Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Amish Beef Roast (in foil)

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:14:14 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
> wrote:

>On 11/9/2017 12:13 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 12:00:34 -0800, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:
>> snip
>>
>> I put a blade in pork roast in the oven at 6:00 A.M. this
>>> morning at 275, exactly like Wayne said for the Amish Roast, except a
>>> shorter cooking time, I just took it out a few minutes ago, wonderfully
>>> tender and moist and falling apart.

>> snip
>>> Cheri

>> I did a pork butt in the oven, uncovered, with Lipton onion soup mix
>> last year.
>> http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...0yg7o.jpg.html
>> It turned out very tasty and moist
>> Janet US
>>

>Darn it, could not get that page to load!

It's sit and wait load. Sorry. try this. I was tidying up and
noticed that I had a duplicate. I think I deleted the one with the
link.
http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...ax47m.jpg.html
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/9/2017 9:44 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:14:14 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
> > wrote:
>
>> On 11/9/2017 12:13 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>> On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 12:00:34 -0800, "Cheri" >
>>> wrote:
>>> snip
>>>
>>> I put a blade in pork roast in the oven at 6:00 A.M. this
>>> snip
>>>
>>> I did a pork butt in the oven, uncovered, with Lipton onion soup mix
>>> last year.
>>> http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...0yg7o.jpg.html
>>> It turned out very tasty and moist
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> Darn it, could not get that page to load!
>>

> It's sit and wait load. Sorry. try this. I was tidying up and
> noticed that I had a duplicate. I think I deleted the one with the
> link.
> http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...ax47m.jpg.html
> Janet US

That's got it...

A beauty for sure, love the onion curls over the top.

I might add some parsnips, otherwise, feed on!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Casa de los peregrinos" > wrote in message
news
> On 11/8/2017 11:05 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 12:37:53 PM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:
>>>
>>> What do they call it there on your rock?

>> We call it pork butt. It's not the most original name but the word "butt"
>> just makes the Hawaiians giggle.
>>

> That's the former mainstay name, before the PC crowd took on meat
> cutters...

It's always been blade roast to me, but I'm old. Usually, the stores I shop
at usually list it as a blade in pork roast, same with some beef blade
roasts, and also a seven bone pot roast.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/9/2017 10:02 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "Casa de los peregrinos" > wrote in message
> news

>>> We call it pork butt. It's not the most original name but the word
>>> "butt" just makes the Hawaiians giggle.
>>>

>> That's the former mainstay name, before the PC crowd took on meat
>> cutters...

> It's always been blade roast to me, but I'm old. Usually, the stores I
> shop at usually list it as a blade in pork roast, same with some beef
> blade roasts, and also a seven bone pot roast.*
>
> Cheri

Those are valid names.

Before the PC renaming began...

https://consumerist.com/2013/04/04/a...-cuts-of-meat/

Under the new nomenclature’s reign — aimed at giving some meat cuts more
razzle dazzle — a pork chop will become a ribeye chop or a porterhouse
chop, while a pork butt could be known as a Boston roast. A boneless
shoulder top blade steak will become a flatiron steak and a beef under
blade boneless steak will become a Denver Steak. Ground beef will stay
ground beef.

Consumers will also get a bit of education with the new system, which
will include labels on packages telling buyers which part of the
animal’s body the meat comes from and good ways to cook it.

Pork chops are now ribeyes as US meat industry renames cuts [Reuters]

I do NOT truck with caling pork a "ribeye", period.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/money/c...oast-meat-cut-

Bye, Bye Pork Butt

Among the biggest changes: pork butt will now be called Boston roast.
After all, what 12 year old wants to eat pork butt for dinner? (Even
though it's not really the pig's butt).

A rump steak will be leg sirloin.

Those make sense.

But the favorite steak of millions of Americans, filet mignon, will now
be called tenderloin filet, possibly because it sounded too French,
according to the Huffington Post.

Also gone, for sounding too French or too old fashioned: Chateaubriand.

The biggest problem with these changes is that they will immediately
make thousands of cookbooks obsolete.

Does Mom still use an old Julia Child cook book from the 1970's? Good
luck making that pot roast or pork bake, since the names of the
ingredients have now changed.

As always, don't waste your money.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:46:58 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
> wrote:

>On 11/9/2017 9:44 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:14:14 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
>> > wrote:

>>> Darn it, could not get that page to load!
>>>

>> It's sit and wait load. Sorry. try this. I was tidying up and
>> noticed that I had a duplicate. I think I deleted the one with the
>> link.
>> http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...ax47m.jpg.html
>> Janet US
>>

>That's got it...
>
>A beauty for sure, love the onion curls over the top.
>
>I might add some parsnips, otherwise, feed on!

