Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default breakfast

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

> Do everything you can if I'm going to live reasonably comfortable gain. It
> I'm just going to be a veggie, let me go. I probably should draw a line,
> such as, if I can no longer post to RFC, just let me die.

I am LOL, really I am.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 12:12:44 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> Ah, yes. Cancer. What a painless way to go. Of course, you might
>> just end up with a tracheostomy.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> My wife's friend had lung cancer. She was puffing it up while she was
> being treated. I thought that was rather odd.

My sis was dying with cancer just about everywhere and smoked till the end
always laughing and saying "I am no quitter." I found nothing odd about it
since it made no difference and brought her comfort.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-09-18 11:45 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 9/18/2017 10:58 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

> Do everything you can if I'm going to live reasonably comfortable gain.
> It I'm just going to be a veggie, let me go.Â* I probably should draw a
> line, such as, if I can no longer post to RFC, just let me die.

You never know. I remember all too well what it was like when I had a
medical procedure go south and I had to undergo emergency heart surgery.
The doctor came to me with the consent form, saying that they needed my
signature but that I had to sign it because it I didn't I wasn't going
to make it. I also remember waking up with a tube down my throat. I was
completely spaced out and didn't know what it was or what had happened,
but I can tell you I would not like to be kept alive like that for long
time. It's one think to have to endure that while you recover, but no
way I would want to stay like that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-09-18 12:11 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 12:12:44 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>>
>> Ah, yes. Cancer. What a painless way to go. Of course, you
>> might just end up with a tracheostomy.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> My wife's friend had lung cancer. She was puffing it up while she was
> being treated. I thought that was rather odd.

One of my former bosses had lost a lung to cancer. He kept smoking. He
ended up dying of lung cancer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 4:18:51 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 07:02:41 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
> >"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> >
> >> This won't ever happen to me.
> >> I believe in quality of life over quantity.
> >> No doctor will ever butcher me like that.
> >> I'll just live on until things get bad enough
> >> to end it quickly myself.

> >A kindred spirit.
> >
> >Cheri

> I've reinforced that with a legal, medical power of attorney for my
> daughters so that if I can't speak, they speak for me. They go in
> fear of me coming back to haunt them if they don't do what I have
> consistently said
>
> I think of our first neighbour in Canada, she was a nice woman, a
> widow. When she had a severe stroke her daughter begged 'do
> everything possible' - they did and she became a vegetable in a bed
> in a nursing home for TEN whole years. I used to visit her, as did
> the neighbour from the other side, as the daughter lived across
> country. I found it very difficult, you could only talk to this body
> on the bed and I tortured myself thinking she was inside there
> pleading to get out. If she was conscious she was also a quite heavy
> smoker so she would have craved a cigarette.
>
> There is life and there is life, Helens was not life, it was torture.

I would have told the docs to let that old lady die and maybe even help her along. What can you do for a hundred bucks? She's been a thorn on my butt for years and I want to sell off her house so I can pay off some gambling debts and buy a new Corvette. I've been waiting for that old bat to kick the bucket since I was 14!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 8:01:50 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> My MIL did the same. It was just impossible for her to quit and if she
> did, her live would have probably been extended 30 minutes. Many people
> on oxygen for COPD and other lung diseases also continue to smoke too.
> Very strong addiction.

Good point.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 8:19:39 AM UTC-10, Cheri wrote:
> "dsi1" <dsahoo.com> wrote in message
> > On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 12:12:44 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >>
> >> Ah, yes. Cancer. What a painless way to go. Of course, you might
> >> just end up with a tracheostomy.
> >>
> >> Cindy Hamilton

> > My wife's friend had lung cancer. She was puffing it up while she was
> > being treated. I thought that was rather odd.

> My sis was dying with cancer just about everywhere and smoked till the end
> always laughing and saying "I am no quitter." I found nothing odd about it
> since it made no difference and brought her comfort.
>
> Cheri

There's nothing to lose so live it up. That makes sense.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 8:19:55 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> One of my former bosses had lost a lung to cancer. He kept smoking. He
> ended up dying of lung cancer.

Well, you learn something new every day!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/18/2017 11:45 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 9/18/2017 10:58 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

>> They've developed a lot of ways to keep people alive but that doesn't
>> always mean they should, which is why a lot of people feel like they
>> have to make sure what happened to your friend doesn't happen to them.

> Do everything you can if I'm going to live reasonably comfortable gain.
> It I'm just going to be a veggie, let me go.Â* I probably should draw a
> line, such as, if I can no longer post to RFC, just let me die.

That would be an interesting addition to your living will!

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 16:09:58 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 9/18/2017 11:45 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 9/18/2017 10:58 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> They've developed a lot of ways to keep people alive but that doesn't
>>> always mean they should, which is why a lot of people feel like they
>>> have to make sure what happened to your friend doesn't happen to them.

>> Do everything you can if I'm going to live reasonably comfortable gain.
>> It I'm just going to be a veggie, let me go.* I probably should draw a
>> line, such as, if I can no longer post to RFC, just let me die.

