Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default why do I still read this crap??

"Good morning. A squirrel ate the tomatoes growing in my yard, that I had
been tending closely in the heat, that I had fertilized with a tincture
of seaweed, that I had put on a table so that they could grab a little
more sun, that I had talked to because some people believe that helps them
grow. He was a big fellow with haunted eyes, more dirty-blond than gray,
with a long, unkempt tail, and he took from me my dream for a no-recipe
recipe for tonight: fat slices of homegrown heritage tomato sprinkled
with salt and drizzled with balsamic vinegar, alongside garlic-rubbed
toast made from my sourdough no-knead bread. The plants are in tatters
now. Farmers have the hardest job."

this can be summarized in 3 words: first world problems

<http://www.nytimes.com/indexes/2017/07/26/cooking/cooking-email/index.html?emc=edit_ck_20170726&nl=cooking&nlid=80 591572>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 27 Jul 2017 10:22:09a, tert in seattle told us...
>
>> "Good morning. A squirrel ate the tomatoes growing in my yard,
>> that I had been tending closely in the heat, that I had fertilized
>> with a tincture of seaweed, that I had put on a table so that they
>> could grab a little more sun, that I had talked to because some
>> people believe that helps them grow. He was a big fellow with
>> haunted eyes, more dirty-blond than gray, with a long, unkempt
>> tail, and he took from me my dream for a no-recipe recipe for
>> tonight: fat slices of homegrown heritage tomato sprinkled with
>> salt and drizzled with balsamic vinegar, alongside garlic-rubbed
>> toast made from my sourdough no-knead bread. The plants are in
>> tatters now. Farmers have the hardest job."
>>

>> this can be summarized in 3 words: first world problems
>>
>> <http://www.nytimes.com/indexes/2017/...oking-email/in
>> dex.html?emc=edit_ck_20170726&nl=cooking&nlid=8059 1572>
>>

> I have enough trouble managing my life in our US "first world contry",
> than I have time for thinking abought what goes on in third world
> countries. There are reasons those populations are there and not here,
> nor do I wish to have them here. Go ahead and think I'm selfish and
> insensitive. I don't really care what you think.

how did you manage to get so much sand in your vagina?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default why do I still read this faggots crap??

> Go ahead and think I'm selfish and
> insensitive. I don't really care what you think.

Have you even taken a nap since yesterday? You've
been on a 24 hour foam-fest in here, you sidewalk
sissy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/27/2017 2:11 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> I have enough trouble managing my life in our US "first world contry",
>> than I have time for thinking abought what goes on in third world
>> countries. There are reasons those populations are there and not here,
>> nor do I wish to have them here. Go ahead and think I'm selfish and
>> insensitive. I don't really care what you think.

> how did you manage to get so much sand in your vagina?

LOL!

His man-pussy is sore.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
9.45...
> On Thu 27 Jul 2017 11:11:15a, tert in seattle told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Thu 27 Jul 2017 10:22:09a, tert in seattle told us...

>>> I have enough trouble managing my life in our US "first world
>>> contry", than I have time for thinking abought what goes on in
>>> third world countries. There are reasons those populations are
>>> there and not here, nor do I wish to have them here. Go ahead
>>> and think I'm selfish and insensitive. I don't really care what
>>> you think.

>> how did you manage to get so much sand in your vagina?
>>

> Watch your mouth, tert!
>
> I'm not a racist by any stretch of he imaginaton. However, it's
> interesting to note that in the deep south the black population is
> hugely self-segregated. The same for the white population as well.
> They may work together, but most do not live in the same
> neighborhoods, nor socialize together.
>
> The same is often true in other parts of the US where there are
> clusters of various ethnic groups who not mingle with the other
> groups.
>
> Just because it can be done, doesn't not necessarily mean that is
> done, or should be done.

I saw that when I worked at the schools too, where I am there is a large
poplulation of Hispanics, and always at lunch time all the ethnic groups
pretty much self-segregated into their own groups while eating.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 7:30:06 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle wrote:
> "Good morning. A squirrel ate the tomatoes growing in my yard, that I had
> been tending closely in the heat, that I had fertilized with a tincture
> of seaweed, that I had put on a table so that they could grab a little
> more sun, that I had talked to because some people believe that helps them
> grow. He was a big fellow with haunted eyes, more dirty-blond than gray,
> with a long, unkempt tail, and he took from me my dream for a no-recipe
> recipe for tonight: fat slices of homegrown heritage tomato sprinkled
> with salt and drizzled with balsamic vinegar, alongside garlic-rubbed
> toast made from my sourdough no-knead bread. The plants are in tatters
> now. Farmers have the hardest job."
>

