Old 24-11-2017, 02:39 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Boiling or simmering raw sausage links

wrote in rec.food.cooking:

On Thursday, November 23, 2017 at 2:37:52 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
wrote in rec.food.cooking:

(snipped bean and rice with meat and mint recipe)

Hi Jaz,

I like generally the recipe but the mint simply feels wrong to me?
Different traditions likely there.

--

I understand. Some recipes don't sound good on paper. How about
hummus for instance? Chick peas and sesame paste? How did that come

TJ

I follow you. I have plenty of recipes where parts are cooked then
added later by serving. There's a term my friend Susan uses for it
called 'cook once, eat many'. I think it came from a book or a trend.

An example of what she does is to brown up enough ground beef for a
week then freeze the rest.

Susan has an extended family and feeds from 9-13 people (2 of them
small grandkids) each meal. Humm, lets see if I can count them up.
There's Susan and her husband, and 4 adult kids of which 3 are married
and 2 live with her (plus one son in law and 2 of the grandkids). The
other 2 adult kids and their spouses live within 100 yards or so and
there are 2 middle school aged kids. (Yes, they kick in for the
groceries).

Her Thanksgiving preps started Tuesday with cookies and other make
ahead items. Today she did 2 Turkeys and one of the sons brought over a
baked ham. She's the only one I know in person with a stand alone
stove and a secondary counter rangetop who really needs all that.

While her needs are different from yours, she'd definately do the same
sort of mix-n-match cookery.

Carol

Old 24-11-2017, 02:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in rec.food.cooking:

Sorry to carry on, but speaking of hummus, I made some today, good
for the next 6 days, 7 meals in all. I use two cans of progresso
chick peas, rinsed. While rinsing I rub the beans between my hands
and the skins peel off. I then dump the water into a strainer
sitting over a pot. I do this about 6 times till nearly all the
skins are off. Then I put the beans in a pot and simmer them even
though they are already cooked.

While the beans are heating I dice up about 6 big cloves of garlic
and add them to some salt in a mortar (or is it a pestle?). I go the
old fashioned way. It takes about 200 turns of the wrist to grind
the garlic into butter. Then I add about 7 tablespoons of tahini to
the beans - 2 20 oz cans, 40 oz in all. I stir it till it hardens.
Then I add half a lemon and stir some more. Then more lemon. Then
some cold water till I get the consistency I want. I then remove the
beans from the heat and mash down with a potato masher. Then I
removed the mashed beans from the pot and put them on a huge plate
and fine mash them with a fork. I put the beans in a rubbermaid
container and add the tahini mix spoonful by spoonful till I get the
right consistency. I have to admit it, I do make pretty good hummus.
Mine is not so much a dip as a meal. Kind of thick. Each day I put
some on a plate along with some pre cooked chicken breast from Whole
Foods, some oranges and cucumbers cut up along with some cold cooked
sweet potatoes surrounded with olives. I eat it with toasted flat
bread. It's a great dish if I must say so myself. I don't use much
chicken. A half pound will give me 4 or 5 portions when put on a
plate with hummus. I also put score the top of the hummus with a
fork and drizzle some olive oil onto it along with some cayenne
pepper. It's a pain in the butt making it, but once done it's good
for 6 days, 7 meals in all, with no work other than slinging the
stuff together on a plate. Thanks for bearing with me on this.

TJ

Smile, easy thing to do there! I've only made hummus a few times but
the recipe seems close. Your use of meat as more of a garnish matches
my home's eating. We aren't vegetarian by any means, but normally meat
here is 3oz or less a day unless it's fish in which case can be upwards
of 8oz serving.

On the gear, the: mortar (or is it a pestle?) bit? The bowl like part
is the mortar and the masher part is the pestle.

Old 24-11-2017, 07:21 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

HMU

CALL OR TEXT or watsapp ....+17546663823
Wickr id............miken
Email

hello we are leading suppliers of pharmaceutical product meds online we operate on daily and retails basis and very reliable and our product are 100% top quality am ready to supply on large and smaller orders and i am looking in building a strong business relationship with potential client around the world i do world wide delivery and delivery is guarantee.
see price list offer and pm me or you can get me on whatsapp

FOR ZOLPICLONE 7.5MG SMALLER ORDER
250 tabs..........................‎£90
500 tabs...........................‎£150
1000 tabs.........................‎£250
2500 tabs.........................£350
5000 tabs.........................£500
7500 tabs.........................£700
10000 tabs........................£850
15000 tabs........................£1200
25000 tabs........................£1500

