Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bone Broth

On 9/22/2017 7:44 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 20:39:54 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
>> Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec...._zt24/Z9oCO8kt

>>> cshenk is phobic of being wrong. If the subject will be pursued,
>>> she'll start complicated tribal dances to create such think smoke
>>> screens that nobody realizes how wrong she was anymore. Or so she
>>> thinks, but we all know better

>> There is a difference in disagreeing that a pressure cooker used by a
>> chef on a time budget leads to the same product as a long slow cooking,
>> and whatever you think.
>>
>> You have yet to ever post a recipe. Even Julie has posted some. Some
>> of them were even decent if plain by my standards.

> And there's that smoke screen!

GO on then troll - recipe up!

Or bugger off forever, you asshole!~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 20:39:54 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec...._zt24/Z9oCO8kt
>> >
>> > Sorry Victor, disagree.

>> cshenk is phobic of being wrong. If the subject will be pursued,
>> she'll start complicated tribal dances to create such think smoke
>> screens that nobody realizes how wrong she was anymore. Or so she
>> thinks, but we all know better

>There is a difference in disagreeing that a pressure cooker used by a
>chef on a time budget leads to the same product as a long slow cooking,
>and whatever you think.

snip

taste tests have shown that of the three (side by side testing),
standard cooking, pressure cooking and slow cooker cooking that slow
cooker cooking produces the poorest results of taste, mouth feel and
mineral extraction while the other two produce equal results.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 02:54:07 +0100, Janet > wrote:

>In article >,
>says...

>> >And if it doesn't gel well: as I'm sure you know, it just wasn't
>> >concentrated enough.
>> >
>> >Bone Broth is just the new trending name for stock. Made with
>> >bones. Same exact thing. It's just a marketing ploy to make
>> >people buy something they think might be new and improved.
>> >
>> >I looked this morning at the grocery store. Side by side chicken
>> >(or beef) stock and chicken (or beef) bone broth. Probably came
>> >from the same cooked batch but they charge twice the price for
>> >the nifty new bone broth.

>> snip
>> my stores don't sell the bone broth for twice as much. There's either
>> just a couple cents difference or they just carry the bone broth at
>> the regular price.
>> Way back when I was a new bride I had read that if you have any lemon
>> in your kitchen, to add it to your pot when making broth as it would
>> help pull the minerals from the bone.

> Thanks for tip. There's always something new to be learned from rfc.
>

> I continue that today. The cut
>> halves of lemon along with celery, carrot, onion, mushroom and bell
>> pepper are all in that bag of stuff that I keep in my freezer for
>> making broth. There's another bag full of chicken parts/trimmings and
>> another for beef. So when we are having a cold dreary day I am all
>> set to make some comfort by making broth.
>> Janet US

> I make stock with the carcases of roast chicken; it might have been
>you who once suggested saving them in the freezer to cook up together,
>another useful tip. I also save the heels of celery heads and the hard
>rinds from parmesan, to go in the stockpot.
>
> Janet UK

sf is the one who saves roasted chicken carcasses for broth. You're
right though, throwing out stuff like that makes no sense.

Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017, Thomas wrote:

> Ok, what is bone broth?

What we used to call "stock". It's a stupid affectation they've created
to make it sound like something magical. It's not. It's just
old-fashioned stock, made with bones.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2017 10:13 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> bone broth will cost you another $20.
>
> -sw

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org...ntation-057jpg

Hide the Ho Ho's!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"barbie gee" > wrote in message
crg.pbz...

> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017, Thomas wrote:
>
>> Ok, what is bone broth?
>>

> What we used to call "stock". It's a stupid affectation they've created
> to make it sound like something magical. It's not. It's just
> old-fashioned stock, made with bones.

So true, they do that a lot with many terms these days. It's laughable
really.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet" > wrote in message
.. .
> In article >,
> says...

>> >And if it doesn't gel well: as I'm sure you know, it just wasn't
>> >concentrated enough.
>> >
>> >Bone Broth is just the new trending name for stock. Made with
>> >bones. Same exact thing. It's just a marketing ploy to make
>> >people buy something they think might be new and improved.
>> >
>> >I looked this morning at the grocery store. Side by side chicken
>> >(or beef) stock and chicken (or beef) bone broth. Probably came
>> >from the same cooked batch but they charge twice the price for
>> >the nifty new bone broth.