> this can be summarized in 3 words: first world problems
>
> <http://www.nytimes.com/indexes/2017/07/26/cooking/cooking-email/index.html?emc=edit_ck_20170726&nl=cooking&nlid=80 591572>

Okay, it might not be famine, or civil war, or religious fanatics taking over your town, or some horrible killer epidemic, or lack of clean drinking water, or having a crazed lunatic running the country, or lack of electricity, or any number of things. The important part to remember is that for some people, these problems are non-trivial. Tomatoes can be an important part of a nutritious, healthy, and well-balanced, diet. I don't eat tomatoes so that's not me but squirrels with haunted eyes would certainly be a big problem - if I was on the mainland.

When we lived outside of Seattle, we used to feed those little guys. Squirrels amuse Hawaii folks to no end because in Hawaii, we don't have any. It would come into our house and eat nuts for our entertainment. We loved that little critter. A squirrel with scary eyes would just ruin our day! I suppose that would mean it had rabies or some other awful disease.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Just because it can be done, doesn't not necessarily mean that is
> done, or should be done.

You're describing *** sex, right?

HaHaHaHaHaHaHa!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, 27 July 2017 12:30:06 UTC-5, tert in seattle wrote:
> "Good morning. A squirrel ate the tomatoes growing in my yard, that I had
> been tending closely in the heat, that I had fertilized with a tincture
> of seaweed, that I had put on a table so that they could grab a little
> more sun, that I had talked to because some people believe that helps them
> grow. He was a big fellow with haunted eyes, more dirty-blond than gray,
> with a long, unkempt tail, and he took from me my dream for a no-recipe
> recipe for tonight: fat slices of homegrown heritage tomato sprinkled
> with salt and drizzled with balsamic vinegar, alongside garlic-rubbed
> toast made from my sourdough no-knead bread. The plants are in tatters
> now. Farmers have the hardest job."
>

> this can be summarized in 3 words: first world problems
>
> <http://www.nytimes.com/indexes/2017/07/26/cooking/cooking-email/index.html?emc=edit_ck_20170726&nl=cooking&nlid=80 591572>

I thought for a second there that I was reading Dashiell Hammett...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message
news
> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> 9.45...

>>> how did you manage to get so much sand in your vagina?
>>>

>> Watch your mouth, tert!
>>
>> I'm not a racist by any stretch of he imaginaton. However, it's
>> interesting to note that in the deep south the black population is
>> hugely self-segregated. The same for the white population as well.
>> They may work together, but most do not live in the same
>> neighborhoods, nor socialize together.
>>
>> The same is often true in other parts of the US where there are
>> clusters of various ethnic groups who not mingle with the other
>> groups.
>>
>> Just because it can be done, doesn't not necessarily mean that is
>> done, or should be done.

> I saw that when I worked at the schools too, where I am there is a large
> poplulation of Hispanics, and always at lunch time all the ethnic groups
> pretty much self-segregated into their own groups while eating.

Some people are wanting to go back to that here. I had asked about a new
store. India Supermarket. It's very near here and I hoped they'd have
produce as that would be super handy. Turns out that they did. Very fresh
and nice but obviously tailored to what Indian people might want. But...
When I asked about it, someone actually told me that I shouldn't go there
because I'm white. Because of this comment, I felt a bit fearful to go in. I
actually was the only white person in there and much of what they sold was
not things I was familiar with but I did buy a few things and everyone was
really nice to me.

I just think it's weird. I grew up in segregated Wichita and moved here
where everyone was living seemingly peacefully, but now people are wanting
to segregate. It's not the white people doing this either. We're being told
to stay out of places and not even enter into social media conversations
because we don't understand.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Watch your mouth, tert!
>
> I'm not a racist by any stretch of he imaginaton. However, it's
> interesting to note that in the deep south the black population is
> hugely self-segregated. The same for the white population as well.
> They may work together, but most do not live in the same
> neighborhoods, nor socialize together.

Huh? What brought on that? It's also wrong. I don't know of a
neighborhood that isn't mixed racially here. There may be some areas
with McMansions but they probably are just a higher percentage of old
money folks and I'd hazard a guess they are mixed as well, just a
percentage difference.

The fact is, no one really cares anymore.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Thu 27 Jul 2017 12:12:21p, Cheri told us...
>
> > "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> > 9.45...
> >> On Thu 27 Jul 2017 11:11:15a, tert in seattle told us...

