FoodBanter.com

-   -   Salad dressing/Miracle Whip? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/442712-salad-dressing-miracle-whip.html)

Nancy Young[_9_] 14-12-2017 02:30 AM

Salad dressing/Miracle Whip?

I'm going to make the copycat recipe for the pineapple
cream cheese jarred stuff we discussed not too long ago.

One ingredient called for is a Tbsp of salad dressing.

Should I cough up a few bucks to buy a small jar of it or
is there an easy work around I'm not aware of?

nancy

[email protected][_2_] 14-12-2017 04:49 AM

On Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 8:30:20 PM UTC-6, Nancy Young wrote:

> I'm going to make the copycat recipe for the pineapple
> cream cheese jarred stuff we discussed not too long ago.
>
> One ingredient called for is a Tbsp of salad dressing.
>
> Should I cough up a few bucks to buy a small jar of it or
> is there an easy work around I'm not aware of?
>
> nancy

If you have mayo, use that.

Nancy Young[_9_] 14-12-2017 05:00 AM

On 12/13/2017 11:49 PM, wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 8:30:20 PM UTC-6, Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> I'm going to make the copycat recipe for the pineapple
>> cream cheese jarred stuff we discussed not too long ago.
>>
>> One ingredient called for is a Tbsp of salad dressing.
>>
>> Should I cough up a few bucks to buy a small jar of it or
>> is there an easy work around I'm not aware of?

> If you have mayo, use that.

Works for me. I figured there would be some Add sugar and lemon
juice or something. I'm good with mayo.

nancy

Thomas[_4_] 14-12-2017 05:28 PM

On Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 9:30:20 PM UTC-5, Nancy Young wrote:
> I'm going to make the copycat recipe for the pineapple
> cream cheese jarred stuff we discussed not too long ago.
>
> One ingredient called for is a Tbsp of salad dressing.
>
> Should I cough up a few bucks to buy a small jar of it or
> is there an easy work around I'm not aware of?
>
> nancy

Look up the copycat for miracle whip.

http://www.grouprecipes.com/38025/mi...--copycat.html

Nancy Young[_9_] 15-12-2017 12:05 AM

On 12/14/2017 12:28 PM, Thomas wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 9:30:20 PM UTC-5, Nancy Young wrote:
>> I'm going to make the copycat recipe for the pineapple
>> cream cheese jarred stuff we discussed not too long ago.
>>
>> One ingredient called for is a Tbsp of salad dressing.
>>
>> Should I cough up a few bucks to buy a small jar of it or
>> is there an easy work around I'm not aware of?

> Look up the copycat for miracle whip.
>
> http://www.grouprecipes.com/38025/mi...--copycat.html

The dry mustard, that's interesting. Thanks for the link.

nancy