>> snip
>> my stores don't sell the bone broth for twice as much. There's either
>> just a couple cents difference or they just carry the bone broth at
>> the regular price.
>> Way back when I was a new bride I had read that if you have any lemon
>> in your kitchen, to add it to your pot when making broth as it would
>> help pull the minerals from the bone.

> Thanks for tip. There's always something new to be learned from rfc.
>

> I continue that today. The cut
>> halves of lemon along with celery, carrot, onion, mushroom and bell
>> pepper are all in that bag of stuff that I keep in my freezer for
>> making broth. There's another bag full of chicken parts/trimmings and
>> another for beef. So when we are having a cold dreary day I am all
>> set to make some comfort by making broth.
>> Janet US

> I make stock with the carcases of roast chicken; it might have been
> you who once suggested saving them in the freezer to cook up together,
> another useful tip. I also save the heels of celery heads and the hard
> rinds from parmesan, to go in the stockpot.
>
> Janet UK

My Parmesan rinds go into soup.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"barbie gee" > wrote in message
crg.pbz...

> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017, Thomas wrote:
>
>> Ok, what is bone broth?
>>

> What we used to call "stock". It's a stupid affectation they've created
> to make it sound like something magical. It's not. It's just
> old-fashioned stock, made with bones.

Nope.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message
news
> "barbie gee" > wrote in message
> crg.pbz...
>>

>> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017, Thomas wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, what is bone broth?
>>>

>> What we used to call "stock". It's a stupid affectation they've created
>> to make it sound like something magical. It's not. It's just
>> old-fashioned stock, made with bones.

> So true, they do that a lot with many terms these days. It's laughable
> really.

I don't think that's true. Bone broth has more protein in it.

https://www.epicurious.com/ingredien...-broth-article

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 07:42:38 -0400, Gary wrote:
>
>> Bone Broth is just the new trending name for stock. Made with
>> bones. Same exact thing. It's just a marketing ploy to make
>> people buy something they think might be new and improved.

> Bone broth is very different from regular stock or broth. Bone broth
> is virtually tasteless compared to stock or broth.

Not the stuff I have. Tastes very good!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
news

> "Cheri" > wrote in message
> news
>> "barbie gee" > wrote in message
>> crg.pbz...

>>> What we used to call "stock". It's a stupid affectation they've created
>>> to make it sound like something magical. It's not. It's just
>>> old-fashioned stock, made with bones.

>> So true, they do that a lot with many terms these days. It's laughable
>> really.

> I don't think that's true. Bone broth has more protein in it.
>
> https://www.epicurious.com/ingredien...-broth-article

It's still just stock and I really don't see any difference except in the
name, more protein in stock is just a matter of what you put in it.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
news

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 07:42:38 -0400, Gary wrote:
>>
>>> Bone Broth is just the new trending name for stock. Made with
>>> bones. Same exact thing. It's just a marketing ploy to make
>>> people buy something they think might be new and improved.

>> Bone broth is very different from regular stock or broth. Bone broth
>> is virtually tasteless compared to stock or broth.

> Not the stuff I have. Tastes very good!

Agree, nothing tasteless about it.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2017 10:17 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Bone broth
> is virtually tasteless

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org...ntation-057jpg

Hide the Ho Ho's!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/23/2017 9:32 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> But they have to
> adulterate it

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org...ntation-057jpg

Hide the Ho Ho's!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 07:42:38 -0400, Gary wrote:
>
> > Bone Broth is just the new trending name for stock. Made with
> > bones. Same exact thing. It's just a marketing ploy to make
> > people buy something they think might be new and improved.

> Bone broth is very different from regular stock or broth. Bone broth
> is virtually tasteless compared to stock or broth.

Wrong. Bone broth is just a trending new description of stock.
Don't look that up and go exact on us. Give me a break.

-broth is made from meat only
-stock is made from bones with nips of meat
-true stock is made from bones with all meat
stripped completely. No one does that.

