Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default more sous vide ventures

I went "used meat" shopping yesterday. Visited three different grocers specifically looking for managers specials marked down meat. When I find something in the bin I know I like I grab it. Here's my haul from yesterday, 3 nice chuck roasts, bottom round steak, tri tip steak, chuck steak and chuck petite tenders (frozen). I'm going to do a marathon sous vide and then chill and freeze to have dinner in the freezer ready to warm and sear when I want it. Bonus, saved a bunch of money.

I've got two of the chuck roasts in now. Everything else is chilling waiting to take a bath.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nELWU5a5hDRwcgWa2

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 3:28:20 PM UTC-5, ImStillMags wrote:

> I went "used meat" shopping yesterday. Visited three different grocers specifically looking for managers specials marked down meat. When I find something in the bin I know I like I grab it. Here's my haul from yesterday, 3 nice chuck roasts, bottom round steak, tri tip steak, chuck steak and chuck petite tenders (frozen). I'm going to do a marathon sous vide and then chill and freeze to have dinner in the freezer ready to warm and sear when I want it. Bonus, saved a bunch of money.
>
> I've got two of the chuck roasts in now. Everything else is chilling waiting to take a bath.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/nELWU5a5hDRwcgWa2

Nice haul!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 1:43:19 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 3:28:20 PM UTC-5, ImStillMags wrote:
> >
> > I went "used meat" shopping yesterday. Visited three different grocers specifically looking for managers specials marked down meat. When I find something in the bin I know I like I grab it. Here's my haul from yesterday, 3 nice chuck roasts, bottom round steak, tri tip steak, chuck steak and chuck petite tenders (frozen). I'm going to do a marathon sous vide and then chill and freeze to have dinner in the freezer ready to warm and sear when I want it. Bonus, saved a bunch of money.
> >
> > I've got two of the chuck roasts in now. Everything else is chilling waiting to take a bath.
> >
> > https://photos.app.goo.gl/nELWU5a5hDRwcgWa2
> >

> Nice haul!

Yup. Several weeks worth !!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2017 4:28 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> I went "used meat" shopping yesterday. Visited three different grocers specifically looking for managers specials marked down meat. When I find something in the bin I know I like I grab it. Here's my haul from yesterday, 3 nice chuck roasts, bottom round steak, tri tip steak, chuck steak and chuck petite tenders (frozen). I'm going to do a marathon sous vide and then chill and freeze to have dinner in the freezer ready to warm and sear when I want it. Bonus, saved a bunch of money.
>
> I've got two of the chuck roasts in now. Everything else is chilling waiting to take a bath.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/nELWU5a5hDRwcgWa2

You did good. We had tenderloin steak for dinner tonight. They came
from the used meat too. I always look too as you can score some good
deals.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 10:28:20 AM UTC-10, ImStillMags wrote:
> I went "used meat" shopping yesterday. Visited three different grocers specifically looking for managers specials marked down meat. When I find something in the bin I know I like I grab it. Here's my haul from yesterday, 3 nice chuck roasts, bottom round steak, tri tip steak, chuck steak and chuck petite tenders (frozen). I'm going to do a marathon sous vide and then chill and freeze to have dinner in the freezer ready to warm and sear when I want it. Bonus, saved a bunch of money.
>
> I've got two of the chuck roasts in now. Everything else is chilling waiting to take a bath.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/nELWU5a5hDRwcgWa2

I looked in the refrigerator this morning and found a pork chop. My daughter's boyfriend manages a restaurant so one never knows what will be in there.. It's a deep fried pork chop of the thickish kind. You wouldn't normally be able to deep fry a thick pork chop but with sous vide, not only is it possible, it's easy-peasy.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...rpTunoDCRpXGj2

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" wrote in message

I went "used meat" shopping yesterday. Visited three different grocers
specifically looking for managers specials marked down meat. When I find
something in the bin I know I like I grab it. Here's my haul from yesterday,
3 nice chuck roasts, bottom round steak, tri tip steak, chuck steak and
chuck petite tenders (frozen). I'm going to do a marathon sous vide and then
chill and freeze to have dinner in the freezer ready to warm and sear when I
want it. Bonus, saved a bunch of money.

I've got two of the chuck roasts in now. Everything else is chilling
waiting to take a bath.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nELWU5a5hDRwcgWa2

===

Excellent) That is what I do too))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 10:28:20 AM UTC-10, ImStillMags wrote:
> I went "used meat" shopping yesterday. Visited three different grocers
> specifically looking for managers specials marked down meat. When I find
> something in the bin I know I like I grab it. Here's my haul from
> yesterday, 3 nice chuck roasts, bottom round steak, tri tip steak, chuck
> steak and chuck petite tenders (frozen). I'm going to do a marathon sous
> vide and then chill and freeze to have dinner in the freezer ready to warm
> and sear when I want it. Bonus, saved a bunch of money.
>
> I've got two of the chuck roasts in now. Everything else is chilling
> waiting to take a bath.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/nELWU5a5hDRwcgWa2

I looked in the refrigerator this morning and found a pork chop. My
daughter's boyfriend manages a restaurant so one never knows what will be in
there. It's a deep fried pork chop of the thickish kind. You wouldn't
normally be able to deep fry a thick pork chop but with sous vide, not only
is it possible, it's easy-peasy.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...rpTunoDCRpXGj2

==

Yep, sous vide makes a lot of things possible) That looks good. Did you
enjoy it?))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 11, 2017 at 12:38:19 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Yep, sous vide makes a lot of things possible) That looks good. Did you
> enjoy it?))
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

All I did was take a picture of it. It's a very photogenic piece of meat but cold pork is not my thing. I'd have to heat it up first. Cold pizza and chicken is dandy though...

I did have some grilled au (marlin) and some green salad. The restaurant might be the best place on this island for prime rib roast beef. I wouldn't be put out if they were to stick a hunk of that in the fridge.

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/haleiwa-joes-kaneohe
Posted to rec.food.cooking