> >> Watch your mouth, tert!
> > >
> >> I'm not a racist by any stretch of he imaginaton. However, it's
> >> interesting to note that in the deep south the black population
> >> is hugely self-segregated. The same for the white population as
> >> well. They may work together, but most do not live in the same
> >> neighborhoods, nor socialize together.
> > >
> >> The same is often true in other parts of the US where there are
> >> clusters of various ethnic groups who not mingle with the other
> >> groups.
> > >
> >> Just because it can be done, doesn't not necessarily mean that is
> >> done, or should be done.

> > I saw that when I worked at the schools too, where I am there is a
> > large poplulation of Hispanics, and always at lunch time all the
> > ethnic groups pretty much self-segregated into their own groups
> > while eating.
> >
> > Cheri
> >

> And that carries over into the adult workforce and social areas as
> well.
>
> This reminds me of a series of experiences I had many years ago. A
> black woman who was my supervisor and also became a good friend
> invied me over for a party. She was cooking all soul food, and I
> knew several other black friends from work who would be there. What
> I didn't know was there were absolutely no other white people there.
> I felt like the token white person. Everyone was friendly, but it
> felt strange. I kind of felt like I won a battle though, when Barb
> (the supervisor) asked how I cooked greens and if she should use a
> ham mock. Only her mother had cooked this before. Not that it was a
> big deal, but I knex exactly what to do. I cooked the ham hock,
> reserivng it and some of the water it cook in. Then added turnip,
> mustard, and collard greens, and the turnips to the pot and cooked
> them til done, then added the meat from the ham hock, along with a
> few hot peppers. Everyone there was astounded that I knew how to
> cook "soul food". :-) I also baked the cornbread.

Ok, maybe I misread you? That sort of segregation is breaking down
fast now. I can tell you that the little party here 6 August is
totally mixed. We have 3 things in common. We are friends, we live in
walking distance, and we are foodies who cook. THe rest is more about
me having a bigger house with 2 big TV's, 2 small ones and wifi (so we
can spread out the kids from the adults and so on).

LOL, I was told I have to make Lumpia as Sara's MIL just got to the
states from the Philippenes (still studying English but Sara's husband
will translate) and Aya can teach me to make a neater wrap (mine taste
fine but I haven't quite the hang of a pretty wrapper).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Wayne Boatwright wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> Watch your mouth, tert!
>>
>> I'm not a racist by any stretch of he imaginaton. However, it's
>> interesting to note that in the deep south the black population is
>> hugely self-segregated. The same for the white population as well.
>> They may work together, but most do not live in the same
>> neighborhoods, nor socialize together.

> Huh? What brought on that? It's also wrong. I don't know of a
> neighborhood that isn't mixed racially here. There may be some areas
> with McMansions but they probably are just a higher percentage of old
> money folks and I'd hazard a guess they are mixed as well, just a
> percentage difference.
>
> The fact is, no one really cares anymore.

You've got to be kidding! What about the Black Lives Matter people? Not that
I want to open that can of worms...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message

> Ok, maybe I misread you? That sort of segregation is breaking down
> fast now. I can tell you that the little party here 6 August is
> totally mixed. We have 3 things in common. We are friends, we live in
> walking distance, and we are foodies who cook. THe rest is more about
> me having a bigger house with 2 big TV's, 2 small ones and wifi (so we
> can spread out the kids from the adults and so on).
>
> LOL, I was told I have to make Lumpia as Sara's MIL just got to the
> states from the Philippenes (still studying English but Sara's husband
> will translate) and Aya can teach me to make a neater wrap (mine taste
> fine but I haven't quite the hang of a pretty wrapper).

That may be the case where you are, but here, the segregation is starting.
It wasn't that way when me moved here except perhaps for specific areas such
as the International district in Seattle. But out here in the suburbs, some
people who are not white are wanting to stick with their own and are making
it clear that we white people don't matter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017, Julie Bove wrote:
> India Supermarket.

> obviously tailored to what Indian people might want. But... When I asked
> about it, someone actually told me that I shouldn't go there because I'm
> white. Because of this comment, I felt a bit fearful to go in.

Whoever made that comment is a xenophobic moron.

The only way different cultures will come to know each other is if we
engage each other.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-07-29 10:53 AM, barbie gee wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jul 2017, Julie Bove wrote:
>> India Supermarket.