>That would be an interesting addition to your living will!
>
>nancy

Are living wills acceptable in the US? Here they are okay if the
doctor doesn't mind cooperating, but if you have a new from Ireland,
RC pro life doctor (as we did when my David was going to die) he
pointed out that it had no basis in law. Thankfully in that case I
knew who to call and she came and outranked him heavily so life
support was removed (I had begged not to have it in the first place)
When the children and I left a few hours later he confronted me and
said 'I suppose you think you won" so I told him I supposed he better
get out of my way quickly before my knee met his testicles.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri and Gary, and so am I also a kindred spirit.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> Cheri and Gary, and so am I also a kindred spirit.
>
> N.

Good for you Nancy, I am into quality and not quantity.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/18/2017 11:11, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 03:15:45 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 10:46:08 PM UTC-4, Doris Night wrote:

>>> Same here.
>>>
>>> When a car passes our house with the windows open and someone inside
>>> is smoking, I can smell it. My husband doesn't smell it, and he thinks
>>> I'm making it up.

>> I was in a meeting with someone. I couldn't smell cigarettes on his
>> clothing, but every time he spoke, a whoosh of cigarette odor came out
>> of his lungs.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> exactly
> Janet US

When I was in my 30's I went to a new [to me] dentist. I'd been smoking
since I was a teenager. Got a dental exam, he checked for cavities,
cleaned my teeth and commented "You don't smoke." Uh, yes I do. He
sure couldn't tell. I promise I did not hold my breath for the 30
minutes I was sitting in that dentist's chair. He really could not
tell. Some people have a hyper-sensitive sense of smell.

When I walk into someone's home I'm more apt to notice scents such as
sprayed air freshener/room deodorizer (or those horrific plug-in things).

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/18/2017 6:12, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 5:49:46 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 10:20:23 AM UTC-10, wrote:
>>> I used to smoke kool milds, a woman I knew said she thought menthol cigs were the worst for you.

>> Hopefully, smoking will get popular again. People are living too damn long anyway. As an added bonus, it's kind of cool.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdFHSCqf3fQ

> Ah, yes. Cancer. What a painless way to go. Of course, you might
> just end up with a tracheostomy.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Then again, there are plenty of people who never smoked who died of lung
cancer. Living is a dangerous business.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 21:48:05 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 9/18/2017 6:12, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> Hopefully, smoking will get popular again. People are living too damn long anyway. As an added bonus, it's kind of cool.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdFHSCqf3fQ

>> Ah, yes. Cancer. What a painless way to go. Of course, you might
>> just end up with a tracheostomy.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>Then again, there are plenty of people who never smoked who died of lung
>cancer. Living is a dangerous business.

Far less then people who did smoke.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 9/18/2017 6:12, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> Hopefully, smoking will get popular again. People are living too damn long anyway. As an added bonus, it's kind of cool.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdFHSCqf3fQ

>> Ah, yes. Cancer. What a painless way to go. Of course, you might
>> just end up with a tracheostomy.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>Then again, there are plenty of people who never smoked who died of lung
>cancer. Living is a dangerous business.
>
>Jill

I know three or four people, who smoked, and died of lung cancer. Are
you busy trying to justify smoking?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 08:04:33 -0300, wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 21:48:05 -0400, jmcquown >
>wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdFHSCqf3fQ

>>> Ah, yes. Cancer. What a painless way to go. Of course, you might
>>> just end up with a tracheostomy.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>>Then again, there are plenty of people who never smoked who died of lung
>>cancer. Living is a dangerous business.
>>
>>Jill

>I know three or four people, who smoked, and died of lung cancer. Are
>you busy trying to justify smoking?

Sheeple have trouble understanding these things. Recent research shows
that 25% of heavy smokers don't make it to 65. That's a statistic that
counts. Knowing an aunt who smoked until she was a 100 doesn't count.
Eating crap all your life and still being alive at 70 also doesn't
count.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2017 7:04 AM, wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 21:48:05 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdFHSCqf3fQ

>>> Ah, yes. Cancer. What a painless way to go. Of course, you might
>>> just end up with a tracheostomy.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> Then again, there are plenty of people who never smoked who died of lung
>> cancer. Living is a dangerous business.
>>
>> Jill

> I know three or four people, who smoked, and died of lung cancer. Are
> you busy trying to justify smoking?

Of course not. I merely stated people die of lung cancer who never
smoked a cigarette in their life.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 21:48:05 -0400, jmcquown >

>>Then again, there are plenty of people who never smoked who died of lung
>>cancer. Living is a dangerous business.
>>
>>Jill

> I know three or four people, who smoked, and died of lung cancer. Are
> you busy trying to justify smoking?

I know two who died of lung cancer who never smoked, but did work in the
shipyards during the war. I see nothing in Jill's post that is *trying to
justify smoking* she's just stating a fact.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 7:24:12 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 08:04:33 -0300, wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 21:48:05 -0400, jmcquown >
> >wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdFHSCqf3fQ

> >>Then again, there are plenty of people who never smoked who died of lung
> >>cancer. Living is a dangerous business.
> >>
> >>Jill

> >I know three or four people, who smoked, and died of lung cancer. Are
> >you busy trying to justify smoking?

