Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bone Broth

On 9/24/2017 11:12 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I'm though with you on this subject.

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org...ntation-057jpg

Hide the Ho Ho's!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/24/2017 11:15 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Don't expect people to adapt to your own
> made-up definitions.
>
> -sw

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org...ntation-057jpg

Hide the Ho Ho's!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/24/2017 10:27 PM, Bruce wrote:
> Cheri is against criticism of store bought stuff. Careful or she'll
> killfile you.

I wish she'd icepick you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Casa de Masa" > wrote in message
news
> On 9/24/2017 10:27 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> Cheri is against criticism of store bought stuff. Careful or she'll
>> killfile you.

> I wish she'd icepick you.

I don't killfile anyone, and you have much more food related interesting
things to say than he does. He has become completely boring with his
ingredient lists and meat eating rants. :-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/25/2017 10:37 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "Casa de Masa" > wrote in message
> news
>> On 9/24/2017 10:27 PM, Bruce wrote:
>>> Cheri is against criticism of store bought stuff. Careful or she'll
>>> killfile you.

>> I wish she'd icepick you.

> I don't killfile anyone, and you have much more food related interesting
> things to say than he does. He has become completely boring with his
> ingredient lists and meat eating rants. :-)
>
> Cheri

I do my best, albeit the selfish sots who have to turn this into a
politics room make it a fools errand to try and maintain culinary fealty.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Casa de Masa" > wrote in message
news
> On 9/25/2017 10:37 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Casa de Masa" > wrote in message
>> news
>>>
>>> I wish she'd icepick you.

>> I don't killfile anyone, and you have much more food related interesting
>> things to say than he does. He has become completely boring with his
>> ingredient lists and meat eating rants. :-)
>>
>> Cheri

> I do my best, albeit the selfish sots who have to turn this into a
> politics room make it a fools errand to try and maintain culinary fealty.

I try not to get into politics and have participated in those threads
rarely, I saw what politics and religion have done to the home repair group,
still some good posters there, but a lot of nuts too. No thanks.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/25/2017 11:29 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "Casa de Masa" > wrote in message
> news
>> On 9/25/2017 10:37 AM, Cheri wrote:

>>> I don't killfile anyone, and you have much more food related
>>> interesting things to say than he does. He has become completely
>>> boring with his ingredient lists and meat eating rants. :-)
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> I do my best, albeit the selfish sots who have to turn this into a
>> politics room make it a fools errand to try and maintain culinary fealty.

> I try not to get into politics and have participated in those threads
> rarely,

I noticed as much.

>I saw what politics and religion have done to the home repair
> group, still some good posters there, but a lot of nuts too. No thanks.
>
> Cheri

I'm not familiar with that group, but the lesson is replicated many
times over.

Rec.crafts.metalworking is another that has been politics bombed to no
good end.

Selfish people act in selfish ways.

Selfish people HAVE to destroy topical relevance to service their own
petty needs.

Then they cry like puppies when they get spanked back twice as hard.

Oh well says I...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 10:29:14 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Casa de Masa" > wrote in message
>news
>> On 9/25/2017 10:37 AM, Cheri wrote:

>>> I don't killfile anyone, and you have much more food related interesting
>>> things to say than he does. He has become completely boring with his
>>> ingredient lists and meat eating rants. :-)
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> I do my best, albeit the selfish sots who have to turn this into a
>> politics room make it a fools errand to try and maintain culinary fealty.

>I try not to get into politics and have participated in those threads
>rarely, I saw what politics and religion have done to the home repair group,
>still some good posters there, but a lot of nuts too. No thanks.
>
>Cheri

You're chummy with the foulest mouth in this newsgroup, which makes
all your comments about good posters and bad posters useless. You're
too socially retarded to know the difference.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/25/2017 12:44 PM, Bruce wrote:
> You're chummy with the foulest mouth in this newsgroup,

___________
.;---------./|
// S O A P // |
|'---------'| /
'-----------'`

> which makes
> all your comments about good posters and bad posters useless.

> Troll logic:

, .
,~~~~~~~~. /| |\
(Oooooch...) {_;""\}
( *MHMPFF* )O o (* @'-,
\|||/ `~~~~~~~~" ,~ \~,""
(o o) ; , ("
,----ooO--(_)-------. | | |
| Please | /| | \
| don't feed the | ,(=~~==[])
| TROLL's ! | ( \`-' ;(
'--------------Ooo--' ) \ /\ \
|__|__| ( ) ) ) )
ooO Ooo |_\ |_\
> You're
> too socially retarded to know the difference.

_ /\
/ \__/ \
/ \
/ Auztardia \
\ \
\ _____ /
\_/ \__/
__
\/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 10:32:31 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:

> broth >>> is virtually tasteless compared to stock or broth.
> >>
> >> Not the stuff I have. Tastes very good!