I've never made just broth - meat only.
I do make broth/stock often (that's a combo
of meat and bones)
Normal definition of stock is like pick the roast Thanksgiving
turkey clean the make stock out of the bones/carcass.

That stock is very flavorful, much more than a chicken carcass
picked clean.

You're just being difficult. Stock as defined is bone broth.
Same exact things just two names. Pay more for the nifty
new name.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/23/2017 9:55 AM, Gary wrote:
> You're just being difficult. Stock as defined is bone broth.
> Same exact things just two names. Pay more for the nifty
> new name

+ 1!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Casa de Masa" > wrote in message
news
> On 9/23/2017 9:55 AM, Gary wrote:
>> You're just being difficult. Stock as defined is bone broth.
>> Same exact things just two names. Pay more for the nifty
>> new name

> + 1!

Or use the term to sound superior. LOL

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/23/2017 10:09 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "Casa de Masa" > wrote in message
> news
>> On 9/23/2017 9:55 AM, Gary wrote:
>>> You're just being difficult. Stock as defined is bone broth.
>>> Same exact things just two names. Pay more for the nifty
>>> new name

>> *+ 1!

> Or use the term to sound superior. LOL
>
> Cheri

Ayup!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 23:13:22 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 08:45:39 -0600, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> Commercially packed cut bare beef bones available by the large bag in
>> the frozen meats section at my Winco supermarket. Just exactly like
>> what we used to be able to get in the meat department for free. Don't
>> know about yours. I've never priced them because I don't do much with
>> beef broth but it is clear what is in the bag. Bag is about the size
>> of plastic shopping bag from the supermarket.

>Whole Foods sells them for a mere $4/lb. And the Whole Foods one-hour
>class on making bone broth will cost you another $20.
>
>-sw

wow. the dog really got some good treats I can remember my mother
asking the butcher for a soup bone. It was free.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 10:32:31 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 01:14:57 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Bone broth is very different from regular stock or broth. Bone broth
>>> is virtually tasteless compared to stock or broth.

>> Not the stuff I have. Tastes very good!

>Then it's not true bone broth. Bone broth is made from beef bones and
>water - no meat, or less than 1% meat. If it tastes good then its
>because manufacturers are adding stuff to it to make it more saleable
>and passing it off as bone broth. Bone broth is (was) a health
>concoction, not a culinary concoction by itself (but can be used to
>add body to soups as long as you add other flavors).
>
>It appears that manufacturers have changed the definition lately to
>capitalize on it purported health benefits. But they have to
>adulterate it to sell it.
>
>-sw

current recipes for it contain the same stuff that you would find in
regular broth - some veggies and perhaps salt.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> I don't think that's true. Bone broth has more protein in it.

Get a life, Julie. A few posts back in this thread you had no
idea what bone broth was. And bones have always creaped you out.
Now you are an expert and giving opposing opinions? lol

Bone broth is the same as stock. All made with mostly bones which
YOU would never deal with in the first place. For opinions, you
should stick to what you know and are experienced with. Anyone
can google the subject and chime in. Stevers did. He knows
nothing at all either except what an internet search told him.

Hey....even the name is all wrong. Bone Broth should be called
Bone Stock.
It's a marketing ploy...New product name will get people to try
the new product.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/23/2017 11:00 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I don't think I like your attitude.

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org...ntation-057jpg

Hide the Ho Ho's!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

> my stores don't sell the bone broth for twice as much. There's either
> just a couple cents difference or they just carry the bone broth at
> the regular price.

I will admit, lots of chicken stock at a certain price.
The one chicken bone broth was from a different company.
Same size box but almost twice as costly.

So my comparison wasn't with the same brand, which would have
been a more fair comparison.

Hey though..just the name "bone broth" is wrong anyway. All from
bones, it's the classic definition of stock.

But Stevers wants to argue about pure bones...every morsel of
meat scraped off of bones. what a choad.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/23/2017 11:31 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Somebody had **** Wheaties this morning.

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org...ntation-057jpg

Hide the Ho Ho's!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/23/2017 12:22 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> When's the last time you got laid?
>
> -sw

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org...ntation-057jpg

Hide the Ho Ho's!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Somebody had **** Wheaties this morning.

