Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hurricane Irma

I assume most of us on the east coast are watching this now.

There's a huge number of fake hoopla sites about it. Reality is they
are unsure how strong she will be, or where she will land (if she lands
at all).

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message

> I assume most of us on the east coast are watching this now.
>
> There's a huge number of fake hoopla sites about it. Reality is they
> are unsure how strong she will be, or where she will land (if she lands
> at all).
>
> Carol

I just saw on the weather channel that it was downgrading, dunno for sure
though.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/4/2017 12:24 PM, cshenk wrote:

> I assume most of us on the east coast are watching this now.
>
> There's a huge number of fake hoopla sites about it. Reality is they
> are unsure how strong she will be, or where she will land (if she lands
> at all).
>
> Carol

I'm watching. It's moving slowly, about 14 MPH. It's still well to the
south of the US eastern coast. It's nearing the Lesser Antilles, Puerto
Rico, the Bahamas. No surprise.

Irma hasn't given much of an indication yet of path along the eastern
seaboard.

"The latest update from the NHC said: ““There is an increasing chance of
seeing some impacts from Irma in the Florida Peninsula and the Florida
Keys later this week and this weekend."

That's days away. While it's always good to be prepared, it's not time
to worry yet.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "cshenk" > wrote in message
> >
> > I assume most of us on the east coast are watching this now.
> >
> > There's a huge number of fake hoopla sites about it. Reality is
> > they are unsure how strong she will be, or where she will land (if
> > she lands at all).
> >
> > Carol

> I just saw on the weather channel that it was downgrading, dunno for
> sure though.
>
> Cheri

Specs have her downgrading then upgrading. Most recent seems FL may
take a major hit. Hard to say still though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/4/2017 12:36 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "cshenk" > wrote in message
>>
>> I assume most of us on the east coast are watching this now.
>>
>> There's a huge number of fake hoopla sites about it. Reality is they
>> are unsure how strong she will be, or where she will land (if she lands
>> at all).
>>
>> Carol

> I just saw on the weather channel that it was downgrading, dunno for
> sure though.
>
> Cheri

Irma appears to be drifting well to the south of Florida. No way to
tell. While I believe in being prepared, I don't think it's time to
worry yet.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/4/2017 1:25 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/4/2017 12:24 PM, cshenk wrote:
>>
>> I assume most of us on the east coast are watching this now.
>>
>> There's a huge number of fake hoopla sites about it.* Reality is they
>> are unsure how strong she will be, or where she will land (if she lands
>> at all).
>>
>> *Carol
>>

> I'm watching.* It's moving slowly, about 14 MPH.* It's still well to the
> south of the US eastern coast.* It's nearing the Lesser Antilles, Puerto
> Rico, the Bahamas.* No surprise.
>
> Irma hasn't given much of an indication yet of path along the eastern
> seaboard.
>
> "The latest update from the NHC said: ““There is an increasing chance of
> seeing some impacts from Irma in the Florida Peninsula and the Florida
> Keys later this week and this weekend."
>
> That's days away.* While it's always good to be prepared, it's not time
> to worry yet.
>
> Jill

The local weather was showing the computer projections. Must have been
at least 50 of them and one line went through our town. The next time
the lines all moved and the closest was 100 miles away.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/4/2017 1:59 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 9/4/2017 1:25 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 9/4/2017 12:24 PM, cshenk wrote:
>>>
>>> I assume most of us on the east coast are watching this now.
>>>
>>> There's a huge number of fake hoopla sites about it. Reality is they
>>> are unsure how strong she will be, or where she will land (if she lands
>>> at all).
>>>
>>> Carol
>>>

>> I'm watching. It's moving slowly, about 14 MPH. It's still well to
>> the south of the US eastern coast. It's nearing the Lesser Antilles,
>> Puerto Rico, the Bahamas. No surprise.
>>
>> Irma hasn't given much of an indication yet of path along the eastern
>> seaboard.
>>
>> "The latest update from the NHC said: ““There is an increasing chance
>> of seeing some impacts from Irma in the Florida Peninsula and the
>> Florida Keys later this week and this weekend."
>>
>> That's days away. While it's always good to be prepared, it's not
>> time to worry yet.
>>
>> Jill

> The local weather was showing the computer projections. Must have been
> at least 50 of them and one line went through our town. The next time
> the lines all moved and the closest was 100 miles away.