> > Then it's not true bone broth. Bone broth is made from beef bones
> > and water - no meat, or less than 1% meat. If it tastes good then
> > its because manufacturers are adding stuff to it to make it more
> > saleable and passing it off as bone broth. Bone broth is (was) a
> > health concoction, not a culinary concoction by itself (but can be
> > used to add body to soups as long as you add other flavors).
> >
> > It appears that manufacturers have changed the definition lately to
> > capitalize on it purported health benefits. But they have to
> > adulterate it to sell it.
> >
> > -sw

> current recipes for it contain the same stuff that you would find in
> regular broth - some veggies and perhaps salt.
> Janet US

Yes. Been around for ages too, it's not particularily new. I do note
the term broth vs. stock in common *usage* is flexible. Here's what's
really going on:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...vs-chicken-bro
th

It's actually bone stock we seem to be talking about. The weaker,
shorter cooked broth wouldnt taste like much of anything. That's being
pedantic though and I have no problem understanding in some areas, they
really don't use the two terms distinctly. My area of the south
specifically uses them interchangably. Because of that I tend to say
'consomme' not to confuse, but mean one that gels in the fridge.

Long, low, slow cooking makes the best type regardless if it's a
poultry based or beef based one. Made with poultry bones, with almost
all meat pulled off (after baking a chicken, duck, turkey), it's
definately got a lot of flavor. So much so, the weak stuff from the
store is useless in cooking to me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 07:42:38 -0400, Gary wrote:
> >
> > > Bone Broth is just the new trending name for stock. Made with
> > > bones. Same exact thing. It's just a marketing ploy to make
> > > people buy something they think might be new and improved.

> > Bone broth is very different from regular stock or broth. Bone
> > broth is virtually tasteless compared to stock or broth.

> Wrong. Bone broth is just a trending new description of stock.
> Don't look that up and go exact on us. Give me a break.
>
> -broth is made from meat only
> -stock is made from bones with nips of meat
> -true stock is made from bones with all meat
> stripped completely. No one does that.
>
> I've never made just broth - meat only.
> I do make broth/stock often (that's a combo
> of meat and bones)
> Normal definition of stock is like pick the roast Thanksgiving
> turkey clean the make stock out of the bones/carcass.
>
> That stock is very flavorful, much more than a chicken carcass
> picked clean.
>
> You're just being difficult. Stock as defined is bone broth.
> Same exact things just two names. Pay more for the nifty
> new name.

Classic case of the way the terms are really used interchangably. Very
much true in our local area.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 11:55:03 -0400, Gary wrote:
>
> > Sqwertz wrote:

> >> Bone broth is very different from regular stock or broth. Bone

> broth >> is virtually tasteless compared to stock or broth.
> >
> > Wrong. Bone broth is just a trending new description of stock.
> > Don't look that up and go exact on us. Give me a break.
> >
> > -broth is made from meat only
> > -stock is made from bones with nips of meat
> > -true stock is made from bones with all meat
> > stripped completely. No one does that.
> >
> > I've never made just broth - meat only.
> > I do make broth/stock often (that's a combo
> > of meat and bones)
> > Normal definition of stock is like pick the roast Thanksgiving
> > turkey clean the make stock out of the bones/carcass.
> >
> > That stock is very flavorful, much more than a chicken carcass
> > picked clean.
> >
> > You're just being difficult. Stock as defined is bone broth.
> > Same exact things just two names. Pay more for the nifty
> > new name.

> I don't think I like your attitude. Read my response to Julie from a
> half-hour before this and then go take a time out. I'll tell you when
> your time's up.
>
> -sw

Humm, you've never made it then. Thats why the difference isnt
apparent to you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "U.S. Janet B." wrote:
> >
> > my stores don't sell the bone broth for twice as much. There's
> > either just a couple cents difference or they just carry the bone
> > broth at the regular price.

> I will admit, lots of chicken stock at a certain price.
> The one chicken bone broth was from a different company.
> Same size box but almost twice as costly.
>
> So my comparison wasn't with the same brand, which would have
> been a more fair comparison.
>
> Hey though..just the name "bone broth" is wrong anyway. All from
> bones, it's the classic definition of stock.
>
> But Stevers wants to argue about pure bones...every morsel of
> meat scraped off of bones. what a choad.

Grin, come post Thanksgiving, all but idiots or those with too few to
feed a whole turkey, will probably be making turkey stock from the
leftover bits. They will save off all the usable meat. There will be
some meat (and possibly skin along the back) but mostly bones and
joints. If they are wise, they will use a crockpot and just let it 'do
it's thing' for 24 hours or so then remove the inedible parts.

The best description is here.

http://www.marthastewart.com/269001/broth-basics

Sheldon is actually right that consomme is clarified, but most of us
recognize it as a jelled soup base so I tend to use that term. My
usage of that is based on what folks called it where I've lived.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/25/2017 9:31 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Stop humping my posts,

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org...ntation-057jpg

Hide the Ho Ho's!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/25/2017 12:37 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Casa de Masa" > wrote in message
> news
>> On 9/24/2017 10:27 PM, Bruce wrote:
>>> Cheri is against criticism of store bought stuff. Careful or she'll
>>> killfile you.

>> I wish she'd icepick you.

> I don't killfile anyone, and you have much more food related interesting
> things to say than he does. He has become completely boring with his
> ingredient lists and meat eating rants. :-)
>
> Cheri

I do agree his ingredients lists and meat eating rants are getting old.

I'll eat meat whenever I darn well feel like it. I also enjoy fish and
lots of other sea food. And lots of vegetables.

Jill