Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Real names for popular foods

On 9/20/2017 21:35, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Truth in labeling
>
> https://imgur.com/gallery/ogeRw

Thanks for the laughs!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2017 21:41, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 9/20/2017 9:35 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> Truth in labeling
>>
>> https://imgur.com/gallery/ogeRw

> So funny.
>
> (but I have eaten junior mints outside of the movies)
>
> nancy

I think I'll put some on my shopping list! Or maybe chocolate covered
mint cookies (nary a Girl Scout in sight).

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Truth in labeling

https://imgur.com/gallery/ogeRw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2017 9:35 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Truth in labeling
>
> https://imgur.com/gallery/ogeRw

So funny.

(but I have eaten junior mints outside of the movies)

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> Truth in labeling
>
> https://imgur.com/gallery/ogeRw

Too funny! When Angela was little, she had a fascination with the little
Lunchables. We mainly only got them for picnics. We usually went on a lunch
picnic when my parents came to visit. I'd make or we'd buy sandwiches along
the way and also some fruit, veggies and maybe cheese. She didn't like
sandwiches so wouldn't eat them. She actually wouldn't eat much of the
Lunchable either but she always wanted them.

At some point, the supermarket sold "cracker cuts" meat and cheeses that
were just the right size for a Ritz. Ah but they didn't come in a cute
little package so they never got eaten. Didn't even work if I put them in my
own containers. Kids!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2017 7:35 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Truth in labeling
>
> https://imgur.com/gallery/ogeRw

LOL!

Wishing they had:

https://justedible.files.wordpress.c.../pie-small.jpg

...truth in labeling...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 14:03, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 9/21/2017 11:46 AM, l not -l wrote:

>>> I think I'll put some on my shopping list!Â* Or maybe chocolate
>>> covered
>>> mint cookies (nary a Girl Scout in sight).

> I never see the Girl Scouts when I need them.
>
>> While I know I should eat them, yesterday I picked up a small
>> package of York Peppermint Patty Mini's.Â* They are about the same
>> size as Junior Mints.Â* I ate 4 pieces and put the rest away for
>> another day.Â* After a long period of abstaining, they were even
>> better than I remember; I was a very happy "boy".

> Once in a while I like some Peppermint Patty's, too.Â* I guess
> I like the whole chocolate/mint thing.
>
> nancy

I like mint chip ice cream, too. Dang, another thing for my shopping list!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 11:46, l not -l wrote:
> On 20-Sep-2017, jmcquown > wrote:

>>> So funny.
>>>
>>> (but I have eaten junior mints outside of the movies)
>>>
>>> nancy

>> I think I'll put some on my shopping list! Or maybe chocolate
>> covered
>> mint cookies (nary a Girl Scout in sight).

> While I know I should eat them, yesterday I picked up a small
> package of York Peppermint Patty Mini's. They are about the same
> size as Junior Mints. I ate 4 pieces and put the rest away for
> another day. After a long period of abstaining, they were even
> better than I remember; I was a very happy "boy".

I'd recommend putting them in the freezer.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 11:46 AM, l not -l wrote:
> On 20-Sep-2017, jmcquown > wrote:

>>> So funny.
>>>
>>> (but I have eaten junior mints outside of the movies)

>> I think I'll put some on my shopping list! Or maybe chocolate
>> covered
>> mint cookies (nary a Girl Scout in sight).

I never see the Girl Scouts when I need them.

> While I know I should eat them, yesterday I picked up a small
> package of York Peppermint Patty Mini's. They are about the same
> size as Junior Mints. I ate 4 pieces and put the rest away for
> another day. After a long period of abstaining, they were even
> better than I remember; I was a very happy "boy".

Once in a while I like some Peppermint Patty's, too. I guess
I like the whole chocolate/mint thing.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> Once in a while I like some Peppermint Patty's, too. I guess
> I like the whole chocolate/mint thing.
>
> nancy

I love frozen Peppermint Patty's.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:17:52 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>
>> Once in a while I like some Peppermint Patty's, too. I guess
>> I like the whole chocolate/mint thing.
>>
>> nancy

>I love frozen Peppermint Patty's.