Maybe you should batten down the hatches, Ed.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/4/2017 2:10 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/4/2017 1:59 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> I'm watching.* It's moving slowly, about 14 MPH.* It's still well to
>>> the south of the US eastern coast.* It's nearing the Lesser Antilles,
>>> Puerto Rico, the Bahamas.* No surprise.
>>>
>>> Irma hasn't given much of an indication yet of path along the eastern
>>> seaboard.
>>>
>>> "The latest update from the NHC said: ““There is an increasing chance
>>> of seeing some impacts from Irma in the Florida Peninsula and the
>>> Florida Keys later this week and this weekend."
>>>
>>> That's days away.* While it's always good to be prepared, it's not
>>> time to worry yet.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> The local weather was showing the computer projections.* Must have been
>> at least 50 of them and one line went through our town.* The next time
>> the lines all moved and the closest was 100 miles away.

> Maybe you should batten down the hatches, Ed.
>
> Jill

Just looked again. Hardly any lines coming up here but Florida looks
like a spider web with all the potential tracks.

Scroll down about 2/3 of the way and you will see it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 9/4/2017 2:10 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> > > The local weather was showing the computer projections.* Must
> > > have been at least 50 of them and one line went through our
> > > town.* The next time the lines all moved and the closest was 100
> > > miles away.

> > Maybe you should batten down the hatches, Ed.
> >
> > Jill

> Just looked again. Hardly any lines coming up here but Florida looks
> like a spider web with all the potential tracks.
>
> Scroll down about 2/3 of the way and you will see it.

Yes, seeing same. Some 2 days ago they had landfall at or near Hampton
Roads. Now, not seeing that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 4 Sep 2017 14:10:58 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 9/4/2017 1:59 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> I'm watching. It's moving slowly, about 14 MPH. It's still well to
>>> the south of the US eastern coast. It's nearing the Lesser Antilles,
>>> Puerto Rico, the Bahamas. No surprise.
>>>
>>> Irma hasn't given much of an indication yet of path along the eastern
>>> seaboard.
>>>
>>> "The latest update from the NHC said: ““There is an increasing chance
>>> of seeing some impacts from Irma in the Florida Peninsula and the
>>> Florida Keys later this week and this weekend."
>>>
>>> That's days away. While it's always good to be prepared, it's not
>>> time to worry yet.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> The local weather was showing the computer projections. Must have been
>> at least 50 of them and one line went through our town. The next time
>> the lines all moved and the closest was 100 miles away.

>Maybe you should batten down the hatches, Ed.

Current projections show Irma skirting Puerto Rico, Dominican
Republic, and Haiti on the north side, then same for Cuba, before
entering the Gulf of Mexico south of Florida.

But it COULD go as far south as Jamaica, OR as far north as Southern
Florida. Each day, we know more.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

If it misses Fla it may hit Teaxs as bad as that would be.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 4, 2017 at 11:24:43 AM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:

> I assume most of us on the east coast are watching this now.
>
> There's a huge number of fake hoopla sites about it. Reality is they
> are unsure how strong she will be, or where she will land (if she lands
> at all).
>
> Carol

I'm hoping she turns out into the Atlantic Ocean.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > Wrote in message:

> I assume most of us on the east coast are watching this now.
>
> There's a huge number of fake hoopla sites about it. Reality is they
> are unsure how strong she will be, or where she will land (if she lands
> at all).
>
> Carol

I'm watching, in Maryland. Takes a lot to scare me but when they
say the hurricane rating system should maybe include cat 6 for
this one it scares me.
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Cheri wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> "cshenk" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > I assume most of us on the east coast are watching this now.
>> >
>> > There's a huge number of fake hoopla sites about it. Reality is
>> > they are unsure how strong she will be, or where she will land (if
>> > she lands at all).
>> >
>> > Carol

>> I just saw on the weather channel that it was downgrading, dunno for
>> sure though.
>>
>> Cheri

> Specs have her downgrading then upgrading. Most recent seems FL may
> take a major hit. Hard to say still though.

