Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Spanish Peanut Cookies

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 23:10:10 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Forgive me for posting this if I have posted it before. I simply
>don't remember. Note that this is not any form of a peanut butter
>cookie. If you like peanuts and the other additions, please give it
>a try...

I suppose the cookies aren't Spanish, but the peanuts are. To avoid
confusion, wouldn't it be better to then write Spanish-peanut cookies?

Just like a fresh fruit market is a fresh market where they sell fruit
and a fresh-fruit market is a market where they sell fresh fruit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 7:12:59 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 23:10:10 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
> >Forgive me for posting this if I have posted it before. I simply
> >don't remember. Note that this is not any form of a peanut butter
> >cookie. If you like peanuts and the other additions, please give it
> >a try...

> I suppose the cookies aren't Spanish, but the peanuts are. To avoid
> confusion, wouldn't it be better to then write Spanish-peanut cookies?
>
> Just like a fresh fruit market is a fresh market where they sell fruit
> and a fresh-fruit market is a market where they sell fresh fruit.

It's about cultural context. Spanish peanuts are not Spanish, either.
<http://nationalpeanutboard.org/peanut-info/peanut-types.htm>

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 03:06:04 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 7:12:59 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 23:10:10 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Forgive me for posting this if I have posted it before. I simply
>> >don't remember. Note that this is not any form of a peanut butter
>> >cookie. If you like peanuts and the other additions, please give it
>> >a try...

>> I suppose the cookies aren't Spanish, but the peanuts are. To avoid
>> confusion, wouldn't it be better to then write Spanish-peanut cookies?
>>
>> Just like a fresh fruit market is a fresh market where they sell fruit
>> and a fresh-fruit market is a market where they sell fresh fruit.

>It's about cultural context. Spanish peanuts are not Spanish, either.
><http://nationalpeanutboard.org/peanut-info/peanut-types.htm>

Oh thanks, a bit like Swiss cheese.