Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Whacky Brit temps

In article >,
says...

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> > When we were in the UK it took me a while to realize the
> > speedometer on the car was calibrated in Miles Per Hour. I thought
> > I was going 70 Kilometers Per Hour. OTOH, I can understand the
> > reason for that. 113 KPH is way too scary a speed to drive!
> >
> > ==
> >
> > <g>
> >

> Most cars in the US have both MPH and KPH marked on the speedometer.

Same in UK.

> It's easy enough to figure out how fast our driving.

Same in UK

Janet UK

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 02:29:53 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Most US stoves have only one rather large oven, although there are
>also those with two ovens, one taller (usually with convection) and
>one shorter (without convection). I still think there may be some
>differences beetween your fan ovens and our convection ovens,
>although the principle is the same. Our convection feature
>automatically reduces the temperature by 25 degrees.
>
>I opted for for a stove with one large oven because I like to be able
>eto put tall stock pots in it. When I use it for convection baking I
>can fit 4 baking trays with ease and still have uniform results. The
>downside is that our convection ovens tend to overbrown the tops of
>pies and cake layers even though the heat being circulated is
>consistent throughout the oven. I don't know why that is. However,
>I don't bother with the convection feature when baking things like
>pies and cakes. The convection works beautifully for baking multiple
>racks or cookies, pastries, rolls, and the like. Also perfect for
>roasting meats.
>
>My stove has a few other features that I particularly like. It has
>special settings for use as a slow cooker (high and low temperatures)
>much like a CrockPot. Obviously it can handle much largeer
>quantities. Therer is also a special setting for raising dough that
>also allows you to add moisture into the oven. One last thing I like
>is the warming oven that takes the space of a storage drawer at the
>bottom. Both temperature and moisture can be maintained for foods as
>they've finished cooking and waiting to be served.
>
>I think we both have stoves with ovens that may be smewhat different,
>but serve our needs perfectly.

That's a reassuring conclusion, Wayne. Next: washing machines.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 3:09:27 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 07:24:03 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 7:28:28 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> >> On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 04:04:04 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

> >> No, but I bet the US pint is full of coke and the UK pint is full of
> >> beer.

> >Perhaps. I have some ceramic UK-pint-sized mugs that I fill with
> >coffee every morning. Twice.

> That's a lot of coffee.

Yep. Still, there are people who drink coffee all day long who probably
ingest more than I do, just spread out over more time.

How do you think I can come up with these great posts at 0614 on a
Saturday?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 9:06:10 PM UTC-4, Janet wrote:

> Most modern UK stoves have at least two ovens, mine is typical in
> that one of its ovens is a fan oven and the smaller one isn't. They
> offer the same range of temperatures so I can bake or roast in either.

Interesting. My stove is about 76 cm wide, which is the most common
size in the U.S. Two ovens side-by-side wouldn't be big enough to be
useful. I've got sheet pans that are 30 x 43 cm. Two ovens over-and-under
might work. I've seen some of those here, but the big oven is on the bottom,
and I have my doubts about enjoying lifting a stuffed turkey from nearly floor
level.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 03:14:50 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 3:09:27 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 07:24:03 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Perhaps. I have some ceramic UK-pint-sized mugs that I fill with
>> >coffee every morning. Twice.

>> That's a lot of coffee.

>Yep. Still, there are people who drink coffee all day long who probably
>ingest more than I do, just spread out over more time.
>
>How do you think I can come up with these great posts at 0614 on a
>Saturday?

Yes, you had to be on some sort of doping. I only have a cup of coffee
in the morning myself.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 03:23:27 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 9:06:10 PM UTC-4, Janet wrote:
>
>> Most modern UK stoves have at least two ovens, mine is typical in
>> that one of its ovens is a fan oven and the smaller one isn't. They
>> offer the same range of temperatures so I can bake or roast in either.