>> obviously tailored to what Indian people might want. But... When I
>> asked about it, someone actually told me that I shouldn't go there
>> because I'm white. Because of this comment, I felt a bit fearful to go
>> in.

> Whoever made that comment is a xenophobic moron.

Don't be so quick to judge someone based on something reported by a
pathological liar. She may still be traumatized by the man in the turban
who chased her with his broom.

> The only way different cultures will come to know each other is if we
> engage each other.

I live in an area that is almost exclusively white, but there are
various ethnic stores in nearby cities and I often go to them. The
people who run them tend to be very friendly and helpful.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

barbie gee wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jul 2017, Julie Bove wrote:
> > India Supermarket.

> > obviously tailored to what Indian people might want. But... When I asked
> > about it, someone actually told me that I shouldn't go there because I'm
> > white. Because of this comment, I felt a bit fearful to go in.

> Whoever made that comment is a xenophobic moron.
>
> The only way different cultures will come to know each other is if we
> engage each other.

"I agree with this psot"

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 5:45:09 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2017-07-29 10:53 AM, barbie gee wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, 27 Jul 2017, Julie Bove wrote:
> >> India Supermarket.

> >> obviously tailored to what Indian people might want. But... When I
> >> asked about it, someone actually told me that I shouldn't go there
> >> because I'm white. Because of this comment, I felt a bit fearful to go
> >> in.

> > Whoever made that comment is a xenophobic moron.

> Don't be so quick to judge someone based on something reported by a
> pathological liar. She may still be traumatized by the man in the turban
> who chased her with his broom.
> >
> > The only way different cultures will come to know each other is if we
> > engage each other.

> I live in an area that is almost exclusively white, but there are
> various ethnic stores in nearby cities and I often go to them. The
> people who run them tend to be very friendly and helpful.

Being friendly and helpful is a good strategy, retail-wise.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"barbie gee" > wrote in message
hcrg.pbz...

> On Thu, 27 Jul 2017, Julie Bove wrote:
>> India Supermarket.

>> obviously tailored to what Indian people might want. But... When I asked
>> about it, someone actually told me that I shouldn't go there because I'm
>> white. Because of this comment, I felt a bit fearful to go in.

> Whoever made that comment is a xenophobic moron.
>
> The only way different cultures will come to know each other is if we
> engage each other.

You would think so, and yet some people in this community are calling people
like me (who do not sort people out by skin color) to be a racist. We were
told that only white people are racists and we'll never see the problem
because we have white privilege. Mind you, these are young people saying
this. They didn't live through segregation like I did. They don't get it but
they are still trying to school me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2017-07-29 10:53 AM, barbie gee wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, 27 Jul 2017, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> India Supermarket.

>>> obviously tailored to what Indian people might want. But... When I asked
>>> about it, someone actually told me that I shouldn't go there because I'm
>>> white. Because of this comment, I felt a bit fearful to go in.

>> Whoever made that comment is a xenophobic moron.

> Don't be so quick to judge someone based on something reported by a
> pathological liar. She may still be traumatized by the man in the turban
> who chased her with his broom.

Have you considered playing in traffic, Dave? I don't know who that guy was
but he is long gone. I saw him twice at that Walmart. He was an elderly man.

>> The only way different cultures will come to know each other is if we
>> engage each other.

> I live in an area that is almost exclusively white, but there are various
> ethnic stores in nearby cities and I often go to them. The people who run
> them tend to be very friendly and helpful.

Same here. Wasn't the store people trying to keep me out. Just some random
person that I don't know, on FB.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 9:40:19 AM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> "barbie gee" > wrote in message
> hcrg.pbz...
> >

> > On Thu, 27 Jul 2017, Julie Bove wrote:
> >> India Supermarket.

> >> obviously tailored to what Indian people might want. But... When I asked
> >> about it, someone actually told me that I shouldn't go there because I'm
> >> white. Because of this comment, I felt a bit fearful to go in.

> > Whoever made that comment is a xenophobic moron.
> >
> > The only way different cultures will come to know each other is if we
> > engage each other.

> You would think so, and yet some people in this community are calling people
> like me (who do not sort people out by skin color) to be a racist. We were
> told that only white people are racists and we'll never see the problem
> because we have white privilege. Mind you, these are young people saying
> this. They didn't live through segregation like I did. They don't get it but
> they are still trying to school me.

