Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping Dsi1

I am baking cookies today and I went to look at your recipe. No
Quantities!!!

H E L P???

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 9:17:23 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> I am baking cookies today and I went to look at your recipe. No
> Quantities!!!
>
> H E L P???
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

This should help. Bake at 350 until done.

1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 9:17:23 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> I am baking cookies today and I went to look at your recipe. No
> Quantities!!!
>
> H E L P???
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

This should help. Bake at 350 until done.

1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

==

Aghhhhhh baking soda!!! LOL sorry. I have located some and will be going
to buy some in the morning)

Rolled oats??? I just bought pin head oats for the whole oats cookies you
were talking about!!

LOL you and I are going to fall out! <g>

Thanks for the recipe)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 08:17:03 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>I am baking cookies today and I went to look at your recipe. No
>Quantities!!!
>
>H E L P???

OMG!! The hero has feet of clay!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 6:11:33 AM UTC-5, wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 08:17:03 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
> >I am baking cookies today and I went to look at your recipe. No
> >Quantities!!!
> >
> >H E L P???

> OMG!! The hero has feet of clay!

Evidently OhFeelMe didn't both looking at the video nor did
she click on 'Show More' as it plainly gives ALL the measurements.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 12:23:57 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 9:17:23 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > I am baking cookies today and I went to look at your recipe. No
> > Quantities!!!
> >
> > H E L P???
> >

> > --
> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> This should help. Bake at 350 until done.
>
> 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
> 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
> 1/2 cup raisins
> 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
> 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
> 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
> 1/4 cup granulated sugar
> 1 large egg
> 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
>
> ==
>
> Aghhhhhh baking soda!!! LOL sorry. I have located some and will be going
> to buy some in the morning)
>
> Rolled oats??? I just bought pin head oats for the whole oats cookies you
> were talking about!!
>
> LOL you and I are going to fall out! <g>
>

> Thanks for the recipe)
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

In the states "pinhead" is a derogatory term. Pin head oats gives me a chuckle. American oatmeal cookies will use rolled oats. OTOH, if you could make a cookie that used steel cut oats, I'd sure eat it! It would probably involve pre-cooking the oats. I can taste it already...

Speaking of taste, my wife and I were in Chinatown yesterday. We ate at a real hole-in-the-wall called O'Kims. My wife ordered a chicken bi bim bap. Whoo boy, it was tasty. The menu makes our regular Korean joints seem somewhat frumpy. We just got a look into the future of Korean food and it was brilliant. We left the joint in an ecstatic cloud!

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/o-kims-honolulu-2
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 1:11:33 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 08:17:03 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
> >I am baking cookies today and I went to look at your recipe. No
> >Quantities!!!
> >
> >H E L P???

> OMG!! The hero has feet of clay!

Your obsession with me is creepy and unwanted. Please try to control yourself. Thanks in advance.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 12:23:57 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 9:17:23 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > I am baking cookies today and I went to look at your recipe. No
> > Quantities!!!
> >
> > H E L P???
> >

> > --
> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> This should help. Bake at 350 until done.
>
> 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
> 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
> 1/2 cup raisins
> 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
> 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
> 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
> 1/4 cup granulated sugar
> 1 large egg
> 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
>
> ==
>
> Aghhhhhh baking soda!!! LOL sorry. I have located some and will be going
> to buy some in the morning)
>
> Rolled oats??? I just bought pin head oats for the whole oats cookies you
> were talking about!!
>
> LOL you and I are going to fall out! <g>
>

> Thanks for the recipe)
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

In the states "pinhead" is a derogatory term. Pin head oats gives me a
chuckle. American oatmeal cookies will use rolled oats. OTOH, if you could
make a cookie that used steel cut oats, I'd sure eat it! It would probably
involve pre-cooking the oats. I can taste it already...

