Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Labor Day Meal

So it's Labor Day. I thought I would minimize labor. I expected that
I'd knock back a few and simmer up some frozen bite sized ham chunks
from Easter in just enough water, drop in some canned Pintos and feed
my wife. Things were going well until she figured out what I was doing.
"Can I have some cornbread?" What! Ten minutes of messin' and fixin'
ingredients off of a Albers cornbread box, heating the oven and
greased skillet, pouring the ingredients and twenty five minutes after
that, I finally achieved peace. I made her serve herself.
What part of Labor Day don't people get?

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 4, 2017 at 10:39:18 PM UTC-5, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> So it's Labor Day. I thought I would minimize labor. I expected that
> I'd knock back a few and simmer up some frozen bite sized ham chunks
> from Easter in just enough water, drop in some canned Pintos and feed
> my wife. Things were going well until she figured out what I was doing.
> "Can I have some cornbread?" What! Ten minutes of messin' and fixin'
> ingredients off of a Albers cornbread box, heating the oven and
> greased skillet, pouring the ingredients and twenty five minutes after
> that, I finally achieved peace. I made her serve herself.
> What part of Labor Day don't people get?
>
> leo

She understood the concept of Labor Day very well! She made you
do all the labor!!

Although I am not a huge fan of pinto beans your dinner does sound
pretty good. No chopped onion to go with those beans?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Leonard Blaisdell" wrote in message

So it's Labor Day. I thought I would minimize labor. I expected that
I'd knock back a few and simmer up some frozen bite sized ham chunks
from Easter in just enough water, drop in some canned Pintos and feed
my wife. Things were going well until she figured out what I was doing.
"Can I have some cornbread?" What! Ten minutes of messin' and fixin'
ingredients off of a Albers cornbread box, heating the oven and
greased skillet, pouring the ingredients and twenty five minutes after
that, I finally achieved peace. I made her serve herself.
What part of Labor Day don't people get?

leo

==

I don't know how you cope ... ;p

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/5/2017 12:04 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I had a couple Whoppers (extra pickle
> and add processed pepperjack cheese at home).

Choke to death on it, you fat *******.

And lay off the gays, you insensitive jerkwad.

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> While I usually do some sort of traditional BBQ spread, I got off way
> easier than you did this year. I had a couple Whoppers (extra pickle
> and add processed pepperjack cheese at home). I was hungry after not
> eating for a couple days, but really didn't want to cook anything.
> They tasted pretty damned good when you're hungry.

I do love the Whoppers. I bought them often when they put out the
buy one get one free coupons. Then about a year ago, they stopped
that deal and started with the 5 for 5 lunch...no thanks.

Now they have the 2 for $6 deals for just whoppers. That's close
enough for me and I plan to buy a couple in the next few days. I
have been craving them as it's been well over a year since I had
some.

I don't add anything to those. I like them just as they come.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 05 Sep 2017 13:12:29 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> While I usually do some sort of traditional BBQ spread, I got off way
>> easier than you did this year. I had a couple Whoppers (extra pickle
>> and add processed pepperjack cheese at home). I was hungry after not
>> eating for a couple days, but really didn't want to cook anything.
>> They tasted pretty damned good when you're hungry.

>I do love the Whoppers. I bought them often when they put out the
>buy one get one free coupons. Then about a year ago, they stopped
>that deal and started with the 5 for 5 lunch...no thanks.
>
>Now they have the 2 for $6 deals for just whoppers. That's close
>enough for me and I plan to buy a couple in the next few days. I
>have been craving them as it's been well over a year since I had
>some.
>
>I don't add anything to those. I like them just as they come.

Ddon't you mean just as they ***?

How can any normal brained person stomach that dreck...
only one way... TIAD!
Some decent restaurants serve decent burgers but not many.
Today at the market in town they were selling family pack (3+lbs)
ground beef BOGO. They were also selling top round roasts BOGO...
guess which I bought. I asked my favorite meat lady to get me two
five pounders, by the time I did the rest of my shopping she had them
all ready for me. About half of one, thre thicker end will go into
the oven for tonight's dinner. The other one was cut in half, the
thicker end was frozen. The two narrower ends were ground and frozen
in two ~2 lb packages. No one who says they cook can make me believe
they cook when they eat fast food, especially mystery meat... I can
understand an Eyetalian sub from a deli or doctered frozen pizza but
never mystery meat burgers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/5/2017 8:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> hat was the first sandwich(s) I've eaten from BK for probably a year.
>
> -sw

Choke to death on it, you fat *******.

And lay off the gays, you insensitive jerkwad.

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"> wrote:

> Although I am not a huge fan of pinto beans your dinner does sound
> pretty good. No chopped onion to go with those beans?

Hmm. I've never considered onions or celery for that matter. I do cook
carrot coins separately and serve them in my portion. She likes just
ham and beans. No extra seasoning at all. The ham broth provides the
salt.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 5:25:49 PM UTC-5, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> In article >,
> "> wrote:
>
> > Although I am not a huge fan of pinto beans your dinner does sound
> > pretty good. No chopped onion to go with those beans?

> Hmm. I've never considered onions or celery for that matter. I do cook
> carrot coins separately and serve them in my portion. She likes just
> ham and beans. No extra seasoning at all. The ham broth provides the
> salt.
>
> leo

No, not cooked in or with the beans. Chopped raw onion mixed in the
beans after you've served yourself.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 5:25:49 PM UTC-5, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:
>>
>> In article >,
>> "> wrote:
>>
>> > Although I am not a huge fan of pinto beans your dinner does sound
>> > pretty good. No chopped onion to go with those beans?

>> Hmm. I've never considered onions or celery for that matter. I do cook
>> carrot coins separately and serve them in my portion. She likes just
>> ham and beans. No extra seasoning at all. The ham broth provides the
>> salt.
>>
>> leo
>>

> No, not cooked in or with the beans. Chopped raw onion mixed in the
> beans after you've served yourself.

Yummy for sure.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"> wrote:

> No, not cooked in or with the beans. Chopped raw onion mixed in the
> beans after you've served yourself.

I've never even considered that until now. That actually sounds good. I
love chopped fresh onion with bean chili. I know, no such thing. Now to
remember in about a month when I cook it again. Carrots don't sound
good if I add fresh onion. Onion sounds better. Thanks for the
inspiration. I just gotta remember.
Wife says no. I say yes. It's on for me!

leo