Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Did You Remember???

Who did not place their frozen turkey in the fridge to defrost, almost
too late.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 18:17:08 -0600, Hank Rogers >

>> Who did not place their frozen turkey in the fridge to defrost, almost
>> too late.

>I remembered. Did Yoose?

Naturally I remembered. Unfortunately most RFCers will be eating
bologna sandwiches for Thanksgiving.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 18:17:08 -0600, Hank Rogers >

>>> Who did not place their frozen turkey in the fridge to defrost, almost
>>> too late.

>>I remembered. Did Yoose?

> Naturally I remembered. Unfortunately most RFCers will be eating
> bologna sandwiches for Thanksgiving.

I'd like that, fried bologna sandwich on soft white bread. Mmmmmmmmmm. I'm
having turkey roast, dressing, cranberry conserve, mashed potatoes, peas and
corn, gravy and I haven't decided what dessert yet. What's yours?

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 6:52:42 PM UTC-6, Cheri wrote:

> > wrote in message
> >
> > Naturally I remembered. Unfortunately most RFCers will be eating
> > bologna sandwiches for Thanksgiving.

> I'd like that, fried bologna sandwich on soft white bread. Mmmmmmmmmm. I'm
> having turkey roast, dressing, cranberry conserve, mashed potatoes, peas and
> corn, gravy and I haven't decided what dessert yet. What's yours?
>
> Cheri

I'm taking a ham to my sister-in-law's house along with a cherry dump
cake (Pioneer Woman recipe). My nephew is doing two turkey breasts
on his gas rotisserie grill; one is regular seasoning and the other
will be Cajun. There will be many, many side dishes as well as lots
of other desserts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 6:52:42 PM UTC-6, Cheri wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message
>> >
>> > Naturally I remembered. Unfortunately most RFCers will be eating
>> > bologna sandwiches for Thanksgiving.

>> I'd like that, fried bologna sandwich on soft white bread. Mmmmmmmmmm.
>> I'm
>> having turkey roast, dressing, cranberry conserve, mashed potatoes, peas
>> and
>> corn, gravy and I haven't decided what dessert yet. What's yours?
>>
>> Cheri
>>

> I'm taking a ham to my sister-in-law's house along with a cherry dump
> cake (Pioneer Woman recipe). My nephew is doing two turkey breasts
> on his gas rotisserie grill; one is regular seasoning and the other
> will be Cajun. There will be many, many side dishes as well as lots
> of other desserts.

That sounds good. I did one of her recipes that was a pumpkin dump cake a
couple of years ago, everyone loved it, so I 'm sure the cherry one will be
yummy. It sounds like a good time with good food.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 8:15:30 PM UTC-6, Cheri wrote:

> > wrote in message
>
> > I'm taking a ham to my sister-in-law's house along with a cherry dump
> > cake (Pioneer Woman recipe). My nephew is doing two turkey breasts
> > on his gas rotisserie grill; one is regular seasoning and the other
> > will be Cajun. There will be many, many side dishes as well as lots
> > of other desserts.
> >

> That sounds good. I did one of her recipes that was a pumpkin dump cake a
> couple of years ago, everyone loved it, so I 'm sure the cherry one will be
> yummy. It sounds like a good time with good food.
>
> Cheri

Oh yes, there will be lots of talk and laughter. My grilling nephew just
loves cherry pie and this dump cake is always a hit with him. I'm also
taking along a large pail of vanilla ice cream to tone down the super
sweet dump cake. I use the Comstock (or store brand) cherry pie filling
for this dessert.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
news
> On 11/21/2017 5:16 PM, wrote:
>> Who did not place their frozen turkey in the fridge to defrost, almost
>> too late.
>>

> Damn, I didn't! Then again, I'm not cooking frozen turkey

Me either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 7:52:42 PM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:
> > wrote in message
> > On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 18:17:08 -0600, Hank Rogers >

> >>I remembered. Did Yoose?

> > Naturally I remembered. Unfortunately most RFCers will be eating
> > bologna sandwiches for Thanksgiving.

> I'd like that, fried bologna sandwich on soft white bread. Mmmmmmmmmm. I'm
> having turkey roast, dressing, cranberry conserve, mashed potatoes, peas and
> corn, gravy and I haven't decided what dessert yet. What's yours?
>
> Cheri

Roast turkey, dressing, gravy, tossed salad.

