Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Donating to the Food Bank

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8128/8...f3eec386_z.jpg

>>> Yeah, I dig that Americanization snack too.

>> I keep a bag of them in my freezer... otherwise stored in the pantry
>> they're apt to go rancid.
>>

>You ain't kidding on the rancid!
>
>Dipped in Chinese hot mustard - divine!

I prepare my own hot Chinese mustard too. Those tiny packets from the
Chinese take out are wimpy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8128/8...f3eec386_z.jpg

>>> I keep a bag of them in my freezer... otherwise stored in the pantry
>>> they're apt to go rancid.
>>>

>> You ain't kidding on the rancid!
>>
>> Dipped in Chinese hot mustard - divine!

> I prepare my own hot Chinese mustard too. Those tiny packets from the
> Chinese take out are wimpy.

Worse than that, they're imbued with freaking vinegar!

Not good,!

You do (I believe) as I do:

http://www.efooddepot.com/images/products/A/300/442.jpg

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/331551...-1/s-l1000.jpg

http://yoursandmineareours.com/wp-co...HotMustard.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8128/8...f3eec386_z.jpg

>>> You ain't kidding on the rancid!
>>>
>>> Dipped in Chinese hot mustard - divine!

>> I prepare my own hot Chinese mustard too. Those tiny packets from the
>> Chinese take out are wimpy.
>>

>Worse than that, they're imbued with freaking vinegar!
>
>Not good,!
>
>You do (I believe) as I do:
>
>http://www.efooddepot.com/images/products/A/300/442.jpg
>
>http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/331551...-1/s-l1000.jpg
>
>http://yoursandmineareours.com/wp-co...HotMustard.jpg

I buy Oriental hot mustard powder from Penseys:
https://www.penzeys.com/online-catal...24/p-1052/pd-s
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8128/8...f3eec386_z.jpg

>>> I prepare my own hot Chinese mustard too. Those tiny packets from the
>>> Chinese take out are wimpy.
>>>

>> Worse than that, they're imbued with freaking vinegar!
>>
>> Not good,!
>>
>> You do (I believe) as I do:
>>
>> http://www.efooddepot.com/images/products/A/300/442.jpg
>>
>> http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/331551...-1/s-l1000.jpg
>>
>> http://yoursandmineareours.com/wp-co...HotMustard.jpg

> I buy Oriental hot mustard powder from Penseys:
> https://www.penzeys.com/online-catal...24/p-1052/pd-s

I stopped doing business with these assholes (who make decent product,
btw) due to:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...st-act-racism/

Last Tuesday CEO Bill Penzey Jr. lashed out at Republicans in his weekly
email:

The open embrace of racism by the Republican Party in this election is
now unleashing a wave of ugliness unseen in this country for decades.
The American people are taking notice. Lets commit to giving the people
a better choice. Our kindness really is our strength.

penzeys-trump-racism

But after Donald Trumps historic victory Penzey Jr. UNLOADED on
Republicans and Trump voters.

Jim Pensley says Trump supporters voted for an openly racist
candidate. These voters now must be punished and ridiculed. Pensey then
accused Trump supporters of committing the biggest act of racism in in
American history since Wallace stood in the schoolhouse doorway 53 years
ago.

From Penseys Spices weekly email:

You just voted for an openly racist candidate for the presidency of the
United States of America. In your defense, most of you did so without
thinking of the consequences of your candidates racism, because for
most of you the heartbreaking destruction racism causes has never been
anything you or your loved ones have had to experience. But the thing is
elections have their consequences. This is no longer sixty years ago.
Whether any of us like it or not, for the next four years the 80% of
this country who did not just vote for an openly racist candidate are
going to treat you like you are the kind of person who would vote for an
openly racist candidate.

You can get angry at everyone else for treating you like you just did
the thing you just did, or you can take responsibility for your actions
and begin to make amends. If you are lucky and younger family members
are still coming over for Thanksgiving, before its too late, take a
moment and honestly think about how your actions must look through their
eyes. Simply saying I never thought hed win might be enough. But if
you have the means, leaving a receipt from a sizable donation to the
ACLU or the SPLC accidentally laying around where you carve the turkey,
might go over even better.

Or, just do what you do best and volunteer. Through our customers
support, weve given away a lot of our Penzeys Pepper, the Pepper with
heart. More often than not, those we meet cooking and serving food to
feed those in need are Republicans. You really are a good bunch, but you
just committed the biggest act of racism in American history since
Wallace stood in the schoolhouse doorway 53 years ago. Make this right.
Take ownership for what you have done and begin the pathway forward.
Thanks for reading,

Bill

Penzey says only 20% of Americans support Trump.
He might be in for a surprise.
What an offensive ass.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Your Mexican grocer that always short-changes you almost certainly
> carries tripe.
>
> And I think once you try cooking it yourself, you wont be as thrilled
> about it as just buying it already prepared. Cooking raw tripe isn't
> a pleasant experience for most people.