Yes, it seems to be changing by the minute.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 04 Sep 2017 11:24:35 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>I assume most of us on the east coast are watching this now.
>
>There's a huge number of fake hoopla sites about it. Reality is they
>are unsure how strong she will be, or where she will land (if she lands
>at all).

Latest ESTIMATE (and it IS only a guess) is a hit on the Keys,
while still at Cat 3 or even Cat 4.

THEN into the Gulf where it could turn north into New Orleans,
or even Houston. Or go west into Mexico.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:

> I'm watching, in Maryland. Takes a lot to scare me but when they
> say the hurricane rating system should maybe include cat 6 for
> this one it scares me.

Hi Cheryl. Hope you are doing fine.
Without looking it up, is there even a cat 6 hurricane?
I thought it stopped at cat 5 with sustained winds of 150+

Regardless....some place is going to get slammed real soon.
I'm doing some minor prep here just in case it does turn north.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet wrote:

> Stop wittering about hurricanes, start worrying about your POTUS
> about to start a nuclear WW3 on twitter.

both you and dsi1 trying to put this on Trump? Unbelievable. Both
of you sound like worthless housewives with no education at all.
Your opinions here are worthless to me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Labor day cane that hit the Fla keys and cane Camille are the only 2 cat 5's that have hit the US; they did say the cane that hit New Orleans was a cat 5, then they said it was a cat 4, then they said it was a cat 3, it may have ended up a cat 2.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Janet wrote:
>>
>> Stop wittering about hurricanes, start worrying about your POTUS
>> about to start a nuclear WW3 on twitter.

> both you and dsi1 trying to put this on Trump? Unbelievable. Both
> of you sound like worthless housewives with no education at all.
> Your opinions here are worthless to me.

Janet UK's is to me, as is the rest of the world as far as opinion of the
USA goes in newsgroups, so predictable.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 4 Sep 2017 14:03:59 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, September 4, 2017 at 11:24:43 AM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
>>
>> I assume most of us on the east coast are watching this now.
>>
>> There's a huge number of fake hoopla sites about it. Reality is they
>> are unsure how strong she will be, or where she will land (if she lands
>> at all).
>>
>> Carol
>>

>I'm hoping she turns out into the Atlantic Ocean.

There is VERY little chance of that, only one of the multiple models
thinks it will go that ay.

The OFCL (official National Hurricane Center) model shows it staying
south of Florida and passing into the Gulf, but the 5 day model stops
there, but looks like they might agree with me, that it will go out
further into the Gulf before turning north. So Florida, especially
the Keys, will likely get hit, but New Orleans and Houston better not
relax.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 06:30:12 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Tue, 05 Sep 2017 11:17:57 -0300, wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 06:21:41 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

says...

>>>Not much we can really do about either.
>>>
>>>Cindy Hamilton

>>It shouldn't be beyond someones capability to take out both parties
>>with weird hairdo's. I find it hard to believe we seem to be
>>regressing to the old Cold War days.

>I must say that I don't find it acceptable that a total lunatic has a
>hydrogen bomb at his disposal. Maybe the Chinese should go take him
>out and occupy the country. That way they won't have American military
>on their border.

I seethe everytime I see the idiot on televisiion - he's fat and ugly
and mean time the majority of North Koreans don't have enough food and
live in poverty while he spends it all on missiles. Then the other
fat, ugly man riles him up and we could all pay the price for their
stupidity.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> [...]
says...

>>>It shouldn't be beyond someones capability to take out both parties
>>>with weird hairdo's. I find it hard to believe we seem to be
>>>regressing to the old Cold War days.

>>I must say that I don't find it acceptable that a total lunatic has a
>>hydrogen bomb at his disposal. Maybe the Chinese should go take him
>>out and occupy the country. That way they won't have American military
>>on their border.

>I seethe everytime I see the idiot on televisiion - he's fat and ugly
>and mean time the majority of North Koreans don't have enough food and
>live in poverty while he spends it all on missiles. Then the other
>fat, ugly man riles him up and we could all pay the price for their
>stupidity.

