Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default pot luck item

On 8/23/2017 8:49 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 3:11:33 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>> Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> All those chains use this kind of chicken:
>>>
>>> <http://images0.tcdn.nl/feed/article21882861.ece/BINARY/original/plofkip>

>> Nonsense. That's militant vegetarians promoting that.
>> I worked at a KFC the summer of 1971 and for those 2 months,
>> my main job was to cut up the chickens every few days into
>> 9 parts.
>>
>> Whole chickens arrived at the store every 2-3 days
>> and I'm the one that cut them up. These were fresh
>> killed chickens, all the same size and whole.
>> They were perfect chicken bodies, not some
>> birth-defect chickens that you believe.
>>
>> I can understand you not eating meat in order to
>> save the animals but don't spread myths like that.

> Back then, the backbone was not served with the chicken. The whole breasts were the largest pieces. That was chicken heaven. God knows what they did with all those backbones.

Stock!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2017 7:02 AM, Gary wrote:
> So.... Various meals of the original only. We also added mashed
> potatoes with gravy. And coleslaw. No dumb biscuits back then.
> Back then your meal came with 2 soft dinner rolls. Only other
> thing sold there were tiny single serving desserts and a few
> whole dessert pies to take home.

Wow, I remember those rolls - they were kind of Parker House style, iirc.

Tasty too!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
9.44:

> Not just pertaining to cars, but I've always tried to
> prevent a mess instead of making one.

Is that why you wear a bib and knee pads? LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 21:19:22 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
> > Gary wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> <http://images0.tcdn.nl/feed/article2...Y/original/plo
> >> Nonsense. That's militant vegetarians promoting that.
> >> I worked at a KFC the summer of 1971 and for those 2 months,
> >> my main job was to cut up the chickens every few days into
> >> 9 parts.
> >>
> >> Whole chickens arrived at the store every 2-3 days
> >> and I'm the one that cut them up. These were fresh
> >> killed chickens, all the same size and whole.
> >> They were perfect chicken bodies, not some
> >> birth-defect chickens that you believe.
> >>
> >> I can understand you not eating meat in order to
> >> save the animals but don't spread myths like that.

> > Dont worry, we all know he makes that crap up

> Stop trolling, please. It looks bad on you, Cshenkie.

I'mn not trolling, I'm calling bull on your post.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 3:11:33 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> > Bruce wrote:
> > >
> > > All those chains use this kind of chicken:
> > >
> > > <http://images0.tcdn.nl/feed/article2...ARY/original/p
> > > lofkip>

> > Nonsense. That's militant vegetarians promoting that.
> > I worked at a KFC the summer of 1971 and for those 2 months,
> > my main job was to cut up the chickens every few days into
> > 9 parts.
> >
> > Whole chickens arrived at the store every 2-3 days
> > and I'm the one that cut them up. These were fresh
> > killed chickens, all the same size and whole.
> > They were perfect chicken bodies, not some
> > birth-defect chickens that you believe.
> >
> > I can understand you not eating meat in order to
> > save the animals but don't spread myths like that.

> Back then, the backbone was not served with the chicken. The whole
> breasts were the largest pieces. That was chicken heaven. God knows
> what they did with all those backbones.

Soup I think! Pet food as well likely.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > Back then, the backbone was not served with the chicken.
> > The whole breasts were the largest pieces. That was
> > chicken heaven. God knows what they did with all
> > those backbones.