>Interesting. My stove is about 76 cm wide, which is the most common
>size in the U.S. Two ovens side-by-side wouldn't be big enough to be
>useful. I've got sheet pans that are 30 x 43 cm. Two ovens over-and-under
>might work. I've seen some of those here, but the big oven is on the bottom,
>and I have my doubts about enjoying lifting a stuffed turkey from nearly floor
>level.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

In the US there are mamy styles of stove with all kinds of features,
the most common with a 30" width with one oven. There are also 18"
wide stoves with a rather small oven and two top burners, common in
small apartmnets, also 24" wide stoves with four top burners but still
a rather small oven. The most common stove width is 30", one large
oven and four top burners Then there are 36" wide stoves with one
over sized oven and six top burners. Next there are 48" wide stoves
with one large oven and one small oven and six top burners. Lastly
there are 60" stoves with two large ovens and six top burners. My
first house came with a 48" stove with one large oven and one small
oven but 4 top burners, one burner had a well that could be used as a
stock pot or a deep fryer... I never used that feature. It also had a
rotisserie in the large oven, never used that either. That stove was
electric and I hated it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

Interesting. My stove is about 76 cm wide, which is the most common
size in the U.S. Two ovens side-by-side wouldn't be big enough to be
useful. I've got sheet pans that are 30 x 43 cm. Two ovens over-and-under
might work. I've seen some of those here, but the big oven is on the
bottom,
and I have my doubts about enjoying lifting a stuffed turkey from nearly
floor
level.

Cindy Hamilton

==

Mine has two ovens. The big on has a fan, the smaller one not. But I can't
turn off the fan on the bigger oven.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 10:02:08 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Mine has two ovens. The big on has a fan, the smaller one not. But I can't
> turn off the fan on the bigger oven.
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

That's a very interesting idea. If I had one, I'd probably be cooking a lot of meals in the ovens. These days, I mostly cook stuff in a wok. I think it's odd that the big oven has the fan. It's usually small ovens that need forced circulation.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 10:02:08 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Mine has two ovens. The big on has a fan, the smaller one not. But I
> can't
> turn off the fan on the bigger oven.
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

That's a very interesting idea. If I had one, I'd probably be cooking a lot
of meals in the ovens. These days, I mostly cook stuff in a wok. I think
it's odd that the big oven has the fan. It's usually small ovens that need
forced circulation.

==

It is a good oven but it getting old now. I might start looking around at
new ones next year

I hadn't heard of being able to turn off oven fans until I read it here.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 3:15:59 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 10:02:08 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > Mine has two ovens. The big on has a fan, the smaller one not. But I
> > can't
> > turn off the fan on the bigger oven.
> >
> > --
> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> That's a very interesting idea. If I had one, I'd probably be cooking a lot
> of meals in the ovens. These days, I mostly cook stuff in a wok. I think
> it's odd that the big oven has the fan. It's usually small ovens that need
> forced circulation.
>
> ==
>
> It is a good oven but it getting old now. I might start looking around at
> new ones next year
>
> I hadn't heard of being able to turn off oven fans until I read it here.
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

We have a choice between convection and non-convection modes. I'm not sure why a gas oven would even need a fan. You'd have great circulation since the oven works like a chimney i.e., air flowing from the bottom to the top. I don't use the convection feature much. My daughter does though.

If I make a Dutch baby, I can't use the fan - it just stunts the growth. A Dutch baby is a giant yorkie made with butter.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...xTFghEkAlGgb82
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 3:15:59 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 10:02:08 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > Mine has two ovens. The big on has a fan, the smaller one not. But I
> > can't
> > turn off the fan on the bigger oven.
> >
> > --
> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> That's a very interesting idea. If I had one, I'd probably be cooking a
> lot
> of meals in the ovens. These days, I mostly cook stuff in a wok. I think
> it's odd that the big oven has the fan. It's usually small ovens that need
> forced circulation.
>
> ==
>
> It is a good oven but it getting old now. I might start looking around at
> new ones next year
>
> I hadn't heard of being able to turn off oven fans until I read it here.
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

We have a choice between convection and non-convection modes. I'm not sure
why a gas oven would even need a fan. You'd have great circulation since the
oven works like a chimney i.e., air flowing from the bottom to the top. I
don't use the convection feature much. My daughter does though.