Funny comment there, Steve. I grew up eating Wheaties. I loved
that stuff.
Going to the grocery store tomorrow to buy fresh milk and other
things.
I might add a small box of Wheaties for old time sake.
It's been MANY years so that would be a blast from the past.

> My experience with bone broth was how it used to be made. Not how
> manufacturers are adulterating it now for marketing purposes.

Bone broth never was "used to be made." It was called stock.
And it still should be. Broth comes from meat, not bones.
Bone broth would just be the nifty new way to describe mostly
bones with some meat still attached. It's just a marketing ploy
to sell stock under a new coined name. Get real.

> And I
> said as much. I didn't look anything up on the Internet as YOU did
> (otherwise I would have known how it was currently marketed, duh).
>
> -sw

Bone broth is not even broth. By definition, broth is made with
meat only. Use bones and it's called stock. Right back at you.
You certainly did research it all.

I've never claimed to make broth or stock. I always call it
broth/stock. What I make is a combination of both.

Oh wait, I do make turkey STOCK once a year. Carcass with all
meat picked off and frozen. The skeleton of a turkey (along with
tiny bits) makes a good stock. It fits the definition. If I want
to be a cool kid after this thanksgiving, I'll call it bone
broth. It's trending now on the mainland.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 11:55:03 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 07:42:38 -0400, Gary wrote:
>>
>> > Bone Broth is just the new trending name for stock. Made with
>> > bones. Same exact thing. It's just a marketing ploy to make
>> > people buy something they think might be new and improved.

>> Bone broth is very different from regular stock or broth. Bone broth
>> is virtually tasteless compared to stock or broth.

>Wrong. Bone broth is just a trending new description of stock.
>Don't look that up and go exact on us. Give me a break.
>
>-broth is made from meat only
>-stock is made from bones with nips of meat
>-true stock is made from bones with all meat
> stripped completely. No one does that.
>
>I've never made just broth - meat only.
>I do make broth/stock often (that's a combo
>of meat and bones)
>Normal definition of stock is like pick the roast Thanksgiving
>turkey clean the make stock out of the bones/carcass.
>
>That stock is very flavorful, much more than a chicken carcass
>picked clean.
>
>You're just being difficult. Stock as defined is bone broth.
>Same exact things just two names. Pay more for the nifty
>new name.

All BS, whether broth or consomme depends on whether stock is
clarified. There is no such thing as "bone broth" because broth is
clarified stock. Bone broth is definately not a culinary term, sounds
like a Madison Ave. advertising term for squeezing dollars out of
imbeciles who never cook.
Most home cooks do not clarify their stock... I only clarify stock
when I'm making Jewish Penicilian; clear golden soup.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 5:23:55 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> I know, I know. I *could* make my own but I won't. This stuff was super hot
> for awhile. Has it fallen out of favor? I ran out. Tried to buy some at Fred
> Meyer but the only kind they had was in the health food section and they
> wanted over $7 for a tiny carton. I did order some online from Walmart, the
> Sam's Choice brand. It tastes good. And it's cheap!
>
> Has something else replaced bone broth now? I think it has more protein than
> the regular broth.

I've had a few bowls of tonkotsu ramen which has the most amazing pork broth I have ever seen. It was as if there was butter somehow integrated into the soup, yet it wasn't greasy. It's like a butter broth except that it's made from pork bones. How they get it to be white is some kind of magic. Some pork bone broth ramen is ok but when they get it right, it's sublime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RljeKmq5XBQ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017, Julie Bove wrote:

> "barbie gee" > wrote in message
> crg.pbz...
>>

>> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017, Thomas wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, what is bone broth?
>>>

>> What we used to call "stock". It's a stupid affectation they've created to
>> make it sound like something magical. It's not. It's just old-fashioned
>> stock, made with bones.

> Nope.

yeah, yeah, prove me wrong.
That link to epicurious is vague and indistinct in the difference. Sounds
like a stock variant, not a "new thing" called "bone broth".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"barbie gee" > wrote in message
hcrg.pbz...