If you tell me which brand, I'll look up the ingredients for you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:17:25 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 21:35:28 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> Truth in labeling
>>
>> https://imgur.com/gallery/ogeRw

>The second ingredient in Hostess Cherry Pies is "Cherries". And they
>*are* called FRUIT pies. I don't like any sort of fruit pies, but I
>had one of these relatively recently and it was pretty damned good
>from all that extra fat and sugar.

Oh cool, Steve's into ingredients too. Well, I give you Hostess Cherry
Fruit Pies:

"enriched wheat flour (flour, ferrous sulfate (iron), b vitamins
(niacin, thiamine mononitrate (b1), riboflavin (b2), folic acid)),
cherries, water, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil (soybean,
cottonseed and/or canola oil, beef fat), high fructose corn syrup,
vegetable oil (palm, soybean), sugar, corn syrup, glycerine, contains
2% or less of: modified corn starch, soy flour, salt, whey, soy
protein isolate, calcium and sodium caseinate, calcium carbonate,
calcium sulfate, agar, locust bean gum, dextrose, sodium phosphate,
cornstarch, natural and artificial flavors, sodium propionate and
sorbic acid (to retain freshness), fd&c red 40, yellow 5, blue 1."

I love that they add a bit of locust bean gum. It adds just that
little touch of je ne sais quoi!

And again, "to retain freshness". That's so good that they pay extra
attention to that. They really love their customers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 1:17 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> it was pretty damned good
> from all that extra fat and sugar.
>
> =sw

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org...ntation-057jpg

Hide the Ho Ho's!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 2:34 PM, Bruce wrote:
> They really love their customers.

Does ANYTHING love YOU???
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:17:52 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Once in a while I like some Peppermint Patty's, too. I guess
>>> I like the whole chocolate/mint thing.
>>>
>>> nancy

>>I love frozen Peppermint Patty's.

> If you tell me which brand, I'll look up the ingredients for you.

No thanks, as they say..."tell someone who gives a damn" because I don't.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 15:43:01 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:17:52 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>I love frozen Peppermint Patty's.

>> If you tell me which brand, I'll look up the ingredients for you.

>No thanks, as they say..."tell someone who gives a damn" because I don't.

You don't care what you put in your mouth. That's amazing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 4:48 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 15:43:01 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message

>>> If you tell me which brand, I'll look up the ingredients for you.

>> No thanks, as they say..."tell someone who gives a damn" because I don't.

> You don't care what you put in your mouth. That's amazing.

Shut it, troll!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 5:09 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 21-Sep-2017, Bruce > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 15:43:01 -0700, "Cheri"
>> >
>> wrote:

>>> No thanks, as they say..."tell someone who gives a damn"
>>> because I don't.

>> You don't care what you put in your mouth. That's amazing.

> Even more amozing, you seem to care too much what others eat.

Trollish concern is like a old dull knife, it cuts when and where you
least expect it to...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/JhE0Hp8S-KU/hqdefault.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 23:09:03 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

>On 21-Sep-2017, Bruce > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 15:43:01 -0700, "Cheri"
>> >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >"Bruce" > wrote in message
>> .. .

>> >No thanks, as they say..."tell someone who gives a damn"
>> >because I don't.

>> You don't care what you put in your mouth. That's amazing.

>Even more amozing, you seem to care too much what others eat.

I aim to inform.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 08:48:34 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 15:43:01 -0700, "Cheri" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> If you tell me which brand, I'll look up the ingredients for you.

>>No thanks, as they say..."tell someone who gives a damn" because I don't.

>You don't care what you put in your mouth. That's amazing.

Neither do I, I just don't put too much of anything in it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 5:25 PM, Bruce wrote:
> I aim to inform.

Bullshit!

You aim to TROLL.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 7:09 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 21-Sep-2017, Bruce > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 15:43:01 -0700, "Cheri"
>> >
>> wrote:

>>> No thanks, as they say..."tell someone who gives a damn"
>>> because I don't.

>> You don't care what you put in your mouth. That's amazing.

> Even more amozing, you seem to care too much what others eat.

Ain't that the truth! Sheesh, Ed posted a link to a joke site and Bruce
has to get all serious about it.