If I make a Dutch baby, I can't use the fan - it just stunts the growth. A
Dutch baby is a giant yorkie made with butter.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...xTFghEkAlGgb82

===

Wow that is a biggie))

I don't know about gas ovens with fans. Mine is electric. Can you get a
gas oven with a fan???

I like a gas hob and an electric oven.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 8:53:37 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 3:15:59 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 10:02:08 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > >
> > > Mine has two ovens. The big on has a fan, the smaller one not. But I
> > > can't
> > > turn off the fan on the bigger oven.
> > >
> > > --
> > > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> > That's a very interesting idea. If I had one, I'd probably be cooking a
> > lot
> > of meals in the ovens. These days, I mostly cook stuff in a wok. I think
> > it's odd that the big oven has the fan. It's usually small ovens that need
> > forced circulation.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > It is a good oven but it getting old now. I might start looking around at
> > new ones next year
> >
> > I hadn't heard of being able to turn off oven fans until I read it here.
> >

> > --
> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> We have a choice between convection and non-convection modes. I'm not sure
> why a gas oven would even need a fan. You'd have great circulation since the
> oven works like a chimney i.e., air flowing from the bottom to the top. I
> don't use the convection feature much. My daughter does though.
>
> If I make a Dutch baby, I can't use the fan - it just stunts the growth. A
> Dutch baby is a giant yorkie made with butter.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...xTFghEkAlGgb82
>
> ===
>
> Wow that is a biggie))
>
> I don't know about gas ovens with fans. Mine is electric. Can you get a
> gas oven with a fan???
>
> I like a gas hob and an electric oven.
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

My guess is that you cannot. I kinda wish that I had a gas hob so I can use a round bottom wok.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 8:53:37 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 3:15:59 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message
> >
> > On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 10:02:08 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > >
> > > Mine has two ovens. The big on has a fan, the smaller one not. But I
> > > can't
> > > turn off the fan on the bigger oven.
> > >
> > > --
> > > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> > That's a very interesting idea. If I had one, I'd probably be cooking a
> > lot
> > of meals in the ovens. These days, I mostly cook stuff in a wok. I think
> > it's odd that the big oven has the fan. It's usually small ovens that
> > need
> > forced circulation.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > It is a good oven but it getting old now. I might start looking around
> > at
> > new ones next year
> >
> > I hadn't heard of being able to turn off oven fans until I read it here.
> >

> > --
> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> We have a choice between convection and non-convection modes. I'm not sure
> why a gas oven would even need a fan. You'd have great circulation since
> the
> oven works like a chimney i.e., air flowing from the bottom to the top. I
> don't use the convection feature much. My daughter does though.
>
> If I make a Dutch baby, I can't use the fan - it just stunts the growth. A
> Dutch baby is a giant yorkie made with butter.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...xTFghEkAlGgb82
>
> ===
>
> Wow that is a biggie))
>
> I don't know about gas ovens with fans. Mine is electric. Can you get a
> gas oven with a fan???
>
> I like a gas hob and an electric oven.
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

My guess is that you cannot. I kinda wish that I had a gas hob so I can use
a round bottom wok.

==

I do that, I have a wok stand that the wok sits on over the flame.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
9.45...

On Sun 24 Sep 2017 11:17:35a, Ophelia told us...