> Sheeple have trouble understanding these things. Recent research shows
> that 25% of heavy smokers don't make it to 65. That's a statistic that
> counts. Knowing an aunt who smoked until she was a 100 doesn't count.
> Eating crap all your life and still being alive at 70 also doesn't
> count.

How much difference does it make if you eat crap until you're
70 and then stop eating crap? I don't expect anyone to have
an answer, but it's certainly food for thought.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 9:32:09 AM UTC-4, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Mon 18 Sep 2017 03:12:37a, Cindy Hamilton told us...
>
> > On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 5:49:46 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> >>
> >> Hopefully, smoking will get popular again. People are living too
> >> damn long anyway. As an added bonus, it's kind of cool.
> >>
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdFHSCqf3fQ

> > Ah, yes. Cancer. What a painless way to go. Of course, you
> > might just end up with a tracheostomy.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> "A painless way to go?" A great many cancer patients suffer
> excruciating pain, and often they die a very painful death.

Sarcasm is so difficult to convey on Usenet.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2017 5:04 AM, wrote:
> Are you busy trying to justify smoking?

Are you always such a wicked, lying shrew?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2017 6:30 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/22/2017 7:04 AM, wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 21:48:05 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdFHSCqf3fQ

>>> Then again, there are plenty of people who never smoked who died of lung
>>> cancer.Â* Living is a dangerous business.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I know three or four people, who smoked, and died of lung cancer.Â* Are
>> you busy trying to justify smoking?
>>

> Of course not.Â* I merely stated people die of lung cancer who never
> smoked a cigarette in their life.
>
> Jill

AKA - sidestream smoke.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2017 8:20 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 9:32:09 AM UTC-4, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> Ah, yes. Cancer. What a painless way to go. Of course, you
>>> might just end up with a tracheostomy.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> "A painless way to go?" A great many cancer patients suffer
>> excruciating pain, and often they die a very painful death.

> Sarcasm is so difficult to convey on Usenet.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Use of these :

:-(

helps...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 08:30:32 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 9/22/2017 7:04 AM, wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 21:48:05 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdFHSCqf3fQ

>>> Then again, there are plenty of people who never smoked who died of lung
>>> cancer. Living is a dangerous business.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I know three or four people, who smoked, and died of lung cancer. Are
>> you busy trying to justify smoking?
>>

>Of course not. I merely stated people die of lung cancer who never
>smoked a cigarette in their life.
>
>Jill

They are heavily in the minority.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 06:18:54 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 21:48:05 -0400, jmcquown >

>>>Then again, there are plenty of people who never smoked who died of lung
>>>cancer. Living is a dangerous business.
>>>
>>>Jill

>> I know three or four people, who smoked, and died of lung cancer. Are
>> you busy trying to justify smoking?

>I know two who died of lung cancer who never smoked, but did work in the
>shipyards during the war. I see nothing in Jill's post that is *trying to
>justify smoking* she's just stating a fact.
>
>Cheri

If they worked in the shipyards during the war, it's far more likely
they died of asbestosis of the lungs, every bit as nasty as cancer but
different.

My friends husband is inching to death with that - he worked as a teen
for Bowater Mersey and they worked without masks etc. handling
asbestos.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 13:32:06 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Mon 18 Sep 2017 03:12:37a, Cindy Hamilton told us...
>
>> On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 5:49:46 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
>>>
>>> Hopefully, smoking will get popular again. People are living too
>>> damn long anyway. As an added bonus, it's kind of cool.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdFHSCqf3fQ

>> Ah, yes. Cancer. What a painless way to go. Of course, you
>> might just end up with a tracheostomy.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>"A painless way to go?" A great many cancer patients suffer
>excruciating pain, and often they die a very painful death.

It's painless here. Near the end when the intense pain begins they
simply administer huge doses of narcotics. When my friend died of
lung cancer, she was terrified she would die in pain as her uncle had
done back in the war years. She didn't, her daughter called me on a
Thursday and said 'you must come and see her today, tonight they are
going to start the heavy treatment' - she died on the Saturday.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 07:20:48 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 9:32:09 AM UTC-4, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>> > Ah, yes. Cancer. What a painless way to go. Of course, you
>> > might just end up with a tracheostomy.
>> >
>> > Cindy Hamilton
>> >

>> "A painless way to go?" A great many cancer patients suffer
>> excruciating pain, and often they die a very painful death.

>Sarcasm is so difficult to convey on Usenet.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Likewise irony
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2017 9:39 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> He fell into a coma and died three days later. He was still moaning.

You ghoul, you made him suffer all the way to Hell.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 09:59:35 -0600, Sqwerts >
wrote:

>On 9/22/2017 9:39 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> He fell into a coma and died three days later. He was still moaning.
>>

>You ghoul, you made him suffer all the way to Hell.

I'd like to think you'll die slowly and very painfully, then you might
not consider our methods ghoulish.