Parsnips sound good. I've got some parsnips waiting in the fridge. I
was thinking I would get a pork tenderloin and roast them together.
With a tenderloin there isn't so much meat for us to eat. I've been
using stuff in my fridge for leftovers for a week now. I Don't want
to start filling it up again. Tonight is the night for that mac and
cheese that uses cottage cheese. I've got cc in the fridge that's
been there for awhile also some odds and ends of other cheese. Then
I'm done with clean out leftovers and can get the pork tenderloin.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Casa de los peregrinos" > wrote in message
news
> On 11/9/2017 10:02 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Casa de los peregrinos" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> That's the former mainstay name, before the PC crowd took on meat
>>> cutters...

>> It's always been blade roast to me, but I'm old. Usually, the stores I
>> shop at usually list it as a blade in pork roast, same with some beef
>> blade roasts, and also a seven bone pot roast.
>>
>> Cheri

> Those are valid names.
>
> Before the PC renaming began...
>
> https://consumerist.com/2013/04/04/a...-cuts-of-meat/
>
> Under the new nomenclature’s reign — aimed at giving some meat cuts more
> razzle dazzle — a pork chop will become a ribeye chop or a porterhouse
> chop, while a pork butt could be known as a Boston roast. A boneless
> shoulder top blade steak will become a flatiron steak and a beef under
> blade boneless steak will become a Denver Steak. Ground beef will stay
> ground beef.

What? No mystery meat? LOL As they say a rose by any other name....

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ding - Dong Daddy" wrote in message

On Thursday, 9 November 2017 04:15:10 UTC-6, Ophelia wrote:
> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
>
> > What kind of dip? Not just dried onion soup I am sure ;-)

> Just mix a package with sour cream, very simple and a recipe from the 50's
> think, but my kids love it and it's something that's always here for
> holidays. If you make your own, I think you could just add to taste with
> the
> sour cream. Here it is in two envelopes per package, and I use one
> envelope
> for the dip.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> Ahh so the onion soup mix is mixed in with sour cream! Thanks)
>
> Mine isn't in envelopes, so I guess I would just do as you say, add to
> taste
>
> What do you dip into it?

Ridged crisps...

Actually, "California Dip" is a 50's thing, Ms. O:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_onion_dip

"French onion dip or California dip is an American dip typically made with a
base of sour cream and flavored with minced onion, and usually served with
potato chips as chips and dip.

French onion dip made of sour cream and instant onion soup was created by a
French man in Los Angeles in 1954 by an unknown cook. The recipe spread
quickly and was printed in a local newspaper. The Lipton company promoted
this mixture on the television show Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts in 1955,
and early on, it was known as "Lipton California Dip", but soon simply as
"California Dip" A Lipton advertising campaign promoted it on television
and in supermarkets. The recipe was added to the Lipton instant onion soup
package in 1958. The name "French onion dip" began to be used in the 1960s,
and became more popular than "California dip" in the 1990s.

Preparation:

The original recipe consisted of sour cream and dehydrated onion soup mix.
There are now many mass-produced, pre-mixed versions, such as Ruffles French
Onion Dip and Frito-Lay French Onion Dip. Commercially prepared products
include additional ingredients to thicken, stabilize, and preserve the
mixture.

Home-made versions may use caramelized onions.

Serving:

French onion dip is often served at parties and as a "classic holiday party
offering". It has also been described as "an American classic".
It may also be used on other foods, such as hamburgers, sandwiches and
tacos.

Variants:

Alternative bases include mayonnaise and cream cheese. Common flavorings are
onion salt, salt, pepper,onion powder, garlic, garlic powder, parsley,
chives, Worcestershire sauce and others.

Worldwide:

It is now also popular in New Zealand, where it is made with reduced cream
and called "Kiwi Dip"..."

==

Thanks very much for that)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 12:37:53 PM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:
>>
>> What do they call it there on your rock?

> We call it pork butt. It's not the most original name but the word "butt"
> just makes the Hawaiians giggle.
>
> ==
>
> We call it pork shoulder.
>
> To us, butt in our behind

We call it blade in pork roast.

Cheri

==

lol yes, I know you call shoulder 'butt' <G>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
>
>> What kind of dip? Not just dried onion soup I am sure ;-)

> Just mix a package with sour cream, very simple and a recipe from the 50's
> think, but my kids love it and it's something that's always here for
> holidays. If you make your own, I think you could just add to taste with
> the
> sour cream. Here it is in two envelopes per package, and I use one
> envelope
> for the dip.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> Ahh so the onion soup mix is mixed in with sour cream! Thanks)
>
> Mine isn't in envelopes, so I guess I would just do as you say, add to
> taste
>
> What do you dip into it?