> Not true in my store, Dsi1. Remember, I cut up all the
> perfect fresh chickens that summer. I liked that part
> of my job. Backbones were sliced right down the middle
> and you got 1/2 backbone with each breast piece.
>
> Here's how I cut them using a cool spinning razor sharp round
> blade:
>
> - fold the two wings then cut them off
> - cut the chicken in half between breast and thigh area
> - cut the "keel" off of the tip of chicken breast
> - cut the chicken breast in half, right down the middle
> of the backbone.
> - cut between thighs and drums
>
> 9 pieces and 2 chickens (18 pieces) to a bag.
>
> When we cooked chicken in 6 large pressure cookers
> with lard, that cooked one bag (18 pieces) in each
> pressure cooker.
>
> Back then, KFC was NOT a full restaurant that served other things
> besides chicken.
>
> My store sold "original chicken" only. This was before they came
> out with extra crispy and whatever else they added later.
>
> So.... Various meals of the original only. We also added mashed
> potatoes with gravy. And coleslaw. No dumb biscuits back then.
> Back then your meal came with 2 soft dinner rolls. Only other
> thing sold there were tiny single serving desserts and a few
> whole dessert pies to take home.
>
> We also delivered but not from someones personal car. The store
> had their own KFC VW bug painted red with the KFC logo and pic of
> Col.Sanders on both sides. The passenger seat was removed to hold
> the insulated hot box for deliveries.
>
> I did most of the deliveries too. Mostly to the Newport naval
> base. Some on ships so I got to walk up the gangplank and deliver
> onboard ships. Others to the barracks there.
>
> As someone else said, this was long ago and probably not the same
> now. I know they don't use pressure cookers now. Now it's some
> new-fangled pressure frier thing. Probably not lard either.
>
> One last thing. The good perk of the job was that when you were
> working your shift, you were allowed to eat all the chicken that
> your wanted. At first I thought I had died and gone to KFC
> heaven. Funny though...after eating all I wanted to for a week or
> so, I got so sick of that chicken taste that most of my time, I
> never again ate any "free" chicken. hehaha
>
> I never even went back to KFC for several years after I had left.
> Good chicken but "too much of a good thing" is very true.
>
> :-D

I can well understand that one! Bit too much of a good thing can turn
you off for a bit.

Anyways, haven't had KFC in a while so not sure on the backbone.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 18:18:54 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> <http://images0.tcdn.nl/feed/article2...Y/original/plo

>> > Dont worry, we all know he makes that crap up

>> Stop trolling, please. It looks bad on you, Cshenkie.

>I'mn not trolling, I'm calling bull on your post.

Let's be adults about it and agree to disagree.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 18:18:54 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
> > Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> <http://images0.tcdn.nl/feed/article2...Y/original/plo

> promoting that. >> >> I worked at a KFC the summer of 1971 and for
> those 2 months, >> >> my main job was to cut up the chickens every
> few days into >> >> 9 parts.

> >> Stop trolling, please. It looks bad on you, Cshenkie.

> > I'mn not trolling, I'm calling bull on your post.

> Let's be adults about it and agree to disagree.

Ok, but the picture was the issue. I have no issue at all with your
chosing to not eat other than fish.

Over and done now.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2017 5:55 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 18:18:54 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
>> Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> <http://images0.tcdn.nl/feed/article2...Y/original/plo

>>> Stop trolling, please. It looks bad on you, Cshenkie.

>> I'mn not trolling, I'm calling bull on your post.

> Let's be adults about it and agree to disagree.

Troll surrender.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 18:58:25 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Bruce wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> <http://images0.tcdn.nl/feed/article2...Y/original/plo

>> promoting that. >> >> I worked at a KFC the summer of 1971 and for
>> those 2 months, >> >> my main job was to cut up the chickens every
>> few days into >> >> 9 parts.

>> > I'mn not trolling, I'm calling bull on your post.

>> Let's be adults about it and agree to disagree.

>Ok, but the picture was the issue. I have no issue at all with your
>chosing to not eat other than fish.
>
>Over and done now.

Oh, I meant the McDonalds thing. The picture of the chicken's very
real. You'll find that in any chicken factory all over the world. I
can't believe that's news to anybody. Or that anybody would treat and
then eat animals like that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2017 7:18 PM, Bruce wrote:
> can't believe that's news to anybody. Or that anybody would treat and
> then eat animals like that.

Animals = protein.

Cope, troll.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 8:57:20 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:
> > >
> > > In my car, I'm the only person in it so I'll smoke if I want to. But I
> > > have never eaten in my car.