I'm trying to decide whether to buy a small pumpkin pie when I go
to the bakery today.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 17:19:35 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 6:52:42 PM UTC-6, Cheri wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message
>> >
>> > Naturally I remembered. Unfortunately most RFCers will be eating
>> > bologna sandwiches for Thanksgiving.

>> I'd like that, fried bologna sandwich on soft white bread. Mmmmmmmmmm. I'm
>> having turkey roast, dressing, cranberry conserve, mashed potatoes, peas and
>> corn, gravy and I haven't decided what dessert yet. What's yours?
>>
>> Cheri
>>

>I'm taking a ham to my sister-in-law's house along with a cherry dump
>cake (Pioneer Woman recipe).
>
>My nephew is doing two turkey breasts.

My kinda guy!

>on his gas rotisserie grill; one is regular seasoning and the other
>will be Cajun. There will be many, many side dishes as well as lots
>of other desserts.

I've got a 12lb turkey defrosting, will be prepped and traditionally
seasoned inside and out with poultry seasoning and have citrus slices
inserted under the skin, then roasted on a V rack.
There'll be roasted sweet potatoes and roasted butternut squash, fresh
broccoli crowns (steamed), kasha varnishkas, and a pumpkin pie. All
very standard/traditional fare. I'll prepare the kasha varnishkas
today as a head start, then just pop it into the oven.
I hope everyone has a great dinner and a Happy Thanksgiving.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> On Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 7:52:42 PM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> > On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 18:17:08 -0600, Hank Rogers >
>> > wrote:

>> > Naturally I remembered. Unfortunately most RFCers will be eating
>> > bologna sandwiches for Thanksgiving.

>> I'd like that, fried bologna sandwich on soft white bread. Mmmmmmmmmm.
>> I'm
>> having turkey roast, dressing, cranberry conserve, mashed potatoes, peas
>> and
>> corn, gravy and I haven't decided what dessert yet. What's yours?
>>
>> Cheri

> Roast turkey, dressing, gravy, tossed salad.
>
> I'm trying to decide whether to buy a small pumpkin pie when I go
> to the bakery today.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Sounds good.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 17:19:35 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:

>>> I'd like that, fried bologna sandwich on soft white bread. Mmmmmmmmmm.
>>> I'm
>>> having turkey roast, dressing, cranberry conserve, mashed potatoes, peas
>>> and
>>> corn, gravy and I haven't decided what dessert yet. What's yours?
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>>

>>I'm taking a ham to my sister-in-law's house along with a cherry dump
>>cake (Pioneer Woman recipe).
>>
>>My nephew is doing two turkey breasts.

> My kinda guy!
>
>>on his gas rotisserie grill; one is regular seasoning and the other
>>will be Cajun. There will be many, many side dishes as well as lots
>>of other desserts.

> I've got a 12lb turkey defrosting, will be prepped and traditionally
> seasoned inside and out with poultry seasoning and have citrus slices
> inserted under the skin, then roasted on a V rack.
> There'll be roasted sweet potatoes and roasted butternut squash, fresh
> broccoli crowns (steamed), kasha varnishkas, and a pumpkin pie. All
> very standard/traditional fare. I'll prepare the kasha varnishkas
> today as a head start, then just pop it into the oven.
> I hope everyone has a great dinner and a Happy Thanksgiving.

Sounds good, and same to you and yours. Happy Thanksgiving.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 07:36:20 -0500, wrote:

>On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 17:19:35 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>>> I'd like that, fried bologna sandwich on soft white bread. Mmmmmmmmmm. I'm
>>> having turkey roast, dressing, cranberry conserve, mashed potatoes, peas and
>>> corn, gravy and I haven't decided what dessert yet. What's yours?
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>>

>>I'm taking a ham to my sister-in-law's house along with a cherry dump
>>cake (Pioneer Woman recipe).
>>
>>My nephew is doing two turkey breasts.

>My kinda guy!
>
>>on his gas rotisserie grill; one is regular seasoning and the other
>>will be Cajun. There will be many, many side dishes as well as lots
>>of other desserts.