A lot of white folks believe that racism is just a wildly exaggerated defensive stance taken by colored folks. My wife is a haole but she certainly knows what it's all about. She was raised by a Korean stepmom and had to defend her mom from the rest of the family. It breaks my heart to think of my wife and her siblings having to fight and stand up to cracker relatives/strangers when they snubbed/bad mouthed her mom. No kid should have to go through that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
On Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 9:40:19 AM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> "barbie gee" > wrote in message
> hcrg.pbz...
> >

> > On Thu, 27 Jul 2017, Julie Bove wrote:
> >> India Supermarket.

> >> obviously tailored to what Indian people might want. But... When I
> >> asked
> >> about it, someone actually told me that I shouldn't go there because
> >> I'm
> >> white. Because of this comment, I felt a bit fearful to go in.

> > Whoever made that comment is a xenophobic moron.
> >
> > The only way different cultures will come to know each other is if we
> > engage each other.

> You would think so, and yet some people in this community are calling
> people
> like me (who do not sort people out by skin color) to be a racist. We were
> told that only white people are racists and we'll never see the problem
> because we have white privilege. Mind you, these are young people saying
> this. They didn't live through segregation like I did. They don't get it
> but
> they are still trying to school me.

A lot of white folks believe that racism is just a wildly exaggerated
defensive stance taken by colored folks. My wife is a haole but she
certainly knows what it's all about. She was raised by a Korean stepmom and
had to defend her mom from the rest of the family. It breaks my heart to
think of my wife and her siblings having to fight and stand up to cracker
relatives/strangers when they snubbed/bad mouthed her mom. No kid should
have to go through that.

---

I know it still exists but I get angry when people accuse me of being a
racist and not knowing it. The reason? I spoke to them. Since I am not
whatever their race is, they said I should not have said a thing. The
problem? This was a FB post. I couldn't tell what race they were based on
their name or pic, not that either thing mattered to me. They said I should
just speak to other white people. But my friends are not all white and even
some who are, are or were married to people of other races or have adopted
children of other races. I'm sure these whiners would complain about this
too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 5:02:42 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> "dsi1" <dsi1yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 9:40:19 AM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> > "barbie gee" > wrote in message
> > hcrg.pbz...

> > > Whoever made that comment is a xenophobic moron.
> > >
> > > The only way different cultures will come to know each other is if we
> > > engage each other.

> > You would think so, and yet some people in this community are calling
> > people
> > like me (who do not sort people out by skin color) to be a racist. We were
> > told that only white people are racists and we'll never see the problem
> > because we have white privilege. Mind you, these are young people saying
> > this. They didn't live through segregation like I did. They don't get it
> > but
> > they are still trying to school me.

> A lot of white folks believe that racism is just a wildly exaggerated
> defensive stance taken by colored folks. My wife is a haole but she
> certainly knows what it's all about. She was raised by a Korean stepmom and
> had to defend her mom from the rest of the family. It breaks my heart to
> think of my wife and her siblings having to fight and stand up to cracker
> relatives/strangers when they snubbed/bad mouthed her mom. No kid should
> have to go through that.
>

> ---
>
> I know it still exists but I get angry when people accuse me of being a
> racist and not knowing it. The reason? I spoke to them. Since I am not
> whatever their race is, they said I should not have said a thing. The
> problem? This was a FB post. I couldn't tell what race they were based on
> their name or pic, not that either thing mattered to me. They said I should
> just speak to other white people. But my friends are not all white and even
> some who are, are or were married to people of other races or have adopted
> children of other races. I'm sure these whiners would complain about this
> too.

I will not put labels on any of the posters here. All I know is what I saw while I was living on the mainland. After over 150 years the US has still not come to grips with the end of the American Civil War AKA, The War for State's Rights.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 20:02:21 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"dsi1" > wrote in message
>On Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 9:40:19 AM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "barbie gee" > wrote in message
>> hcrg.pbz...

>> > Whoever made that comment is a xenophobic moron.
>> >
>> > The only way different cultures will come to know each other is if we
>> > engage each other.

>> You would think so, and yet some people in this community are calling
>> people
>> like me (who do not sort people out by skin color) to be a racist. We were
>> told that only white people are racists and we'll never see the problem
>> because we have white privilege. Mind you, these are young people saying
>> this. They didn't live through segregation like I did. They don't get it
>> but
>> they are still trying to school me.

>A lot of white folks believe that racism is just a wildly exaggerated
>defensive stance taken by colored folks.

You wrote "colored folks" and you think you're not a racist/bigot...
you are!