I once worked with a friend that loved chitlin's
(chiterlings - sp). Isn't that the colon of the
animal? lol

I've never tried that but he loved it.
Anyway, his wife refused to cook it but
his aunt (who lived a block away) would
cook it occasionally and he went there
whenever she made it. heheh

Evidently, cooking that really stinked up the house.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 5:36:41 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> I buy Oriental hot mustard powder from Penseys:
> https://www.penzeys.com/online-catal...24/p-1052/pd-s

What makes it 'Oriental'?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 11:24:32 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>
> I once worked with a friend that loved chitlin's
> (chiterlings - sp). Isn't that the colon of the
> animal? lol
>
> I've never tried that but he loved it.
> Anyway, his wife refused to cook it but
> his aunt (who lived a block away) would
> cook it occasionally and he went there
> whenever she made it. heheh
>
> Evidently, cooking that really stinked up the house.

I've eaten chittlins' once and never again. I had a black co-worker
bring me a tiny container to taste. She said to put lots of hot sauce
on them before tasting. There is not enough hot sauce in this world
to cover the taste of excrement. How anyone can eat something that
tastes like doo-doo smells in beyond me.

Once a black neighbor next door, in the Spring time, was cooking
chittlins'. It took several minutes for my brother and I to stop
looking for a dead animal, the stench was so strong.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/17/2017 4:01 PM, wrote:
> On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 5:36:41 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> I buy Oriental hot mustard powder from Penseys:

https://www.penzeys.com/online-catal...24/p-1052/pd-s

> What makes it 'Oriental'?

Good question. It has no ingredients from the orient, but more of the
style that is liked in China. I found this.
https://www.thespruce.com/about-chin...mustard-695079

In the case of prepared mustards, the reaction is toned down by using
additives such as flour. The actual flavor of prepared mustard will
depend on a number of factors, including the type of seeds used, how
they are processed, and what spices are added. For example, France's
world famous Dijon mustard is made with strong brown or black mustard
seeds, verjuice (the juice of unripened grapes) and/or a white wine or
wine vinegar, cloves, cinnamon and other seasonings.

This gives it a distinctive taste worlds apart from the plain yellow
mustard you pour on your hotdog.

By contrast, Chinese hot mustard is made with dry mustard - mustard that
has been dried sufficiently so that when crushed it forms a powder.
Asian markets and online stores carry Chinese mustard powder which, like
Dijon, is made with the stronger brown mustard seeds, called Brassica
juncea.

However, English Colman's dry mustard powder, made by blending the
flavorful brown seeds with the less pungent white mustard seeds, is a
perfectly acceptable substitute.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-10-17 3:17 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 09:52:34 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

>>> My stores do NOT charge for bags, paper or plastic.
>>>

>> Neither do mine.

> Walmart started charging $.10/ea for paper bags when the plastic bag
> ban began. Other stores charge $.25 for a sturdy plastic bag which
> uses 14X the amount of plastic as the classic bags, are much less
> biodegradable, and wind up in the same dump.
>
> The Governor said he was going to overturn all the various city-wide
> bag bans, but he's too busy defunding abortions and birth control and
> dictating which bathrooms people may use.
>
> Most of those plastic bags are now designed to biodegrade in sunlight
> in just a few weeks. So they shouldn't last in trees too long.
>
> -sw

And the plastic particles end up in the food chain!!!!!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 10:01:07 AM UTC-10, wrote:

> What makes it 'Oriental'?

Beats me. I used to use Coleman's mustard for sashimi. These days I use S&B Oriental Hot Mustard or Wing brand mustard. What makes them oriental is that they're Asian companies. OTOH, I use them because they're a lot cheaper than Coleman's. I guess that's what makes me oriental.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/17/2017 4:01 PM, wrote:
> On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 5:36:41 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> I buy Oriental hot mustard powder from Penseys:

https://www.penzeys.com/online-catal...24/p-1052/pd-s

> What makes it 'Oriental'?

The label on the jar, of course!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 10/13/2017 9:43 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> Most towns won't take lawn clippings. It is better to use a mulching
>>> blade and get a better lawn.
>>>
>>> Our trash is bagged and has a sticker you pay for ($1 large 50 cent
>>> small) on it and then hand loaded. Recycle goes in a bin that is hand
>>> loaded. No automation here.