Yes, Kim should be taken out for humanitarian reasons alone.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/5/2017 7:14 AM, Gary wrote:
> Janet wrote:
>>
>> Stop wittering about hurricanes, start worrying about your POTUS
>> about to start a nuclear WW3 on twitter.

> both you and dsi1 trying to put this on Trump? Unbelievable. Both
> of you sound like worthless housewives with no education at all.
> Your opinions here are worthless to me.

The reality is that there's very little that the US can do. We pretty
much have to sit back and let Uncle Un make the first move. Obviously,
he's not going to attack anybody but he is having the time of his life
being on the center of the world stage. The wise move would be the same
move as when dealing with attention seeking trolls in this newsgroup.
You ignore them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 12:12:10 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:

>On 9/5/2017 7:14 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Janet wrote:
>>>
>>> Stop wittering about hurricanes, start worrying about your POTUS
>>> about to start a nuclear WW3 on twitter.

>> both you and dsi1 trying to put this on Trump? Unbelievable. Both
>> of you sound like worthless housewives with no education at all.
>> Your opinions here are worthless to me.
>>

>The reality is that there's very little that the US can do. We pretty
>much have to sit back and let Uncle Un make the first move. Obviously,
>he's not going to attack anybody but he is having the time of his life
>being on the center of the world stage. The wise move would be the same
>move as when dealing with attention seeking trolls in this newsgroup.
>You ignore them.

But trolls can't throw a hydrogen bomb.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/5/2017 12:16 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 12:12:10 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:

>>> both you and dsi1 trying to put this on Trump? Unbelievable. Both
>>> of you sound like worthless housewives with no education at all.
>>> Your opinions here are worthless to me.
>>>

>> The reality is that there's very little that the US can do. We pretty
>> much have to sit back and let Uncle Un make the first move. Obviously,
>> he's not going to attack anybody but he is having the time of his life
>> being on the center of the world stage. The wise move would be the same
>> move as when dealing with attention seeking trolls in this newsgroup.
>> You ignore them.

> But trolls can't throw a hydrogen bomb.

You believe that we should ignore trolls on rfc but we cannot ignore
Uncle Un because he has the bomb.

I believe that we should ignore trolls on rfc but we have to ignore
Uncle Un - because he has the bomb.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-09-05 6:12 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 9/5/2017 7:14 AM, Gary wrote:

>> both you and dsi1 trying to put this on Trump? Unbelievable. Both
>> of you sound like worthless housewives with no education at all.
>> Your opinions here are worthless to me.
>>

> The reality is that there's very little that the US can do. We pretty
> much have to sit back and let Uncle Un make the first move.

Is that your reality? The guy had been poking at the US for a long time.
North Korea has been appeased a number of times and has been subjected
to sanctions, but they keep working on their missiles and their atomic
bomb programs. He has threatened to attack Guam and hinted at other US
targets. Now he is bragging about having an H bomb and is preparing to
launch another ICBM. It is hard to expect the US to will think it is
just another test when there is the possibility that he will plunk an
operational nuke onto it.

>Obviously,
> he's not going to attack anybody but he is having the time of his life
> being on the center of the world stage. The wise move would be the same
> move as when dealing with attention seeking trolls in this newsgroup.
> You ignore them.

The trolls in the groups are harmless. They can be ignored. This guy is
a dangerous lunatic and ignoring him can lead to a catastrophe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 18:26:40 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2017-09-05 6:12 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On 9/5/2017 7:14 AM, Gary wrote:

>>> both you and dsi1 trying to put this on Trump? Unbelievable. Both
>>> of you sound like worthless housewives with no education at all.
>>> Your opinions here are worthless to me.
>>>

>> The reality is that there's very little that the US can do. We pretty
>> much have to sit back and let Uncle Un make the first move.

>Is that your reality? The guy had been poking at the US for a long time.
>North Korea has been appeased a number of times and has been subjected
>to sanctions, but they keep working on their missiles and their atomic
>bomb programs. He has threatened to attack Guam and hinted at other US
>targets.

There are more countries than the US, Canada and the UK. He has
already shot a missile over Japan. South Korea is also not on his
Facebook friend list.

