Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping Janet US Pecan Pie Bars

I made them yesterday. When I got them out of the oven I had a wee mishap.

I picked up the foil they were baking on, and someone, who shall remain
nameless, accidentally nudged into my back.

The 'bars' fell onto the counter and ... kind of ... broke up.

Because I can no longer cut it into bars I have put the lumps in a plastic
box on the counter.

Every time someone passes by it, they take a chunk (oh alright, me too) <g>

http://tinypic.com/r/352f0g6/9

I guess they are not going to last too long ))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/11/2017 7:32 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> I made them yesterday.Â* When I got them out of the oven I had a wee mishap.
>
> I picked up the foil they were baking on, and someone, who shall remain
> nameless, accidentally nudged into my back.
>
> The 'bars' fell onto the counter and ... kind of ... broke up.
>
> Because I can no longer cut it into bars I have put the lumps in a
> plastic box on the counter.
>
> Every time someone passes by it, they take a chunk (oh alright, me too) <g>
>
> http://tinypic.com/r/352f0g6/9
>
> I guess they are not going to last too long ))

No kidding!

Uh...care package stateside please?

:-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 Dec 2017 14:32:55 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>I made them yesterday. When I got them out of the oven I had a wee mishap.
>
>I picked up the foil they were baking on, and someone, who shall remain
>nameless, accidentally nudged into my back.
>
>The 'bars' fell onto the counter and ... kind of ... broke up.
>
>Because I can no longer cut it into bars I have put the lumps in a plastic
>box on the counter.
>
>Every time someone passes by it, they take a chunk (oh alright, me too) <g>
>
>http://tinypic.com/r/352f0g6/9
>
>I guess they are not going to last too long ))

those darn kitchen gremlins! But, hey! When you are taking chunks no
one can keep track of how much you are eating. ;-)
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/11/2017 10:47 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Dec 2017 14:32:55 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> I made them yesterday. When I got them out of the oven I had a wee mishap.
>>
>> I picked up the foil they were baking on, and someone, who shall remain
>> nameless, accidentally nudged into my back.
>>
>> The 'bars' fell onto the counter and ... kind of ... broke up.
>>
>> Because I can no longer cut it into bars I have put the lumps in a plastic
>> box on the counter.
>>
>> Every time someone passes by it, they take a chunk (oh alright, me too) <g>
>>
>> http://tinypic.com/r/352f0g6/9
>>
>> I guess they are not going to last too long ))

> those darn kitchen gremlins! But, hey! When you are taking chunks no
> one can keep track of how much you are eating. ;-)
> Janet US

We'll have to rename that Boise Brittle!

purty stuff...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
9.44...

On Mon 11 Dec 2017 07:32:55a, Ophelia told us...

> I made them yesterday. When I got them out of the oven I had a
> wee mishap.
>
> I picked up the foil they were baking on, and someone, who shall
> remain nameless, accidentally nudged into my back.
>
> The 'bars' fell onto the counter and ... kind of ... broke up.
>
> Because I can no longer cut it into bars I have put the lumps in a
> plastic box on the counter.
>
> Every time someone passes by it, they take a chunk (oh alright, me
> too) <g>
>
> http://tinypic.com/r/352f0g6/9
>
> I guess they are not going to last too long ))

They certainly look good enough to eat! And, I really love pecans!

Think of it like peaut brittle, which is always broken into irgular
pieces. :-)

Wayne Boatwright
==

Don't worry, we are managing ... ;-)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>I made them yesterday. When I got them out of the oven I had a wee mishap.
>
>I picked up the foil they were baking on, and someone, who shall remain
>nameless, accidentally nudged into my back.
>
>The 'bars' fell onto the counter and ... kind of ... broke up.
>
>Because I can no longer cut it into bars I have put the lumps in a plastic
>box on the counter.
>
>Every time someone passes by it, they take a chunk (oh alright, me too) <g>
>
>http://tinypic.com/r/352f0g6/9
>
>I guess they are not going to last too long ))

those darn kitchen gremlins! But, hey! When you are taking chunks no
one can keep track of how much you are eating. ;-)
Janet US

==

Yep <g> Good .. innit?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
> 9.44...
>
> On Mon 11 Dec 2017 07:32:55a, Ophelia told us...
>
>> I made them yesterday. When I got them out of the oven I had a
>> wee mishap.
>>
>> I picked up the foil they were baking on, and someone, who shall
>> remain nameless, accidentally nudged into my back.
>>
>> The 'bars' fell onto the counter and ... kind of ... broke up.
>>
>> Because I can no longer cut it into bars I have put the lumps in a
>> plastic box on the counter.
>>
>> Every time someone passes by it, they take a chunk (oh alright, me
>> too) <g>
>>
>> http://tinypic.com/r/352f0g6/9
>>
>> I guess they are not going to last too long ))