> > And you think that smoking in your car is better than eating in
> > your car? Do explain.
> >
> > Personally, if I own the car (and it's not a lease), I do any
> > damn thing I want to in the car. Others can just back off with
> > the criticism.

> Didn't this start with your criticism of your father?

Not criticism. I was just relating a funny story about that
time.

My daughter and I went on a road trip with my parents.
When he stopped at McDonalds halfway there he said,
"My treat. Buy anything you want."
So I bought the 3 QP/w cheese and fries thinking I would
eat one now and save the rest to eat during the next
4 hours of travel. And share some of it too.

I had always done similar whenever I drove long distance.

Only after I finished the 1st burger and said, "ok, let's go,"
did I find out that he didn't allow food or drink in his car.
eh-oh. Would have been nice if I had known that beforehand. So
since he paid for it, I politely ate it all. The second burger
was nice even though I could have waited. It was the third burger
that was a chore. He politely sat there waiting for me to finish
though. ;-D

As I said, I just thought is was a funny story, looking back on
it now.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message ...
> > Cheri wrote:

> >> I don't care about mistakes, spelling, typos or any of that, as long as I
> >> can read it, I'm good.

> > Same here. It's all easy enough to figure out.

> Yes, it is. I do notice as I've gotten older that sometimes words like
> *their* and *there* get mixed up occasionally as well.

Yep and a spell checker won't catch those. Probably a grammar
checker would though.

I rarely use the spell checker but I often check my own spelling
before I send. Still miss some though but not often. I can almost
always type something and immediately see that it "doesn't look
right." That's when I'll do the spell checker.

Everyone spells wrong occasionally. Only time I'll comment is
when the wrong way sounds funny.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 6:26:19 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > And you think that smoking in your car is better than eating in
> > > your car? Do explain.
> > >
> > > Personally, if I own the car (and it's not a lease), I do any
> > > damn thing I want to in the car. Others can just back off with
> > > the criticism.

> > Didn't this start with your criticism of your father?

> Not criticism. I was just relating a funny story about that
> time.

You called your father an assmunch. That seems a wee bit critical.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-08-25 6:27 AM, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> Not criticism. I was just relating a funny story about that
> time.
>
> My daughter and I went on a road trip with my parents.
> When he stopped at McDonalds halfway there he said,
> "My treat. Buy anything you want."
> So I bought the 3 QP/w cheese and fries thinking I would
> eat one now and save the rest to eat during the next
> 4 hours of travel. And share some of it too.
>
> I had always done similar whenever I drove long distance.
>
> Only after I finished the 1st burger and said, "ok, let's go,"
> did I find out that he didn't allow food or drink in his car.
> eh-oh. Would have been nice if I had known that beforehand. So
> since he paid for it, I politely ate it all. The second burger
> was nice even though I could have waited. It was the third burger
> that was a chore. He politely sat there waiting for me to finish
> though. ;-D
>
> As I said, I just thought is was a funny story, looking back on
> it now.

You should have tried travelling with my father. Trips started early in
the morning and had a lot packed into them, even if they were just a few
days. Don't eat too much or drink too much before departure because
there were no stops along the way. One one vacation when I was about 10
I had some sort of stomach ailment and several times I had to puke out
the window because he would not stop and let me out to do it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 08:06:22 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:
>
>You should have tried travelling with my father. Trips started early in
>the morning and had a lot packed into them, even if they were just a few
>days. Don't eat too much or drink too much before departure because
>there were no stops along the way. One one vacation when I was about 10
>I had some sort of stomach ailment and several times I had to puke out
>the window because he would not stop and let me out to do it.

When we did the first trip across Canada and back, camping etc en
route, I only agreed to go if David said nothing about kids needing to
stop for a pee - no 'at the next gas station' or 'in another 15
minutes' etc etc
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> You called your father an assmunch. That seems a wee bit critical.