> On Sat, 23 Sep 2017, Julie Bove wrote:
>

>> "barbie gee" > wrote in message
>> crg.pbz...

>>> What we used to call "stock". It's a stupid affectation they've created
>>> to make it sound like something magical. It's not. It's just
>>> old-fashioned stock, made with bones.

>> Nope.

> yeah, yeah, prove me wrong.
> That link to epicurious is vague and indistinct in the difference. Sounds
> like a stock variant, not a "new thing" called "bone broth".

Agreed, it's BS, and that doesn't stand for bone broth.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" wrote:
> > Bone broth is very different from regular stock or broth. Bone broth
> > is virtually tasteless compared to stock or broth.

> Not the stuff I have. Tastes very good!

Wow. Julie, yesterday you didn't even know what "bone broth" was,
now you say that you have some and have even used it to know that
it tastes very good? please spare us.

If you're going to tell lies, at least write down the fake info
so you will remember what you said and claimed. busted!

You have just lost face here. Your name is mud.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Sqwertz" wrote:
>> > Bone broth is very different from regular stock or broth. Bone broth
>> > is virtually tasteless compared to stock or broth.

>> Not the stuff I have. Tastes very good!

> Wow. Julie, yesterday you didn't even know what "bone broth" was,
> now you say that you have some and have even used it to know that
> it tastes very good? please spare us.
>
> If you're going to tell lies, at least write down the fake info
> so you will remember what you said and claimed. busted!
>
> You have just lost face here. Your name is mud.

I buy and use bone broth. I don't make the stuff and I didn't have a carton
to read the ingredients. Where are the lies?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 12:04:57 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Gary" > wrote in message ...
>> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Not the stuff I have. Tastes very good!

>> Wow. Julie, yesterday you didn't even know what "bone broth" was,
>> now you say that you have some and have even used it to know that
>> it tastes very good? please spare us.
>>
>> If you're going to tell lies, at least write down the fake info
>> so you will remember what you said and claimed. busted!
>>
>> You have just lost face here. Your name is mud.

> I buy and use bone broth. I don't make the stuff and I didn't have a carton
>to read the ingredients. Where are the lies?

If it's your post it's ALL lies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 17:53:17 -0500, cshenk wrote:
>
> > Thomas wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> >
> >> Ok, what is bone broth?

> > Bone broth is made mostly with bones and little meat. It will jell
> > to consomme and have a deep flavor.

> Consomme is made from meat and tendon, not bones.
>
> -sw

Consomme just means it jells. There are many ways to get it to do
that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> news
> >
> >"Cheri" > wrote in message

> news > > wrote in message
> crg.pbz...

> > > So true, they do that a lot with many terms these days. It's
> > > laughable really.

> > I don't think that's true. Bone broth has more protein in it.
> >
> > https://www.epicurious.com/ingredien...k-broth-bone-b
> > roth-article

> It's still just stock and I really don't see any difference except in
> the name, more protein in stock is just a matter of what you put in
> it.
>
> Cheri

Hi Cheri, I think the diference is the real stuff you can make at home,
vs. the palid stuff from the store. HUGE difference there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 23:23:12 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Cheri wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> news
>> >
>> >"Cheri" > wrote in message

>> news >> > wrote in message
>> crg.pbz...

>> > I don't think that's true. Bone broth has more protein in it.
>> >
>> > https://www.epicurious.com/ingredien...k-broth-bone-b
>> > roth-article

>> It's still just stock and I really don't see any difference except in
>> the name, more protein in stock is just a matter of what you put in
>> it.
>>
>> Cheri

>Hi Cheri, I think the diference is the real stuff you can make at home,
>vs. the palid stuff from the store. HUGE difference there.

Cheri is against criticism of store bought stuff. Careful or she'll
killfile you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 23:18:47 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> > Bone broth is made mostly with bones and little meat. It will jell
>> > to consomme and have a deep flavor.

>> Consomme is made from meat and tendon, not bones.
>>
>> -sw

>Consomme just means it jells. There are many ways to get it to do
>that.

Failed Culinary 101!
Consomme is CLARIFIED stock.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consomm%C3%A9