Anything you want to, chips, veggies, etc. :0

Cheri

==

Sounds good, thanks)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
9.45...

On Thu 09 Nov 2017 03:05:45a, Ophelia told us...

> "Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
> 9.45...
>
> On Wed 08 Nov 2017 02:41:30p, Ophelia told us...
>
>> "Cheri" wrote in message news >>

>>> It's great for cooking and dips, same with Cream of Mushroom
>>> soup and Cream
>>> of Chicken soup. I doubt that anyone uses them daily, but they
>>> are great once in awhile.
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> I have never seen any to buy, but I did copy a recipe for it and
>>> I have some sitting in a jar in my cupboard. I haven't actually
>>> used any yet because I don't know what the use it in Ideas
>>> please?

>> I use it for some things like dip at Thanksgiving and Christmas,
>> the kids love it. I am using a packet right now for a luncheon
>> that I'm going to in a few minutes. I put a blade in pork roast
>> in the oven at 6:00 A.M. this morning at 275, exactly like Wayne
>> said for the Amish Roast, except a shorter cooking time, I just
>> took it out a few minutes ago, wonderfully tender and moist and
>> falling apart. I also made a Saltine tart that I saw Martha
>> Stewart make. I have never used saltines for a crust, but it
>> turned out pretty. I will taste it at the luncheon to see if I
>> like the crust.
>>
>> Cheri
>> ==
>>
>> What kind of dip? Not just dried onion soup I am sure ;-)
>>

> Yes, an envelope of Onion Sop Mix. Dried onions with a seasoned
> powdered beeef base.
>

> Wayne Boatwright
> ==
>
> So, you dip (whatever) into a bowl of dried onions ...??

The dry Onion Soup Mix is typically mixed with sour cream, but can
also be used with ceam cheese, neufchatel, cottage cheese, etc. to
form a dip for crisps, veggies, etc. You can also thin any of these
mixtures down with some double cream.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...%2F%2Fs3-prod-
calcmenu.unileversolutions.com%2Fpublic_picture%2F picOriginal%
2FP134081313010556_3.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%
2Fwww.liptonkitchens.com%2Frecipes%2Fdetail%2F2854 2%2F1%2Fclassic-
onion-dip&docid=ZsFwjK3rkTYrkM&tbnid=ElJgfBOHEVBx-M%3A&vet=
10ahUKEwiYgsWZ1bHXAhVN5GMKHcByA10QMwhKKA0wDQ..i&w= 240&h=240&bih=656
&biw=1024&q=french%20onion%20soup%20dip&ved=
0ahUKEwiYgsWZ1bHXAhVN5GMKHcByA10QMwhKKA0wDQ&iact=m rc&uact=8

(commercial image)

The soup mix can also be used in any number of ways that don't
involve dipping. althogh I think it make lousy soup. :-)

Wayne Boatwright

==

lol thanks)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>>
>> On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 12:37:53 PM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:
>>>
>>> What do they call it there on your rock?

>> We call it pork butt. It's not the most original name but the word "butt"
>> just makes the Hawaiians giggle.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> We call it pork shoulder.
>>
>> To us, butt in our behind

> We call it blade in pork roast.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> lol yes, I know you call shoulder 'butt' <G>

I don't.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 11:46:44 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> "Cheri" wrote in message news >>
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> We call it pork butt. It's not the most original name but the word "butt"
>>> just makes the Hawaiians giggle.
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> We call it pork shoulder.
>>>
>>> To us, butt in our behind

>> We call it blade in pork roast.
>>
>> Cheri
>>
>> ==
>>
>> lol yes, I know you call shoulder 'butt' <G>

>I don't.

It would explain a lot.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/9/2017 11:09 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:46:58 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
> > wrote:
>
>> On 11/9/2017 9:44 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:14:14 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos

>>> It's sit and wait load. Sorry. try this. I was tidying up and
>>> noticed that I had a duplicate. I think I deleted the one with the
>>> link.
>>> http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...ax47m.jpg.html
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> That's got it...
>>
>> A beauty for sure, love the onion curls over the top.
>>
>> I might add some parsnips, otherwise, feed on!

> Parsnips sound good. I've got some parsnips waiting in the fridge. I
> was thinking I would get a pork tenderloin and roast them together.
> With a tenderloin there isn't so much meat for us to eat. I've been
> using stuff in my fridge for leftovers for a week now. I Don't want
> to start filling it up again. Tonight is the night for that mac and
> cheese that uses cottage cheese. I've got cc in the fridge that's
> been there for awhile also some odds and ends of other cheese. Then
> I'm done with clean out leftovers and can get the pork tenderloin.
> Janet US

I think the innate sweetness of the parsnips is a great compliment to
pork, same holds for those little pearl onions.