But, but, originally, you mentioned whole oats ...(

Speaking of taste, my wife and I were in Chinatown yesterday. We ate at a
real hole-in-the-wall called O'Kims. My wife ordered a chicken bi bim bap.
Whoo boy, it was tasty. The menu makes our regular Korean joints seem
somewhat frumpy. We just got a look into the future of Korean food and it
was brilliant. We left the joint in an ecstatic cloud!

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/o-kims-honolulu-2

I am very pleased for you both, but did they have any pinhead oats ...
;p

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 8:03:04 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> I am very pleased for you both, but did they have any pinhead oats ...
> ;p
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

They did have barley rice, that was it. I'm guessing I was the only pinhead there...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 8:03:04 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> I am very pleased for you both, but did they have any pinhead oats
> ;p
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

They did have barley rice, that was it. I'm guessing I was the only pinhead
there...

==

Pfpfpfpf the things you learn in this group !!!!

;p

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
9.44...

On Sat 09 Sep 2017 10:50:55a, Ophelia told us...

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 12:23:57 AM UTC-10, Ophelia
> wrote:
>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>>
>> On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 9:17:23 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> > I am baking cookies today and I went to look at your recipe.
>> > No Quantities!!!
>> >
>> > H E L P???
>> >

>> > --
>> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

>> This should help. Bake at 350 until done.
>>
>> 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
>> 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
>> 1/2 cup raisins
>> 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
>> 1/2 teaspoon salt
>> 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
>> 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
>> 1/4 cup granulated sugar
>> 1 large egg
>> 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Aghhhhhh baking soda!!! LOL sorry. I have located some and will
>> be going to buy some in the morning)
>>
>> Rolled oats??? I just bought pin head oats for the whole oats
>> cookies you were talking about!!
>>
>> LOL you and I are going to fall out! <g>
>>

>> Thanks for the recipe)
>>

>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> In the states "pinhead" is a derogatory term. Pin head oats gives
> me a chuckle. American oatmeal cookies will use rolled oats. OTOH,
> if you could make a cookie that used steel cut oats, I'd sure eat
> it! It would probably involve pre-cooking the oats. I can taste it
> already...
>
> But, but, originally, you mentioned whole oats ...(
>
> Speaking of taste, my wife and I were in Chinatown yesterday. We
> ate at a real hole-in-the-wall called O'Kims. My wife ordered a
> chicken bi bim bap. Whoo boy, it was tasty. The menu makes our
> regular Korean joints seem somewhat frumpy. We just got a look
> into the future of Korean food and it was brilliant. We left the
> joint in an ecstatic cloud!
>
> https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/o-kims-honolulu-2
>
> I am very pleased for you both, but did they have any
> pinhead oats ...
> ;p

Yes, in the states "pinhead" is a derogatory term, but for people,
not oats. :-) Rolled oats are for more common in the US, altough pin
had oats are gaining in popularity.

I usually by McCann's Irish Oatmeal, which is an even coarser blade
cut oat than generic brands. Apart from cookiing them as one would
normlly cook oatmeal, I sometimes soak them overnight in boiling
water, then drain any excess. I will add them to regular rolled oats
i oatmeal cookies as an extra texture and crunch.

Wayne Boatwright

===

)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 10:42:14 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 8:03:04 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > I am very pleased for you both, but did they have any pinhead oats
> > ;p
> >

> > --
> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> They did have barley rice, that was it. I'm guessing I was the only pinhead
> there...
>
> ==
>
> Pfpfpfpf the things you learn in this group !!!!
>
> ;p
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

I view my role here as an educator. America's most famous pinhead is Zippy. Now you know.

http://www.kazak.com/wordpress/wp-co...ead-poster.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 17:43:50 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 10:42:14 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>>
>> On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 8:03:04 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> >
>> > I am very pleased for you both, but did they have any pinhead oats
>> > ;p
>> >

>> > --
>> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

>> They did have barley rice, that was it. I'm guessing I was the only pinhead
>> there...
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Pfpfpfpf the things you learn in this group !!!!
>>
>> ;p
>>

>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

>I view my role here as an educator. America's most famous pinhead is Zippy. Now you know.
>
>http://www.kazak.com/wordpress/wp-co...ead-poster.jpg

Do people often give you a dollar so you can buy some candy?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 10:42:14 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 8:03:04 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > I am very pleased for you both, but did they have any pinhead oats
> > ;p
> >

> > --
> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> They did have barley rice, that was it. I'm guessing I was the only
> pinhead
> there...
>
> ==
>
> Pfpfpfpf the things you learn in this group !!!!
>
> ;p
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

I view my role here as an educator. America's most famous pinhead is Zippy.
Now you know.

http://www.kazak.com/wordpress/wp-co...ead-poster.jpg

==

Dangerous eyes ...

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 9:57:33 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> ==
>
> Dangerous eyes ...
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Yes - come to think of it, scary clowns are currently trending.

https://clockcine.files.wordpress.co...nnywise018.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 02:49:31 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 9:57:33 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>> ==
>>
>> Dangerous eyes ...
>>

>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

>Yes - come to think of it, scary clowns are currently trending.
>
>https://clockcine.files.wordpress.co...nnywise018.jpg

Oh, ok, here's a dollar!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> Yes - come to think of it, scary clowns are currently trending.

Hardly a new thing though. Zippy showed up in underground comics
about 1970. I have a small pile of those underground comics. At
least one features Zippy the pinhead. Then Stephen King wrote the
scary clown novel, "IT," in the early 1980's or so. Made a movie
in the 1990's and I think there is a new version coming out in
theaters soon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 9:57:33 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> ==
>
> Dangerous eyes ...
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Yes - come to think of it, scary clowns are currently trending.

==

They always looked scary to me)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 3:15:42 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > Yes - come to think of it, scary clowns are currently trending.

> Hardly a new thing though. Zippy showed up in underground comics
> about 1970. I have a small pile of those underground comics. At
> least one features Zippy the pinhead. Then Stephen King wrote the
> scary clown novel, "IT," in the early 1980's or so. Made a movie
> in the 1990's and I think there is a new version coming out in
> theaters soon.

The movie has had a lot of buzz for weeks. It's the reason scary clowns are currently trending.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/it...nd-1202553361/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 3:40:30 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 9:57:33 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > ==
> >
> > Dangerous eyes ...
> >

> > --
> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> Yes - come to think of it, scary clowns are currently trending.
>

> ==
>
> They always looked scary to me)
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Scary clown and SC videos have been a craze for nearly a year in the US. People have become aware of how easily Americans are freaked out and are using it for their amusement.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...rolina-alabama

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/10/2017 9:16 AM, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> Yes - come to think of it, scary clowns are currently trending.

> Hardly a new thing though. Zippy showed up in underground comics
> about 1970. I have a small pile of those underground comics. At
> least one features Zippy the pinhead. Then Stephen King wrote the
> scary clown novel, "IT," in the early 1980's or so. Made a movie
> in the 1990's and I think there is a new version coming out in
> theaters soon.

Fortunately we didn't live in Maine with a clown that haunted the sewer
and killed children.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 3:40:30 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 9:57:33 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > ==
> >
> > Dangerous eyes ...
> >

> > --
> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> Yes - come to think of it, scary clowns are currently trending.
>

> ==
>
> They always looked scary to me)
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Scary clown and SC videos have been a craze for nearly a year in the US.
People have become aware of how easily Americans are freaked out and are
using it for their amusement.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...rolina-alabama

=

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Ping Dsi1 Ophelia[_14_] General Cooking 0 13-10-2016 09:49 PM
Ping: dsi1 sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 21-06-2016 10:20 PM
ping - dsi1 onglet General Cooking 7 22-04-2016 08:04 PM
Ping: dsi1 sf[_9_] General Cooking 35 27-04-2014 03:08 AM
ping: dsi1 sf[_9_] General Cooking 0 19-09-2013 02:18 PM