Old 14-11-2017, 06:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I made chicken tetrazinni

On 2017-11-14, Cheri wrote:

"Ophelia" wrote in message

Yes they are and msg has never killed me.

Me either.

"Monosodium glutamate is found naturally in tomatoes, cheese and other
foods"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_glutamate

The kooks sarcasm meters seem to need adjustment. Despite RFC on
Facebook's extreme vetting process that prevents most Usenet RFC'ers
from joining, occasionally one or two irrational people slip through.
Such as the "MSG Is a Killer" guy from a week or two ago. Obviously I
don't believe MSG is dangerous. This guy was swiftly dealt with by the
Enforcers (Bob Terwilliger and I, at least).

Lemme get this straight. MSG kills ppl, but one poster makes BS sammies with
tomato and cheese ....yet is still alive enough to annoy this entire
newsgroup? Yes? No?

Just you, boobie, and handful of other carefully hand-picked nut jobs
here - not coincidently, many of whom are quoted above. Each of every
one of my posts is carefully constructed to only irritate certain
posters while leaving the bulk of the group unscathed. I've even been
nominated for the Neustadt International Prize for Literature.

ObFood: I just bagged a 15.5-pound wild turkey from the back yard for
our Thanksgiving dinner. There will be MSG in the stuffing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...in/dateposted/

-sw

Old 14-11-2017, 07:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-11-14, U.S Janet B wrote:

is this going to be your first try at making pasta?

Yep.

That's why I was yammering on about '00' flour, awhile back. I'm sure
my MIL jes used good ol' AP flour.

nb

probably. 00 just wasn't readily available a while back.
Janet US

==

I have stopped making a lot of things like pasta. As I mentioned, my eldest
g/daughter was here recently and I off loaded a load of stuff I don't use
much any more. My pasta makers for one. A large Gaggia ice cream maker too
.... oh a lot of stuff. I have quite a lot of space now g

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Old 14-11-2017, 07:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-11-14, Cheri wrote:

"Ophelia" wrote in message

Yes they are and msg has never killed me.

Me either.

"Monosodium glutamate is found naturally in tomatoes, cheese and other
foods"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_glutamate

Lemme get this straight. MSG kills ppl, but one poster makes BS sammies
with
tomato and cheese ....yet is still alive enough to annoy this entire
newsgroup? Yes? No?

nb

Maybe he has just enough of a dose not to be killed, just become annoying?

Having to ignore all the posts with his nym-shifting names is very
annoying, but I'm up to the task.

Cheri

Old 14-11-2017, 07:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-11-13 10:46 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Mon 13 Nov 2017 10:06:28p, graham told us...

snip

I've never really figured that out, especially since smaller and
younger turkeys are actually more tender. The same seems true when
they lay out enough side dishes to cover the entire table.

Especially the jello dishes complete with mini marshmallows!!

Hey now! I come from a jello culture and I turned out all right! You
take that back or else! ;-)
Janet US

I especially like the Raspberry Jell-O with added frozen raspberries,
applesauce, and lots of nuts.

Cheri

Old 14-11-2017, 07:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 22:06:28 -0700, graham wrote:

snip

why oh why do people buy monster birds to
feed a few people and then have to deal with leftovers for days on end.

and why make other dishes with the leftovers that draws out the pain
that much longer. Eat the bird and get it over with is my motto.
Janet US

No pain here, everyone likes the leftovers. If I want to eat the bird and
get it over with, I do Cornish Hens.

Cheri

Old 14-11-2017, 07:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/14/2017 10:46 AM, Steve Neustadt wrote:
This guy was swiftly dealt with by the
Enforcers (Bob Terwilliger and I, at least).

It's well nigh time someone made you a face sammich to post on that
moldy deck rail, you woman-stalking scumbag virus!
Old 14-11-2017, 07:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-11-14, Cheri wrote:

"Ophelia" wrote in message

Yes they are and msg has never killed me.

Me either.

"Monosodium glutamate is found naturally in tomatoes, cheese and other
foods"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_glutamate

Lemme get this straight. MSG kills ppl, but one poster makes BS sammies
with
tomato and cheese ....yet is still alive enough to annoy this entire
newsgroup? Yes? No?

nb

Maybe he has just enough of a dose not to be killed, just become annoying?

Having to ignore all the posts with his nym-shifting names is very
annoying, but I'm up to the task.

Cheri

==

I will help you fight the good fight!!! ;p

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Old 14-11-2017, 07:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I made chicken tetrazinni (was: 2017 Christmas Candy in MY NEW HOUSE!!)

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 04:15:14 GMT, "l not -l" wrote:

On 13-Nov-2017, jmcquown wrote:

On 11/13/2017 4:26 PM, l not -l wrote:
For last night's family meal, I made chicken tetrazzini in
the
house I bought 41 years ago. Lot's of chicken, I forgot the
mushrooms and I made a roux, no canned soup was used in the
making of this tetrazzini..

I think mushrooms are optional.

