Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default breakfast

I had two fried eggs, toast with peanut butter and grape jelly, a shot
of espresso, and oj mixed with club soda

on the way to the office I started to get hungry so I stopped for a
ham & cheese croissant from Bakery Nouveau, the best bakery in Seattle

later I got a scone with some coffee

so I had three breakfasts

now I'm eating an apple

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 20:38:08 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

>I had two fried eggs, toast with peanut butter and grape jelly, a shot
>of espresso, and oj mixed with club soda
>
>on the way to the office I started to get hungry so I stopped for a
>ham & cheese croissant from Bakery Nouveau, the best bakery in Seattle
>
>later I got a scone with some coffee
>
>so I had three breakfasts
>
>now I'm eating an apple

<http://www.wikihow.com/Know-If-You-Have-Worms>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" wrote in message

I had two fried eggs, toast with peanut butter and grape jelly, a shot
of espresso, and oj mixed with club soda

on the way to the office I started to get hungry so I stopped for a
ham & cheese croissant from Bakery Nouveau, the best bakery in Seattle

later I got a scone with some coffee

so I had three breakfasts

now I'm eating an apple

==

What will you eat for the rest of the day?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

tert in seattle wrote:

> I had two fried eggs, toast with peanut butter and grape jelly, a shot
> of espresso, and oj mixed with club soda
>
> on the way to the office I started to get hungry so I stopped for a
> ham & cheese croissant from Bakery Nouveau, the best bakery in Seattle
>
> later I got a scone with some coffee
>
> so I had three breakfasts
>
> now I'm eating an apple

After all that nice food, a plain apple would be a letdown to me.
How boring.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:
> "tert in seattle" wrote in message
>
> I had two fried eggs, toast with peanut butter and grape jelly, a shot
> of espresso, and oj mixed with club soda
>
> on the way to the office I started to get hungry so I stopped for a
> ham & cheese croissant from Bakery Nouveau, the best bakery in Seattle
>
> later I got a scone with some coffee
>
> so I had three breakfasts
>
> now I'm eating an apple
>
>==
>
> What will you eat for the rest of the day?

I'm having a slice a pizza from the cafeteria right now

no idea what will happen later - that's what keeps life interesting!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 10:40:05 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle wrote:
> I had two fried eggs, toast with peanut butter and grape jelly, a shot
> of espresso, and oj mixed with club soda
>
> on the way to the office I started to get hungry so I stopped for a
> ham & cheese croissant from Bakery Nouveau, the best bakery in Seattle
>
> later I got a scone with some coffee
>
> so I had three breakfasts
>
> now I'm eating an apple

It sounds fine. Congrats!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

tert in seattle wrote:

> I had two fried eggs, toast with peanut butter and grape jelly, a shot
> of espresso, and oj mixed with club soda
>
> on the way to the office I started to get hungry so I stopped for a
> ham & cheese croissant from Bakery Nouveau, the best bakery in Seattle
>
> later I got a scone with some coffee
>
> so I had three breakfasts
>
> now I'm eating an apple

+1

tert...yer recent posts are simple -- and refreshing, considering all of the bilious back - biting that goes down here...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 3:40:05 PM UTC-5, tert in seattle wrote:

> I had two fried eggs, toast with peanut butter and grape jelly, a shot
> of espresso, and oj mixed with club soda
>
> on the way to the office I started to get hungry so I stopped for a
> ham & cheese croissant from Bakery Nouveau, the best bakery in Seattle
>
> later I got a scone with some coffee
>
> so I had three breakfasts
>
> now I'm eating an apple

For breakfast I had a homemade 'breakfast bowl.' Tasty and
filling. I also had toast and jam but I should have refrained
as it was on the verge of being too much.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I had 1/2 bowl of kelloggs raisin bran.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 17:04:33 -0700 (PDT), Ding - Dong Daddy
> wrote:

>tert in seattle wrote:
>
>> I had two fried eggs, toast with peanut butter and grape jelly, a shot
>> of espresso, and oj mixed with club soda
>>
>> on the way to the office I started to get hungry so I stopped for a
>> ham & cheese croissant from Bakery Nouveau, the best bakery in Seattle
>>
>> later I got a scone with some coffee
>>
>> so I had three breakfasts
>>
>> now I'm eating an apple

>+1
>
>tert...yer recent posts are simple -- and refreshing, considering all of the bilious back - biting that goes down here...