>I've got a 12lb turkey defrosting, will be prepped and traditionally
>seasoned inside and out with poultry seasoning and have citrus slices
>inserted under the skin, then roasted on a V rack.
>There'll be roasted sweet potatoes and roasted butternut squash, fresh
>broccoli crowns (steamed), kasha varnishkas, and a pumpkin pie. All
>very standard/traditional fare. I'll prepare the kasha varnishkas
>today as a head start, then just pop it into the oven.
>I hope everyone has a great dinner and a Happy Thanksgiving.

that's a lot of vitamin A at one meal!
Have a good meal!
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 07:51:06 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 11/21/2017 7:51 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>>> Naturally I remembered.* Unfortunately most RFCers will be eating
>>> bologna sandwiches for Thanksgiving.

>> I'd like that, fried bologna sandwich on soft white bread. Mmmmmmmmmm.
>> I'm having turkey roast, dressing, cranberry conserve, mashed potatoes,
>> peas and corn, gravy and I haven't decided what dessert yet. What's yours?
>>
>> Cheri

>I'm heating up half a roasted duck. I'll make cornbread dressing, gravy
>(made with chicken stock added to a roux and finished off with more
>butter), steamed broccoli. A scoop of vanilla ice cream will be dessert.
>
>Jill

It will be different stuff this year.
My grandson is flying in from Portland (new freshman there) and will
be staying with my ex. My ex's wife's son just moved his family here
from SF. We will all be going to my ex's wife's son's new home for
Thanksgiving dinner. My ex is doing the turkey on their Weber, his
wife is doing dessert. The son's wife is doing appetizers, mashed
potatoes and assorted go along's, son is planning an extensive bar,
The son's two little kids are darn cute and pretty well behaved. My
ex's father-in-law is a sweetie and my before dinner sipping partner
:-) I'm bring fresh baked bread and rolls and a salad. The original
plan was to go to my ex's house but the son/wife understandably want
to hold a family meal and show off a wonderful house up in the hills.
We are going to break high temperatures here for Thanksgiving Day that
haven't been breached since the 1880s.
All in all, I am off the hook for any extensive cooking. Meanwhile I
am sure the son's wife has had the cleaning ladies in and has been
worrying over the dishes she has to prepare. I remember those days.
Thankfully they are behind me. :-))
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/21/2017 7:14 PM, Cheri wrote:
> > wrote in message

>>> I'd like that, fried bologna sandwich on soft white bread.
>>> Mmmmmmmmmm. I'm
>>> having turkey roast, dressing, cranberry conserve, mashed potatoes,
>>> peas and
>>> corn, gravy and I haven't decided what dessert yet. What's yours?
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>>

>> I'm taking a ham to my sister-in-law's house along with a cherry dump
>> cake (Pioneer Woman recipe).* My nephew is doing two turkey breasts
>> on his gas rotisserie grill; one is regular seasoning and the other
>> will be Cajun.* There will be many, many side dishes as well as lots
>> of other desserts.
>>

> That sounds good. I did one of her recipes that was a pumpkin dump cake
> a couple of years ago, everyone loved it, so I 'm sure the cherry one
> will be yummy. It sounds like a good time with good food.
>
> Cheri

That lemon cake you made from Martha Stewart was a winner for sure.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
> On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 15:54:52 -0000, Janet > wrote:
>
>>In article >,
>>says...
>>> It will be different stuff this year.
>>> My grandson is flying in from Portland (new freshman there) and will
>>> be staying with my ex. My ex's wife's son just moved his family here
>>> from SF. We will all be going to my ex's wife's son's new home for
>>> Thanksgiving dinner. My ex is doing the turkey on their Weber, his
>>> wife is doing dessert. The son's wife is doing appetizers, mashed
>>> potatoes and assorted go along's, son is planning an extensive bar,
>>> The son's two little kids are darn cute and pretty well behaved. My
>>> ex's father-in-law is a sweetie and my before dinner sipping partner

>> I can't keep up. So your sweetie is the grandfather of your ex's
>>stepson, or the step-grandfather of your grandson....
>>
>> ;-)
>>
>> Janet UK

> You obviously haven't had the benefit of watching any U.S. soap
> operas;-} My grandson is the son of my daughter (mine and my ex's).
> We've always had holidays and birthdays together so that our daughter
> would always have mother and father and more. It has worked and
> friends, neighbors and families have adjusted to the oddity. Everyone
> is welcome everywhere.
> Janet US