Sometimes cooking down the pantry and frig is its own reward if you're a
combos person.

I'm thinking the cottage cheese must really smooth the mac and cheese out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/9/2017 11:54 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "Casa de los peregrinos" > wrote in message
> news
>> On 11/9/2017 10:02 AM, Cheri wrote:

>>> It's always been blade roast to me, but I'm old. Usually, the stores
>>> I shop at usually list it as a blade in pork roast, same with some
>>> beef blade roasts, and also a seven bone pot roast.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> Those are valid names.
>>
>> Before the PC renaming began...
>>
>> https://consumerist.com/2013/04/04/a...-cuts-of-meat/
>>

>> Under the new nomenclature’s reign — aimed at giving some meat cuts
>> more razzle dazzle — a pork chop will become a ribeye chop or a
>> porterhouse chop, while a pork butt could be known as a Boston roast.
>> A boneless shoulder top blade steak will become a flatiron steak and a
>> beef under blade boneless steak will become a Denver Steak. Ground
>> beef will stay ground beef.

> What? No mystery meat? LOL As they say a rose by any other name....
>
> Cheri

No kidding!

Makes me want to take cleaver to rabbits and do something totally off
the normal menu.

Or maybe some goat!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 10:05:45 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
79.45...

>On Wed 08 Nov 2017 02:41:30p, Ophelia told us...
>
>> "Cheri" wrote in message news

snip

>> I use it for some things like dip at Thanksgiving and Christmas,
>> the kids love it. I am using a packet right now for a luncheon
>> that I'm going to in a few minutes. I put a blade in pork roast in
>> the oven at 6:00 A.M. this morning at 275, exactly like Wayne said
>> for the Amish Roast, except a shorter cooking time, I just took it
>> out a few minutes ago, wonderfully tender and moist and falling
>> apart. I also made a Saltine tart that I saw Martha Stewart make.
>> I have never used saltines for a crust, but it turned out pretty.
>> I will taste it at the luncheon to see if I like the crust.
>>
>> Cheri
>> ==
>>
>> What kind of dip? Not just dried onion soup I am sure ;-)
>>

>Yes, an envelope of Onion Sop Mix. Dried onions with a seasoned
>powdered beeef base.
>

> Wayne Boatwright
>==
>
>So, you dip (whatever) into a bowl of dried onions ...??

Recipe for California Dip: One pint of sour cream, one package of
Lipton Onion soup mix. Stir the soup mix into the sour cream and let
sit for 30-60 minutes to hydrate and meld. Stir. Add milk if needed
to thin to your preferred consistency. Use it as a dip for chips and
crudites.
Janet US

===

) Thank you

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 10:14:55 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
.. .

>On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 12:00:34 -0800, "Cheri" >
>wrote:
>snip
>
>I put a blade in pork roast in the oven at 6:00 A.M. this
>>morning at 275, exactly like Wayne said for the Amish Roast, except a
>>shorter cooking time, I just took it out a few minutes ago, wonderfully
>>tender and moist and falling apart.

>snip
>>Cheri

>I did a pork butt in the oven, uncovered, with Lipton onion soup mix
>last year.
>http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...0yg7o.jpg.html
>It turned out very tasty and moist
>Janet US
>
>==
>
>It won't open for me, but it sounds good

try this and let me know if I have troubles
http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...ax47m.jpg.html
Janet US

===

No(

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:14:14 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
> wrote:

>On 11/9/2017 12:13 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 12:00:34 -0800, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:
>> snip
>>
>> I put a blade in pork roast in the oven at 6:00 A.M. this
>>> morning at 275, exactly like Wayne said for the Amish Roast, except a
>>> shorter cooking time, I just took it out a few minutes ago, wonderfully
>>> tender and moist and falling apart.

>> snip
>>> Cheri

>> I did a pork butt in the oven, uncovered, with Lipton onion soup mix
>> last year.
>> http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...0yg7o.jpg.html
>> It turned out very tasty and moist
>> Janet US
>>

>Darn it, could not get that page to load!

It's sit and wait load. Sorry. try this. I was tidying up and
noticed that I had a duplicate. I think I deleted the one with the
link.
http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...ax47m.jpg.html
Janet US

==

No(

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:46:58 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
> wrote:

>On 11/9/2017 9:44 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:14:14 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
>> > wrote:

>>> Darn it, could not get that page to load!
>>>

>> It's sit and wait load. Sorry. try this. I was tidying up and
>> noticed that I had a duplicate. I think I deleted the one with the
>> link.
>> http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...ax47m.jpg.html
>> Janet US
>>

>That's got it...
>
>A beauty for sure, love the onion curls over the top.
>
>I might add some parsnips, otherwise, feed on!