That is such a negative thing to say.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
>I had two fried eggs, toast with peanut butter and grape jelly, a shot
> of espresso, and oj mixed with club soda
>
> on the way to the office I started to get hungry so I stopped for a
> ham & cheese croissant from Bakery Nouveau, the best bakery in Seattle
>
> later I got a scone with some coffee
>
> so I had three breakfasts
>
> now I'm eating an apple

With all of those carbs going on, you should be hungry for most of the day.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
>I had two fried eggs, toast with peanut butter and grape jelly, a shot
> of espresso, and oj mixed with club soda
>
> on the way to the office I started to get hungry so I stopped for a
> ham & cheese croissant from Bakery Nouveau, the best bakery in Seattle
>
> later I got a scone with some coffee
>
> so I had three breakfasts
>
> now I'm eating an apple

Wow! I didn't eat breakfast. Had an appointment. Then after, went out to
eat. Had a patty melt. It was delicious!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:
> "tert in seattle" wrote in message
>
> I had two fried eggs, toast with peanut butter and grape jelly, a shot
> of espresso, and oj mixed with club soda
>
> on the way to the office I started to get hungry so I stopped for a
> ham & cheese croissant from Bakery Nouveau, the best bakery in Seattle
>
> later I got a scone with some coffee
>
> so I had three breakfasts
>
> now I'm eating an apple
>
>==
>
> What will you eat for the rest of the day?

I'm having a slice a pizza from the cafeteria right now

no idea what will happen later - that's what keeps life interesting!

==

lol Fortunately, I couldn't eat that amount)) Does it not have any
effect on your weight?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ding - Dong Daddy" wrote in message

tert in seattle wrote:

> I had two fried eggs, toast with peanut butter and grape jelly, a shot
> of espresso, and oj mixed with club soda
>
> on the way to the office I started to get hungry so I stopped for a
> ham & cheese croissant from Bakery Nouveau, the best bakery in Seattle
>
> later I got a scone with some coffee
>
> so I had three breakfasts
>
> now I'm eating an apple

+1

tert...yer recent posts are simple -- and refreshing, considering all of the
bilious back - biting that goes down here...

Best
Greg

==

Don't forget the thwapping ... but of course some folk deserve it ;p

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:
> "tert in seattle" > wrote in message
>>I had two fried eggs, toast with peanut butter and grape jelly, a shot
>> of espresso, and oj mixed with club soda
>>
>> on the way to the office I started to get hungry so I stopped for a
>> ham & cheese croissant from Bakery Nouveau, the best bakery in Seattle
>>
>> later I got a scone with some coffee
>>
>> so I had three breakfasts
>>
>> now I'm eating an apple
>>

> With all of those carbs going on, you should be hungry for most of the day.
>

> Cheri

Well let's take a look.

2 fried eggs (no carbs)
1 slice of toast (whole wheat, about 70 kcal)
peanut butter (some carbs but more fat & protein combined)
a small amount of jelly, about 1/2 teaspoon (pure carbs)

ham & cheese croissant -- the protein and fat vastly outnumber the
carbs calories here

scone - the most carb-y of my 3 breakfasts

apple which has lots of fiber so it's filling

I had a slice of pizza for lunch at 2:30

leftover spaghetti with red sauce for dinner around 7

and a little ice cream for dessert (about 1/4 cup)

drinks: mostly water, about 6 oz OJ

and I walked about 3 miles yesterday

all in all not the most nutritious day ever but could have been much worse

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ding - Dong Daddy wrote:
> tert in seattle wrote:
>
>> I had two fried eggs, toast with peanut butter and grape jelly, a shot
>> of espresso, and oj mixed with club soda
>>
>> on the way to the office I started to get hungry so I stopped for a
>> ham & cheese croissant from Bakery Nouveau, the best bakery in Seattle
>>
>> later I got a scone with some coffee
>>
>> so I had three breakfasts
>>
>> now I'm eating an apple

> +1
>
> tert...yer recent posts are simple -- and refreshing, considering all of the bilious back - biting that goes down here...