FOR DIAZEPAM SHALINA BRAND
diazepam 10mg 500pills £100
diazepam 10mg 300pills £70
diazepam 10mg 1000pills £150
diazepam 10mg 5000pills £350
diazepam 5mg 1000pills £120
diazepam 5mg 5000pills £300
diazepam 5mg 10000pills £500
diazepam 10mg 10000pills £700

FOR ROCHE DIAZEPAMS 10MG SMALLER ORDER
250 tabs..........................‎£90
500 tabs...........................‎£150
1000 tabs.........................‎£250
2500 tabs.........................£350
5000 tabs.........................£500
7500 tabs.........................£700
10000 tabs........................£850
15000 tabs........................£1200
25000 tabs........................£1500

TEVA 10MG DIAZEPAMS SMALLER ORDER
250 tabs...........................‎£90
500 tabs...........................‎£150
1000 tabs.........................‎£250
2500 tabs.........................£350
5000 tabs.........................£500
7500 tabs.........................£700
10000 tabs.......................£850
15000 tabs.......................£1200
25000 tabs.......................£1500
ketamine £20 each vial/1g
ketamine powder each gram £25

FOR TRAMADOL APPLE FLAVOUR
tramadol 50mg 250pills £80
tramadol 100mg 300pills £90
tramadol 225mg 300pills £120
tramadol 50mg 500pills £130
tramadol 100mg 500pills £140
tramadol 250mg 500pills £150
tramadol 50mg 1000pills £200
tramadol 100mg 1000pills £220
tramadol 250mg 1000pills £250

FOR TRAMADOL BULK ORDER
tramadol 50mg 5000pills £450
tramadol 100mg 5000pills £550
tramadol 250mg 5000pills £700

i also have my delivery records all around the worlds and i providedated pictures with buyers name and my name CALL US OR TEXT ....+17546663823 email for detailsi supply more than the quantity listed,i give additional discount to more larger ordersi look forward in doing great business with reliable buyersthanks email for details kushpharma35

Old 24-11-2017, 07:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/23/2017 10:03 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
You really are
a lazy ****. This is why I didn't and wont even try and answer of
your cooking questions.

-sw

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org...ntation-057jpg

Hide the Ho Ho's!!!!!!!!!!

- sw
Do not let "Oscar" near your food. He was obliviously digging
boogers out of his nose with his thumb at the end of the check-stand
while bagging groceries. Fortunately he was bagging the customer
next to me, not mine. Otherwise I would have made a stink about it
right then, and with no mercy.

Note - it has been one month since I visited Sprouts and wrote this

review (Grand Opening weekend, IIRC) as well as writing to corporate
about my experience (Oscar + overcharges). Sprouts has never responded
or offered a refund. They'll probably complain about this review, though.

They get 1 star for nose-picking while touching customer food.

Old 24-11-2017, 11:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Nov 2017 15:51:29 GMT, "l not -l" wrote:

On 24-Nov-2017, wrote:

On 11/24/2017 12:03 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 20:07:01 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Now, as for browning the sausage, I won't argue it might
taste
better that way, but I'll be using it in the beans (either
great
northern or kidney, always done to near mush), so I'll
probably
pass on the browning because I'm a lazy guy and I'll have
less pan
to wash. Appreciate the advice though.

It takes 10-12 seconds to wash a pan that going to be used to
make
something you're going to eat for 6 days taste better. You
really are
a lazy ****. This is why I didn't and wont even try and
answer of
your cooking questions.

-sw

TJ has always been proud of his laziness. If I was going to
make beansAndouille
in the pan right after the sausage, no reason to clean it. The
fond
would add some flavor. Make it easier to clean when all is
done.

+1 Why lose all that flavor.

However, it would never have crossed my mind to boil any kind of
sausage, except crappy hot dogs, which I haven't had in years.
But, I do use smoked shanks, or similar, in many kinds of beans,
browning them, then adding water to deglaze then cook the beans.
With red beans, I add coins of Andouille after the beans have
cooked. The closest I've come to boiling sausage is adding
Polish sausage to cabbage, simmering/braising it until warmed
through.

Not boil! Slow simmer!

Old 25-11-2017, 02:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, November 23, 2017 at 9:57:12 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:

On the gear, the: mortar (or is it a pestle?) bit? The bowl like part
is the mortar and the masher part is the pestle.