>> I don't know of any town in CA that doesn't take clippings.
>>

> Plenty of room for landfills, apparently. They haven't taken grass
> clippings here for years and years. They do perfectly fine left on
> the lawn unless you let it get too long. Either way don't bother
> bagging it, they won't take it.
>
> nancy

No landfill. It's composted.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 09:52:34 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

>>> My stores do NOT charge for bags, paper or plastic.
>>>

>> Neither do mine.

> Walmart started charging $.10/ea for paper bags when the plastic bag
> ban began. Other stores charge $.25 for a sturdy plastic bag which
> uses 14X the amount of plastic as the classic bags, are much less
> biodegradable, and wind up in the same dump.
>
> The Governor said he was going to overturn all the various city-wide
> bag bans, but he's too busy defunding abortions and birth control and
> dictating which bathrooms people may use.
>
> Most of those plastic bags are now designed to biodegrade in sunlight
> in just a few weeks. So they shouldn't last in trees too long.

But how long do they last in a landfill? I don't think they're going to
biodegrade buried under a ton of other stuff.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/17/2017 3:17 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> shouldn't last in trees

Get the **** outta here, you creep!

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org...ntation-057jpg

Hide the Ho Ho's!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > Your Mexican grocer that always short-changes you almost certainly
> > carries tripe.
> >
> > And I think once you try cooking it yourself, you wont be as
> > thrilled about it as just buying it already prepared. Cooking raw
> > tripe isn't a pleasant experience for most people.

> I once worked with a friend that loved chitlin's
> (chiterlings - sp). Isn't that the colon of the
> animal? lol
>
> I've never tried that but he loved it.
> Anyway, his wife refused to cook it but
> his aunt (who lived a block away) would
> cook it occasionally and he went there
> whenever she made it. heheh
>
> Evidently, cooking that really stinked up the house.

It's not normally done in the house but instead outside and people to
where the wind isnt sweeping them over it. Well washed chitlins do not
taste of what was earlier inside ;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/17/2017 7:56 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Gary wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>>
>>> Your Mexican grocer that always short-changes you almost certainly
>>> carries tripe.
>>>
>>> And I think once you try cooking it yourself, you wont be as
>>> thrilled about it as just buying it already prepared. Cooking raw
>>> tripe isn't a pleasant experience for most people.

>> I once worked with a friend that loved chitlin's
>> (chiterlings - sp). Isn't that the colon of the
>> animal? lol
>>
>> I've never tried that but he loved it.
>> Anyway, his wife refused to cook it but
>> his aunt (who lived a block away) would
>> cook it occasionally and he went there
>> whenever she made it. heheh
>>
>> Evidently, cooking that really stinked up the house.

> It's not normally done in the house but instead outside and people to
> where the wind isnt sweeping them over it. Well washed chitlins do not
> taste of what was earlier inside ;-)

Chitlin's (chitterlings) is another one of those things I'll never eat.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/17/2017 6:06 PM, suzeeq wrote:

>> Most of those plastic bags are now designed to biodegrade in sunlight
>> in just a few weeks.* So they shouldn't last in trees too long.

> But how long do they last in a landfill? I don't think they're going to
> biodegrade buried under a ton of other stuff.

Nor do the paper bags. They should be recycled, burned in a trash to
energy plant, or replaced by reusable bags.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 13:01:03 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 5:36:41 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> I buy Oriental hot mustard powder from Penseys:
>> https://www.penzeys.com/online-catal...24/p-1052/pd-s
>>

>What makes it 'Oriental'?

There are several varietals of mustard plants, some produce
more pungent seeds. Mustard is easy to grow, the more mild varietals
produce excellent greens.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 13:01:03 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>Oriental hot mustard

There are several varietals of mustard plants, some produce
more pungent seeds. Mustard is easy to grow, the more mild varietals
produce excellent greens.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

>>> But how long do they last in a landfill? I don't think they're going to
>>> biodegrade buried under a ton of other stuff.

> (piggybacking due to albasani killfile - 99% of albasani users are
> trolls)

Thought that was true of E-S users. But I'm no troll, just new to this
group.

> They'd degrade quicker than virtually every other plastic in the
> landfill. How long does it take one of those Playskool jungle jims to
> biodegrade in the landfill?
>
>> Nor do the paper bags. They should be recycled, burned in a trash to
>> energy plant, or replaced by reusable bags.

> Paper bags are compostable. Our city wants them in the recycling if
> the paper is clean, or in the compost bin if soiled. Clean paper,
> including glossy, is also acceptable in the compost bin.
>
> -sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/17/2017 5:46 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> All plastics are going to do that.
>
> -sw

Get the **** outta here, you creep!

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org...ntation-057jpg

Hide the Ho Ho's!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/17/2017 9:13 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> 99% of albasani users are
> trolls)

Get the **** outta here, you creep!

