Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 55 Vintage Recipes From the '50s Worth Trying Today

"l not -l" > wrote in message

> On 9-Nov-2017, U.S. Janet B. > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 02:33:14 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
>> .. .

>> >Yikes! I just do peanut butter or jarred cheese.

>> well, it isn't fair to compare the above recipe to peanut
>> butter, now
>> is it.? And really, I'd go without before I used jarred cheese.
>> The
>> above recipe is a simple enough concept. Take some cream
>> cheese and
>> add what you want. Jarred cheese is awful tasting and lazy.
>> Oh, and
>> so expensive for the amount of crap that you get.

> Oh, how I disagree; not about price but about the crap. IMO, it
> may not be "real" cheese; but, Kraft Old English or Pimento
> cheese in the little jars makes a tasty addition to crackers,
> celery or a number of other things that cry out a flavor boost.
> Heck, even the Pineapple variety is pretty darn good once every
> two or three years with the right delivery vehicle. It's a step
> up from Cheeze Whiz which is a step up from Velveeta. Each has a
> use, just not very often, in my kitchen.

Yep. The Old English is da bomb. I used to get the bacon as a child. Fred
Meyers had the pimento on clearance so I bought a couple of jars. It is
somewhat expensive so it's a once in a while treat!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 02:33:14 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 20:12:15 -0800, "Julie Bove"

m...

>>> I thought that one sounded fine. Overall it is common enough
>>> Janet US

>>Yikes! I just do peanut butter or jarred cheese.

> well, it isn't fair to compare the above recipe to peanut butter, now
> is it.? And really, I'd go without before I used jarred cheese. The
> above recipe is a simple enough concept. Take some cream cheese and
> add what you want. Jarred cheese is awful tasting and lazy. Oh, and
> so expensive for the amount of crap that you get.
> Janet US

I have a severe dislike for cream cheese no matter what it is used in.
Jarred cheese tastes really good and has a texture that I like. This is the
Kraft. Not the Cheese Whiz crap. That recipe also calls for Miracle Whip and
that is not for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message
news
> "U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 02:33:14 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

om...

>>>Yikes! I just do peanut butter or jarred cheese.

>> well, it isn't fair to compare the above recipe to peanut butter, now
>> is it.? And really, I'd go without before I used jarred cheese. The
>> above recipe is a simple enough concept. Take some cream cheese and
>> add what you want. Jarred cheese is awful tasting and lazy. Oh, and
>> so expensive for the amount of crap that you get.
>> Janet US

> I think lazy is fine, but it's got to taste good.

Yep.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 08 Nov 2017 15:48:58 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
> wrote:
>
>>Ingredients
>>1 dill pickle spear plus 1 teaspoon juice
>>3 sweet pickles plus 1 teaspoon juice
>>6 pitted ripe olives plus 1 teaspoon juice
>>6 pimiento-stuffed olives plus 1 teaspoon juice
>>1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
>>1/3 cup Miracle Whip

> Here comes Miracle Whip:
>
> Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Vinegar, Modified Food Starch, Sugar,
> Soybean Oil (Trivial Source of Fat and Cholesterol), Contains Less
> than 2% of Salt, Cellulose Gel, Egg Yolks (Trivial Source of Fat and
> Cholesterol), Citric Acid, Artificial Color, Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum,
> Mustard Flour, Cellulose Gum, Spice, Paprika, L-Cysteine, Dried
> Garlic, Yellow 6, Natural Flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), Artificial
> Flavor, Blue 1, with Potassium Sorbate and Calcium Disodium EDTA as
> Preservatives
>
> That's a miracle alright! "Worth Trying Today"? Make up your own mind!

Lemme get the jarred cheese ingredients...

Cheddar Cheese ( Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes ), Sodium Phosphate,
Salt, Lactic Acid, Sorbic Acid As A Preservative,Apocarotenal (Color).

Sounds much better, doesn't it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Here comes Miracle Whip:
>>
>> Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Vinegar, Modified Food Starch, Sugar,
>> Soybean Oil (Trivial Source of Fat and Cholesterol), Contains Less
>> than 2% of Salt, Cellulose Gel, Egg Yolks (Trivial Source of Fat and
>> Cholesterol), Citric Acid, Artificial Color, Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum,
>> Mustard Flour, Cellulose Gum, Spice, Paprika, L-Cysteine, Dried
>> Garlic, Yellow 6, Natural Flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), Artificial
>> Flavor, Blue 1, with Potassium Sorbate and Calcium Disodium EDTA as
>> Preservatives

> Hi Bruce. Since you like posting ingredient lists, do me a favor.
> Quote the above Miracle Whip ingredients and right below
> post the Kraft Mayonaisse ingredients. I'd like to compare.
>
> I have Kraft Mayo here now and I like it. It's every bit as good
> Hellman's so I go with whatever is on sale at the time. I did
> notice that my mayo doesn't have "High Fructose Corn Syrup." The
> Miracle Whip has a tangier taste and I always thought it was the
> addition of vinegar but I notice even my mayo has vinegar.
> Probable just less vinegar.