Parsnips sound good. I've got some parsnips waiting in the fridge. I
was thinking I would get a pork tenderloin and roast them together.
With a tenderloin there isn't so much meat for us to eat. I've been
using stuff in my fridge for leftovers for a week now. I Don't want
to start filling it up again. Tonight is the night for that mac and
cheese that uses cottage cheese. I've got cc in the fridge that's
been there for awhile also some odds and ends of other cheese. Then
I'm done with clean out leftovers and can get the pork tenderloin.
Janet US

==

I have decided to use all the meat in my freezers before I buy any more!
It's hard when I see a bargain, but I an NOT buying another freezer!!!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Casa de los peregrinos" > wrote in message
news
> On 11/8/2017 11:05 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 12:37:53 PM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:
>>>
>>> What do they call it there on your rock?

>> We call it pork butt. It's not the most original name but the word "butt"
>> just makes the Hawaiians giggle.
>>

> That's the former mainstay name, before the PC crowd took on meat
> cutters...

It's always been blade roast to me, but I'm old. Usually, the stores I shop
at usually list it as a blade in pork roast, same with some beef blade
roasts, and also a seven bone pot roast.

Cheri

==

Seven bone pot roast eh? Hmmmmm...

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>>
>> On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 12:37:53 PM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:
>>>
>>> What do they call it there on your rock?

>> We call it pork butt. It's not the most original name but the word "butt"
>> just makes the Hawaiians giggle.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> We call it pork shoulder.
>>
>> To us, butt in our behind

> We call it blade in pork roast.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> lol yes, I know you call shoulder 'butt' <G>

I don't.

Cheri

==

You don't??

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 21:38:54 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
.. .

>On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 10:14:55 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
. ..

>>On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 12:00:34 -0800, "Cheri" >
>>wrote:
>>snip
>>
>>I put a blade in pork roast in the oven at 6:00 A.M. this
>>>morning at 275, exactly like Wayne said for the Amish Roast, except a
>>>shorter cooking time, I just took it out a few minutes ago, wonderfully
>>>tender and moist and falling apart.

>>snip
>>>Cheri

>>I did a pork butt in the oven, uncovered, with Lipton onion soup mix
>>last year.
>>http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...0yg7o.jpg.html
>>It turned out very tasty and moist
>>Janet US
>>
>>==
>>
>>It won't open for me, but it sounds good

>try this and let me know if I have troubles
>http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...ax47m.jpg.html
>Janet US
>
>===
>
>No(

it's slow to load. But it's free
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/9/2017 2:41 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> "U.S. Janet B."Â* wrote in message
>
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:46:58 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
> > wrote:
>
>> On 11/9/2017 9:44 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:14:14 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos

>>> It's sit and wait load.Â* Sorry.Â* try this.Â* I was tidying up and
>>> noticed that I had a duplicate.Â* I think I deleted the one with the
>>> link.
>>> http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...ax47m.jpg.html
>>>
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> That's got it...
>>
>> A beauty for sure, love the onion curls over the top.
>>
>> I might add some parsnips, otherwise, feed on!

> Parsnips sound good.Â* I've got some parsnips waiting in the fridge.Â* I
> was thinking I would get a pork tenderloin and roast them together.
> With a tenderloin there isn't so much meat for us to eat.Â* I've been
> using stuff in my fridge for leftovers for a week now.Â* I Don't want
> to start filling it up again.Â* Tonight is the night for that mac and
> cheese that uses cottage cheese.Â* I've got cc in the fridge that's
> been there for awhile also some odds and ends of other cheese.Â* Then
> I'm done with clean out leftovers and can get the pork tenderloin.
> Janet US
>
> ==
>
> I have decided to use all the meat in my freezers before I buy any more!
> It's hard when I see a bargain, but I an NOT buying another freezer!!!

You might consider doing a Brazilian style BBQ or Rodizio:

http://www.gauchosbraziliansteakhous...es/skewers.jpg

The swords are sort of an English vibe too, so it's all in idiom.

http://www.quericavida.com/-/media/I...house_hero.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 21:41:04 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
.. .

>On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:46:58 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
> wrote:
>
>>On 11/9/2017 9:44 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:14:14 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos

>>> It's sit and wait load. Sorry. try this. I was tidying up and
>>> noticed that I had a duplicate. I think I deleted the one with the
>>> link.
>>> http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...ax47m.jpg.html
>>> Janet US
>>>

>>That's got it...
>>
>>A beauty for sure, love the onion curls over the top.
>>
>>I might add some parsnips, otherwise, feed on!