really? I hadn't noticed

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Sep 2017, Bruce wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 20:38:08 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> > wrote:
>
>> I had two fried eggs, toast with peanut butter and grape jelly, a shot
>> of espresso, and oj mixed with club soda
>>
>> on the way to the office I started to get hungry so I stopped for a
>> ham & cheese croissant from Bakery Nouveau, the best bakery in Seattle
>>
>> later I got a scone with some coffee
>>
>> so I had three breakfasts
>>
>> now I'm eating an apple

> <http://www.wikihow.com/Know-If-You-Have-Worms>

hah!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Sep 2017, tert in seattle wrote:

> Cheri wrote:
>> "tert in seattle" > wrote in message
>>> I had two fried eggs, toast with peanut butter and grape jelly, a shot
>>> of espresso, and oj mixed with club soda
>>>
>>> on the way to the office I started to get hungry so I stopped for a
>>> ham & cheese croissant from Bakery Nouveau, the best bakery in Seattle
>>>
>>> later I got a scone with some coffee
>>>
>>> so I had three breakfasts
>>>
>>> now I'm eating an apple
>>>

>> With all of those carbs going on, you should be hungry for most of the day.
>>

>> Cheri

> Well let's take a look.
>
> 2 fried eggs (no carbs)
> 1 slice of toast (whole wheat, about 70 kcal)
> peanut butter (some carbs but more fat & protein combined)
> a small amount of jelly, about 1/2 teaspoon (pure carbs)
>
> ham & cheese croissant -- the protein and fat vastly outnumber the
> carbs calories here
>
> scone - the most carb-y of my 3 breakfasts
>
> apple which has lots of fiber so it's filling
>
> I had a slice of pizza for lunch at 2:30
>
> leftover spaghetti with red sauce for dinner around 7
>
> and a little ice cream for dessert (about 1/4 cup)
>
> drinks: mostly water, about 6 oz OJ
>
> and I walked about 3 miles yesterday
>
> all in all not the most nutritious day ever but could have been much worse

needs more fat and protein!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 15, 2017 at 12:00:08 AM UTC-4, barbie gee wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Sep 2017, tert in seattle wrote:
>
> > Cheri wrote:

> >> With all of those carbs going on, you should be hungry for most of the day.
> >>

> >> Cheri

> > Well let's take a look.
> >
> > 2 fried eggs (no carbs)
> > 1 slice of toast (whole wheat, about 70 kcal)
> > peanut butter (some carbs but more fat & protein combined)
> > a small amount of jelly, about 1/2 teaspoon (pure carbs)
> >
> > ham & cheese croissant -- the protein and fat vastly outnumber the
> > carbs calories here
> >
> > scone - the most carb-y of my 3 breakfasts
> >
> > apple which has lots of fiber so it's filling
> >
> > I had a slice of pizza for lunch at 2:30
> >
> > leftover spaghetti with red sauce for dinner around 7
> >
> > and a little ice cream for dessert (about 1/4 cup)
> >
> > drinks: mostly water, about 6 oz OJ
> >
> > and I walked about 3 miles yesterday
> >
> > all in all not the most nutritious day ever but could have been much worse

> needs more fat and protein!

His day had way more fat, protein and carbs than I eat. What it's
really lacking is vegetables. I do best on mainly vegetables, some
fruit, a little bit of lean meat (say, 2 ounces at dinner), a little
bit of carbs (or more if it's lentils or similar), and whatever
fat comes in from salad dressing, butter in my oatmeal, an ounce of
cheese at lunch, etc.

Then again, I don't have any kind of metabolic syndrome.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, September 15, 2017 at 12:00:08 AM UTC-4, barbie gee wrote:

>> > Well let's take a look.
>> >
>> > 2 fried eggs (no carbs)
>> > 1 slice of toast (whole wheat, about 70 kcal)
>> > peanut butter (some carbs but more fat & protein combined)
>> > a small amount of jelly, about 1/2 teaspoon (pure carbs)
>> >
>> > ham & cheese croissant -- the protein and fat vastly outnumber the
>> > carbs calories here
>> >
>> > scone - the most carb-y of my 3 breakfasts
>> >
>> > apple which has lots of fiber so it's filling
>> >
>> > I had a slice of pizza for lunch at 2:30
>> >
>> > leftover spaghetti with red sauce for dinner around 7
>> >
>> > and a little ice cream for dessert (about 1/4 cup)
>> >
>> > drinks: mostly water, about 6 oz OJ
>> >
>> > and I walked about 3 miles yesterday
>> >
>> > all in all not the most nutritious day ever but could have been much worse

>> needs more fat and protein!