Hey, one of those mishaps that turns out great.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
> 9.44...
>
> On Mon 11 Dec 2017 07:32:55a, Ophelia told us...
>
>> I made them yesterday. When I got them out of the oven I had a
>> wee mishap.
>>
>> I picked up the foil they were baking on, and someone, who shall
>> remain nameless, accidentally nudged into my back.
>>
>> The 'bars' fell onto the counter and ... kind of ... broke up.
>>
>> Because I can no longer cut it into bars I have put the lumps in a
>> plastic box on the counter.
>>
>> Every time someone passes by it, they take a chunk (oh alright, me
>> too) <g>
>>
>> http://tinypic.com/r/352f0g6/9
>>
>> I guess they are not going to last too long ))

Hey, one of those mishaps that turns out great.

Cheri

==

lol

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 11, 2017 at 4:52:02 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> I made them yesterday. When I got them out of the oven I had a wee mishap.
>
> I picked up the foil they were baking on, and someone, who shall remain
> nameless, accidentally nudged into my back.
>
> The 'bars' fell onto the counter and ... kind of ... broke up.
>
> Because I can no longer cut it into bars I have put the lumps in a plastic
> box on the counter.
>
> Every time someone passes by it, they take a chunk (oh alright, me too) <g>
>
> http://tinypic.com/r/352f0g6/9
>
> I guess they are not going to last too long ))
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Thanks for the picture. I might have to make them. I got a recipe for you. It's supposed to be the perfect cookie recipe.

https://9to5google.com/2017/12/04/go...kie-recipe-ai/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 Dec 2017 18:11:46 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
.. .

>On Mon, 11 Dec 2017 14:32:55 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>I made them yesterday. When I got them out of the oven I had a wee mishap.
>>
>>I picked up the foil they were baking on, and someone, who shall remain
>>nameless, accidentally nudged into my back.
>>
>>The 'bars' fell onto the counter and ... kind of ... broke up.
>>
>>Because I can no longer cut it into bars I have put the lumps in a plastic
>>box on the counter.
>>
>>Every time someone passes by it, they take a chunk (oh alright, me too) <g>
>>
>>http://tinypic.com/r/352f0g6/9
>>
>>I guess they are not going to last too long ))

>those darn kitchen gremlins! But, hey! When you are taking chunks no
>one can keep track of how much you are eating. ;-)
>Janet US
>
>==
>
>Yep <g> Good .. innit?

I'm thinking you made the recipe that had a from scratch crust and not
the one with the cake mix bottom? The from scratch crust is my
favorite as well. I have a huge amount of recipes on my computer and
I don't always remember to note on them the best results. I will
definitely give this one the "O" of approval ;-}
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/11/2017 12:16 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, December 11, 2017 at 4:52:02 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> I made them yesterday. When I got them out of the oven I had a wee mishap.
>>
>> I picked up the foil they were baking on, and someone, who shall remain
>> nameless, accidentally nudged into my back.
>>
>> The 'bars' fell onto the counter and ... kind of ... broke up.
>>
>> Because I can no longer cut it into bars I have put the lumps in a plastic
>> box on the counter.
>>
>> Every time someone passes by it, they take a chunk (oh alright, me too) <g>
>>
>> http://tinypic.com/r/352f0g6/9
>>
>> I guess they are not going to last too long ))
>>

>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> Thanks for the picture. I might have to make them. I got a recipe for you. It's supposed to be the perfect cookie recipe.
>
> https://9to5google.com/2017/12/04/go...kie-recipe-ai/

I like cardamom, but not in a chocolate chip cookie, thanks...

AI is messin' wid us.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Monday, December 11, 2017 at 4:52:02 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> I made them yesterday. When I got them out of the oven I had a wee
> mishap.
>
> I picked up the foil they were baking on, and someone, who shall remain
> nameless, accidentally nudged into my back.
>
> The 'bars' fell onto the counter and ... kind of ... broke up.
>
> Because I can no longer cut it into bars I have put the lumps in a plastic
> box on the counter.
>
> Every time someone passes by it, they take a chunk (oh alright, me too)
> <g>
>
> http://tinypic.com/r/352f0g6/9
>
> I guess they are not going to last too long ))
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Thanks for the picture. I might have to make them. I got a recipe for you.
It's supposed to be the perfect cookie recipe.

https://9to5google.com/2017/12/04/go...kie-recipe-ai/

==

Thanks, I'll have a wee look

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
.. .

