Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Carnitas

Found a new recipe fer carnitas I'm gonna try. It was on a streaming
cooking channel, BBQ-somethingorother. It calls fer marinating the
pork roast fer at least 12 hrs, if not overnight (I'm doing overnight)
in a combo of spices and orange juice.

It included grnd chipotle pprs, which I despise, so I subbed New
Mexico grnd pprs. The rest is pretty much the same. After marinating
fer overnight, it's another 4 hrs in a 275F oven/smoker/etc, until the
bark is good, then another 2 hrs braising in a pot w/ chkn stock,
onions, oranges, limes, etc. The later part I know, having made my
carnitas like this, often.

We'll see, and I'll get back on the results. I alread tossed one pork
roast cuz it stank and I didn't have the receipt. This roast
looks/smells, O.K.

I gotta do something! No good Mexican food --ANYWHERE!-- in this area
(isn't 'Colorado' a Spanish term?). Gotta make it myself. 8|

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/14/2017 9:26 AM, notbob wrote:
> Found a new recipe fer carnitas I'm gonna try. It was on a streaming
> cooking channel, BBQ-somethingorother. It calls fer marinating the
> pork roast fer at least 12 hrs, if not overnight (I'm doing overnight)
> in a combo of spices and orange juice.
>
> It included grnd chipotle pprs, which I despise, so I subbed New
> Mexico grnd pprs. The rest is pretty much the same. After marinating
> fer overnight, it's another 4 hrs in a 275F oven/smoker/etc, until the
> bark is good, then another 2 hrs braising in a pot w/ chkn stock,
> onions, oranges, limes, etc. The later part I know, having made my
> carnitas like this, often.
>
> We'll see, and I'll get back on the results. I alread tossed one pork
> roast cuz it stank and I didn't have the receipt. This roast
> looks/smells, O.K.
>
> I gotta do something! No good Mexican food --ANYWHERE!-- in this area
> (isn't 'Colorado' a Spanish term?). Gotta make it myself. 8|
>
> nb

It IS a Spanish term - hence the state entrance sign motto of "colorful"
(colorado) Colorado!

Your carnitas recipe sounds aces!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14 Nov 2017 16:26:00 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>Found a new recipe fer carnitas I'm gonna try. It was on a streaming
>cooking channel, BBQ-somethingorother. It calls fer marinating the
>pork roast fer at least 12 hrs, if not overnight (I'm doing overnight)
>in a combo of spices and orange juice.
>
>It included grnd chipotle pprs, which I despise, so I subbed New
>Mexico grnd pprs. The rest is pretty much the same. After marinating
>fer overnight, it's another 4 hrs in a 275F oven/smoker/etc, until the
>bark is good, then another 2 hrs braising in a pot w/ chkn stock,
>onions, oranges, limes, etc. The later part I know, having made my
>carnitas like this, often.
>
>We'll see, and I'll get back on the results. I alread tossed one pork
>roast cuz it stank and I didn't have the receipt. This roast
>looks/smells, O.K.
>
>I gotta do something! No good Mexican food --ANYWHERE!-- in this area
>(isn't 'Colorado' a Spanish term?). Gotta make it myself. 8|
>
>nb

Good luck with the process. Let me know how it turns out. I, too,
don't really like chipotle peppers. Sometimes I think it is used to
add smoked flavor without the process of smoking.
Anyway, sounds good. Let me know
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-11-14, U.S Janet B > wrote:

> I, too, don't really like chipotle peppers. Sometimes I think it is used to
> add smoked flavor without the process of smoking.

Yeah. Kinda like 'eau de ashtray'.