Trust me, he was a tyrant control freak. I only got along with
him ok once I left home many years before. On that drive, we rode
8 hours each way to see the new house he was having built. He
asked us to go. Once we got there, he then announced that only HE
could go inside due to insurance purposes. So me, daughter and
Mom sat in the car out in the driveway for 30 minutes while he
went in and inspected the house (no contractor there). Then we
drove back another 8 hours to the beach.

The most worthless road trip I ever went on and a total waste of
about 27 hours of my life. So yeah...assmunch pretty much
describes it.

Oh, and in case you're counting hours, that trip also includes
staying in some cheesy, smoke-smelly motel for the night. The
next morning, we went to the new house and he wouldn't even let
me go in with him to check it out.

Assmunch? yep Some people never change.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2017 6:38 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 6:26:19 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:

>>> Didn't this start with your criticism of your father?

>> Not criticism. I was just relating a funny story about that
>> time.

> You called your father an assmunch. That seems a wee bit critical.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Just because it is his father does not make him a wonderful person. I
hope you had a wonderful childhood. Some of us had portions less than
perfect.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 8:36:43 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > You called your father an assmunch. That seems a wee bit critical.

> Trust me, he was a tyrant control freak. I only got along with
> him ok once I left home many years before. On that drive, we rode
> 8 hours each way to see the new house he was having built. He
> asked us to go. Once we got there, he then announced that only HE
> could go inside due to insurance purposes. So me, daughter and
> Mom sat in the car out in the driveway for 30 minutes while he
> went in and inspected the house (no contractor there). Then we
> drove back another 8 hours to the beach.
>
> The most worthless road trip I ever went on and a total waste of
> about 27 hours of my life. So yeah...assmunch pretty much
> describes it.
>
> Oh, and in case you're counting hours, that trip also includes
> staying in some cheesy, smoke-smelly motel for the night. The
> next morning, we went to the new house and he wouldn't even let
> me go in with him to check it out.
>
> Assmunch? yep Some people never change.

Even well-deserved criticism is still criticism.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2017 4:38 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> Not criticism. I was just relating a funny story about that
>> time.

> You called your father an assmunch. That seems a wee bit critical.

Why is that YOUR call to make?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2017 6:06 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2017-08-25 6:27 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> Not criticism. I was just relating a funny story about that
>> time.
>>
>> My daughter and I went on a road trip with my parents.
>> When he stopped at McDonalds halfway there he said,
>> "My treat. Buy anything you want."
>> So I bought the 3 QP/w cheese and fries thinking I would
>> eat one now and save the rest to eat during the next
>> 4 hours of travel. And share some of it too.
>>
>> I had always done similar whenever I drove long distance.
>>
>> Only after I finished the 1st burger and said, "ok, let's go,"
>> did I find out that he didn't allow food or drink in his car.
>> eh-oh. Would have been nice if I had known that beforehand. So
>> since he paid for it, I politely ate it all. The second burger
>> was nice even though I could have waited. It was the third burger
>> that was a chore.Â* He politely sat there waiting for me to finish
>> though.Â* ;-D
>>
>> As I said, I just thought is was a funny story, looking back on
>> it now.

> You should have tried travelling with my father. Trips started early in
> the morning and had a lot packed into them, even if they were just a few
> days. Don't eat too much or drink too much before departure because
> there were no stops along the way.Â* One one vacation when I was about 10
> IÂ* had some sort of stomach ailment and several times I had to puke out
> the window because he would not stop and let me out to do it.

What an asshole, and look how YOU turned out for it!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2017 6:38 AM, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> You called your father an assmunch. That seems a wee bit critical.