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 3:15:59 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>>
>> On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 10:02:08 AM UTC-10, Ophelia
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Mine has two ovens. The big on has a fan, the smaller one not.
>> > But I can't turn off the fan on the bigger oven.
>> >
>> > --
>> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

>> That's a very interesting idea. If I had one, I'd probably be
>> cooking a lot of meals in the ovens. These days, I mostly cook
>> stuff in a wok. I think it's odd that the big oven has the fan.
>> It's usually small ovens that need forced circulation.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> It is a good oven but it getting old now. I might start looking
>> around at new ones next year
>>
>> I hadn't heard of being able to turn off oven fans until I read
>> it here.
>>

>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> We have a choice between convection and non-convection modes. I'm
> not sure why a gas oven would even need a fan. You'd have great
> circulation since the oven works like a chimney i.e., air flowing
> from the bottom to the top. I don't use the convection feature
> much. My daughter does though.
>
> If I make a Dutch baby, I can't use the fan - it just stunts the
> growth. A Dutch baby is a giant yorkie made with butter.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...3SuAxyjhj6V5xT
> FghEkAlGgb82
>
> ===
>
> Wow that is a biggie))
>
> I don't know about gas ovens with fans. Mine is electric. Can
> you get a gas oven with a fan???
>
> I like a gas hob and an electric oven.

Yes, you can get gas convection (fan) ovens.

Popular here in the US is was is referred to as a "dual fuel range"
that has gas hobs and an electric oven.

This is an example of a range with double electric ovens (the larger
is convection) and four gas hobs:

http://tinyurl.com/yb5stg

Wayne Boatwright

==

I have a gas hob and a double electric oven. The big oven has a fan but I
can't turn it off.

Yes, we have do gave the same ones as in that link but mine are separate.
My ovens are in the wall.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 10:39:31 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> I do that, I have a wok stand that the wok sits on over the flame.
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

I call that a "fire ring." I love that term. I was wrong about not being able to start a fire with an induction stove. Last night my pan just burst into flame when I was wokking around. It was beautiful! My only question I got is which is hotter in a home setting - gas or induction?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg8syllDtQc
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/24/2017 2:17 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> I don't know about gas ovens with fans. Mine is electric. Can you get
> a gas oven with a fan???

My US oven is gas, with a switch to turn on the fan.
I don't think it works nearly as well as the fan on my electric oven in
Scotland.

> I like a gas hob and an electric oven.

Me, too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" > wrote in message
> On 9/24/2017 2:17 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> I don't know about gas ovens with fans. Mine is electric. Can you get a
>> gas oven with a fan???
>>

> My US oven is gas, with a switch to turn on the fan.
> I don't think it works nearly as well as the fan on my electric oven in
> Scotland.
>
>> I like a gas hob and an electric oven.
>>

> Me, too.

Ditto.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 10:39:31 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> I do that, I have a wok stand that the wok sits on over the flame.
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

I call that a "fire ring." I love that term. I was wrong about not being
able to start a fire with an induction stove. Last night my pan just burst
into flame when I was wokking around. It was beautiful! My only question I
got is which is hotter in a home setting - gas or induction?

Oooopppppsssss!!!! Since you have the induction ... or would
that be 'had'?

Does this further your cause for a new stove??? ))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg8syllDtQc

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" wrote in message ...

On 9/24/2017 2:17 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> I don't know about gas ovens with fans. Mine is electric. Can you get
> a gas oven with a fan???

My US oven is gas, with a switch to turn on the fan.
I don't think it works nearly as well as the fan on my electric oven in
Scotland.

> I like a gas hob and an electric oven.

Me, too.

==

Thanks for the info on the gas oven! I will stick with my electric one))

Can you turn your fan off in the electric oven?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
9.45...

On Mon 25 Sep 2017 01:29:03a, Ophelia told us...

> "S Viemeister" wrote in message
>
> On 9/24/2017 2:17 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> I don't know about gas ovens with fans. Mine is electric. Can
>> you get a gas oven with a fan???
>>

> My US oven is gas, with a switch to turn on the fan.
> I don't think it works nearly as well as the fan on my electric
> oven in Scotland.
>
>> I like a gas hob and an electric oven.
>>

> Me, too.
>
> ==
>
> Thanks for the info on the gas oven! I will stick with my
> electric one))
>
> Can you turn your fan off in the electric oven?

With my electric oven you first select either plain radiant heat or
convection heat before presing the "start" button. If you happen to
be using convection, you must turn the oven off and turn it on again
using regular rediant heat.