I suppose Bruce is one of those who thinks something like "vegetarian"
faux meat is somehow better. Look up the ingredients list for 'Boca
Burgers' sometime.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 15:09:47 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 9/21/2017 7:09 PM, l not -l wrote:
>> On 21-Sep-2017, Bruce > wrote:

>>> You don't care what you put in your mouth. That's amazing.

>> Even more amozing, you seem to care too much what others eat.
>>

>Ain't that the truth! Sheesh, Ed posted a link to a joke site and Bruce
>has to get all serious about it.

I didn't say anything about Ed's link.

>I suppose Bruce is one of those who thinks something like "vegetarian"
>faux meat is somehow better. Look up the ingredients list for 'Boca
>Burgers' sometime.

Yes, faux meat can be a science project. Did I never deny that?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 23:38:38 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 15:09:47 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Ain't that the truth! Sheesh, Ed posted a link to a joke site and Bruce
>> has to get all serious about it.

>Most of you still haven't figured out Bruce yet <sigh>.

That's because I have a complicated personality, Supermarket Steve.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2017 10:38 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Most of you still haven't figured out Bruce

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org...ntation-057jpg

Hide the Ho Ho's!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wow, the Girl Scouts around here have tables set up everywhere...inside regular supermarkets,
in front of mall shops, at movie complexes.....hard to miss them.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

That's a funny link, but nothing will make me dislike Hostess Snoballs...although they seem
to be much smaller than they used to be.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 17:27:12 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>That's a funny link, but nothing will make me dislike Hostess Snoballs...

Not even the ingredient list?

sugar, water, corn syrup, enriched bleached wheat flour [flour,
reduced iron, b vitamins (niacin, thiamine mononitrate (b1),
riboflavin (b2), folic acid)], coconut (sulfite treated), high
fructose corn syrup, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil (soybean,
cottonseed and/or canola oil, beef fat), mono and diglycerides,
polysorbate 60, soy lecithin. contains 2% or less of: cocoa, palm oil,
soybean oil, glycerine, sugar, corn starch, pork gelatin, modified
corn starch, glucose, cocoa (processed with alkali), baking soda,
salt, whey, leavenings (sodium acid pyrophosphate, baking soda,
cornstarch, and monocalcium phosphate), whole eggs, sugar, dextrose,
wheat flour, enzymes, xanthan gum, cellulose gum, natural and
artificial flavor. coatings contain: blue (fd&c blue 1 lake); green
(yellow 5 lake, blue 1 lake); lavender (blue 2 lake, carmine, red 40
lake); orange (yellow 6 lake); pink (carmine, red 40 lake); teal (blue
1 lake, yellow 5 lake); yellow (yellow 5 lake).

Yumm!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 17:27:12 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> > wrote:
>
>>That's a funny link, but nothing will make me dislike Hostess Snoballs...

> Not even the ingredient list?
>
> sugar, water, corn syrup, enriched bleached wheat flour [flour,
> reduced iron, b vitamins (niacin, thiamine mononitrate (b1),
> riboflavin (b2), folic acid)], coconut (sulfite treated), high
> fructose corn syrup, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil (soybean,
> cottonseed and/or canola oil, beef fat), mono and diglycerides,
> polysorbate 60, soy lecithin. contains 2% or less of: cocoa, palm oil,
> soybean oil, glycerine, sugar, corn starch, pork gelatin, modified
> corn starch, glucose, cocoa (processed with alkali), baking soda,
> salt, whey, leavenings (sodium acid pyrophosphate, baking soda,
> cornstarch, and monocalcium phosphate), whole eggs, sugar, dextrose,
> wheat flour, enzymes, xanthan gum, cellulose gum, natural and
> artificial flavor. coatings contain: blue (fd&c blue 1 lake); green
> (yellow 5 lake, blue 1 lake); lavender (blue 2 lake, carmine, red 40
> lake); orange (yellow 6 lake); pink (carmine, red 40 lake); teal (blue
> 1 lake, yellow 5 lake); yellow (yellow 5 lake).
>
> Yumm!