People in this house won't eat Kraft. They say it tastes weird. They like
Best Foods which is the same as your Hellman's. They also like the Just Mayo
but it's a little more expensive so I only use it in something we'll all
eat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 09:20:27 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> Here comes Miracle Whip:
>>>
>>> Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Vinegar, Modified Food Starch, Sugar,
>>> Soybean Oil (Trivial Source of Fat and Cholesterol), Contains Less
>>> than 2% of Salt, Cellulose Gel, Egg Yolks (Trivial Source of Fat and
>>> Cholesterol), Citric Acid, Artificial Color, Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum,
>>> Mustard Flour, Cellulose Gum, Spice, Paprika, L-Cysteine, Dried
>>> Garlic, Yellow 6, Natural Flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), Artificial
>>> Flavor, Blue 1, with Potassium Sorbate and Calcium Disodium EDTA as
>>> Preservatives

>>Hi Bruce. Since you like posting ingredient lists, do me a favor.
>>Quote the above Miracle Whip ingredients and right below
>>post the Kraft Mayonaisse ingredients. I'd like to compare.
>>
>>I have Kraft Mayo here now and I like it. It's every bit as good
>>Hellman's so I go with whatever is on sale at the time. I did
>>notice that my mayo doesn't have "High Fructose Corn Syrup." The
>>Miracle Whip has a tangier taste and I always thought it was the
>>addition of vinegar but I notice even my mayo has vinegar.
>>Probable just less vinegar.

> Miracle Whip:
> Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Vinegar, Modified Food Starch, Sugar,
> Soybean Oil (Trivial Source of Fat and Cholesterol), Contains Less
> than 2% of Salt, Cellulose Gel, Egg Yolks (Trivial Source of Fat and
> Cholesterol), Citric Acid, Artificial Color, Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum,
> Mustard Flour, Cellulose Gum, Spice, Paprika, L-Cysteine, Dried
> Garlic, Yellow 6, Natural Flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), Artificial
> Flavor, Blue 1, with Potassium Sorbate and Calcium Disodium EDTA as
> Preservatives
>
> Kraft Mayonnaise, Real Mayo:
> Soybean Oil, Water, Eggs, Egg Yolks, Vinegar, Contains Less than 2% of
> Sugar, Salt, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Calcium Disodium EDTA as a
> Preservative, Dried Garlic, Dried Onions, Spice, Natural Flavor
>
> Hellmann's Mayonnaise, Real:
> Soybean Oil, Water, Whole Eggs and Egg Yolks, Vinegar, Salt, Sugar,
> Lemon Juice, Calcium Disodium EDTA (Used to Protect Quality), Natural
> Flavors
>
> I'd have expected worse, although "Natural Flavors" is a dubious one.
> If they use genetic engineering to make a cow poop avocados and they
> add those avocados to the mayo, they can call that a "natural flavor",
> because it's avocado. And why do they both add sugar to their mayo?

When I was a kid, my dad said they added sugar to foods to make you crave
more. The combination of fat and sugar has even more appeal but nowadays in
this country, HFCS is more popular.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 10:11:47 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>>On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 12:46:28 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> Miracle Whip:
>>> Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Vinegar, Modified Food Starch, Sugar,
>>> Soybean Oil (Trivial Source of Fat and Cholesterol), Contains Less
>>> than 2% of Salt, Cellulose Gel, Egg Yolks (Trivial Source of Fat and
>>> Cholesterol), Citric Acid, Artificial Color, Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum,
>>> Mustard Flour, Cellulose Gum, Spice, Paprika, L-Cysteine, Dried
>>> Garlic, Yellow 6, Natural Flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), Artificial
>>> Flavor, Blue 1, with Potassium Sorbate and Calcium Disodium EDTA as
>>> Preservatives
>>>
>>> Kraft Mayonnaise, Real Mayo:
>>> Soybean Oil, Water, Eggs, Egg Yolks, Vinegar, Contains Less than 2% of
>>> Sugar, Salt, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Calcium Disodium EDTA as a
>>> Preservative, Dried Garlic, Dried Onions, Spice, Natural Flavor
>>>
>>> Hellmann's Mayonnaise, Real:
>>> Soybean Oil, Water, Whole Eggs and Egg Yolks, Vinegar, Salt, Sugar,
>>> Lemon Juice, Calcium Disodium EDTA (Used to Protect Quality), Natural
>>> Flavors
>>>
>>> I'd have expected worse, although "Natural Flavors" is a dubious one.
>>> If they use genetic engineering to make a cow poop avocados and they
>>> add those avocados to the mayo, they can call that a "natural flavor",
>>> because it's avocado. And why do they both add sugar to their mayo?

>>Presumably, so it will sell better. They cater to their
>>customers' taste.

> Yes, probably. I wonder what those customers would think of a real,
> home-made mayo (meaning without added sugar).

They probably wouldn't like it. I have noticed that people who grew up
eating processed crap do not like the taste of real foods.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 13:49:08 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
> > wrote:

>>> Yeah, let's all eat food that hasn't hurt us thus far. Even better,
>>> let's stock up our trailer with it!