>Parsnips sound good. I've got some parsnips waiting in the fridge. I
>was thinking I would get a pork tenderloin and roast them together.
>With a tenderloin there isn't so much meat for us to eat. I've been
>using stuff in my fridge for leftovers for a week now. I Don't want
>to start filling it up again. Tonight is the night for that mac and
>cheese that uses cottage cheese. I've got cc in the fridge that's
>been there for awhile also some odds and ends of other cheese. Then
>I'm done with clean out leftovers and can get the pork tenderloin.
>Janet US
>
>==
>
>I have decided to use all the meat in my freezers before I buy any more!
>It's hard when I see a bargain, but I an NOT buying another freezer!!!

that's what I did all summer. Used up everything I had stored in
there. Recently I ran into some good deals on meat, so I'm stocked on
that. I put a lot of produce in from my garden. Quite a few
containers of broth that I have made, some soups, some breads, some
frozen fruit, some fast food frozen food. We're all set for winter. I
can cook just about anything when the whim strikes.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 21:39:32 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
.. .

>On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:14:14 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
> wrote:
>
>>On 11/9/2017 12:13 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>> On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 12:00:34 -0800, "Cheri" >
>>> wrote:
>>> snip
>>>
>>> I put a blade in pork roast in the oven at 6:00 A.M. this
>>> snip
>>>
>>> I did a pork butt in the oven, uncovered, with Lipton onion soup mix
>>> last year.
>>> http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...0yg7o.jpg.html
>>> It turned out very tasty and moist
>>> Janet US
>>>

>>Darn it, could not get that page to load!
>>

>It's sit and wait load. Sorry. try this. I was tidying up and
>noticed that I had a duplicate. I think I deleted the one with the
>link.
>http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...ax47m.jpg.html
>Janet US
>
>==
>
>No(

You know, some time back Janet UK was telling me she couldn't see one
of my links. I wonder if there's some sort of protocol missing.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
>
> > What kind of dip? Not just dried onion soup I am sure ;-)

> Just mix a package with sour cream, very simple and a recipe from the
> 50's I think, but my kids love it and it's something that's always
> here for holidays. If you make your own, I think you could just add
> to taste with the sour cream. Here it is in two envelopes per
> package, and I use one envelope for the dip.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> Ahh so the onion soup mix is mixed in with sour cream! Thanks)
>
> Mine isn't in envelopes, so I guess I would just do as you say, add
> to taste
>
> What do you dip into it?

Anything. Chips, veggies, chicken wings even. When we do a group meal
(neighbors in as guests), we have it on a center spot with a spoon and
you dip out what you want to a personal dipping bowl at your end and
use as you like.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
.. .

>On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:14:14 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
> wrote:
>
>>On 11/9/2017 12:13 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>> On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 12:00:34 -0800, "Cheri" >
>>> wrote:
>>> snip
>>>
>>> I put a blade in pork roast in the oven at 6:00 A.M. this
>>> snip
>>>
>>> I did a pork butt in the oven, uncovered, with Lipton onion soup mix
>>> last year.
>>> http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...0yg7o.jpg.html
>>> It turned out very tasty and moist
>>> Janet US
>>>

>>Darn it, could not get that page to load!
>>

>It's sit and wait load. Sorry. try this. I was tidying up and
>noticed that I had a duplicate. I think I deleted the one with the
>link.
>http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...ax47m.jpg.html
>Janet US
>
>==
>
>No(

You know, some time back Janet UK was telling me she couldn't see one
of my links. I wonder if there's some sort of protocol missing.
Janet US

==

I'll try that one again and wait ...

I'll let you know

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
.. .

>On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:46:58 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
> wrote:
>
>>On 11/9/2017 9:44 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:14:14 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos

>>> It's sit and wait load. Sorry. try this. I was tidying up and
>>> noticed that I had a duplicate. I think I deleted the one with the
>>> link.
>>> http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...ax47m.jpg.html
>>> Janet US
>>>

>>That's got it...
>>
>>A beauty for sure, love the onion curls over the top.
>>
>>I might add some parsnips, otherwise, feed on!