Good for you, more families should do that and then the kids wouldn't have
to be torn and can have the benefit of many people who love them.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Casa de perritos felices" > wrote in message
news
> On 11/21/2017 7:14 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>>> I'm taking a ham to my sister-in-law's house along with a cherry dump
>>> cake (Pioneer Woman recipe). My nephew is doing two turkey breasts
>>> on his gas rotisserie grill; one is regular seasoning and the other
>>> will be Cajun. There will be many, many side dishes as well as lots
>>> of other desserts.
>>>

>> That sounds good. I did one of her recipes that was a pumpkin dump cake a
>> couple of years ago, everyone loved it, so I 'm sure the cherry one will
>> be yummy. It sounds like a good time with good food.
>>
>> Cheri

> That lemon cake you made from Martha Stewart was a winner for sure.

It was a lemon tart with a saltine crust, and I did decide to make that
again since it is easy and really good. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 11/21/2017 7:51 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>>> Naturally I remembered. Unfortunately most RFCers will be eating
>>> bologna sandwiches for Thanksgiving.

>> I'd like that, fried bologna sandwich on soft white bread. Mmmmmmmmmm.
>> I'm having turkey roast, dressing, cranberry conserve, mashed potatoes,
>> peas and corn, gravy and I haven't decided what dessert yet. What's
>> yours?
>>
>> Cheri

>I'm heating up half a roasted duck. I'll make cornbread dressing, gravy
>(made with chicken stock added to a roux and finished off with more
>butter), steamed broccoli. A scoop of vanilla ice cream will be dessert.
>
>Jill

It will be different stuff this year.
My grandson is flying in from Portland (new freshman there) and will
be staying with my ex. My ex's wife's son just moved his family here
from SF. We will all be going to my ex's wife's son's new home for
Thanksgiving dinner. My ex is doing the turkey on their Weber, his
wife is doing dessert. The son's wife is doing appetizers, mashed
potatoes and assorted go along's, son is planning an extensive bar,
The son's two little kids are darn cute and pretty well behaved. My
ex's father-in-law is a sweetie and my before dinner sipping partner
:-) I'm bring fresh baked bread and rolls and a salad. The original
plan was to go to my ex's house but the son/wife understandably want
to hold a family meal and show off a wonderful house up in the hills.
We are going to break high temperatures here for Thanksgiving Day that
haven't been breached since the 1880s.
All in all, I am off the hook for any extensive cooking. Meanwhile I
am sure the son's wife has had the cleaning ladies in and has been
worrying over the dishes she has to prepare. I remember those days.
Thankfully they are behind me. :-))
Janet US

==

It all sounds wonderful I love that you are all friends after what must
have been, sometime in the past, painful. There can't be too many families
as lucky a you all are) I am thrilled for you all))

Enjoy, I think you are all fantastic)

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
>
> On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 07:51:06 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

> >> I'd like that, fried bologna sandwich on soft white bread. Mmmmmmmmmm.
> >> I'm having turkey roast, dressing, cranberry conserve, mashed potatoes,
> >> peas and corn, gravy and I haven't decided what dessert yet. What's
> >> yours?
> >>
> >> Cheri

> >I'm heating up half a roasted duck. I'll make cornbread dressing, gravy
> >(made with chicken stock added to a roux and finished off with more
> >butter), steamed broccoli. A scoop of vanilla ice cream will be dessert.
> >
> >Jill

> It will be different stuff this year.
> My grandson is flying in from Portland (new freshman there) and will
> be staying with my ex. My ex's wife's son just moved his family here
> from SF. We will all be going to my ex's wife's son's new home for
> Thanksgiving dinner. My ex is doing the turkey on their Weber, his
> wife is doing dessert. The son's wife is doing appetizers, mashed
> potatoes and assorted go along's, son is planning an extensive bar,
> The son's two little kids are darn cute and pretty well behaved. My
> ex's father-in-law is a sweetie and my before dinner sipping partner
> :-) I'm bring fresh baked bread and rolls and a salad. The original
> plan was to go to my ex's house but the son/wife understandably want
> to hold a family meal and show off a wonderful house up in the hills.
> We are going to break high temperatures here for Thanksgiving Day that
> haven't been breached since the 1880s.
> All in all, I am off the hook for any extensive cooking. Meanwhile I
> am sure the son's wife has had the cleaning ladies in and has been
> worrying over the dishes she has to prepare. I remember those days.
> Thankfully they are behind me. :-))
> Janet US
>
> ==
>
> It all sounds wonderful I love that you are all friends after what must
> have been, sometime in the past, painful. There can't be too many families
> as lucky a you all are) I am thrilled for you all))
>
> Enjoy, I think you are all fantastic)

See, Ms. O, I *knew* you adore me...!!!