>>Oh wotta surpise, the highly respected gentleman from a beautiful country
>>has an elitist gripe with trailers
>>too...

> You've got to admit that "this food hasn't hurt me thus far" is a bit
> of a low standard, especially for a cooking group.

Yep. I have diabetes. Can't help but wonder if something like margarine or
some other crap I was fed while growing up might be the cause. I do try to
eat right now but the damage has been done.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 11/9/2017 12:46 PM, Bruce wrote:
>

>> Miracle Whip:
>> Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Vinegar, Modified Food Starch, Sugar,
>> Soybean Oil (Trivial Source of Fat and Cholesterol), Contains Less
>> than 2% of Salt, Cellulose Gel, Egg Yolks Kraft Mayonnaise, Real Mayo:
>> Soybean Oil, Water, Eggs, Egg Yolks, Hellmann's Mayonnaise, Real:
>> Soybean Oil, Water, Whole Eggs and Egg Yolks,
>>
>> I'd have expected worse, although "Natural Flavors" is a dubious one.

> Never cared for Miracle Whip and looking at the ingredients, I'd never use
> it. May as well just put sugar on the sandwich along with some cellulose
> gel. .

I always thought I didn't like mayo. We had Miracle Whip at home but my mom
called it mayo. Then one day we stopped at a restaurant on the way to
somewhere and they put mayo on my sandwich even though I had asked for none.
I had to eat it as is as we were on a tight schedule. I liked it! Only then
did my mom tell me that what we had at home wasn't really mayo. Just like
our "butter" wasn't really butter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 14:00:04 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>>On 11/9/2017 12:46 PM, Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> Miracle Whip:
>>> Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Vinegar, Modified Food Starch, Sugar,
>>> Soybean Oil (Trivial Source of Fat and Cholesterol), Contains Less
>>> than 2% of Salt, Cellulose Gel, Egg Yolks
>>>
>>> Kraft Mayonnaise, Real Mayo:
>>> Soybean Oil, Water, Eggs, Egg Yolks,
>>>
>>> Hellmann's Mayonnaise, Real:
>>> Soybean Oil, Water, Whole Eggs and Egg Yolks,
>>>
>>> I'd have expected worse, although "Natural Flavors" is a dubious one.

>>Never cared for Miracle Whip and looking at the ingredients, I'd never
>>use it. May as well just put sugar on the sandwich along with some
>>cellulose gel. .

> Yes. I wonder how much all this hidden sugar contributes to the
> diabetes epidemic.

Sugar doesn't cause diabetes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 5:40:04 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:

> People in this house won't eat Kraft. They say it tastes weird. They like
> Best Foods which is the same as your Hellman's. They also like the Just Mayo
> but it's a little more expensive so I only use it in something we'll all
> eat.

I personally will eat only foods with 100% all natural ingredients. Food like free range parking lot chickens that are foolish enough to enter my little snare of doom. I've also taken a liking for all-natural Mexican pork chorizo sold at the local safeway. It's delish and so good for you! While you're tasting it, it's tasting you!

Pork salivary glands, lymph nodes & fat, paprika, soy flour, vinegar, salt, spices red pepper, garlic, sodium nitrate.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
news
> On 11/8/2017 5:48 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>

>> Ingredients
>> 1 dill pickle spear plus 1 teaspoon juice
>> 3 sweet pickles plus 1 teaspoon juice
>> 6 pitted ripe olives plus 1 teaspoon juice
>> 6 pimiento-stuffed olives plus 1 teaspoon juice
>> 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
>> 1/3 cup Miracle Whip
>> 1/4 teaspoon salt
>> 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
>> 6 celery ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
>> http://tinyurl.com/y8k55r24
>>
>> I've got to say that I have never heard of many of these recipes. I
>> did get one tip from the potato salad recipe "€’To prevent potatoes
>> from mushing out and losing their shape, add a small amount of vinegar
>> to their cooking water: 1/2 teaspoon is plenty." There were other
>> foods in this article that I had no idea were out of style. Split pea
>> soup, chocolate cake, cole slaw, deviled eggs -- stuff like that.
>> Anyway, I thought you might find this amusing.
>> Janet US
>>

> That was a fun list. I haven't seen Baked Alaska except in old movies.
> I'm not sure how many people actually want to go to all that trouble for a
> dessert these days.
>
> I do think cheese balls are rather passe. Seems to me cheese balls came
> back briefly in the 70's and 80's, then went back out of style again.
>
> https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/...lls?trkid=ZMSN
>
> I've never had honey baked apples. Like you, I can't figure out why cole
> slaw and deviled eggs is allegedly out of style. Lasagna? Really? Who
> does come up with these lists?

They said American lasagna. Whatever that is. We made baked Alaska in Home
Ec. It was a two day project because we used the oven so the cake and ice
cream had to be frozen hard. I've seen small ones made on TV where a blow
torch cooked the outside. You can still buy cheese balls here but for some
reason, they always have almonds and I can't do almonds.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/9/2017 9:03 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 5:40:04 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> People in this house won't eat Kraft. They say it tastes weird. They like
>> Best Foods which is the same as your Hellman's. They also like the Just Mayo
>> but it's a little more expensive so I only use it in something we'll all
>> eat.