>---
>
>I know it still exists but I get angry when people accuse me of being a
>racist and not knowing it. The reason? I spoke to them. Since I am not
>whatever their race is, they said I should not have said a thing. The
>problem? This was a FB post. I couldn't tell what race they were based on
>their name or pic, not that either thing mattered to me. They said I should
>just speak to other white people. But my friends are not all white and even
>some who are, are or were married to people of other races or have adopted
>children of other races. I'm sure these whiners would complain about this
>too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/30/2017 8:24 AM, wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 20:02:21 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>> On Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 9:40:19 AM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> "barbie gee" > wrote in message
>>> hcrg.pbz...

>>> You would think so, and yet some people in this community are calling
>>> people
>>> like me (who do not sort people out by skin color) to be a racist. We were
>>> told that only white people are racists and we'll never see the problem
>>> because we have white privilege. Mind you, these are young people saying
>>> this. They didn't live through segregation like I did. They don't get it
>>> but
>>> they are still trying to school me.

>> A lot of white folks believe that racism is just a wildly exaggerated
>> defensive stance taken by colored folks.

> You wrote "colored folks" and you think you're not a racist/bigot...
> you are!

What then, is the proper term to refer to non-whites? Seems it changes
every couple of years.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Am Sonntag, 30. Juli 2017 15:37:29 UTC+2 schrieb Ed Pawlowski:
> On 7/30/2017 8:24 AM, wrote:
> > On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 20:02:21 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > > wrote:

> >> A lot of white folks believe that racism is just a wildly exaggerated
> >> defensive stance taken by colored folks.

> > You wrote "colored folks" and you think you're not a racist/bigot...
> > you are!
> >

> What then, is the proper term to refer to non-whites? Seems it changes
> every couple of years.

There is none. That's the catch. And "whites" all origin from Africa (a
longer time ago any creationist would dare to admit) and had to adapt to get
enough Vitamin D - by getting paler.
And those who blame others not using the right term don't know one, either.
"The pot calling the kettle black" - is that even politically correct
nowadays? ;-)

Bye, Sanne.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

On 7/30/2017 8:24 AM, wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 20:02:21 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>> On Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 9:40:19 AM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> "barbie gee" > wrote in message
>>> hcrg.pbz...

>>> You would think so, and yet some people in this community are calling
>>> people
>>> like me (who do not sort people out by skin color) to be a racist. We
>>> were
>>> told that only white people are racists and we'll never see the problem
>>> because we have white privilege. Mind you, these are young people saying
>>> this. They didn't live through segregation like I did. They don't get it
>>> but
>>> they are still trying to school me.

>> A lot of white folks believe that racism is just a wildly exaggerated
>> defensive stance taken by colored folks.

> You wrote "colored folks" and you think you're not a racist/bigot...
> you are!

What then, is the proper term to refer to non-whites? Seems it changes
every couple of years.

==

Exactly! Whatever term you use someone will complain

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 2:24:37 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 20:02:21 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

> >"dsi1" > wrote in message
> >On Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 9:40:19 AM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> >> "barbie gee" > wrote in message
> >> hcrg.pbz...

> >> You would think so, and yet some people in this community are calling
> >> people
> >> like me (who do not sort people out by skin color) to be a racist. We were
> >> told that only white people are racists and we'll never see the problem
> >> because we have white privilege. Mind you, these are young people saying
> >> this. They didn't live through segregation like I did. They don't get it
> >> but
> >> they are still trying to school me.

> >A lot of white folks believe that racism is just a wildly exaggerated
> >defensive stance taken by colored folks.

> You wrote "colored folks" and you think you're not a racist/bigot...
> you are!

What's the PC term for colored folks this year? Just to let you know, I'm a colored folk and you're not. So solly.

> >---
> >
> >I know it still exists but I get angry when people accuse me of being a
> >racist and not knowing it. The reason? I spoke to them. Since I am not
> >whatever their race is, they said I should not have said a thing. The
> >problem? This was a FB post. I couldn't tell what race they were based on
> >their name or pic, not that either thing mattered to me. They said I should
> >just speak to other white people. But my friends are not all white and even
> >some who are, are or were married to people of other races or have adopted
> >children of other races. I'm sure these whiners would complain about this
> >too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 4:21:12 AM UTC-10, sanne wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 30. Juli 2017 15:37:29 UTC+2 schrieb Ed Pawlowski:
> > On 7/30/2017 8:24 AM, wrote:
> > > On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 20:02:21 -0700, "Julie Bove"

> > > You wrote "colored folks" and you think you're not a racist/bigot...
> > > you are!
> > >

> > What then, is the proper term to refer to non-whites? Seems it changes
> > every couple of years.