> Trust me, he was a tyrant control freak. I only got along with
> him ok once I left home many years before. On that drive, we rode
> 8 hours each way to see the new house he was having built. He
> asked us to go. Once we got there, he then announced that only HE
> could go inside due to insurance purposes. So me, daughter and
> Mom sat in the car out in the driveway for 30 minutes while he
> went in and inspected the house (no contractor there). Then we
> drove back another 8 hours to the beach.
>
> The most worthless road trip I ever went on and a total waste of
> about 27 hours of my life. So yeah...assmunch pretty much
> describes it.
>
> Oh, and in case you're counting hours, that trip also includes
> staying in some cheesy, smoke-smelly motel for the night. The
> next morning, we went to the new house and he wouldn't even let
> me go in with him to check it out.
>
> Assmunch? yep Some people never change.

Nicely stated.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2017 7:58 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 8:36:43 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> You called your father an assmunch. That seems a wee bit critical.

>> Trust me, he was a tyrant control freak. I only got along with
>> him ok once I left home many years before. On that drive, we rode
>> 8 hours each way to see the new house he was having built. He
>> asked us to go. Once we got there, he then announced that only HE
>> could go inside due to insurance purposes. So me, daughter and
>> Mom sat in the car out in the driveway for 30 minutes while he
>> went in and inspected the house (no contractor there). Then we
>> drove back another 8 hours to the beach.
>>
>> The most worthless road trip I ever went on and a total waste of
>> about 27 hours of my life. So yeah...assmunch pretty much
>> describes it.
>>
>> Oh, and in case you're counting hours, that trip also includes
>> staying in some cheesy, smoke-smelly motel for the night. The
>> next morning, we went to the new house and he wouldn't even let
>> me go in with him to check it out.
>>
>> Assmunch? yep Some people never change.

> Even well-deserved criticism is still criticism.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Did you think that somehow parents were immune to criticism?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 11:50:58 AM UTC-4, Casa de Masa wrote:
> On 8/25/2017 7:58 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> Trust me, he was a tyrant control freak. I only got along with
> >> him ok once I left home many years before. On that drive, we rode
> >> 8 hours each way to see the new house he was having built. He
> >> asked us to go. Once we got there, he then announced that only HE
> >> could go inside due to insurance purposes. So me, daughter and
> >> Mom sat in the car out in the driveway for 30 minutes while he
> >> went in and inspected the house (no contractor there). Then we
> >> drove back another 8 hours to the beach.
> >>
> >> The most worthless road trip I ever went on and a total waste of
> >> about 27 hours of my life. So yeah...assmunch pretty much
> >> describes it.
> >>
> >> Oh, and in case you're counting hours, that trip also includes
> >> staying in some cheesy, smoke-smelly motel for the ...

Context is everything. Here's some snipped context:

>On Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 8:57:20 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>> >
>> > In my car, I'm the only person in it so I'll smoke if I want to. But I
>> > have never eaten in my car.

>> And you think that smoking in your car is better than eating in
>> your car? Do explain.
>>
>> Personally, if I own the car (and it's not a lease), I do any
>> damn thing I want to in the car. Others can just back off with
>> the criticism.

>Didn't this start with your criticism of your father?
>
>Cindy Hamilton

A double order of criticism for everybody, please, bartender.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2017 10:22 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 11:50:58 AM UTC-4, Casa de Masa wrote:

> Context is everything. Here's some snipped context:

>>> And you think that smoking in your car is better than eating in
>>> your car? Do explain.
>>>
>>> Personally, if I own the car (and it's not a lease), I do any
>>> damn thing I want to in the car. Others can just back off with
>>> the criticism.

>> Didn't this start with your criticism of your father?
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> A double order of criticism for everybody, please, bartender.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Yes you seem to be feeding on it for sure!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2017 3:21 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> So how about that potluck item, eh?

Keep flailing, fatty.

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Fun Vintage Item jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 50 16-12-2015 09:24 PM
Wish Me Luck Boron Elgar[_1_] General Cooking 16 30-06-2009 02:35 AM
Pot Luck Dimitri General Cooking 0 23-04-2009 01:55 AM
Wish me luck TFM®[_2_] Barbecue 7 13-09-2008 04:43 PM
Pot Luck Help Rich General Cooking 49 08-05-2005 09:17 PM