> I personally will eat only foods with 100% all natural ingredients. Food like free range parking lot chickens that are foolish enough to enter my little snare of doom. I've also taken a liking for all-natural Mexican pork chorizo sold at the local safeway. It's delish and so good for you! While you're tasting it, it's tasting you!
>
> Pork salivary glands, lymph nodes & fat, paprika, soy flour, vinegar, salt, spices red pepper, garlic, sodium nitrate.

Mira amigo!

And I ain't even clued you to lengua yet!

But never on the first date...

;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

CALL OR TEXT or watsapp ....+17546663823

Wickr id............miken

Email :

hello we are leading suppliers of pharmaceutical product meds online we operate on daily and retails basis and very reliable and our product are 100% top quality am ready to supply on large and smaller orders and i am looking in building a strong business relationship with potential client around the world i do world wide delivery and delivery is guarantee.

see price list offer and pm me or you can get me on whatsapp

FOR ZOLPICLONE 7.5MG SMALLER ORDER

250 tabs..........................‎Β£90
500 tabs...........................‎Β£150
1000 tabs.........................‎Β£250
2500 tabs.........................Β£350
5000 tabs.........................Β£500
7500 tabs.........................Β£700
10000 tabs........................Β£850
15000 tabs........................Β£1200
25000 tabs........................Β£1500

FOR DIAZEPAM SHALINA BRAND

diazepam 10mg 500pills Β£100
diazepam 10mg 300pills Β£70
diazepam 10mg 1000pills Β£150
diazepam 10mg 5000pills Β£350
diazepam 5mg 1000pills Β£120
diazepam 5mg 5000pills Β£300
diazepam 5mg 10000pills Β£500
diazepam 10mg 10000pills Β£700

FOR ROCHE DIAZEPAMS 10MG SMALLER ORDER

250 tabs..........................‎Β£90
500 tabs...........................‎Β£150
1000 tabs.........................‎Β£250
2500 tabs.........................Β£350
5000 tabs.........................Β£500
7500 tabs.........................Β£700
10000 tabs........................Β£850
15000 tabs........................Β£1200
25000 tabs........................Β£1500

TEVA 10MG DIAZEPAMS SMALLER ORDER

250 tabs...........................‎Β£90
500 tabs...........................‎Β£150
1000 tabs.........................‎Β£250
2500 tabs.........................Β£350
5000 tabs.........................Β£500
7500 tabs.........................Β£700
10000 tabs.......................Β£850
15000 tabs.......................Β£1200
25000 tabs.......................Β£1500

ketamine Β£20 each vial/1g

ketamine powder each gram Β£25

FOR TRAMADOL APPLE FLAVOUR

tramadol 50mg 250pills Β£80
tramadol 100mg 300pills Β£90
tramadol 225mg 300pills Β£120
tramadol 50mg 500pills Β£130
tramadol 100mg 500pills Β£140
tramadol 250mg 500pills Β£150
tramadol 50mg 1000pills Β£200
tramadol 100mg 1000pills Β£220
tramadol 250mg 1000pills Β£250

FOR TRAMADOL BULK ORDER

tramadol 50mg 5000pills Β£450
tramadol 100mg 5000pills Β£550
tramadol 250mg 5000pills Β£700

i also have my delivery records all around the worlds and i providedated pictures with buyers name and my name CALL US OR TEXT ....+237663448705 email for detailsi supply more than the quantity listed,i give additional discount to more larger ordersi look forward in doing great business with reliable buyersthanks email for detailsbuds man.

CALL OR TEXT or watsapp ....+17546663823

Wickr id............miken

Email :

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
news
> Sugar doesn't cause diabetes.

Only the truly ignorant think it does.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message
news
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> news >
>> Sugar doesn't cause diabetes.

> Only the truly ignorant think it does.

Yep.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 15:39:14 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
> wrote:

>On 11/9/2017 3:18 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 14:24:16 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
>> > wrote:

>>> You are now seen as an elitist fop who can't tolerate trailers.
>>>
>>> Or I suppose "caravans" as you lot are wont to call them.

>> Every time I have to mow 6 acres again, I long for a nice little
>> trailer.
>>

>There's a good hypocrite then!

I can't win, can I? Oh well, at least I'm not a criminally insane
troll.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 19:42:37 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 10:11:47 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:
>>>
>>>Presumably, so it will sell better. They cater to their
>>>customers' taste.

>> Yes, probably. I wonder what those customers would think of a real,
>> home-made mayo (meaning without added sugar).

>They probably wouldn't like it. I have noticed that people who grew up
>eating processed crap do not like the taste of real foods.