> His day had way more fat, protein and carbs than I eat. What it's
> really lacking is vegetables. I do best on mainly vegetables, some
> fruit, a little bit of lean meat (say, 2 ounces at dinner), a little
> bit of carbs (or more if it's lentils or similar), and whatever
> fat comes in from salad dressing, butter in my oatmeal, an ounce of
> cheese at lunch, etc.
>
> Then again, I don't have any kind of metabolic syndrome.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

My numbers say I'm "healthy" - fasting glucose, cholesterol and
HDL/LDL ratio, bodyfat percent, blood pressure. I don't smoke or
drink alcohol. Most of the food I eat is what I cook myself and I cook
mostly from scratch (but I don't make my own bread or tomato sauce,
or cheese for that matter, etc). Subjectively I feel healthy, don't
have any joint or muscle pain and my exercise of choice, walking,
keeps me fit. I can walk for miles and miles, hills are fine, my heart
and lungs are in decent shape and I can run but I don't enjoy it. I do
enjoy cycling and that's one thing I "should" do more according to my
inner nag. I'm 5'8", weigh 170 lbs, and have a 32 inch waist. I have
more muscle mass than the average middle-aged man (I'm in my late 40s).

Longevity is pretty much genetic but you can increase the odds of
remaining healthy in your later years by making a few simple dietary
choices.

The problem is often seen as the spread of western diets, taking over
from traditional foods in the developing world. But it is not that
simple, says [Dr Christopher] Murray [IHME's director]. "Take fruit. It
has lots of health benefits but only very wealthy people eat a lot of
fruit, with some exceptions."

Sugary drinks are harmful to health but eating a lot of red meat, the
study finds, is not as big a risk to health as failing to eat whole
grains. "We need to look really carefully at what are the healthy
compounds in diets that provide protection," he said.

<https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/sep/14/poor-diet-is-a-factor-in-one-in-five-deaths-global-disease-study-reveals>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 17:56:19 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

>Longevity is pretty much genetic but you can increase the odds of
>remaining healthy in your later years by making a few simple dietary
>choices.
>
> The problem is often seen as the spread of western diets, taking over
> from traditional foods in the developing world. But it is not that
> simple, says [Dr Christopher] Murray [IHME's director]. "Take fruit. It
> has lots of health benefits but only very wealthy people eat a lot of
> fruit, with some exceptions."
>
> Sugary drinks are harmful to health but eating a lot of red meat, the
> study finds, is not as big a risk to health as failing to eat whole
> grains. "We need to look really carefully at what are the healthy
> compounds in diets that provide protection," he said.
>
><https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/sep/14/poor-diet-is-a-factor-in-one-in-five-deaths-global-disease-study-reveals>

There are also WHO studies that say that eating red meat is the next
worst thing after smoking. For now, it's all about who you want to
believe.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message news
On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 17:56:19 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

>Longevity is pretty much genetic but you can increase the odds of
>remaining healthy in your later years by making a few simple dietary
>choices.
>
> The problem is often seen as the spread of western diets, taking over
> from traditional foods in the developing world. But it is not that
> simple, says [Dr Christopher] Murray [IHME's director]. "Take fruit. It
> has lots of health benefits but only very wealthy people eat a lot of
> fruit, with some exceptions."
>
> Sugary drinks are harmful to health but eating a lot of red meat, the
> study finds, is not as big a risk to health as failing to eat whole
> grains. "We need to look really carefully at what are the healthy
> compounds in diets that provide protection," he said.
>
><https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/sep/14/poor-diet-is-a-factor-in-one-in-five-deaths-global-disease-study-reveals>

There are also WHO studies that say that eating red meat is the next
worst thing after smoking. For now, it's all about who you want to
believe.
--

Agreed. It isn't so long ago that we were being told butter and eggs must
be rationed. I ignored all that and now it seems that they are ok now

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-09-15 3:50 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 17:56:19 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> > wrote:

>> Sugary drinks are harmful to health but eating a lot of red meat, the
>> study finds, is not as big a risk to health as failing to eat whole
>> grains. "We need to look really carefully at what are the healthy
>> compounds in diets that provide protection," he said.
>>
>> <https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/sep/14/poor-diet-is-a-factor-in-one-in-five-deaths-global-disease-study-reveals>

> There are also WHO studies that say that eating red meat is the next
> worst thing after smoking. For now, it's all about who you want to
> believe.