> Anyway, sounds good. Let me know

Will do!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 5:26:05 PM UTC+1, notbob wrote:
> Found a new recipe fer carnitas I'm gonna try. It was on a streaming
> cooking channel, BBQ-somethingorother. It calls fer marinating the
> pork roast fer at least 12 hrs, if not overnight (I'm doing overnight)
> in a combo of spices and orange juice.
>
> It included grnd chipotle pprs, which I despise, so I subbed New
> Mexico grnd pprs. The rest is pretty much the same. After marinating
> fer overnight, it's another 4 hrs in a 275F oven/smoker/etc, until the
> bark is good, then another 2 hrs braising in a pot w/ chkn stock,
> onions, oranges, limes, etc. The later part I know, having made my
> carnitas like this, often.
>
> We'll see, and I'll get back on the results. I alread tossed one pork
> roast cuz it stank and I didn't have the receipt. This roast
> looks/smells, O.K.
>
> I gotta do something! No good Mexican food --ANYWHERE!-- in this area
> (isn't 'Colorado' a Spanish term?). Gotta make it myself. 8|
>
> nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

CALL OR TEXT or watsapp ....+17546663823

Wickr id............budsman35

Email :

hello we are leading suppliers of pharmaceutical product meds online we operate on daily and retails basis and very reliable and our product are 100% top quality am ready to supply on large and smaller orders and i am looking in building a strong business relationship with potential client around the world i do world wide delivery and delivery is guarantee.

see price list offer and pm me or you can get me on whatsapp

FOR ZOLPICLONE 7.5MG SMALLER ORDER

250 tabs..........................‎£90
500 tabs...........................‎£150
1000 tabs.........................‎£250
2500 tabs.........................£350
5000 tabs.........................£500
7500 tabs.........................£700
10000 tabs........................£850
15000 tabs........................£1200
25000 tabs........................£1500

FOR DIAZEPAM SHALINA BRAND

diazepam 10mg 500pills £100
diazepam 10mg 300pills £70
diazepam 10mg 1000pills £150
diazepam 10mg 5000pills £350
diazepam 5mg 1000pills £120
diazepam 5mg 5000pills £300
diazepam 5mg 10000pills £500
diazepam 10mg 10000pills £700

FOR ROCHE DIAZEPAMS 10MG SMALLER ORDER

250 tabs..........................‎£90
500 tabs...........................‎£150
1000 tabs.........................‎£250
2500 tabs.........................£350
5000 tabs.........................£500
7500 tabs.........................£700
10000 tabs........................£850
15000 tabs........................£1200
25000 tabs........................£1500

TEVA 10MG DIAZEPAMS SMALLER ORDER

250 tabs...........................‎£90
500 tabs...........................‎£150
1000 tabs.........................‎£250
2500 tabs.........................£350
5000 tabs.........................£500
7500 tabs.........................£700
10000 tabs.......................£850
15000 tabs.......................£1200
25000 tabs.......................£1500

ketamine £20 each vial/1g

ketamine powder each gram £25

FOR TRAMADOL APPLE FLAVOUR

tramadol 50mg 250pills £80
tramadol 100mg 300pills £90
tramadol 225mg 300pills £120
tramadol 50mg 500pills £130
tramadol 100mg 500pills £140
tramadol 250mg 500pills £150
tramadol 50mg 1000pills £200
tramadol 100mg 1000pills £220
tramadol 250mg 1000pills £250

FOR TRAMADOL BULK ORDER

tramadol 50mg 5000pills £450
tramadol 100mg 5000pills £550
tramadol 250mg 5000pills £700

i also have my delivery records all around the worlds and i providedated pictures with buyers name and my name CALL US OR TEXT ....+237663448705 email for detailsi supply more than the quantity listed,i give additional discount to more larger ordersi look forward in doing great business with reliable buyersthanks email for detailsbuds man.

CALL OR TEXT or watsapp ....+17546663823

Wickr id............budsman35

Email :

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-11-14, notbob > wrote:

> On 2017-11-14, U.S Janet B > wrote:

>> Anyway, sounds good. Let me know

> Will do!

I didn't like the results!

I think the 4 hrs in a Green Egg (video) was too much. I did the
same, but in a kitchen oven (sub-274F). It tended to dry the roast,
out.

While the resulting carnitas weren't bad, they are far from my best.
I'll do the next batch fully 'braised'. Also, the video recipe added
tomato juice to the OJ. Thankfully, I did not. But, I did add the
recommended 'cinnamom', which I'll never do, again!

Overall, a different approach, but not terrible. I'll not repeat this
recipe.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17 Nov 2017 00:13:24 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2017-11-14, notbob > wrote:
>
>> On 2017-11-14, U.S Janet B > wrote:

>>> Anyway, sounds good. Let me know

>> Will do!