Yes, I've noticed that too. Their taste buds are ruined.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 19:37:44 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 08 Nov 2017 15:48:58 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Ingredients
>>>1 dill pickle spear plus 1 teaspoon juice
>>>3 sweet pickles plus 1 teaspoon juice
>>>6 pitted ripe olives plus 1 teaspoon juice
>>>6 pimiento-stuffed olives plus 1 teaspoon juice
>>>1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
>>>1/3 cup Miracle Whip

>> Here comes Miracle Whip:
>>
>> Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Vinegar, Modified Food Starch, Sugar,
>> Soybean Oil (Trivial Source of Fat and Cholesterol), Contains Less
>> than 2% of Salt, Cellulose Gel, Egg Yolks (Trivial Source of Fat and
>> Cholesterol), Citric Acid, Artificial Color, Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum,
>> Mustard Flour, Cellulose Gum, Spice, Paprika, L-Cysteine, Dried
>> Garlic, Yellow 6, Natural Flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), Artificial
>> Flavor, Blue 1, with Potassium Sorbate and Calcium Disodium EDTA as
>> Preservatives
>>
>> That's a miracle alright! "Worth Trying Today"? Make up your own mind!

>Lemme get the jarred cheese ingredients...
>
>Cheddar Cheese ( Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes ), Sodium Phosphate,
>Salt, Lactic Acid, Sorbic Acid As A Preservative,Apocarotenal (Color).
>
>Sounds much better, doesn't it?

Yes, it's a much shorter list.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 21:50:56 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>news >
>> Sugar doesn't cause diabetes.

>Only the truly ignorant think it does.

That was a short timeout, Cheri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 09:20:27 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Here comes Miracle Whip:
>>
>> Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Vinegar, Modified Food Starch, Sugar,
>> Soybean Oil (Trivial Source of Fat and Cholesterol), Contains Less
>> than 2% of Salt, Cellulose Gel, Egg Yolks (Trivial Source of Fat and
>> Cholesterol), Citric Acid, Artificial Color, Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum,
>> Mustard Flour, Cellulose Gum, Spice, Paprika, L-Cysteine, Dried
>> Garlic, Yellow 6, Natural Flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), Artificial
>> Flavor, Blue 1, with Potassium Sorbate and Calcium Disodium EDTA as
>> Preservatives

>Hi Bruce. Since you like posting ingredient lists, do me a favor.
>Quote the above Miracle Whip ingredients and right below
>post the Kraft Mayonaisse ingredients. I'd like to compare.
>
>I have Kraft Mayo here now and I like it. It's every bit as good
>Hellman's so I go with whatever is on sale at the time. I did
>notice that my mayo doesn't have "High Fructose Corn Syrup." The
>Miracle Whip has a tangier taste and I always thought it was the
>addition of vinegar but I notice even my mayo has vinegar.
>Probable just less vinegar.

Miracle Whip:
Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Vinegar, Modified Food Starch, Sugar,
Soybean Oil (Trivial Source of Fat and Cholesterol), Contains Less
than 2% of Salt, Cellulose Gel, Egg Yolks (Trivial Source of Fat and
Cholesterol), Citric Acid, Artificial Color, Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum,
Mustard Flour, Cellulose Gum, Spice, Paprika, L-Cysteine, Dried
Garlic, Yellow 6, Natural Flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), Artificial
Flavor, Blue 1, with Potassium Sorbate and Calcium Disodium EDTA as
Preservatives

Kraft Mayonnaise, Real Mayo:
Soybean Oil, Water, Eggs, Egg Yolks, Vinegar, Contains Less than 2% of
Sugar, Salt, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Calcium Disodium EDTA as a
Preservative, Dried Garlic, Dried Onions, Spice, Natural Flavor

Hellmann's Mayonnaise, Real:
Soybean Oil, Water, Whole Eggs and Egg Yolks, Vinegar, Salt, Sugar,
Lemon Juice, Calcium Disodium EDTA (Used to Protect Quality), Natural
Flavors

I'd have expected worse, although "Natural Flavors" is a dubious one.
If they use genetic engineering to make a cow poop avocados and they
add those avocados to the mayo, they can call that a "natural flavor",
because it's avocado. And why do they both add sugar to their mayo?

==

Bruce, have you done any cooking lately? What have you made?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

On 11/9/2017 12:46 PM, Bruce wrote:

> Miracle Whip:
> Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Vinegar, Modified Food Starch, Sugar,
> Soybean Oil (Trivial Source of Fat and Cholesterol), Contains Less
> than 2% of Salt, Cellulose Gel, Egg Yolks
>
> Kraft Mayonnaise, Real Mayo:
> Soybean Oil, Water, Eggs, Egg Yolks,
>
> Hellmann's Mayonnaise, Real:
> Soybean Oil, Water, Whole Eggs and Egg Yolks,
>
> I'd have expected worse, although "Natural Flavors" is a dubious one.

Never cared for Miracle Whip and looking at the ingredients, I'd never
use it. May as well just put sugar on the sandwich along with some
cellulose gel. .

==

That's not something I've ever had which sounds like a good thing

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 5:40:04 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:

> People in this house won't eat Kraft. They say it tastes weird. They like
> Best Foods which is the same as your Hellman's. They also like the Just
> Mayo
> but it's a little more expensive so I only use it in something we'll all
> eat.