> There is none. That's the catch. And "whites" all origin from Africa (a
> longer time ago any creationist would dare to admit) and had to adapt to get
> enough Vitamin D - by getting paler.
> And those who blame others not using the right term don't know one, either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 20:02:21 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"dsi1" > wrote in message
>>On Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 9:40:19 AM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> "barbie gee" > wrote in message
>>> hcrg.pbz...

>>> You would think so, and yet some people in this community are calling
>>> people
>>> like me (who do not sort people out by skin color) to be a racist. We
>>> were
>>> told that only white people are racists and we'll never see the problem
>>> because we have white privilege. Mind you, these are young people saying
>>> this. They didn't live through segregation like I did. They don't get it
>>> but
>>> they are still trying to school me.

>>A lot of white folks believe that racism is just a wildly exaggerated
>>defensive stance taken by colored folks.

> You wrote "colored folks" and you think you're not a racist/bigot...
> you are!

In this area, the politically correct term these days is person of color or
people of color. Could mean anything. Just not white.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 7/30/2017 8:24 AM, wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 20:02:21 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> A lot of white folks believe that racism is just a wildly exaggerated
>>> defensive stance taken by colored folks.

>> You wrote "colored folks" and you think you're not a racist/bigot...
>> you are!
>>

> What then, is the proper term to refer to non-whites? Seems it changes
> every couple of years.

Here, it is people of color.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/30/2017 2:21 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
>> On 7/30/2017 8:24 AM, wrote:
>>> On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 20:02:21 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> You wrote "colored folks" and you think you're not a racist/bigot...
>>> you are!
>>>

>> What then, is the proper term to refer to non-whites? Seems it
>> changes every couple of years.

> Here, it is people of color.

Right, colored people. Amazing how touchy people get over things like
that when they have the same meaning. .
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Jul 2017 10:33:07 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 2:24:37 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 20:02:21 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>> >A lot of white folks believe that racism is just a wildly exaggerated
>> >defensive stance taken by colored folks.

>> You wrote "colored folks" and you think you're not a racist/bigot...
>> you are!

>What's the PC term for colored folks this year? Just to let you know, I'm a colored folk and you're not. So solly.
>

>> >---
>> >
>> >I know it still exists but I get angry when people accuse me of being a
>> >racist and not knowing it. The reason? I spoke to them. Since I am not
>> >whatever their race is, they said I should not have said a thing. The
>> >problem? This was a FB post. I couldn't tell what race they were based on
>> >their name or pic, not that either thing mattered to me. They said I should
>> >just speak to other white people. But my friends are not all white and even
>> >some who are, are or were married to people of other races or have adopted
>> >children of other races. I'm sure these whiners would complain about this
>> >too.

You're all a bunch of racist bigots... "colored" was the PC term
from the days of slavery, otherwise the N word was most common. But
for many years now the correct nomenclature has been African American
(or Black), or Asian American. or Native American, etal. The last one
to get away with "yoose coloreds" was Archie Bunker.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
news
> On 7/30/2017 2:21 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> What then, is the proper term to refer to non-whites? Seems it changes
>>> every couple of years.

>> Here, it is people of color.

> Right, colored people. Amazing how touchy people get over things like
> that when they have the same meaning. .

Yep.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/30/2017 2:47 PM, wrote:
> You're all a bunch of racist bigots...

Sez the sawed off kike.

HaHaHaHaHaHa

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I also baked the cornbread.

Then you corn-holed "David".

HaHaHaHaHaHaHa
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 4:21:12 AM UTC-10, sanne wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 30. Juli 2017 15:37:29 UTC+2 schrieb Ed Pawlowski:
> > On 7/30/2017 8:24 AM, wrote:
> > > On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 20:02:21 -0700, "Julie Bove"

> > > You wrote "colored folks" and you think you're not a racist/bigot...
> > > you are!
> > >

> > What then, is the proper term to refer to non-whites? Seems it changes
> > every couple of years.

> There is none. That's the catch. And "whites" all origin from Africa (a
> longer time ago any creationist would dare to admit) and had to adapt to
> get
> enough Vitamin D - by getting paler.
> And those who blame others not using the right term don't know one,
> either.
> "The pot calling the kettle black" - is that even politically correct
> nowadays? ;-)
>
> Bye, Sanne.