>I didn't like the results!
>
>I think the 4 hrs in a Green Egg (video) was too much. I did the
>same, but in a kitchen oven (sub-274F). It tended to dry the roast,
>out.
>
>While the resulting carnitas weren't bad, they are far from my best.
>I'll do the next batch fully 'braised'. Also, the video recipe added
>tomato juice to the OJ. Thankfully, I did not. But, I did add the
>recommended 'cinnamom', which I'll never do, again!
>
>Overall, a different approach, but not terrible. I'll not repeat this
>recipe.
>
>nb

The Green Egg may have some controlled heat that may not be available
to you. I don't really know as I've never cooked with one, just what
I've read and watching Steven Raichlen's Project Smoke
http://www.projectsmoke.org/home/
I've never made carnitas because I've doubted my ability to get a nice
crust (various methods) and not totally dry out the meat. Time to try
again with a new goal, hmmm?
I wasn't pleased with the results of the Chocolate Cherry Sourdough
Bread that I tried either. I was expecting sourdough bread with some
interesting accents and instead got what could pass as a chocolate
cake. if I try again, I will be taking some ideas from the recipe and
working toward my own goals. It's the doing and trying that makes it
all interesting. Thanks for the report back.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org...ntation-057jpg

> Hide the Ho Ho's!!!!!!!!!!
>
> - sw
> Do not let "Oscar" near your food. He was obliviously digging
> boogers out of his nose with his thumb at the end of the check-stand
> while bagging groceries. Fortunately he was bagging the customer
> next to me, not mine. Otherwise I would have made a stink about it
> right then, and with no mercy.
>
> Note - it has been one month since I visited Sprouts and wrote this

review (Grand Opening weekend, IIRC) as well as writing to corporate
about my experience (Oscar + overcharges). Sprouts has never responded
or offered a refund. They'll probably complain about this review, though.

> They get 1 star for nose-picking while touching customer food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-11-17, U.S Janet B > wrote:

> working toward my own goals. It's the doing and trying that makes it
> all interesting.

I totally agree.

I originally did my all-braise version of carnitas to copy the
carnitas sold every Saturday at my local carniceria. Mine pretty much
nailed it. Even the proprietor gave me a thumbs-up fer my efforts.

> Thanks for the report back.

My pleasure. If you would like to know how I get that 'crust' on my
carnitas, I'd be more than happy to share.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17 Nov 2017 14:31:21 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2017-11-17, U.S Janet B > wrote:
>
>> working toward my own goals. It's the doing and trying that makes it
>> all interesting.

>I totally agree.
>
>I originally did my all-braise version of carnitas to copy the
>carnitas sold every Saturday at my local carniceria. Mine pretty much
>nailed it. Even the proprietor gave me a thumbs-up fer my efforts.
>
>> Thanks for the report back.

>My pleasure. If you would like to know how I get that 'crust' on my
>carnitas, I'd be more than happy to share.
>
>nb

Yes, please. Are you using cast iron, non-stick, what?
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-11-17, U.S Janet B > wrote:

> Yes, please. Are you using cast iron, non-stick, what?

No. Jes using my 'big Orange'. It's one of those Le Creuset pots
(enameled cast-iron) like ya' see on all the cooking shows (5-6qt). I
got one fer 1/2 price. Unlike a pressure cooker, the 'big orange' is
NOT sealed and will let the braising liquid 'boil off', so you gotta
watch it.

Basically, I jes put in a pork roast, that will fit, and add a mixture
of OJ and chkn stock (2-3 C). To that, I add savory citrus pieces,
like halved oranges, limes, onions, garlic, etc, and some kinda
'red'. This 'red' (in my case) is typically New Mexico ground
peppers. I then cover the pot, put it in a 325F oven, let the juice
render down as it braises the roast.

When I lived in the SFBA, I was at about 500ft elev, so cooking did
not take as long as it does here. After so long (2-3 hrs), I'd check
the bones (bone-in roast) to see if they would turn easily. I'd also
check the braising liquid. If I waited long enough to check, the
braising liquid might boil completely off and I'd hafta add more.
Regardless, you want to end up with the meat literally
falling-off-the-bone (pull pork) and about a cup or two of braising
liquid thickening on the bottom of yer cooking pot.

