Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Amish Beef Roast (in foil)

On 11/13/2017 9:41 AM, Janet wrote:
> In article >, cshenk1
> @cox.net says...
>>
>> Dave Smith wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> I know that you posted that you do not read every post in this
>>> group, but Jill has posted about having lived in other countries. As
>>> I recall, she spent a fair amount of her childhood in Thailand.

>> Thailand, land of Roti a basic flat bread you fill with other things
>> and eat out of hand.

> Roti originated in India.
>
> Janet UK

She states it so authoritatively. Roti is definitely NOT Thai. I
couldn't do anything but laugh at that.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 11/12/2017 10:20 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > Dave Smith wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > > I know that you posted that you do not read every post in this
> > > group, but Jill has posted about having lived in other countries.
> > > As I recall, she spent a fair amount of her childhood in Thailand.

> > Thailand, land of Roti a basic flat bread you fill with other things
> > and eat out of hand.
> >

> Roti is about as Thai as it is Japanese. LOL
>
> Jill

Roti is a basic flat bread. It's vr similar across Asia.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> In article >, cshenk1
> @cox.net says...
> >
> > Dave Smith wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > > I know that you posted that you do not read every post in this
> > > group, but Jill has posted about having lived in other countries.
> > > As I recall, she spent a fair amount of her childhood in Thailand.

> > Thailand, land of Roti a basic flat bread you fill with other things
> > and eat out of hand.

> Roti originated in India.
>
> Janet UK

Ok, what part of the name confused you when it was pretty much the same
bread?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 20:38:12 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

>jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> > Thailand, land of Roti a basic flat bread you fill with other things
>> > and eat out of hand.
>> >

>> Roti is about as Thai as it is Japanese. LOL
>>
>> Jill

>Roti is a basic flat bread. It's vr similar across Asia.

Do you realise that Asia ranges from Saudi Arabia to Japan and from
Vietnam to Mongolia?

Wiki:
"consumed in India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Maldives,
Malaysia and Bangladesh"

You and Sheldon should start a fake news agency together.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/15/2017 9:15 PM, Bruce wrote:

> You and Sheldon should start a fake news agency together.

Auditioning for a reporter job?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/15/2017 9:39 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Janet wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> In article >, cshenk1
>> @cox.net says...

>>> Thailand, land of Roti a basic flat bread you fill with other things
>>> and eat out of hand.

>> Roti originated in India.
>>
>> Janet UK

> Ok, what part of the name confused you when it was pretty much the same
> bread?

"pretty much the same bread". Name that bread. Why don't you simply
admit you don't know everything about SE Asia?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/15/2017 9:38 PM, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> Roti is about as Thai as it is Japanese. LOL
>>
>> Jill

> Roti is a basic flat bread. It's vr similar across Asia.

Keep trying... you'll still be wrong about bread in SE Asia and side
plates pretty much anywhere.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
>cshenk wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> Roti is about as Thai as it is Japanese. LOL

>> Roti is a basic flat bread. It's vr similar across Asia.
>>

>Keep trying... you'll still be wrong about bread in SE Asia and side
>plates pretty much anywhere.

It seems roti is eaten world-wide under different names and used in
various ways... roti is simply unleavened flat bread, even matzo
qualifies. Tortillas are roti m ade with corn or wheat.
https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Roti
http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/...ad-roti-288544
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/17288/roomali-roti/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/18/2017 5:05 PM, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> It seems roti is eaten world-wide under different names and used in
>>> various ways... roti is simply unleavened flat bread, even matzo
>>> qualifies. Tortillas are roti m ade with corn or wheat.

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Roti
>>> http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/...ad-roti-288544
>>> http://allrecipes.com/recipe/17288/roomali-roti/
>>>

>> You missed the point, Sheldon.
>>
>> Jill

> Actually Jill, you are the one who missed the point.

Nope. Roti has nothing to do with Thailand. World wide bread is not
what we were talking about. You mentioned not letting bread touch on
plates or using it to "sop up" gravy. Separate bread plates.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 11/18/2017 5:05 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Roti

> > > You missed the point, Sheldon.
> > >
> > > Jill

> > Actually Jill, you are the one who missed the point.
> >

> Nope. Roti has nothing to do with Thailand. World wide bread is not
> what we were talking about. You mentioned not letting bread touch on
> plates or using it to "sop up" gravy. Separate bread plates.
>
> Jill

I meantion may things related to bread. Which ones in your mind did
you tie to 'not letting bread touch on plates' or relate that to
sopping up gravy?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/18/2017 8:12 PM, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Roti

>>> Actually Jill, you are the one who missed the point.
>>>

>> Nope. Roti has nothing to do with Thailand. World wide bread is not
>> what we were talking about. You mentioned not letting bread touch on
>> plates or using it to "sop up" gravy. Separate bread plates.
>>
>> Jill

> I meantion may things related to bread. Which ones in your mind did
> you tie to 'not letting bread touch on plates' or relate that to
> sopping up gravy?

You mentioned sopping up gravy might be disgusting in some cultures.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 11/18/2017 8:12 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> > I mention may things related to bread. Which ones in your mind did
> > you tie to 'not letting bread touch on plates' or relate that to
> > sopping up gravy?
> >

> You mentioned sopping up gravy might be disgusting in some cultures.
>
> Jill

Guess what, not everyone is American or eats like Americans do.

http://tuscantraveler.com/2012/flore...dont-dip-bread
-in-olive-oil-balsamic-vinegar/

Just one you may not have expected.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/19/2017 2:40 PM, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> On 11/18/2017 8:12 PM, cshenk wrote:
>>> jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>> I mention may things related to bread. Which ones in your mind did
>>> you tie to 'not letting bread touch on plates' or relate that to
>>> sopping up gravy?
>>>

>> You mentioned sopping up gravy might be disgusting in some cultures.
>>
>> Jill

> Guess what, not everyone is American or eats like Americans do.
>
> http://tuscantraveler.com/2012/flore...dont-dip-bread
> -in-olive-oil-balsamic-vinegar/
>
> Just one you may not have expected.

"When in Italy, save the dipping of bread in olive oil for a formal
tasting of the years new oil in December and January when the purpose
is not to eat a lot of bread, but just to taste a variety of fabulous
just pressed extra virgin olive oils. Keep the practice out of your
restaurant experience while touring Italy and perhaps, give it up at
home to avoid violating the Italian Food Rule: Dont Dip Bread in Olive
Oil."

Bugger that, if it tastes good DIP IT!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> You mentioned sopping up gravy might be disgusting in some cultures.

"Love my wife, love my baby
Love my biscuits sopped in gravy"
--trad banjo song, "Black Eyed Susie"

nb