>Parsnips sound good. I've got some parsnips waiting in the fridge. I
>was thinking I would get a pork tenderloin and roast them together.
>With a tenderloin there isn't so much meat for us to eat. I've been
>using stuff in my fridge for leftovers for a week now. I Don't want
>to start filling it up again. Tonight is the night for that mac and
>cheese that uses cottage cheese. I've got cc in the fridge that's
>been there for awhile also some odds and ends of other cheese. Then
>I'm done with clean out leftovers and can get the pork tenderloin.
>Janet US
>
>==
>
>I have decided to use all the meat in my freezers before I buy any more!
>It's hard when I see a bargain, but I an NOT buying another freezer!!!

that's what I did all summer. Used up everything I had stored in
there. Recently I ran into some good deals on meat, so I'm stocked on
that. I put a lot of produce in from my garden. Quite a few
containers of broth that I have made, some soups, some breads, some
frozen fruit, some fast food frozen food. We're all set for winter. I
can cook just about anything when the whim strikes.
Janet US

==

Brilliant ... and just as brilliant, your pic loaded!!! Today it took no
time at all!

That meal looks gorgeous)))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Casa de los peregrinos" wrote in message
news
On 11/9/2017 2:41 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> "U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
>
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:46:58 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
> > wrote:
>
>> On 11/9/2017 9:44 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:14:14 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos

>>> It's sit and wait load. Sorry. try this. I was tidying up and
>>> noticed that I had a duplicate. I think I deleted the one with the
>>> link.
>>> http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/ge...ax47m.jpg.html
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> That's got it...
>>
>> A beauty for sure, love the onion curls over the top.
>>
>> I might add some parsnips, otherwise, feed on!

> Parsnips sound good. I've got some parsnips waiting in the fridge. I
> was thinking I would get a pork tenderloin and roast them together.
> With a tenderloin there isn't so much meat for us to eat. I've been
> using stuff in my fridge for leftovers for a week now. I Don't want
> to start filling it up again. Tonight is the night for that mac and
> cheese that uses cottage cheese. I've got cc in the fridge that's
> been there for awhile also some odds and ends of other cheese. Then
> I'm done with clean out leftovers and can get the pork tenderloin.
> Janet US
>
> ==
>
> I have decided to use all the meat in my freezers before I buy any more!
> It's hard when I see a bargain, but I an NOT buying another freezer!!!

You might consider doing a Brazilian style BBQ or Rodizio:

http://www.gauchosbraziliansteakhous...es/skewers.jpg

The swords are sort of an English vibe too, so it's all in idiom.

http://www.quericavida.com/-/media/I...house_hero.jpg

===

That looks good. I have a kitchen knife that looks just like that!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" wrote in message
news
Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
>
> > What kind of dip? Not just dried onion soup I am sure ;-)

> Just mix a package with sour cream, very simple and a recipe from the
> 50's I think, but my kids love it and it's something that's always
> here for holidays. If you make your own, I think you could just add
> to taste with the sour cream. Here it is in two envelopes per
> package, and I use one envelope for the dip.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> Ahh so the onion soup mix is mixed in with sour cream! Thanks)
>
> Mine isn't in envelopes, so I guess I would just do as you say, add
> to taste
>
> What do you dip into it?

Anything. Chips, veggies, chicken wings even. When we do a group meal
(neighbors in as guests), we have it on a center spot with a spoon and
you dip out what you want to a personal dipping bowl at your end and
use as you like.

Carol

==

I have noticed that Usians have a lot of dipping pots on the table. It's
not something I do

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> [...]

Onion Dip and Frito-Lay French Onion Dip. Commercially prepared products
include additional ingredients to thicken, stabilize, and preserve the
mixture.

Home-made versions may use caramelized onions.

Serving:

French onion dip is often served at parties and as a "classic holiday party
offering". It has also been described as "an American classic".
It may also be used on other foods, such as hamburgers, sandwiches and
tacos.

Variants:

Alternative bases include mayonnaise and cream cheese. Common flavorings are
onion salt, salt, pepper,onion powder, garlic, garlic powder, parsley,
chives, Worcestershire sauce and others.

Worldwide:

It is now also popular in New Zealand, where it is made with reduced cream

Thanks very much Plenty there to consider

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 10:00:39 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:
snip

>I have noticed that Usians have a lot of dipping pots on the table. It's
>not something I do

I don't understand this comment.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 09:58:12 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:
snip=

>Brilliant ... and just as brilliant, your pic loaded!!! Today it took no
>time at all!
>
>That meal looks gorgeous)))

You're kidding! I wonder what the issue is. (shaking head) It's too
early to start drinking my computer medicine (Kahlua)
The kids that started using computers at school when they were in
kindergarten have a real advantage over an old person like me. My
husband always kids me, telling me to call a grandson when I have
problem.
Anyway glad the link worked.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/10/2017 2:59 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Casa de los peregrinos"Â* wrote in message
> news >
> On 11/9/2017 2:41 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>> "U.S. Janet B."Â* wrote in message
>>
>> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:46:58 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
>> > wrote:

>>> That's got it...
>>>
>>> A beauty for sure, love the onion curls over the top.
>>>
>>> I might add some parsnips, otherwise, feed on!