I then remove the savory pieces, 'pull the pork' apart, and put the
pulled pork pieces back in the 'Big Orange' in the thickened braising
liquid. I'd then cook it on the stove top. I'd pan cook/stir the
pulled pork until it was fully coated with the braising liquid and
began to get somewhat "crunchy" on the outside. This method does NOT
leave you with a fully "crunchy" crust on the carnitas (I've never
seen that), but you can make it close. I've eaten fully "dried out"
(read 'extra crunchy') carnitas from a steam table. They were
definitely "dried out" and definitely not appetizing.

You must adjust yer braising liquid to yer tastes, but the above are
my basics. HTH.

nb --I recommend against adding any cinnamon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17 Nov 2017 17:37:53 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2017-11-17, U.S Janet B > wrote:
>
>> Yes, please. Are you using cast iron, non-stick, what?

>No. Jes using my 'big Orange'. It's one of those Le Creuset pots
>(enameled cast-iron) like ya' see on all the cooking shows (5-6qt). I
>got one fer 1/2 price. Unlike a pressure cooker, the 'big orange' is
>NOT sealed and will let the braising liquid 'boil off', so you gotta
>watch it.
>
>Basically, I jes put in a pork roast, that will fit, and add a mixture
>of OJ and chkn stock (2-3 C). To that, I add savory citrus pieces,
>like halved oranges, limes, onions, garlic, etc, and some kinda
>'red'. This 'red' (in my case) is typically New Mexico ground
>peppers. I then cover the pot, put it in a 325F oven, let the juice
>render down as it braises the roast.
>
>When I lived in the SFBA, I was at about 500ft elev, so cooking did
>not take as long as it does here. After so long (2-3 hrs), I'd check
>the bones (bone-in roast) to see if they would turn easily. I'd also
>check the braising liquid. If I waited long enough to check, the
>braising liquid might boil completely off and I'd hafta add more.
>Regardless, you want to end up with the meat literally
>falling-off-the-bone (pull pork) and about a cup or two of braising
>liquid thickening on the bottom of yer cooking pot.
>
>I then remove the savory pieces, 'pull the pork' apart, and put the
>pulled pork pieces back in the 'Big Orange' in the thickened braising
>liquid. I'd then cook it on the stove top. I'd pan cook/stir the
>pulled pork until it was fully coated with the braising liquid and
>began to get somewhat "crunchy" on the outside. This method does NOT
>leave you with a fully "crunchy" crust on the carnitas (I've never
>seen that), but you can make it close. I've eaten fully "dried out"
>(read 'extra crunchy') carnitas from a steam table. They were
>definitely "dried out" and definitely not appetizing.
>
>You must adjust yer braising liquid to yer tastes, but the above are
>my basics. HTH.
>
>nb --I recommend against adding any cinnamon

I've got a Lodge Big Blue. I have another pork roast from Pioneer
Woman that I do in the oven. Recipe follows, I do use one chipotle
for it, husband loves it. However, what I understand from you now is
after I remove a roast from the oven, shred it, return to stove top
heat until braising liquid is gone. Okay. I can do that. I'll try
your carnita seasonings next roast. Pioneer Woman keeps the juice to
add to the pulled pork. Different end game.

Spicy Pop Pulled Pork
2011 Ree Drummond, All Rights Reserved
.. Cook Time:6 hr 0 minLevel:EasyServes:18 servings.
Ingredients
2 onions, peeled and quartered
1 whole pork butt (pork shoulder roast)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
One 11-ounce can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 cans pop (I use Dr Pepper)
4 packed tablespoons brown sugar
Directions
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
Start by placing the onion quarters in the bottom of a pot. Sprinkle
the pork with salt and pepper, and then place on top of the onions.
Pour the chipotle peppers over the top, and then crack open the cans
of pop and pour them over the whole thing. Add the brown sugar to the
liquid and stir.
Cover the pot, put in the oven and cook for at least 6 hours, flipping
the roast 2 or 3 times during the cooking process. When it's done, the
pork will be dark and weird and wonderful. It'll also be fork-tender.
That's when you know it's done.
Remove the meat from the pot and shred completely. Then return the
meat to the pot and keep in the juice until you need it. Divine!

Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-11-17, U.S Janet B > wrote:

> ....keep in the juice until you need it. Divine!

Same thing. I've always considered carnitas as basically Mexican pull
pork, pan fried to doneness.

I usually reduce the braising liquid till it's nice and thick then add
the pulled pork and toss, then pan fry both to give it any 'crust'.
You use sodas, but it's much the same. Save the "juice" or use it.
Either way works. I pan fry my pulled pork until the braising
sauce/juice, which is now coating the pulled pork, is essentially a
paste, to 'crisp up' or even burn (which I've accidently done).

I think the BBQ method was jes fer a video fer BBQ'ing. Not
completely wrong, jes another way to give the pork some 'crust'.... in
this case, "bark" ....and let some big fat Bubbas cremate some
charcoal. I think it dried out my roast, but I may have done it
incorrectly.

nb --semi-fat geezer Bubba

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-11-17, notbob > wrote:

> I've always considered carnitas as basically Mexican pull pork, pan
> fried to doneness.

Now, even more so!

I've been warming up my refrigerated carnitas in my newly cleaned
enameled skillet, instead of the microwave. Wow. Boy, does that ever
make difference.

Tad bit o' peanut oil, few ozs of carnitas, PAN FRY!!. It gives the
carnitas that 'extra added' crispiness on the crust, jes like Janet B
spoke of.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/20/2017 1:47 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2017-11-17, notbob > wrote:
>
>> I've always considered carnitas as basically Mexican pull pork, pan
>> fried to doneness.

> Now, even more so!
>
> I've been warming up my refrigerated carnitas in my newly cleaned
> enameled skillet, instead of the microwave. Wow. Boy, does that ever
> make difference.
>
> Tad bit o' peanut oil, few ozs of carnitas, PAN FRY!!. It gives the
> carnitas that 'extra added' crispiness on the crust, jes like Janet B
> spoke of.
>
> nb

That is how I learned to make carnitas (granted, the only time I made
them) - braise them in the oven in chicken/vegetable stock and orange
juice then boil down the liquid on the stovetop and sear the pieces in
the grease/oil that is left.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-11-21, dejamos > wrote:

> On 11/20/2017 1:47 PM, notbob wrote:
>>
>> Tad bit o' peanut oil, few ozs of carnitas, PAN FRY!!. It gives the
>> carnitas that 'extra added' crispiness on the crust, jes like Janet B
>> spoke of.

> That is how I learned to make carnitas (granted, the only time I made
> them) - braise them in the oven in chicken/vegetable stock and orange
> juice then boil down the liquid on the stovetop and sear the pieces in
> the grease/oil that is left.

Yep. Turns out better!

I also "boiled down" my carnitas in OJ and chkn stock, but pan frying
'twice' is even better than pan frying 'once'.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/21/2017 8:04 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2017-11-21, dejamos > wrote:
>
>> On 11/20/2017 1:47 PM, notbob wrote:
>>>
>>> Tad bit o' peanut oil, few ozs of carnitas, PAN FRY!!. It gives the
>>> carnitas that 'extra added' crispiness on the crust, jes like Janet B
>>> spoke of.

>> That is how I learned to make carnitas (granted, the only time I made
>> them) - braise them in the oven in chicken/vegetable stock and orange
>> juice then boil down the liquid on the stovetop and sear the pieces in
>> the grease/oil that is left.

> Yep. Turns out better!
>
> I also "boiled down" my carnitas in OJ and chkn stock, but pan frying
> 'twice' is even better than pan frying 'once'.
>
> nb

True 'dat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

HMU

[...]

i also have my delivery records all around the worlds and i providedated pictures with buyers name and my name CALL US OR TEXT ....+17546663823 email for detailsi supply more than the quantity listed,i give additional discount to more larger ordersi look forward in doing great business with reliable buyersthanks email for details kushpharma35

Carnitas notbob General Cooking 68 18-08-2014 11:25 PM
Carnitas bulka[_2_] General Cooking 0 03-03-2009 11:35 PM
Carnitas Nancy Young General Cooking 55 14-05-2006 01:47 AM
carnitas fishman99 Mexican Cooking 1 12-11-2005 02:47 PM
Carnitas Glenn Jacobs General Cooking 13 06-11-2003 09:17 PM