I personally will eat only foods with 100% all natural ingredients. Food
like free range parking lot chickens that are foolish enough to enter my
little snare of doom. I've also taken a liking for all-natural Mexican pork
chorizo sold at the local safeway. It's delish and so good for you! While
you're tasting it, it's tasting you!

Pork salivary glands, lymph nodes & fat, paprika, soy flour, vinegar, salt,
spices red pepper, garlic, sodium nitrate.

==

ewwwwwwwwww

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 10:58:15 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>Miracle Whip:
>Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Vinegar, Modified Food Starch, Sugar,
>Soybean Oil (Trivial Source of Fat and Cholesterol), Contains Less
>than 2% of Salt, Cellulose Gel, Egg Yolks (Trivial Source of Fat and
>Cholesterol), Citric Acid, Artificial Color, Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum,
>Mustard Flour, Cellulose Gum, Spice, Paprika, L-Cysteine, Dried
>Garlic, Yellow 6, Natural Flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), Artificial
>Flavor, Blue 1, with Potassium Sorbate and Calcium Disodium EDTA as
>Preservatives
>
>Kraft Mayonnaise, Real Mayo:
>Soybean Oil, Water, Eggs, Egg Yolks, Vinegar, Contains Less than 2% of
>Sugar, Salt, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Calcium Disodium EDTA as a
>Preservative, Dried Garlic, Dried Onions, Spice, Natural Flavor
>
>Hellmann's Mayonnaise, Real:
>Soybean Oil, Water, Whole Eggs and Egg Yolks, Vinegar, Salt, Sugar,
>Lemon Juice, Calcium Disodium EDTA (Used to Protect Quality), Natural
>Flavors
>
>I'd have expected worse, although "Natural Flavors" is a dubious one.
>If they use genetic engineering to make a cow poop avocados and they
>add those avocados to the mayo, they can call that a "natural flavor",
>because it's avocado. And why do they both add sugar to their mayo?
>
>==
>
>Bruce, have you done any cooking lately? What have you made?

I haven't cooked anything worth mentioning lately. On another note,
I've been having a lot of supermarket wasabi lately, but look:

Horseradish (31%), Humectant (420), Rice Bran Oil, Salt, Stabilizer
(1400), Wasabi Japonica (4.5%), Potato Starch, Water, Mustard Extract,
Colours (100, 133), Acid (330), Thickener (415)

I wonder if there's such a thing as affordable non science project
wasabi.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>Miracle Whip:
>Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Vinegar, Modified Food Starch, Sugar,
>Soybean Oil (Trivial Source of Fat and Cholesterol), Contains Less
>than 2% of Salt, Cellulose Gel, Egg Yolks (Trivial Source of Fat and
>Cholesterol), Citric Acid, Artificial Color, Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum,
>Mustard Flour, Cellulose Gum, Spice, Paprika, L-Cysteine, Dried
>Garlic, Yellow 6, Natural Flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), Artificial
>Flavor, Blue 1, with Potassium Sorbate and Calcium Disodium EDTA as
>Preservatives
>
>Kraft Mayonnaise, Real Mayo:
>Soybean Oil, Water, Eggs, Egg Yolks, Vinegar, Contains Less than 2% of
>Sugar, Salt, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Calcium Disodium EDTA as a
>Preservative, Dried Garlic, Dried Onions, Spice, Natural Flavor
>
>Hellmann's Mayonnaise, Real:
>Soybean Oil, Water, Whole Eggs and Egg Yolks, Vinegar, Salt, Sugar,
>Lemon Juice, Calcium Disodium EDTA (Used to Protect Quality), Natural
>Flavors
>
>I'd have expected worse, although "Natural Flavors" is a dubious one.
>If they use genetic engineering to make a cow poop avocados and they
>add those avocados to the mayo, they can call that a "natural flavor",
>because it's avocado. And why do they both add sugar to their mayo?
>
>==
>
>Bruce, have you done any cooking lately? What have you made?

I haven't cooked anything worth mentioning lately. On another note,
I've been having a lot of supermarket wasabi lately, but look:

Horseradish (31%), Humectant (420), Rice Bran Oil, Salt, Stabilizer
(1400), Wasabi Japonica (4.5%), Potato Starch, Water, Mustard Extract,
Colours (100, 133), Acid (330), Thickener (415)

I wonder if there's such a thing as affordable non science project
wasabi.

===

Grow your own and then you can choose?

Wasabi Plant Starts (seedlings) €” The Wasabi Store

www.thewasabistore.com/wasabi-plant-starts/

"Then plant wasabi! Wasabi can grow in everybody's garden. Our blog contains
many anecdotes and photos of wasabi in the garden and growing overwinter no
...."