>Now he is bragging about having an H bomb and is preparing to
>launch another ICBM. It is hard to expect the US to will think it is
>just another test when there is the possibility that he will plunk an
>operational nuke onto it.
>
>> Obviously,
>> he's not going to attack anybody but he is having the time of his life
>> being on the center of the world stage. The wise move would be the same
>> move as when dealing with attention seeking trolls in this newsgroup.
>> You ignore them.

>The trolls in the groups are harmless. They can be ignored. This guy is
>a dangerous lunatic and ignoring him can lead to a catastrophe.

Yes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/5/2017 4:12 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 9/5/2017 7:14 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Janet wrote:
>>>
>>> ** Stop wittering about hurricanes, start worrying about your POTUS
>>> about to start a nuclear WW3 on twitter.

>> both you and dsi1 trying to put this on Trump? Unbelievable. Both
>> of you sound like worthless housewives with no education at all.
>> Your opinions here are worthless to me.
>>

> The reality is that there's very little that the US can do.

Sad, but so true.

> We pretty
> much have to sit back and let Uncle Un make the first move.

Yep!

> Obviously,
> he's not going to attack anybody but he is having the time of his life
> being on the center of the world stage.

Even better than sleepovers with Dennis Rodman!

> The wise move would be the same
> move as when dealing with attention seeking trolls in this newsgroup.
> You ignore them.

Heh!

That last shot over Japan upped the ante some.

;-(

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/5/2017 4:26 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 9/5/2017 12:16 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> The reality is that there's very little that the US can do. We pretty
>>> much have to sit back and let Uncle Un make the first move. Obviously,
>>> he's not going to attack anybody but he is having the time of his life
>>> being on the center of the world stage. The wise move would be the same
>>> move as when dealing with attention seeking trolls in this newsgroup.
>>> You ignore them.

>> But trolls can't throw a hydrogen bomb.
>>

> You believe that we should ignore trolls on rfc but we cannot ignore
> Uncle Un because he has the bomb.
>
> I believe that we should ignore trolls on rfc but we have to ignore
> Uncle Un - because he has the bomb.

Well that's not a Haiku, but it's nice anyway!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/5/2017 4:26 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> This guy is a dangerous lunatic and ignoring him can lead to a catastrophe.

You should have taken that up with the guys who SOLD him the nukes =
Jimma Carter and Humidor Clinton!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I think an atomic bomb is very nearly as useful as a H bomb, for N Koreas part anyway.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 16:36:28 -0600, Casa de Masa > wrote:

>On 9/5/2017 3:45 PM, xxx wrote:
>> I seethe everytime I see the idiot on televisiion - he's fat and ugly
>> and mean time the majority of North Koreans don't have enough food and
>> live in poverty while he spends it all on missiles. Then the other
>> fat, ugly man riles him up and we could all pay the price for their
>> stupidity.

>"riles him up", eh?
>
>Now how does HE do THAT?
>
>Lil Kim has been popping off like a bottle rocket ever since he took
>power, you whiny old canuck xxxx!
>
>****ing learn some history, xxxxx!

People who are chummy with the Boner Troll implicitly approve of posts
like this and are not much better than he is.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/5/2017 4:41 PM, l not -l wrote:
> What this country needs is a real, moderate Republican who has
> the sense and ability to work with others to accomplish something
> other than hate and self-aggrandizement.

Oh a classic waffling RINO like say McStain perhaps?

Screw those swamper dealcutters.

> I am ashamed of the Republican Party for letting things degrade
> to this low;

Nothing degraded in candidates like Kasich, Walker, or Rubio..

> I am ashamed of the American voters who put this
> side-show clown in office.

Because you would rather have had Shillary and her corrupt "global
foundation"?

> I am especially ashamed of American
> citizens who could have, but chose not to vote.

Well that's one agreement.

> And, I am
> saddened that the Democratic Party could not have put forth an
> alternative that was more palatable than what we ended up with.

Oh they had one - his name is Jim Webb!

> It is time to stop all the "my way or no way" BS and elect people
> who will work with others to accomplish more than division and
> hate.

Like Obummer "worked with" the Rs on his health care sight unread debacle?

Please...

Cry me a ****ing river, dolt.