You have officially passed my tiresome threshold and need to be sat in a
corner for awhile.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 18:01:08 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 17:27:12 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>That's a funny link, but nothing will make me dislike Hostess Snoballs...

>> Not even the ingredient list?

<horrific science project snipped>

>> Yumm!

>You have officially passed my tiresome threshold and need to be sat in a
>corner for awhile.

Don't shoot the messenger!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/23/2017 7:39 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 18:01:08 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>>> On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 17:27:12 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2

>>> Not even the ingredient list?
>>>

> <horrific science project snipped>
>>>
>>> Yumm!

>> You have officially passed my tiresome threshold and need to be sat in a
>> corner for awhile.

> Don't shoot the messenger!

In your case?

Highly advisable.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 2:27:16 PM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:
> That's a funny link, but nothing will make me dislike Hostess Snoballs...although they seem
> to be much smaller than they used to be.
>
> N.

I like Snowballs too. When I was a kid, I was always taking things apart. This is how one learns how the world works. Whenever I eat a Snowball, I'll take it apart. The marshmallow coating strips right off. What's under there? It's an upside down Hostess cupcake without the frosting. Most folks don't know they're eating upside down cupcakes.

Yesterday, I had a local favorite: haupia cake. Wonderful stuff. The Swedes believe that unmarried people should not be served cake slices lying on its side. That would mean you won't be married. This cake was served in a manner appropriate for my marital status. That's a good thing - it would be tough to get that slice to stand upright.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...x38MzorBWGJ0Dx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 21:25:20 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 2:27:16 PM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:
>> That's a funny link, but nothing will make me dislike Hostess Snoballs...although they seem
>> to be much smaller than they used to be.
>>
>> N.

>I like Snowballs too. When I was a kid, I was always taking things apart. This is how one learns how the world works.

So you like looking at ingredients too. Don't tell Cheri! She hates it
when people do that. Close your eyes and eat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 2:27:16 PM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:
> That's a funny link, but nothing will make me dislike Hostess
> Snoballs...although they seem
> to be much smaller than they used to be.
>
> N.

I like Snowballs too. When I was a kid, I was always taking things apart.
This is how one learns how the world works. Whenever I eat a Snowball, I'll
take it apart. The marshmallow coating strips right off. What's under there?
It's an upside down Hostess cupcake without the frosting. Most folks don't
know they're eating upside down cupcakes.

Yesterday, I had a local favorite: haupia cake. Wonderful stuff. The Swedes
believe that unmarried people should not be served cake slices lying on its
side. That would mean you won't be married. This cake was served in a manner
appropriate for my marital status. That's a good thing - it would be tough
to get that slice to stand upright.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...x38MzorBWGJ0Dx

==

A bit late now though if they had <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/23/2017 10:29 PM, Bruce wrote:
> Close your eyes and eat.

Sums your lifestyle up nicely...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

It all adds up to a tasty snack. Besides, I am in my mid-seventies, and so far,
that particular combination (Snoballs) has not affected me in any way. Pfffffttt!

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 3:15:59 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 2:27:16 PM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:
> > That's a funny link, but nothing will make me dislike Hostess
> > Snoballs...although they seem
> > to be much smaller than they used to be.
> >
> > N.

> I like Snowballs too. When I was a kid, I was always taking things apart.
> This is how one learns how the world works. Whenever I eat a Snowball, I'll
> take it apart. The marshmallow coating strips right off. What's under there?
> It's an upside down Hostess cupcake without the frosting. Most folks don't
> know they're eating upside down cupcakes.
>
> Yesterday, I had a local favorite: haupia cake. Wonderful stuff. The Swedes
> believe that unmarried people should not be served cake slices lying on its
> side. That would mean you won't be married. This cake was served in a manner
> appropriate for my marital status. That's a good thing - it would be tough
> to get that slice to stand upright.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...x38MzorBWGJ0Dx
>
> ==
>
> A bit late now though if they had <g>
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

In addition to not finding a mate at an advanced age, the Swedes have to be concerned about keeping their cake slices from falling over. It's most worrisome!