Thanks for both those posts. I have a great memory, no bragging, it's true.. But for some reason even though I have been told before on several occasions which is the mortar and which is the pestle I for some reason never get it planted in my brain. Probably because I don't use it much. I used to have a good wooden one with a nice thick rounded pestle. The one I have now is some kind of marble with a pestle that is too thin. But it's usable. The hummus turned out great. I am with you and your family - I am no vegetarian but eat lots of veggies and keep the meat to 3 ounces typically. Now and then a good 6 to 8 ounce steak is nice, but it's not a regular thing with me. I'm a soup and stew type guy, also cold dishes slung together such as the fruit plate I mentioned with the hummus. I got into the 6 day prep routine over the years when I drove a cab and didn't have enough time to cook every day. Now that I am 'retired' and collecting $735 a month SSI I still use that same system. I live on less than some people spend in a week, but I feel wealthy because I don't have to work. I also said, "No matter how much money you make, if you HAVE to work you're not rich." Thanks for your posts.

TJ

Old 25-11-2017, 02:28 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, November 24, 2017 at 10:20:15 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

TJ has always been proud of his laziness. If I was going to make beans
in the pan right after the sausage, no reason to clean it. The fond
would add some flavor. Make it easier to clean when all is done.

Thanks, that is what I intended to do. I just didn't want to brown the sausages and get a bunch of grease in the air. I will simmer them then dump the water and add new water to make the beans. I'm going to use great northern which will look good with the roma tomatoes and parsley and other spice/veggies tossed in. Yes Ed, I have always been proud of my laziness and have always admitted to hating work - yet I am also proud of being one of the best workers I have ever known because pretending to work is harder than work itself, in the same way that lying is harder than telling the truth. I am going to simmer the sausage and set aside, then make the beans. When the beans are done I'm going to saute all those veggies and spices in olive oil and add to the beans. The sausage will be cut up into pieces, sliced or diced, however I want it from day to day, and added each day as opposed to tossed into the mix all at once. I also might add some spinach each day. I know sausage looks and maybe even tastes better browned, but once it's in the bean mix I don't think it matters much. Thanks again.
Old 25-11-2017, 02:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, November 24, 2017 at 6:00:52 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

Not boil! Slow simmer!

Words, words, words. Ok, I meant simmer. Of course I'm not going to boil them to death. Sorry for using the wrong word. Do I get a pardon or will I be taken out and shot at dawn?

TJ
Old 25-11-2017, 02:35 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, November 24, 2017 at 3:00:23 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

True, only need one pan to brown saw-seege and then add beans.... TJ
just proves he uses toothpics to dunk vienna sausage into a can of
beans... no clean up.

I am not anti fat or sugar or salt, I just don't want the beans swimming in a bunch of sausage fat with a bunch of preservatives. So I figure I'll simmer the sausage then dump the water, add fresh water and make the beans. Fat will come into the meal later when I saute the veggie/spice mix in olive oil. I sometimes use a mix of half butter and half oil. Vienna sausages - I've had them - oblong spam I guess it could be called. Don't knock it for the hungry. Some people need a bit of hardship in their lives, a few years in a prisoner of war camp or whatever to make them appreciate what they've got. Even potato chips are food when one is hungry enough. And how about a few pickled eggs to go along with the vienna sausages? Perhaps a Twinkie with a Slim Jim in the middle? Yummy!
Old 25-11-2017, 04:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in rec.food.cooking:

[...]

Hi TJ, and no problem! I have dyslexia so spelling tends to be my
issue. Every now and again you will see someone here go bonkers about
it. Like is it pestel or pestle? I dunno! Anyways, the different
thicknesses to the matching bowl depend on what you are making. All
work, but some are more efficient for some things. In places I have
lived where they were common kitchen things, they tended to have 3
mortars of variable sizes and up to 6 pestles (sp?), also of variable
sizes. It was depending on what they needed to crush/mash as to what
was used.

On living within your means, I am with you. Some here try to pretend
upscale but aren't and some make more $$ but cook simply and we have
one angel who caretook of her mom and inherted the house that turns out
is in an HOA. She has to either eat at the clubhouse or pay them some
annual fee if she doesn't eat there to the annual required level (crazy
I know but we have fun seeing the menus when she posts them).

Anyways, we have some commonality in cookery between us!
Carol

Old 25-11-2017, 11:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, November 24, 2017 at 9:22:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, November 23, 2017 at 9:57:12 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:

On the gear, the: mortar (or is it a pestle?) bit? The bowl like part
is the mortar and the masher part is the pestle.

Thanks for both those posts. I have a great memory, no bragging, it's true. But for some reason even though I have been told before on several occasions which is the mortar and which is the pestle I for some reason never get it planted in my brain.

The pestle is the one shaped like a penis.

Cindy Hamilton