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org...ntation-057jpg

Hide the Ho Ho's!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/17/2017 9:59 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Nothing oriental about it.

Get the **** outta here, you creep!

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org...ntation-057jpg

Hide the Ho Ho's!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/17/2017 11:59 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 17:50:52 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

https://www.penzeys.com/online-catal...24/p-1052/pd-s

>>> What makes it 'Oriental'?
>>>

>> The label on the jar, of course!

> You'd have to squint really hard to see the word "Oriental" on that
> jar - Which would make you LOOK Oriental.

Don't be silly, it says "Oriental Mustard" then right below that "Canada
Powdered (Hot)". I'm guessing it's made by Oriental Canadians. LOL

> That mustard from Panzey's is the same stuff as Colemann's in the
> yellow can. Nothing oriental about it. It's the same strain of hot
> mustard seed used all over the world.
>
> -sw

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/18/2017 7:05 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 10/17/2017 11:59 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

https://www.penzeys.com/online-catal...24/p-1052/pd-s

>>> The label on the jar, of course!

>> You'd have to squint really hard to see the word "Oriental" on that
>> jar - Which would make you LOOK Oriental.
>>

> Don't be silly, it says "Oriental Mustard" then right below that "Canada
> Powdered (Hot)".* I'm guessing it's made by Oriental Canadians. LOL
>
>> That mustard from Panzey's is the same stuff as Colemann's in the
>> yellow can.* Nothing oriental about it.* It's the same strain of hot
>> mustard seed used all over the world.
>>
>> -sw
>>

> Jill

No doubt left coasters from BC...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-10-17, cshenk > wrote:

> Well washed chitlins do not taste of what was earlier inside ;-)

True. I hadda ex-girlfriend from AL. She would cook chitlins and
tried to show me how to clean 'em. I failed! She hadda re-clean my
chitlins. This all indoors. Ppl fought over that last chitlin!

She usta say, "You can always tell a true friend. You'll eat their
chitlins." Apparently, I wasn't her "true" friend. After she moved
back to AL, I tried cooking chitlins a couple more times. Never did
get it right.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I think some hotdogs are inside a chitling.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/18/2017 12:30 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 09:05:04 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

https://www.penzeys.com/online-catal...24/p-1052/pd-s

>>> You'd have to squint really hard to see the word "Oriental" on that
>>> jar - Which would make you LOOK Oriental.
>>>

>> Don't be silly, it says "Oriental Mustard" then right below that "Canada
>> Powdered (Hot)". I'm guessing it's made by Oriental Canadians. LOL

> Hmm. I was only looking at the description, I guess. But it is the
> same stuff s Colman's, thogh. So it's a half breed - it's
> British-Chinese.
>
> -sw

I don't use dried mustard for much. I don't use prepared mustard for
much of anything, either. I guess that makes me an atypical cook.

I *do* sometimes brush coarse jarred mustard or Dijon on a pork
tenderloin or pork chops before rolling them in seasoned breadcrumbs
before roasting. Tasty!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.eat-shit.and-die.asshole

> Someone once said, "eat shit and die".

Yer poasting in it.,.asshole.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/18/2017 9:22 AM, wrote:
> I think some hotdogs are inside a chitling.

Not Baby Ruth bars?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/18/2017 10:05 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Wed 18 Oct 2017 07:54:43a, notbob told us...
>
>> On 2017-10-17, cshenk > wrote:
>>
>>> Well washed chitlins do not taste of what was earlier inside ;-)

>> True. I hadda ex-girlfriend from AL. She would cook chitlins and
>> tried to show me how to clean 'em. I failed! She hadda re-clean my
>> chitlins. This all indoors. Ppl fought over that last chitlin!
>>
>> She usta say, "You can always tell a true friend. You'll eat their
>> chitlins." Apparently, I wasn't her "true" friend. After she moved
>> back to AL, I tried cooking chitlins a couple more times. Never did
>> get it right.
>>
>> nb
>>

> Someone once said, "eat shit and die".

LOL!

He's still with us!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/18/2017 10:30 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> So it's a half breed - it's
> British-Chinese.
>
> -sw

Bigot trash.

Get the **** outta here, you creep!

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org...ntation-057jpg

Hide the Ho Ho's!!!

Anyone else donating food to the occupiers? Bryan[_6_] General Cooking 148 14-10-2011 12:58 AM
Food Bank Omelet[_7_] General Cooking 60 01-10-2008 08:05 PM
Food Bank! jmcquown General Cooking 14 26-10-2006 08:40 PM
Food Event -- Foothill Unity Center, Inc. & L A Regional Food Bank Harriet Neal General Cooking 0 06-04-2006 05:32 AM
Food Bank! jmcquown General Cooking 32 13-05-2005 10:27 PM