Of course, now we can start a long argument over what must,
and
must not, be in tetrazzini. Wonder how many posts we'll get
on
the merit of mushrooms in tetrazzini, the type and size of
the
pieces; are stems allowed or just caps? Thar will, of
course,
cause a drift to the health benefits and detriments of
mushrooms
and, no doubt someone will extoll the virtures of foraging.
8-)

I think tetrazzini is best when it contains lots of sliced pimento
stuffed olives.

If only you'd waited until after November 23rd (US
Thanksgiving) you
could have made Turkey Tetrazzini! Assuming, of course, you
have any
leftover deep fried turkey.

It's a 13 pounder and only 3 people will be knawing on it before

Me thinks you mean 'gnawing' rather than 'knowing'.

I get it; there should be plenty left. No doubt I'll be sick of
turkey by the time it's all gone. There may be more tetrazinni
in my future; but, down the road a piece. I'll probably freeze
some turkey to use in the new year.
At the moment, there are only two turkey things I want, leg or
thigh; then, turkey a la king.

I bought a 13 pounder yesterday (47/lb w/$25 purchase), along with a
half dozen good sized sweet potatoes (39/lb), we like them baked in
their jackets til oozing sugar. No stuffing here, kasha varnishkas
rule.

Even though just the two of us for that turkey the cats will eat a
good share so there'll likely be little leftovers. I used to be a fan
of turning the carcass and leftovers into a large pot of soup but not
in recent years, now it goes outside for the critters, usually the
crows polish it off quickly. I'm really not a huge fan of turkey
soup, I much prefer chicken soup. Someone once served us turkey
lasagna, neither of us could eat it.

The only reason we have turkey for Thanksgiving is tradition. I wish
pork chops were a Thanksgiving tradition, that was yesterday's dinner
with refried black beans, LOs tonight. We think a pork crown roast
makes a far tastier and more festive presentation than prime rib, and
costs half as much.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/t...recipe-1943670
Old 14-11-2017, 07:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-11-14, Cheri wrote:

"Ophelia" wrote in message

Yes they are and msg has never killed me.

Me either.

"Monosodium glutamate is found naturally in tomatoes, cheese and other
foods"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_glutamate

Lemme get this straight.* MSG kills ppl, but one poster makes BS
sammies with
tomato and cheese ....yet is still alive enough to annoy this entire
newsgroup?* Yes?* No?*

nb

Maybe he has just enough of a dose not to be killed, just become
annoying?

Having to ignore all the posts with his nym-shifting names is very
annoying, but I'm up to the task.

Cheri

I think that comment was in reference to Sqwerty, not me.

I revise my casa on a monthly basis, give or take.
Old 14-11-2017, 07:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/14/2017 11:40 AM, Cheri wrote:
"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 22:06:28 -0700, graham wrote:

snip

why oh why do people buy monster birds to
feed a few people and then have to deal with leftovers for days on end.

and why make other dishes with the leftovers that draws out the pain
that much longer.* Eat the bird and get it over with is my motto.
Janet US

No pain here, everyone likes the leftovers. If I want to eat the bird
and get it over with, I do Cornish Hens.

Cheri

Super convenient and right sized for 2!

A nice surgical capon is no bad thing either, as birds go...

http://www.donaldrussell.com/guinea-...and-pears.html

http://archive.gosanangelo.com/enter...56166431.html/

Old 14-11-2017, 08:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I made casa chevrolet a sniveling idiot

On 11/14/2017 1:51 PM, casa chevrolet wrote:
I revise my casa on a monthly basis, give or take.

Same here.

lolololololololololololololol
Old 14-11-2017, 08:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 17:07:26 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Monday, November 13, 2017 at 5:45:15 PM UTC-6, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 17:16:46 -0600, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 21:26:32 GMT, l not -l wrote:

Of course, now we can start a long argument over what must, and
must not, be in tetrazzini. Wonder how many posts we'll get on
the merit of mushrooms in tetrazzini, the type and size of the
pieces; are stems allowed or just caps? Thar will, of course,
cause a drift to the health benefits and detriments of mushrooms
and, no doubt someone will extoll the virtures of foraging. 8-)

Bwahahahhaaaaaa, you nailed it!!

Mushrooms contain MSG, and MSG will KILL YOU! (I learned that last
week in RFC for Facebook, BTW)

Heaven help us.

Chicken or turkey, cream, shrooms, celery, sherry, chicken base,
breadcrumbs with linguini [egg] noodles. Just like Stouffer's makes
it - which I consider the classic tetrazzini.

-sw

mushrooms are exceedingly good for you!
Janet US

Yes, they are and darn tasty, too!

Depends which 'shrooms... whenever appropriate I cook with dehy wild
'shrooms... with dehys the flavor is concentrated and wild 'shrooms
add a palette of flavors. Those produce market fresh white 'shrooms
add zero flavor.
Old 14-11-2017, 08:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

I enjoy boot ****ing him. :-)
Old 14-11-2017, 08:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

graham wrote:

why oh why do people buy monster birds to feed a few people and
then have to deal with leftovers for days on end.

Because those low per pound sale prices makes them seem a big
bargain... no bargain if you can't eat it all. For the past several
years I hunt out the smallest bird. However I see some people
splitting their groceries and buying two birds at those prices.