>On Mon, 11 Dec 2017 14:32:55 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>I made them yesterday. When I got them out of the oven I had a wee
>>mishap.
>>
>>I picked up the foil they were baking on, and someone, who shall remain
>>nameless, accidentally nudged into my back.
>>
>>The 'bars' fell onto the counter and ... kind of ... broke up.
>>
>>Because I can no longer cut it into bars I have put the lumps in a plastic
>>box on the counter.
>>
>>Every time someone passes by it, they take a chunk (oh alright, me too)
>><g>
>>
>>http://tinypic.com/r/352f0g6/9
>>
>>I guess they are not going to last too long ))

>those darn kitchen gremlins! But, hey! When you are taking chunks no
>one can keep track of how much you are eating. ;-)
>Janet US
>
>==
>
>Yep <g> Good .. innit?

I'm thinking you made the recipe that had a from scratch crust and not
the one with the cake mix bottom? The from scratch crust is my
favorite as well. I have a huge amount of recipes on my computer and
I don't always remember to note on them the best results. I will
definitely give this one the "O" of approval ;-}
Janet US

==

Yes I did, but I did use brown sugar because I don't have white in.

lol oh btw I did put more pecans in it. Well I had some leftover and you
can't waste them ...

Come on .. when did you ever use a recipe as it is written?? <g>

Jolly good though))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 11, 2017 at 9:45:09 AM UTC-10, Casa del Sol naciente wrote:
> On 12/11/2017 12:16 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>
> I like cardamom, but not in a chocolate chip cookie, thanks...
>
> AI is messin' wid us.

The end of the human race started out small, with a recipe that was beyond the realm of human experience. We should have seen it coming. We didn't...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 11, 2017 at 10:05:41 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Yes I did, but I did use brown sugar because I don't have white in.
>
> lol oh btw I did put more pecans in it. Well I had some leftover and you
> can't waste them ...
>
> Come on .. when did you ever use a recipe as it is written?? <g>
>
> Jolly good though))
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

I do this with pecan pies. I forget the paltry amount of pecans that recipe calls for and dump in twice the amount. My goal is to reach 300%.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/11/2017 1:40 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, December 11, 2017 at 9:45:09 AM UTC-10, Casa del Sol naciente wrote:
>> On 12/11/2017 12:16 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> I like cardamom, but not in a chocolate chip cookie, thanks...
>>
>> AI is messin' wid us.

> The end of the human race started out small, with a recipe that was beyond the realm of human experience. We should have seen it coming. We didn't...

Sure is interesting how predictive The Terminator series was...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Monday, December 11, 2017 at 10:05:41 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Yes I did, but I did use brown sugar because I don't have white in.
>
> lol oh btw I did put more pecans in it. Well I had some leftover and you
> can't waste them ...
>
> Come on .. when did you ever use a recipe as it is written?? <g>
>
> Jolly good though))
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

I do this with pecan pies. I forget the paltry amount of pecans that recipe
calls for and dump in twice the amount. My goal is to reach 300%.

==

lol I didn't have that many, but there was half a packet left over so... )

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Monday, December 11, 2017 at 4:52:02 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> I made them yesterday. When I got them out of the oven I had a wee
> mishap.
>
> I picked up the foil they were baking on, and someone, who shall remain
> nameless, accidentally nudged into my back.
>
> The 'bars' fell onto the counter and ... kind of ... broke up.
>
> Because I can no longer cut it into bars I have put the lumps in a plastic
> box on the counter.
>
> Every time someone passes by it, they take a chunk (oh alright, me too)
> <g>
>
> http://tinypic.com/r/352f0g6/9
>
> I guess they are not going to last too long ))
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Thanks for the picture. I might have to make them. I got a recipe for you.
It's supposed to be the perfect cookie recipe.

https://9to5google.com/2017/12/04/go...kie-recipe-ai/

==

Thanks, I'll have a wee look
==

Errrrr thanks, I think. TBH I am not too impressed with the ingredients but
.... if you do make them let me know.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Pecan bars Ophelia[_14_] General Cooking 4 07-12-2017 09:15 PM
Ping: Janet B sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 24-09-2014 01:20 AM
ping: Janet UK sf[_9_] General Cooking 4 20-10-2013 09:01 PM
REC: Pecan Pie Bars Janet Bostwick General Cooking 3 10-11-2012 05:41 PM