Wayne Boatwright

==

I was asking Sheila about her UK oven.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/25/2017 4:29 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> Thanks for the info on the gas oven! I will stick with my electric one))
>
> Can you turn your fan off in the electric oven?

Yes, there's a dial which allows selecting either fan or standard. The
fan setting uses a circular element at the back, surrounding the fan,
the standard setting just uses the top and/or bottom element.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" wrote in message ...

On 9/25/2017 4:29 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> Thanks for the info on the gas oven! I will stick with my electric
> one))
>
> Can you turn your fan off in the electric oven?

Yes, there's a dial which allows selecting either fan or standard. The
fan setting uses a circular element at the back, surrounding the fan,
the standard setting just uses the top and/or bottom element.

==

Thanks Mine is getting old and I have been thinking about buying a new
one next year.

I'll bear that in mind

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 10:29:36 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Oooopppppsssss!!!! Since you have the induction ... or would
> that be 'had'?
>
> Does this further your cause for a new stove??? ))
>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg8syllDtQc
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

The stove is fine. A wok can handle a fire just fine. Maybe not my eyebrows though...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
9.45...

On Mon 25 Sep 2017 03:16:26a, Ophelia told us...

> "Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
> 9.45...
>
> On Mon 25 Sep 2017 01:29:03a, Ophelia told us...
>
>> "S Viemeister" wrote in message
>>
>> On 9/24/2017 2:17 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't know about gas ovens with fans. Mine is electric. Can
>>> you get a gas oven with a fan???
>>>

>> My US oven is gas, with a switch to turn on the fan.
>> I don't think it works nearly as well as the fan on my electric
>> oven in Scotland.
>>
>>> I like a gas hob and an electric oven.
>>>

>> Me, too.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Thanks for the info on the gas oven! I will stick with my
>> electric one))
>>
>> Can you turn your fan off in the electric oven?
>>

> With my electric oven you first select either plain radiant heat
> or convection heat before presing the "start" button. If you
> happen to be using convection, you must turn the oven off and turn
> it on again using regular rediant heat.
>
> Wayne Boatwright
>

> ==
>
> I was asking Sheila about her UK oven.

Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to intefere. Hope you got your answer.

Wayne Boatwright

===

No, no, you didn't interfere. I was just explaining what that question was
for

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 10:29:36 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Oooopppppsssss!!!! Since you have the induction ... or would
> that be 'had'?
>
> Does this further your cause for a new stove??? ))
>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg8syllDtQc
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

The stove is fine. A wok can handle a fire just fine. Maybe not my eyebrows
though...

==

You still have eyebrows, eh? <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 8:53:37 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>>
>> On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 3:15:59 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>> "dsi1" wrote in message

>> We have a choice between convection and non-convection modes. I'm not sure
>> why a gas oven would even need a fan. You'd have great circulation since the
>> oven works like a chimney i.e., air flowing from the bottom to the top. I
>> don't use the convection feature much. My daughter does though.
>>
>> If I make a Dutch baby, I can't use the fan - it just stunts the growth. A
>> Dutch baby is a giant yorkie made with butter.
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...xTFghEkAlGgb82
>>
>> ===
>>
>> Wow that is a biggie))
>>
>> I don't know about gas ovens with fans. Mine is electric. Can you get a
>> gas oven with a fan???
>>
>> I like a gas hob and an electric oven.
>>

>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> My guess is that you cannot. I kinda wish that I had a gas hob so I can use a round bottom wok.

We have a gas stove and there's a fan. It's a Frigidaire, probably sole
in the US only.

Brit tea stains notbob General Cooking 20 07-07-2016 01:47 AM
them whacky siblings! Peter Lucas[_14_] General Cooking 0 03-07-2010 10:30 PM
Brit speak Zspider General Cooking 45 26-11-2004 08:04 AM
Storing temps versus serving temps SJP Wine 1 15-10-2004 01:56 PM
Brit visiting CA - good beer outlets? Bill Benzel Beer 3 22-09-2004 01:31 AM