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

> Never cared for Miracle Whip and looking at the ingredients, I'd never use
> it. May as well just put sugar on the sandwich along with some cellulose
> gel. .
>
> ==
>
> That's not something I've ever had which sounds like a good thing

One of my favorite things from when I was a kid, now only on my birthday
once a year, a fried bologna sandwich using a thick slice of bologna, soft
white bread, and Miracle Whip. Gourmet dining. ;-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/10/2017 7:12 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Bruce"Β* wrote in message

> I haven't cooked anything worth mentioning lately. On another note,
> I've been having a lot of supermarket wasabi lately, but look:
>
> Horseradish (31%), Humectant (420), Rice Bran Oil, Salt, Stabilizer
> (1400), Wasabi Japonica (4.5%), Potato Starch, Water, Mustard Extract,
> Colours (100, 133), Acid (330), Thickener (415)
>
> I wonder if there's such a thing as affordable non science project
> wasabi.
>
> ===
>
> Grow your own and then you can choose?
>
> Wasabi Plant Starts (seedlings) €” The Wasabi Store
>
> www.thewasabistore.com/wasabi-plant-starts/
>
> "Then plant wasabi! Wasabi can grow in everybody's garden. Our blog
> contains many anecdotes and photos of wasabi in the garden and growing
> overwinter no ..."

Then the wasabi would actually contain wasabi, too.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/10/2017 1:25 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Cheri" > wrote in message
> news
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> news >>
>>> Sugar doesn't cause diabetes.

>> Only the truly ignorant think it does.

> Yep.

You can find evidence for both if you Google it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 11/10/2017 1:25 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> news
>>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>> news >>>
>>>
>>> Only the truly ignorant think it does.

>> Yep.
>>

> You can find evidence for both if you Google it.

You can find evidence of anything if you Google it.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" wrote in message ...

On 11/10/2017 7:12 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Bruce" wrote in message

> I haven't cooked anything worth mentioning lately. On another note,
> I've been having a lot of supermarket wasabi lately, but look:
>
> Horseradish (31%), Humectant (420), Rice Bran Oil, Salt, Stabilizer
> (1400), Wasabi Japonica (4.5%), Potato Starch, Water, Mustard Extract,
> Colours (100, 133), Acid (330), Thickener (415)
>
> I wonder if there's such a thing as affordable non science project
> wasabi.
>
> ===
>
> Grow your own and then you can choose?
>
> Wasabi Plant Starts (seedlings) €” The Wasabi Store
>
> www.thewasabistore.com/wasabi-plant-starts/
>
> "Then plant wasabi! Wasabi can grow in everybody's garden. Our blog
> contains many anecdotes and photos of wasabi in the garden and growing
> overwinter no ..."

Then the wasabi would actually contain wasabi, too.

nancy

==

How much better can it get? )

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

> Never cared for Miracle Whip and looking at the ingredients, I'd never use
> it. May as well just put sugar on the sandwich along with some cellulose
> gel. .
>
> ==
>
> That's not something I've ever had which sounds like a good thing

One of my favorite things from when I was a kid, now only on my birthday
once a year, a fried bologna sandwich using a thick slice of bologna, soft
white bread, and Miracle Whip. Gourmet dining. ;-)

Cheri

====

Hey a treat is a treat! Who cares what anyone else thinks)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/9/2017 11:53 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 15:39:14 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
> > wrote:
>
>> On 11/9/2017 3:18 PM, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 14:24:16 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos

>>> Every time I have to mow 6 acres again, I long for a nice little
>>> trailer.
>>>

>> There's a good hypocrite then!

> I can't win, can I?

Sans a behavioral reboot, no, you can't.

> Oh well, at least I'm not a criminally insane
> troll.

I haven't run your full background, so...who can say...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/10/2017 5:12 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Bruce"Β* wrote in message
>
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 10:58:15 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Bruce"Β* wrote in message
>>
>> Miracle Whip:
>> Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Vinegar, Modified Food Starch, Sugar,
>> Soybean Oil (Trivial Source of Fat and Cholesterol), Contains Less
>> than 2% of Salt, Cellulose Gel, Egg Yolks (Trivial Source of Fat and
>> Cholesterol), Citric Acid, Artificial Color, Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum,
>> Mustard Flour, Cellulose Gum, Spice, Paprika, L-Cysteine, Dried
>> Garlic, Yellow 6, Natural Flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), Artificial
>> Flavor, Blue 1, with Potassium Sorbate and Calcium Disodium EDTA as
>> Preservatives
>>
>> Kraft Mayonnaise, Real Mayo:
>> Soybean Oil, Water, Eggs, Egg Yolks, Vinegar, Contains Less than 2% of
>> Sugar, Salt, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Calcium Disodium EDTA as a
>> Preservative, Dried Garlic, Dried Onions, Spice, Natural Flavor
>>
>> Hellmann's Mayonnaise, Real:
>> Soybean Oil, Water, Whole Eggs and Egg Yolks, Vinegar, Salt, Sugar,
>> Lemon Juice, Calcium Disodium EDTA (Used to Protect Quality), Natural
>> Flavors
>>
>> I'd have expected worse, although "Natural Flavors" is a dubious one.
>> If they use genetic engineering to make a cow poop avocados and they
>> add those avocados to the mayo, they can call that a "natural flavor",
>> because it's avocado. And why do they both add sugar to their mayo?
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Bruce, have you done any cooking lately? What have you made?