Maybe it is more a matter of who they want to believe. People are quick
to accept anything that reflects well on what they like.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 17:37:41 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2017-09-15 3:50 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 17:56:19 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
>> > wrote:

>>> Sugary drinks are harmful to health but eating a lot of red meat, the
>>> study finds, is not as big a risk to health as failing to eat whole
>>> grains. "We need to look really carefully at what are the healthy
>>> compounds in diets that provide protection," he said.
>>>
>>> <https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/sep/14/poor-diet-is-a-factor-in-one-in-five-deaths-global-disease-study-reveals>

>> There are also WHO studies that say that eating red meat is the next
>> worst thing after smoking. For now, it's all about who you want to
>> believe.

>Maybe it is more a matter of who they want to believe. People are quick
>to accept anything that reflects well on what they like.

Yes, they love research that confirms what they want to hear and they
ignore the rest.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 21:53:29 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

>On 15-Sep-2017, Bruce > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 17:56:19 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Longevity is pretty much genetic but you can increase the odds
>> >of
>> >remaining healthy in your later years by making a few simple
>> >dietary
>> >choices.
>> >
>> > The problem is often seen as the spread of western diets,
>> > taking over
>> > from traditional foods in the developing world. But it is
>> > not that
>> > simple, says [Dr Christopher] Murray [IHME's director].
>> > "Take fruit. It
>> > has lots of health benefits but only very wealthy people eat
>> > a lot of
>> > fruit, with some exceptions."
>> >
>> > Sugary drinks are harmful to health but eating a lot of red
>> > meat, the
>> > study finds, is not as big a risk to health as failing to
>> > eat whole
>> > grains. "We need to look really carefully at what are the
>> > healthy
>> > compounds in diets that provide protection," he said.

>> There are also WHO studies that say that eating red meat is the
>> next
>> worst thing after smoking. For now, it's all about who you want
>> believe.

>IWow, iagine how bad for you smoked meat must be.

Just don't inhale it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 21:19:58 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message news >
>On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 17:56:19 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:
>
>>Longevity is pretty much genetic but you can increase the odds of
>>remaining healthy in your later years by making a few simple dietary
>>choices.
>>
>> The problem is often seen as the spread of western diets, taking over
>> from traditional foods in the developing world. But it is not that
>> simple, says [Dr Christopher] Murray [IHME's director]. "Take fruit. It
>> has lots of health benefits but only very wealthy people eat a lot of
>> fruit, with some exceptions."
>>
>> Sugary drinks are harmful to health but eating a lot of red meat, the
>> study finds, is not as big a risk to health as failing to eat whole
>> grains. "We need to look really carefully at what are the healthy
>> compounds in diets that provide protection," he said.
>>
>><https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/sep/14/poor-diet-is-a-factor-in-one-in-five-deaths-global-disease-study-reveals>

>There are also WHO studies that say that eating red meat is the next
>worst thing after smoking. For now, it's all about who you want to
>believe.
>--
>
>Agreed. It isn't so long ago that we were being told butter and eggs must
>be rationed. I ignored all that and now it seems that they are ok now

Yes, I think the only thing nobody argues about, is that smoking and
transfats are bad for you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> Ophy wrote:
> >Agreed. It isn't so long ago that we were being told butter and eggs must
> >be rationed. I ignored all that and now it seems that they are ok now

> Yes, I think the only thing nobody argues about, is that smoking and
> transfats are bad for you.