;-D

Seriously, Thanksgiving is one uniquely "American" thing I know that you would truly enjoy...wish you were here to celebrate it...!!!

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> Sounds good, I'm thinking ice cream too since we haven't had in awhile.

I've got two sweet potatoes to cook. Think I'll make a tiny
casserole with brown sugar and peaches. (no marshmallows though).
SP and peaches are a good combo.

I'll save a few of the peaches to put in a bowl with vanilla ice
cream.

(It's a 15oz can of sliced peaches, not fresh ones)

Still haven't decided on the dinner though. Will probably keep it
simple...the sweet potato thing and a couple of baked potatoes
topped with sour cream. Don't know. I opted out for a turkey this
time.

Other option is to thaw a 12oz Kansas City strip overnight and
eat that with home fries and corn.

I still have several hours to decide.

I *AM* going to make a batch of bread pudding in the morning
though. Been putting it off for weeks.

Happy Holiday to all here!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Cheri wrote:
>>
>> Sounds good, I'm thinking ice cream too since we haven't had in awhile.

> I've got two sweet potatoes to cook. Think I'll make a tiny
> casserole with brown sugar and peaches. (no marshmallows though).
> SP and peaches are a good combo.
>
> I'll save a few of the peaches to put in a bowl with vanilla ice
> cream.
>
> (It's a 15oz can of sliced peaches, not fresh ones)
>
> Still haven't decided on the dinner though. Will probably keep it
> simple...the sweet potato thing and a couple of baked potatoes
> topped with sour cream. Don't know. I opted out for a turkey this
> time.
>
> Other option is to thaw a 12oz Kansas City strip overnight and
> eat that with home fries and corn.
>
> I still have several hours to decide.
>
> I *AM* going to make a batch of bread pudding in the morning
> though. Been putting it off for weeks.
>
> Happy Holiday to all here!

Hey, it all sounds good and whatever you decide, enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving
to you Gary!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Feelings" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

> "U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
>
> On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 07:51:06 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

> >> I'd like that, fried bologna sandwich on soft white bread. Mmmmmmmmmm.
> >> I'm having turkey roast, dressing, cranberry conserve, mashed potatoes,
> >> peas and corn, gravy and I haven't decided what dessert yet. What's
> >> yours?
> >>
> >> Cheri

> >I'm heating up half a roasted duck. I'll make cornbread dressing, gravy
> >(made with chicken stock added to a roux and finished off with more
> >butter), steamed broccoli. A scoop of vanilla ice cream will be dessert.
> >
> >Jill

> It will be different stuff this year.
> My grandson is flying in from Portland (new freshman there) and will
> be staying with my ex. My ex's wife's son just moved his family here
> from SF. We will all be going to my ex's wife's son's new home for
> Thanksgiving dinner. My ex is doing the turkey on their Weber, his
> wife is doing dessert. The son's wife is doing appetizers, mashed
> potatoes and assorted go along's, son is planning an extensive bar,
> The son's two little kids are darn cute and pretty well behaved. My
> ex's father-in-law is a sweetie and my before dinner sipping partner
> :-) I'm bring fresh baked bread and rolls and a salad. The original
> plan was to go to my ex's house but the son/wife understandably want
> to hold a family meal and show off a wonderful house up in the hills.
> We are going to break high temperatures here for Thanksgiving Day that
> haven't been breached since the 1880s.
> All in all, I am off the hook for any extensive cooking. Meanwhile I
> am sure the son's wife has had the cleaning ladies in and has been
> worrying over the dishes she has to prepare. I remember those days.
> Thankfully they are behind me. :-))
> Janet US
>
> ==
>
> It all sounds wonderful I love that you are all friends after what must
> have been, sometime in the past, painful. There can't be too many
> families
> as lucky a you all are) I am thrilled for you all))
>
> Enjoy, I think you are all fantastic)

See, Ms. O, I *knew* you adore me...!!!