> I haven't cooked anything worth mentioning lately. On another note,
> I've been having a lot of supermarket wasabi lately, but look:
>
> Horseradish (31%), Humectant (420), Rice Bran Oil, Salt, Stabilizer
> (1400), Wasabi Japonica (4.5%), Potato Starch, Water, Mustard Extract,
> Colours (100, 133), Acid (330), Thickener (415)
>
> I wonder if there's such a thing as affordable non science project
> wasabi.
>
> ===
>
> Grow your own and then you can choose?
>
> Wasabi Plant Starts (seedlings) €” The Wasabi Store
>
> www.thewasabistore.com/wasabi-plant-starts/
>
> "Then plant wasabi! Wasabi can grow in everybody's garden. Our blog
> contains many anecdotes and photos of wasabi in the garden and growing
> overwinter no ..."

Definitely a cool coastal climate plant.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> "Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

>> Never cared for Miracle Whip and looking at the ingredients, I'd never
>> use
>> it. May as well just put sugar on the sandwich along with some cellulose
>> gel. .
>>
>> ==
>>
>> That's not something I've ever had which sounds like a good thing

> One of my favorite things from when I was a kid, now only on my birthday
> once a year, a fried bologna sandwich using a thick slice of bologna, soft
> white bread, and Miracle Whip. Gourmet dining. ;-)
>
> Cheri
>
> ====
>
> Hey a treat is a treat! Who cares what anyone else thinks)

There ya go. When it comes to what I eat, what I like or dislike, how it's
cooked etc., my opinion is the only one that counts!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I don't know how tuna noodle casserole differs from tuna fish casserole, but I'm pretty sure the only times I heard of either one was when people were insulting it - usually in print. (One humor book described it as a 1970s dish best forgotten - or something like that.)

I have to say that I've only seen 20 of the dishes, whether on a restaurant menu or at anyone's party.

And it reminds me of a scene from Chapter 6 in the book "Cheaper by the Dozen," when Dad, an engineer, says this - in the year 1922:

€œI want to teach all of you how to multiply two-digit numbers in your head,€ Dad announced at dinner.

€œNot of general interest,€ said Anne...

....€œThose who do not think it is of general interest may leave the table and
go to their rooms,€ Dad said coldly, €œand I understand there is apple pie for
dessert.€

Nobody left.

€œSince everyone now appears to be interested,€ said Dad, €œI will explain how it's done.€

It was a complicated thing for children to understand and it involved memorizing the squares of all numbers up to twenty-five. But Dad took it slowly, and within a couple of months the older children had learned all the tricks involved...

(Something pretty funny and unexpected happens after that!)

But my point was, that threat about the pie wouldn't work on most kids nowadays; they'd likely think: "Huh? Why would I want to eat something as hokey as APPLE PIE?"

Maybe for breakfast. Not for dessert, when today, almost anyone can get ice cream a couple of blocks away. Maybe even a hot fudge sundae.

Lenona.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 12:12:53 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>I wonder if there's such a thing as affordable non science project
>wasabi.
>
>===
>
>Grow your own and then you can choose?
>
>Wasabi Plant Starts (seedlings) — The Wasabi Store
>
>www.thewasabistore.com/wasabi-plant-starts/
>
>"Then plant wasabi! Wasabi can grow in everybody's garden. Our blog contains
>many anecdotes and photos of wasabi in the garden and growing overwinter no
>..."

Interesting, but I can't provide temperatures below 80F (26.6C) most
of the year. I can order the powder from Tasmania at $30 for 30 grams.
I should have grown it when we lived there.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 09:28:09 -0500, Nancy Young >
wrote:

>On 11/10/2017 7:12 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Grow your own and then you can choose?
>>
>> Wasabi Plant Starts (seedlings) — The Wasabi Store
>>
>> www.thewasabistore.com/wasabi-plant-starts/
>>
>> "Then plant wasabi! Wasabi can grow in everybody's garden. Our blog
>> contains many anecdotes and photos of wasabi in the garden and growing
>> overwinter no ..."

>Then the wasabi would actually contain wasabi, too.

That would be interesting. I've probably never tasted the real stuff
before.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> "Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

>> Never cared for Miracle Whip and looking at the ingredients, I'd never
>> use
>> it. May as well just put sugar on the sandwich along with some cellulose
>> gel. .
>>
>> ==
>>
>> That's not something I've ever had which sounds like a good thing

> One of my favorite things from when I was a kid, now only on my birthday
> once a year, a fried bologna sandwich using a thick slice of bologna, soft
> white bread, and Miracle Whip. Gourmet dining. ;-)
>
> Cheri
>
> ====
>
> Hey a treat is a treat! Who cares what anyone else thinks)

There ya go. When it comes to what I eat, what I like or dislike, how it's
cooked etc., my opinion is the only one that counts!

Cheri

==

Absolutely spot on!!! )

--