"I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex and rich food.
He was healthy right up to the time he killed himself."
- Johnny Carson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
>news >
>On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 17:56:19 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:
>
>>Longevity is pretty much genetic but you can increase the odds of
>>remaining healthy in your later years by making a few simple dietary
>>choices.
>>
>> The problem is often seen as the spread of western diets, taking over
>> from traditional foods in the developing world. But it is not that
>> simple, says [Dr Christopher] Murray [IHME's director]. "Take fruit. It
>> has lots of health benefits but only very wealthy people eat a lot of
>> fruit, with some exceptions."
>>
>> Sugary drinks are harmful to health but eating a lot of red meat, the
>> study finds, is not as big a risk to health as failing to eat whole
>> grains. "We need to look really carefully at what are the healthy
>> compounds in diets that provide protection," he said.
>>
>><https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/sep/14/poor-diet-is-a-factor-in-one-in-five-deaths-global-disease-study-reveals>

>There are also WHO studies that say that eating red meat is the next
>worst thing after smoking. For now, it's all about who you want to
>believe.
>--
>
>Agreed. It isn't so long ago that we were being told butter and eggs must
>be rationed. I ignored all that and now it seems that they are ok now

Yes, I think the only thing nobody argues about, is that smoking and
transfats are bad for you.

==

I wouldn't argue with those!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 08:12:23 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Ophy wrote:
>> >Agreed. It isn't so long ago that we were being told butter and eggs must
>> >be rationed. I ignored all that and now it seems that they are ok now

>> Yes, I think the only thing nobody argues about, is that smoking and
>> transfats are bad for you.

> "I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex and rich food.
> He was healthy right up to the time he killed himself."
> - Johnny Carson

At least it was his own decision. Recent research shows that 25% of
heavy smokers don't make it to 65. Bleah.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 05:28:32 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 08:12:23 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Bruce wrote:

>>> Yes, I think the only thing nobody argues about, is that smoking and
>>> transfats are bad for you.

>> "I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex and rich food.
>> He was healthy right up to the time he killed himself."
>> - Johnny Carson

>At least it was his own decision. Recent research shows that 25% of
>heavy smokers don't make it to 65. Bleah.

Unfortunately its an unpleasant way to go, otherwise it would make
sense. I was visiting the old gal I visit today, she is 96 and has
had enough. As she said, just like my aunt at that age used to say,
they may help you live longer these days but there is still no quality
to it.

Today was booze day, she likes a glass of that Emu med.dry sherry
(ghastly stuff) per supper and the carer frowns on it, so I smuggle it
in Who knows? It might kill her.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Most men have an unhealthy amount of iron in them, too much I mean.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 14:48:43 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

>Most men have an unhealthy amount of iron in them, too much I mean.

Some of the farmers in the Australian countryside look positively
rusty.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>But are you saying you'd rather have died before you were 65?

>>Sometimes that looks better than going too far, too far seems to hit
>>around the 90s as far as I can see. I'm not there yet.

> Well, that's at least 25 good years you risk losing by smoking. I'm
> not preaching. I smoked myself until 12 years ago and it was very hard
> to quit.

Same here, I quit around 8 years ago and it was very hard...but well worth
it!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 17:08:19 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

>>>Sometimes that looks better than going too far, too far seems to hit
>>>around the 90s as far as I can see. I'm not there yet.

>> Well, that's at least 25 good years you risk losing by smoking. I'm
>> not preaching. I smoked myself until 12 years ago and it was very hard
>> to quit.

>Same here, I quit around 8 years ago and it was very hard...but well worth
>it!

Yes, absolutely.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 16, 2017 at 7:09:32 PM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:

> "Bruce" > wrote in message
> >
> > Well, that's at least 25 good years you risk losing by smoking. I'm
> > not preaching. I smoked myself until 12 years ago and it was very hard
> > to quit.

> Same here, I quit around 8 years ago and it was very hard...but well worth
> it!
>
> Cheri

I quit 17 years ago and I was a 2+ pack a day smoker. For me,
it was easy and no cravings, thank you Lord.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 17:30:33 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, September 16, 2017 at 7:09:32 PM UTC-5, Cheri wrote:
>>
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > Well, that's at least 25 good years you risk losing by smoking. I'm
>> > not preaching. I smoked myself until 12 years ago and it was very hard
>> > to quit.

>> Same here, I quit around 8 years ago and it was very hard...but well worth
>> it!
>>
>> Cheri
>>

>I quit 17 years ago and I was a 2+ pack a day smoker. For me,
>it was easy and no cravings, thank you Lord.

I committed a few murders in the first couple of months, but after
that it got easier.