Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default FYI Sous vide machene $99

Just saw it on HSN while flipping around. Food and Wine brand.
Free shipping.

I'm passing that along with no idea if it's a good machine
or a good price.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/20/2017 8:43 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

> Just saw it on HSN while flipping around.Â* Food and Wine brand.
> Free shipping.
>
> I'm passing that along with no idea if it's a good machine
> or a good price.

It's always useful to post a reference, and here it is:

https://www.hsn.com/products/food-an...ariant=8484994

It's a wine chiller too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" wrote in message ...

Just saw it on HSN while flipping around. Food and Wine brand.
Free shipping.

I'm passing that along with no idea if it's a good machine
or a good price.

nancy

==

Is it a joule stick or a machine?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 8:43:54 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Is it a joule stick or a machine?
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

It's a generic stick type. I might consider getting one when they reach $29.92 a pop.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 8:43:54 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Is it a joule stick or a machine?
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

It's a generic stick type. I might consider getting one when they reach
$29.92 a pop.

==

Thanks. I can't help with that because I have a machine.

I thought you were cooking stuff sous vide on something else ... rice
cooker, or something you could manage the temps?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 10:52:12 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 8:43:54 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > Is it a joule stick or a machine?
> >
> > --
> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> It's a generic stick type. I might consider getting one when they reach
> $29.92 a pop.
>
> ==
>
> Thanks. I can't help with that because I have a machine.
>
> I thought you were cooking stuff sous vide on something else ... rice
> cooker, or something you could manage the temps?
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

I've used a rice cooker, slow cooker, and my induction stove. I have to monitor the temperature during the cooking process. Something with a regulated temperature and timer would be nice. Bluetooth would be great too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 10:52:12 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 8:43:54 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > Is it a joule stick or a machine?
> >
> > --
> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> It's a generic stick type. I might consider getting one when they reach
> $29.92 a pop.
>
> ==
>
> Thanks. I can't help with that because I have a machine.
>
> I thought you were cooking stuff sous vide on something else ... rice
> cooker, or something you could manage the temps?

I've used a rice cooker, slow cooker, and my induction stove. I have to
monitor the temperature during the cooking process. Something with a
regulated temperature and timer would be nice. Bluetooth would be great too.

==

I don't know how Bluetooth can cook your food, but I can guarantee a good
Sous Vide machine can do it <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 11:16:55 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> I don't know how Bluetooth can cook your food, but I can guarantee a good
> Sous Vide machine can do it <g>
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

You're right, an internet-enabled sous vide stick would be better. That way, I could sous vide some pork even if I'm off island.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 11:16:55 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> I don't know how Bluetooth can cook your food, but I can guarantee a good
> Sous Vide machine can do it <g>
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

You're right, an internet-enabled sous vide stick would be better. That way,
I could sous vide some pork even if I'm off island.

===

How will you prep and encase your pork via Bluetooth?

Just think of all the fun you will miss <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 8:36:29 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> How will you prep and encase your pork via Bluetooth?
>
> Just think of all the fun you will miss <g>
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

You still have to do that or have someone do it for you. Bluetooth allows you to monitor and control the cooking process remotely. That's good - I think.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 8:36:29 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> How will you prep and encase your pork via Bluetooth?
>
> Just think of all the fun you will miss <g>
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

You still have to do that or have someone do it for you. Bluetooth allows
you to monitor and control the cooking process remotely. That's good - I
think.

==

OH yes, I do know what it does A good way of getting out of doing all the
work I suppose. Now I wonder who you can con... er I mean persuade to do it
for you? Hmmmm?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/22/2017 11:54 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 11:16:55 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> I don't know how Bluetooth can cook your food, but I can guarantee a good
>> Sous Vide machine can do it <g>
>>
>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> You're right, an internet-enabled sous vide stick would be better. That way, I could sous vide some pork even if I'm off island.

Oh the 404 errors!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 9:23:01 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> OH yes, I do know what it does A good way of getting out of doing all the
> work I suppose. Now I wonder who you can con... er I mean persuade to do it
> for you? Hmmmm?
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

I'm thinking we could invade Canada, make them our flunkies and have them do all our prep work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Plan_Red
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 10:22:06 AM UTC-10, Casa lo pensa wrote:
> On 10/22/2017 11:54 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 11:16:55 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >>
> >> I don't know how Bluetooth can cook your food, but I can guarantee a good
> >> Sous Vide machine can do it <g>
> >>
> >> --
> >> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> > You're right, an internet-enabled sous vide stick would be better. That way, I could sous vide some pork even if I'm off island.
> >

> Oh the 404 errors!

We must ensure that all our connected devices are able to contact who or what they need to when they need to to do what they need to do. My guess is that the machines will fortify their networks at the expense of ours. That's the breaks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/22/2017 3:49 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 9:23:01 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>

>> OH yes, I do know what it does A good way of getting out of doing all the
>> work I suppose. Now I wonder who you can con... er I mean persuade to do it
>> for you? Hmmmm?
>>
>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> I'm thinking we could invade Canada, make them our flunkies and have them do all our prep work.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Plan_Red

Nah, they're par-frozen 6 months of the year...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/22/2017 3:53 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 10:22:06 AM UTC-10, Casa lo pensa wrote:

>>> You're right, an internet-enabled sous vide stick would be better. That way, I could sous vide some pork even if I'm off island.
>>>

>> Oh the 404 errors!

> We must ensure that all our connected devices are able to contact who or what they need to when they need to to do what they need to do. My guess is that the machines will fortify their networks at the expense of ours. That's the breaks.

Skynet is happy!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 9:23:01 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> OH yes, I do know what it does A good way of getting out of doing all
> the
> work I suppose. Now I wonder who you can con... er I mean persuade to do
> it
> for you? Hmmmm?
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

I'm thinking we could invade Canada, make them our flunkies and have them do
all our prep work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Plan_Red

==

Oooooerrrr wait for the blast ...

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/23/2017 5:48 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1"Â* wrote in message
>
> On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 9:23:01 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>

>> OH yes, I do know what it doesÂ* A good way of getting out of doing all
>> the
>> work I suppose.Â* Now I wonder who you can con... er I mean persuade to do
>> it
>> for you?Â* Hmmmm?
>>
>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> I'm thinking we could invade Canada, make them our flunkies and have
> them do
> all our prep work.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Plan_Red
>
> ==
>
> Oooooerrrr wait for the blast ...

Delayed as the freeze has already set in up north...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Casa lo pensa" wrote in message news
On 10/23/2017 5:48 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 9:23:01 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>

>> OH yes, I do know what it does A good way of getting out of doing all
>> the
>> work I suppose. Now I wonder who you can con... er I mean persuade to do
>> it
>> for you? Hmmmm?
>>
>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> I'm thinking we could invade Canada, make them our flunkies and have them
> do
> all our prep work.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Plan_Red
>
> ==
>
> Oooooerrrr wait for the blast ...

Delayed as the freeze has already set in up north...

==

Phew!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk