George

"Default User" > wrote in message
> You might want to ping your friends and family to see if someone has an
> air-popper they could lend you. In fact, they might give it to you. An
> air-popper is perfect for what you are doing, as you will be coating
> the corn. Air-poppers make loads of perfectly popped kernels, just with
> no oil (so salt doesn't stick).
>

> Brian

Something interesting I found about an air popper is that the product has
very little flavor. We used one for years and the house would fill with
popcorn smell when we used it but the popped corn had very little taste. Our
air popper died and I was going to buy a new one and spotted the microwave
popper and bought that. The first thing we noticed is that there is a lot
more flavor in the popped corn. I guess the stream of hot air in a hot air
popper removes a lot of the aromatics or whatever the popcorn smell is.

George

"Default User" > wrote in message
> You might want to ping your friends and family to see if someone has an
> air-popper they could lend you. In fact, they might give it to you. An
> air-popper is perfect for what you are doing, as you will be coating
> the corn. Air-poppers make loads of perfectly popped kernels, just with
> no oil (so salt doesn't stick).
>

> Brian

Something interesting I found about an air popper is that the product has
very little flavor. We used one for years and the house would fill with
popcorn smell when we used it but the popped corn had very little taste. Our
air popper died and I was going to buy a new one and spotted the microwave
popper and bought that. The first thing we noticed is that there is a lot
more flavor in the popped corn. I guess the stream of hot air in a hot air
popper removes a lot of the aromatics or whatever the popcorn smell is.

Gabby

"RiKK" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Gabby" > wrote:
>
>> "RiKK" > wrote in message
>> > I'm trying to recreate the yummy but overpriced boy scout chocolate
>> > caramel popcorn.

>> But, but, but...it's a fund raiser. You get a great product plus the
>> great
>> feeling of having contributed to a worthwhile cause.
>>
>> Gabby
>>

> I'm actually my son's scout leader, and we not only bought plenty of the
> stuff, we sold LOTS more of it. I just can't justify blowing $15 for a
> tin of stuff that my family can blow through in under 12 hours.

Our campaign just ended. Our group (33 Beavers/Cubs/Scouts/Leaders) sold
$18,100 of the stuff.

Gabby

Gabby

"RiKK" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Gabby" > wrote:
>
>> "RiKK" > wrote in message
>> > I'm trying to recreate the yummy but overpriced boy scout chocolate
>> > caramel popcorn.

>> But, but, but...it's a fund raiser. You get a great product plus the
>> great
>> feeling of having contributed to a worthwhile cause.
>>
>> Gabby
>>

> I'm actually my son's scout leader, and we not only bought plenty of the
> stuff, we sold LOTS more of it. I just can't justify blowing $15 for a
> tin of stuff that my family can blow through in under 12 hours.

Our campaign just ended. Our group (33 Beavers/Cubs/Scouts/Leaders) sold
$18,100 of the stuff.

Gabby

Nancy Young

Gabby wrote:

> > I'm actually my son's scout leader, and we not only bought plenty of the
> > stuff, we sold LOTS more of it. I just can't justify blowing $15 for a
> > tin of stuff that my family can blow through in under 12 hours.

> Our campaign just ended. Our group (33 Beavers/Cubs/Scouts/Leaders) sold
> $18,100 of the stuff.

Where the heck were you when we were selling our cookbooks?
Huh huh huh?

nancy

Nancy Young

Gabby wrote:

> > I'm actually my son's scout leader, and we not only bought plenty of the
> > stuff, we sold LOTS more of it. I just can't justify blowing $15 for a
> > tin of stuff that my family can blow through in under 12 hours.

> Our campaign just ended. Our group (33 Beavers/Cubs/Scouts/Leaders) sold
> $18,100 of the stuff.

Where the heck were you when we were selling our cookbooks?
Huh huh huh?

nancy
Nancy Young

Gabby wrote:

> > I'm actually my son's scout leader, and we not only bought plenty of the
> > stuff, we sold LOTS more of it. I just can't justify blowing $15 for a
> > tin of stuff that my family can blow through in under 12 hours.

> Our campaign just ended. Our group (33 Beavers/Cubs/Scouts/Leaders) sold
> $18,100 of the stuff.

Where the heck were you when we were selling our cookbooks?
Huh huh huh?

nancy
Goomba38

Nancy Young wrote:

>>Our campaign just ended. Our group (33 Beavers/Cubs/Scouts/Leaders) sold
>>$18,100 of the stuff.

> Where the heck were you when we were selling our cookbooks?
> Huh huh huh?
>
> nancy

Hey Nancy...is that lil stress induced twitch
resolved yet? Isn't it about time to think of
Chaotic Kitchen Part Deux?? LOL LOL
You did a great job. Stop twitchin'
Goomba

Goomba38

Nancy Young wrote:

>>Our campaign just ended. Our group (33 Beavers/Cubs/Scouts/Leaders) sold
>>$18,100 of the stuff.

> Where the heck were you when we were selling our cookbooks?
> Huh huh huh?
>
> nancy

Hey Nancy...is that lil stress induced twitch
resolved yet? Isn't it about time to think of
Chaotic Kitchen Part Deux?? LOL LOL
You did a great job. Stop twitchin'
Goomba

Gabby

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> Gabby wrote:
>
>> > I'm actually my son's scout leader, and we not only bought plenty of
>> > the
>> > stuff, we sold LOTS more of it. I just can't justify blowing $15 for a
>> > tin of stuff that my family can blow through in under 12 hours.

>> Our campaign just ended. Our group (33 Beavers/Cubs/Scouts/Leaders) sold
>> $18,100 of the stuff.

> Where the heck were you when we were selling our cookbooks?
> Huh huh huh?

Don't think I could have convinced my husband to go out and sell $2000 worth
of cookbooks. ;o)

I, personally, don't go out to sell Trail's End popcorn. I just answer all
the phone calls from people looking to buy what has become the hottest
seller in our town. With this single campaign our Scouting group manages to
make all the camps free to all families and each Scout who wants to go to
Jamboree next summer will end up having to spend very little, if anything,
depending on how high his/her sales were.

Gabby

Gabby

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> Gabby wrote:
>
>> > I'm actually my son's scout leader, and we not only bought plenty of
>> > the
>> > stuff, we sold LOTS more of it. I just can't justify blowing $15 for a
>> > tin of stuff that my family can blow through in under 12 hours.

>> Our campaign just ended. Our group (33 Beavers/Cubs/Scouts/Leaders) sold
>> $18,100 of the stuff.

> Where the heck were you when we were selling our cookbooks?
> Huh huh huh?

Don't think I could have convinced my husband to go out and sell $2000 worth
of cookbooks. ;o)

I, personally, don't go out to sell Trail's End popcorn. I just answer all
the phone calls from people looking to buy what has become the hottest
seller in our town. With this single campaign our Scouting group manages to
make all the camps free to all families and each Scout who wants to go to
Jamboree next summer will end up having to spend very little, if anything,
depending on how high his/her sales were.

Gabby

Hahabogus

Goomba38 > wrote in
:

> Nancy Young wrote:
>

> >>Our campaign just ended. Our group (33
> >>Beavers/Cubs/Scouts/Leaders) sold $18,100 of the stuff.

> > Where the heck were you when we were selling our cookbooks?
> > Huh huh huh?
> >
> > nancy

> Hey Nancy...is that lil stress induced twitch
> resolved yet? Isn't it about time to think of
> Chaotic Kitchen Part Deux?? LOL LOL
> You did a great job. Stop twitchin'
> Goomba

Nancy wants to do another CookBook?...Great!!!

--
Starchless in Manitoba.
Hahabogus

Goomba38 > wrote in
:

> Nancy Young wrote:
>

> >>Our campaign just ended. Our group (33
> >>Beavers/Cubs/Scouts/Leaders) sold $18,100 of the stuff.

> > Where the heck were you when we were selling our cookbooks?
> > Huh huh huh?
> >
> > nancy

> Hey Nancy...is that lil stress induced twitch
> resolved yet? Isn't it about time to think of
> Chaotic Kitchen Part Deux?? LOL LOL
> You did a great job. Stop twitchin'
> Goomba

Nancy wants to do another CookBook?...Great!!!

--
Starchless in Manitoba.
Dog3

Dave Smith > wrote in
:

> RiKK wrote:
>

>> Any ideas where I can buy popcorn for what I need? I don't care if
>> it's simple, plain microwave (no butter preferred, no salt
>> definitely) or already-popped.

> Do they not sell regular popping corn in the grocery stores. I used to
> make caramel corn once in a while when our son was around but haven't
> made it in years. I never had trouble finding it in a grocery store
> of bulk food store.

Try some of the discount stores. I think here it is called Movie Time and
comes in plan, unsalted. I've never tried it so I can't vouch for the
flavor. You could always stock up when you go to a movie also.

Michael