons of it waiting to be frozen, which is a task for tomorrow.
> >

> Paste or sauce? Tomato paste is most often sold in 5.5 oz cans.

Both. 6 28-oz cans of tomato sauce, 1 12-ounce can of tomato paste,
1 6-ounce can of tomato paste, a bottle of wine, and some other stuff.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-01 10:22 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 10:04:21 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> We use more than 8 oz for a batch of spaghetti sauce. We've got a couple
>>> gallons of it waiting to be frozen, which is a task for tomorrow.
>>>

>> Paste or sauce? Tomato paste is most often sold in 5.5 oz cans.

> Both. 6 28-oz cans of tomato sauce, 1 12-ounce can of tomato paste,
> 1 6-ounce can of tomato paste, a bottle of wine, and some other stuff.

Okay... you are talking about preparing a lot of pasta sauce in advance.
I usually make about a quart at a time, enough for one meal for two and
enough leftovers for a second meal.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 10:41:01 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-02-01 10:22 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> Paste or sauce? Tomato paste is most often sold in 5.5 oz cans.

> > Both. 6 28-oz cans of tomato sauce, 1 12-ounce can of tomato paste,
> > 1 6-ounce can of tomato paste, a bottle of wine, and some other stuff.

> Okay... you are talking about preparing a lot of pasta sauce in advance.
> I usually make about a quart at a time, enough for one meal for two and
> enough leftovers for a second meal.

It freezes so beautifully and the amount of effort for 2 gallons
compared to 1 quart is not much more, we don't see any reason not
to go big. Then we have umpteen meals where all we have to do is
cook pasta.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 07:43:43 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 10:41:01 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > Both. 6 28-oz cans of tomato sauce, 1 12-ounce can of tomato paste,
>> > 1 6-ounce can of tomato paste, a bottle of wine, and some other stuff.

>> Okay... you are talking about preparing a lot of pasta sauce in advance.
>> I usually make about a quart at a time, enough for one meal for two and
>> enough leftovers for a second meal.

>It freezes so beautifully and the amount of effort for 2 gallons
>compared to 1 quart is not much more, we don't see any reason not
>to go big. Then we have umpteen meals where all we have to do is
>cook pasta.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I take it in a slightly different direction.

We like ground beef in both red sauce and chili, so I start with the
basics of sauteed onion, browned meet, canned tomatoes, tomato paste,
garlic, salt & pepper, then after about an hour, I split the batch
(which might actually be a bit more than 2 gals to start, as I use my
largest pot for this first step, the pot we call "the baby boiler"),
add my favorite Italian seasonings to one part, and my favorite chili
seasonings to the other and continue simmering.

Each pot gets a tad more tailored as it cooks, but when I'm done,
again, for not much more work than making small batches or just one
recipe, I have several meals worth of pasta sauce and chili.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-12 10:46 p.m., Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I have no desire to ownan air fryer or a pressure/fryer. However, I
> do like and use my simple pressure cooker for certain things.

I have to say that we have been enjoying ours.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 9:55:24 PM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2019-02-12 10:46 p.m., Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
> > I have no desire to ownan air fryer or a pressure/fryer. However, I
> > do like and use my simple pressure cooker for certain things.
> >

> I have to say that we have been enjoying ours.

I've been enjoying my Ninja Foodi.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default MIA

No - not the ferret, darnit..

Talking about Missing In Action this time - Cheri

Last time she wrote here was 15 days ago
when she told Shelar, "Oh stuff it." heheh

I hope she's ok. It's not like her to disappear for this long.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 06:58:18 -0500, Gary wrote:

> No - not the ferret, darnit..
>
> Talking about Missing In Action this time - Cheri
>
> Last time she wrote here was 15 days ago
> when she told Shelar, "Oh stuff it." heheh
>
> I hope she's ok. It's not like her to disappear for this long.

Her last online words before she died that day. I thought for sure
I'd be her last online words, and it would have been a similar
sentiment, but Sheldon got that prestigious award this time.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 06:58:18 -0500, Gary wrote:
>
>> No - not the ferret, darnit..
>>
>> Talking about Missing In Action this time - Cheri
>>
>> Last time she wrote here was 15 days ago
>> when she told Shelar, "Oh stuff it." heheh
>>
>> I hope she's ok. It's not like her to disappear for this long.

> Her last online words before she died that day. I thought for sure
> I'd be her last online words, and it would have been a similar
> sentiment, but Sheldon got that prestigious award this time.
>
> -sw

We should take up a collection to buy a nice prize for the last person
to **** on Popeye.

Hot air fryers Rick Daly General Cooking 27 25-03-2016 01:21 AM
Deep Fryers [email protected] Cooking Equipment 11 20-12-2004 07:31 PM
Pressure Fryers? LET Cooking Equipment 0 12-09-2004 06:31 AM
Can fryers be roasted? Edwin Pawlowski General Cooking 4 05-02-2004 01:33 AM
Deep Fryers Frank A. Chris Dohrmann General Cooking 14 09-10-2003 03:44 AM