On this rock in the middle of the Pacific, we've given up trying to be
politically correct on the matter of race. We've accepted the fact that
we're all different and have learned to appreciate that reality. It is the
differences between the people on this rock that has enriched the Hawaiian
culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_LV...SdRAySuXVZ5fGr

==

It won't play for me For some reason I can't play YouTube and I am not a
happy bunny

As for what you said, I think you are doing the right thing. Those that
don't like it can go whistle!!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-07-30 3:33 PM, sanne wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 30. Juli 2017 19:33:11 UTC+2 schrieb dsi1:
>

>> and you're not.

> How do you know?
> Besides that: Genetic tests show that nearly everyone whose ancestors
> have been around in the US at the times of slavery have those slaves'
> blood running through their veins.

I have never heard that one, and I doubt that it true. I have read that
some of these genetic testing business are extremely unreliable. A
recent article in Canadian History Magazine showed the results of their
tests for one individual and the results were vastly different. Maybe
one was more accurate than the other. Perhaps they were both inaccurate.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-07-30 3:50 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 7/30/2017 3:21 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>

>> Apparently there is a growing acceptance of the right to be offended.
>>
>> The latest incident here is a native man who live streamed an attempt
>> by a store employee to kick him out of the store and the man is
>> commenting that "for whatever reason" the clerk refused to sell him a
>> chain saw. The press knows that most people don't read past the
>> headline or the video. The man claimed to have opened up the chainsaw
>> case to see what oil mixture rate to use with the saw. He omits the
>> part about sticking the oil can in the case. Basically, he got caught
>> trying to shoplift. Instead of being ashamed of being caught stealing,
>> he treats it as an example of racial discrimination.

> If the attempted theft was mentioned they would call it stereotyping or
> profiling.

Yep.. So they omit it entirely and blame it on out and out racism.
Heaven forbid the guy should admit that if their was a stereotype about
his people he just helped to reinforce it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 9:33:59 AM UTC-10, sanne wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 30. Juli 2017 19:33:11 UTC+2 schrieb dsi1:
>
> > What's the PC term for colored folks this year?

> Who cares?
>
> > Just to let you know, I'm a colored folk

> I know, having seen you on your shopping-cart fun-ride. ;-)
>
> > and you're not.

> How do you know?
> Besides that: Genetic tests show that nearly everyone whose ancestors
> have been around in the US at the times of slavery have those slaves'
> blood running through their veins.
>
> > So solly.

> 괜찮아요. ;-)
>
> I try to treat everyone equally friendly - a smile on the subway, a
> compliment for a nice bag (with smileys! :-)), a firm grip at a cart
> full of kids (not all her own obviously, more like shared daycare in
> bringing the children to the nice playground on the other side of our
> street) when she was asking her friend for help, but I was just passing
> by, wait a few minutes longer at checkout when someone behind me has
> very few items and is in a hurry, showing people who obviously aren't
> familiar with Munich public transport what ticket is best for their
> needs - it's easier just to act in a friendly way than to grump
> through life. ;-)
>
> As a matter of fact, in our neighborhood I'd have a lot to do to determine
> who is where from! Lots of small businesses run by immigrants.
> A great choice of foreign groceries this way, too!
>
> "München ist bunt!"
>
> A few days ago, I was at our fish monger again after a few months because
> he had monkfish cheeks on sale. There was a new employee; he was "warned"
> by his colleague to treat me correctly because I'm a picky customer -
> I always tell them if something's not OK. (Rarely enough, mostly some
> hiccup with the bill, never on purpose, always solved. This time, too. ;-)
> But I also give them a call after having unpacked and refrigerated the
> seafood at home to thank them for that great stuff!)
>
> We talked about it, he realized that I wasn't sulky but had a good laugh.
> I had a nice chat with the other employee who offered to remove the iffy
> bones from the char he was filleting for me, too.
> When I was ready with my purchase, the new employee inspected it, nodded
> in agreement and complimented me on my choice (what I mentioned before
> and some swordfish and Atlantic mussels).
> That compliment meant a lot to me because I had asked the young man before
> where he was coming from and he had told me that he was from the Caribbean.

EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! Read all about it! Free Crap Food Today Only!!! Andy[_15_] General Cooking 16 29-04-2009 06:58 PM
Troll crap!! Don't read ! Please delete! poorboy[_2_] Barbecue 1 06-09-2008 09:50 PM
OT Well Crap Dimitri General Cooking 8 08-05-2007 05:23 PM
Oh CRAP [email protected] General Cooking 0 29-03-2006 12:24 PM
ah crap TechnoShroom Winemaking 6 16-03-2004 06:37 PM