;-D

Seriously, Thanksgiving is one uniquely "American" thing I know that you
would truly enjoy...wish you were here to celebrate it...!!!

Greg

==

Thank you, I think I would too))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
> On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 15:54:52 -0000, Janet > wrote:
>
>>In article >,
>>says...
>>> It will be different stuff this year.
>>> My grandson is flying in from Portland (new freshman there) and will
>>> be staying with my ex. My ex's wife's son just moved his family here
>>> from SF. We will all be going to my ex's wife's son's new home for
>>> Thanksgiving dinner. My ex is doing the turkey on their Weber, his
>>> wife is doing dessert. The son's wife is doing appetizers, mashed
>>> potatoes and assorted go along's, son is planning an extensive bar,
>>> The son's two little kids are darn cute and pretty well behaved. My
>>> ex's father-in-law is a sweetie and my before dinner sipping partner

>> I can't keep up. So your sweetie is the grandfather of your ex's
>>stepson, or the step-grandfather of your grandson....
>>
>> ;-)
>>
>> Janet UK

> You obviously haven't had the benefit of watching any U.S. soap
> operas;-} My grandson is the son of my daughter (mine and my ex's).
> We've always had holidays and birthdays together so that our daughter
> would always have mother and father and more. It has worked and
> friends, neighbors and families have adjusted to the oddity. Everyone
> is welcome everywhere.
> Janet US

Good for you, more families should do that and then the kids wouldn't have
to be torn and can have the benefit of many people who love them.

Cheri

==

There can't be many families who are so civilised and happy to be all
together!

I am impressed. Wonderful

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/22/2017 12:26 PM, Gary wrote:

> How funny, Janet UK. I just read that post a few minutes ago and
> I was also getting confused with all the "ex" mentions. lol that
> you just said that! Happy Holiday. uhhh is Thanksgiving
> celebrated in the UK? I know it originated with the usain
> colonies.

Thanksgiving is an American version of the ancient Harvest Home celebration.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 9:21:28 AM UTC-6, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> All in all, I am off the hook for any extensive cooking. Meanwhile I
> am sure the son's wife has had the cleaning ladies in and has been
> worrying over the dishes she has to prepare. I remember those days.
> Thankfully they are behind me. :-))
> Janet US

This is why I don't mind traveling for a feast. I bring a large sliced
ham and a dessert and that's all I have to worry about. But nobody in
the family is overburdened with hours of cooking as everybody pretty
much brings two or three dishes. Certainly no shortage of food!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/22/2017 9:34 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "Casa de perritos felices" > wrote in message
> news

>>> That sounds good. I did one of her recipes that was a pumpkin dump
>>> cake a couple of years ago, everyone loved it, so I 'm sure the
>>> cherry one will be yummy. It sounds like a good time with good food.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> That lemon cake you made from Martha Stewart was a winner for sure.

> It was a lemon tart with a saltine crust, and I did decide to make that
> again since it is easy and really good. Happy Thanksgiving to you and
> yours.
>
> Cheri

Tart, yes...my bad.

I bookmarked that one to make at X-Mas.

Cream puffs for Turkey Day!

And have a magnificent Thanksgiving.

Ours should be close to 70!

Yes....
Posted to rec.food.cooking
TDL TDL is offline

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 05:37:27 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
>news

>> I've got a 12lb turkey defrosting, will be prepped and traditionally
>> seasoned inside and out with poultry seasoning and have citrus slices
>> inserted under the skin, then roasted on a V rack.
>> There'll be roasted sweet potatoes and roasted butternut squash, fresh
>> broccoli crowns (steamed), kasha varnishkas, and a pumpkin pie. All
>> very standard/traditional fare. I'll prepare the kasha varnishkas
>> today as a head start, then just pop it into the oven.
>> I hope everyone has a great dinner and a Happy Thanksgiving.

>Sounds good, and same to you and yours. Happy Thanksgiving.

Bloody hell, can we just assume that all Americans wish all other
Americans Happy Thanksgiving, also to their family and extended
family, and for last year retroactively and next year and the entire
century to come?

TDL (Turkey Defense League)