>> Parsnips sound good.Â* I've got some parsnips waiting in the fridge.Â* I
>> was thinking I would get a pork tenderloin and roast them together.
>> With a tenderloin there isn't so much meat for us to eat.Â* I've been
>> using stuff in my fridge for leftovers for a week now.Â* I Don't want
>> to start filling it up again.Â* Tonight is the night for that mac and
>> cheese that uses cottage cheese.Â* I've got cc in the fridge that's
>> been there for awhile also some odds and ends of other cheese.Â* Then
>> I'm done with clean out leftovers and can get the pork tenderloin.
>> Janet US
>>
>> ==
>>
>> I have decided to use all the meat in my freezers before I buy any
>> more! It's hard when I see a bargain, but I an NOT buying another
>> freezer!!!
>>

> You might consider doing a Brazilian style BBQ or Rodizio:
>
> http://www.gauchosbraziliansteakhous...es/skewers.jpg
>
> The swords are sort of an English vibe too, so it's all in idiom.
>
> http://www.quericavida.com/-/media/I...house_hero.jpg
>

> ===
>
> That looks good.Â* I have a kitchen knife that looks just like that!

It's a style you won't usually find in stores here - very useful though.

I can see you planting those swords in front of a good beechwood fire
say and having a full on barbie!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-11-10, U.S Janet B > wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 10:00:39 -0000, "Ophelia" >

>>I have noticed that Usians have a lot of dipping pots on the table. It's
>>not something I do

> I don't understand this comment.

Nor should you!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> I have noticed that Usians have a lot of dipping pots on the table. It's
> not something I do

Not really so much with USAian people. Try eating at an authentic
asian restaurant for many dipping bowls on a table. And it's a
good thing too, imo....

I would love to be able to cook that way but such a pain in the
ass to prep so many things. Not something you want to do when you
live alone or with one other. Have a large family? Yes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 10:00:39 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:
snip

>I have noticed that Usians have a lot of dipping pots on the table. It's
>not something I do

I don't understand this comment.
Janet US
==

Sorry. You have 'dips'. You have something in a small pot and you dip
things in it to eat.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 09:58:12 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:
snip=

>Brilliant ... and just as brilliant, your pic loaded!!! Today it took no
>time at all!
>
>That meal looks gorgeous)))

You're kidding! I wonder what the issue is. (shaking head) It's too
early to start drinking my computer medicine (Kahlua)
The kids that started using computers at school when they were in
kindergarten have a real advantage over an old person like me. My
husband always kids me, telling me to call a grandson when I have
problem.
Anyway glad the link worked.
Janet US

==

LOL it did ... eventually)) It is worth it to keep trying)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> I have noticed that Usians have a lot of dipping pots on the table. It's
> not something I do

Not really so much with USAian people. Try eating at an authentic
asian restaurant for many dipping bowls on a table. And it's a
good thing too, imo....

I would love to be able to cook that way but such a pain in the
ass to prep so many things. Not something you want to do when you
live alone or with one other. Have a large family? Yes.

==

Ok

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 18:16:47 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
.. .

>On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 10:00:39 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>snip
>>
>>I have noticed that Usians have a lot of dipping pots on the table. It's
>>not something I do
>>

>I don't understand this comment.
>Janet US
>==
>
>Sorry. You have 'dips'. You have something in a small pot and you dip
>things in it to eat.

The only time that would happen here would be if we had people over
for drinks and nibbles or if a bunch of people had gathered to watch a
game. There would be one bowl of dip or one bowl of salsa.
Pre-holiday dinner there is more likely a dish of crudites and maybe
some bits of cheese. I suppose there are people who do more than that
but I don't know any. Do you not put out snacks when you have people
over to your house for those kinds of events?
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 18:16:47 -0000, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>>"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
. ..

>>On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 10:00:39 -0000, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>snip
>>>
>>>I have noticed that Usians have a lot of dipping pots on the table. It's
>>>not something I do
>>>

>>I don't understand this comment.
>>Janet US
>>==
>>
>>Sorry. You have 'dips'. You have something in a small pot and you dip
>>things in it to eat.

> The only time that would happen here would be if we had people over
> for drinks and nibbles or if a bunch of people had gathered to watch a
> game. There would be one bowl of dip or one bowl of salsa.
> Pre-holiday dinner there is more likely a dish of crudites and maybe
> some bits of cheese. I suppose there are people who do more than that
> but I don't know any. Do you not put out snacks when you have people
> over to your house for those kinds of events?
> Janet US

We always have some kind of dip, blue cheese, salsa, onion dip or something
like that, with chips or crudites, or both when people are over.

Cheri