"You know your great-great-aunt, the one who hosted three hour family dinners on real silver dinnerware and looked disapprovingly at you if you stole the last cookie from under her watchful eye? Well, she was teaching you a valuable life lesson for living in Sweden€”dont ever be the one to take the last piece of whatever it is youre serving. That last pastry or piece of cake is the trivselbit, the comfort or security piece, and leaving it in peace is a sacred rule of Swedish table manners. Take the second-to-last piece, though, and youre fine."

https://presbyterianblues.wordpress....he-last-piece/

My wife and I follow this tradition as, I suppose, many married couples will. I tell my wife to finish off a dish we're sharing. She tell me to finish it. I then eat half of the food and pass it to her. She eats half and passes it back to me. I eat half and at that point, it's 1/8 it's original size.. In most cases, that's the end of the game. My wife is not going to pass me a 1/16 bite of food. I win. The secret is to take the first 1/2 bite. Hopefully, she doesn't figure this out. Then again, she doesn't think about stuff like this -
like I do.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 3:15:59 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 2:27:16 PM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:
> > That's a funny link, but nothing will make me dislike Hostess
> > Snoballs...although they seem
> > to be much smaller than they used to be.
> >
> > N.

> I like Snowballs too. When I was a kid, I was always taking things apart.
> This is how one learns how the world works. Whenever I eat a Snowball,
> I'll
> take it apart. The marshmallow coating strips right off. What's under
> there?
> It's an upside down Hostess cupcake without the frosting. Most folks don't
> know they're eating upside down cupcakes.
>
> Yesterday, I had a local favorite: haupia cake. Wonderful stuff. The
> Swedes
> believe that unmarried people should not be served cake slices lying on
> its
> side. That would mean you won't be married. This cake was served in a
> manner
> appropriate for my marital status. That's a good thing - it would be tough
> to get that slice to stand upright.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...x38MzorBWGJ0Dx
>
> ==
>
> A bit late now though if they had <g>
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

In addition to not finding a mate at an advanced age, the Swedes have to be
concerned about keeping their cake slices from falling over. It's most
worrisome!

"You know your great-great-aunt, the one who hosted three hour family
dinners on real silver dinnerware and looked disapprovingly at you if you
stole the last cookie from under her watchful eye? Well, she was teaching
you a valuable life lesson for living in Sweden€”dont ever be the one to
take the last piece of whatever it is youre serving. That last pastry or
piece of cake is the trivselbit, the comfort or security piece, and leaving
it in peace is a sacred rule of Swedish table manners. Take the
second-to-last piece, though, and youre fine."

https://presbyterianblues.wordpress....he-last-piece/

My wife and I follow this tradition as, I suppose, many married couples
will. I tell my wife to finish off a dish we're sharing. She tell me to
finish it. I then eat half of the food and pass it to her. She eats half and
passes it back to me. I eat half and at that point, it's 1/8 it's original
size. In most cases, that's the end of the game. My wife is not going to
pass me a 1/16 bite of food. I win. The secret is to take the first 1/2
bite. Hopefully, she doesn't figure this out. Then again, she doesn't think
about stuff like this -
like I do.

==

Oh dear, what a performance lol Of course every place has its own customs
so they should be respected)) But tell me, after all that passing to and
fro, do you actually take the last bite???

We (in our house) never share a dish the way I hear about in US, so it isn't
a problem )

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 4:47:21 AM UTC-4, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> [...]

> > that point, it's 1/8 it's original size. In most cases, that's the
> > end of the game. My wife is not going to pass me a 1/16 bite of
> > food. I win. The secret is to take the first 1/2 bite. Hopefully,
> > she doesn't figure this out. Then again, she doesn't think about
> > stuff like this - like I do.
> >
> > ==
> >
> > Oh dear, what a performance lol Of course every place has its own
> > customs so they should be respected)) But tell me, after all
> > that passing to and fro, do you actually take the last bite???
> >
> > We (in our house) never share a dish the way I hear about in US,
> > so it isn't a problem )
> >

> We never share our plates of food with each other, even if we are
> eating the same foods or different foods. Custom? or not, I think
> it's a disgusting habit, and worse yet if it's observed in a

You'd better look away, then, when my husband and I are sharing dessert
in a restaurant.

Cindy Hamilton