Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT Sometimes, ya just gotta hold a HARD LINE!!

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7b&oe=5A393D59

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 3:08:23 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:

> https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7b&oe=5A393D59
>
> John Kuthe...

I guess we're supposed to know what that means and what this
picture is of.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 16:29:35 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 3:08:23 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>> https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7b&oe=5A393D59
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>

>I guess we're supposed to know what that means and what this
>picture is of.

Maybe he threw a Chinese tenant out?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 13:08:17 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:

> https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7b&oe=5A393D59
>
> John Kuthe...

It looks to me that John is now unlawfully evicting people, too.

He must not really want this house after all. He'll probably wind up
in jail (or the asylum) rather than buying a house.

ObFood: Cheeseburger on grilled garlic bread.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 13:08:17 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:
>
>> https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7b&oe=5A393D59
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> It looks to me that John is now unlawfully evicting people, too.
>
> He must not really want this house after all. He'll probably wind up
> in jail (or the asylum) rather than buying a house.
>
> ObFood: Cheeseburger on grilled garlic bread.
>
> -sw

Or maybe he is the one getting evicted? LOL

--
jinx the minx

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 7:27:17 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 13:08:17 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:
>
> > https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7b&oe=5A393D59
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> It looks to me that John is now unlawfully evicting people, too.

Nope! Our current landlord emailed us and said she had no lease or anything with him, she was basically "squatting" in this house after another housemate voluntarily moved out recently.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/23/2017 7:29 PM, wrote:
> On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 3:08:23 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7b&oe=5A393D59

>> John Kuthe...
>>

> I guess we're supposed to know what that means and what this
> picture is of.

Guessing might be fun!

First guess: It's a bunch of dirty laundry and he's going to pour
laundry detergent on it and pray for rain.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 4:08:23 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7b&oe=5A393D59
>
> John Kuthe...

Isn't it customary to turf out the belongings to the curb when you're evicting
someone, rather than your own deck?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7b&oe=5A393D59

> Our current landlord emailed us and said she had no lease or anything with him, she was basically > "squatting" in this house after another housemate voluntarily moved out recently.

Did *YOU* throw all her stuff out on the deck floor, John? Are
you the flunky of your evil chinese landlord now? It's his
problem to get rid of someone in that house, not yours.

Did you offer her to stay and pay rent? Even if she wasn't
paying, I really hope YOU didn't go into her room, gather up all
her belongings and just toss it out in a pile on the back porch
for her to find when she came home later that day. And what if it
had rained before she got home?

There's always several ways to handle a situation. If worse came
to worse, you could have at least piled it nicely on a chair or
two, or boxed it. To just toss all out on the back deck floor is
very cold and you should be ashamed of yourself. seriously. I
would never treat someone that way. WTF is wrong with you. You've
got all this mammon money, why couldn't you have helped her out a
bit? I would like to think I would, at least to give someone
enough time to move elsewhere.

And now you said the other day that your "closing date" has been
pushed back to sometime in October. What's going on there,
John-Boy?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 10:08:23 AM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
> https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7b&oe=5A393D59
>
> John Kuthe...

All in a day's work. You are the sheriff and that's what sheriffs do.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 11:13:02 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 10:08:23 AM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
>> https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7b&oe=5A393D59
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>All in a day's work. You are the sheriff and that's what sheriffs do.

Sounds like John's looking after the interests of the establishment.
That's so right-wing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...80/20245523_14
> > > 57706457623163_158058171040207549_n.jpg?oh=71f717b 41932122c36c520d
> > > 33cc88d7b&oe=5A393D59
> > >
> > > John Kuthe...
> > >

> > I guess we're supposed to know what that means and what this
> > picture is of.
> >

> Guessing might be fun!
>
> First guess: It's a bunch of dirty laundry and he's going to pour
> laundry detergent on it and pray for rain.
>
> Jill

Looks to me like a pile of stuff that's probably headed to the trash
bin but in my case, we recently freecycled some stuff to a good purpose
that didn't look all that different (except there seems to be a bookbag
in there?)

A local lady runs a cleaning company and deals with realtors trying to
clean up apartments. Some of them are truely NASTY sites. She asked
for (preferably) all cotton due to interaction with cleaning products
and whatever anyone had that was rag-worthy that she could just toss
after she picked up 'what ever' with it. Turns out she really liked
the blue jean legs cut open and to 8 inch parts so she could deal with
animal feces and just 'toss'. Hey, any second use of old stuff is good
for me. Saves her money too. She's a good taxpaying citizen on a
marginal budget.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 24, 2017 at 10:17:00 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 11:13:02 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi1yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 10:08:23 AM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
> >> https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7b&oe=5A393D59
> >>
> >> John Kuthe...

> >All in a day's work. You are the sheriff and that's what sheriffs do.

> Sounds like John's looking after the interests of the establishment.
> That's so right-wing.

He got the money, now he wants the power and the women. Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 13:44:37 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Monday, July 24, 2017 at 10:17:00 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 11:13:02 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi1yahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>> >All in a day's work. You are the sheriff and that's what sheriffs do.

>> Sounds like John's looking after the interests of the establishment.
>> That's so right-wing.

>He got the money, now he wants the power and the women. Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme.

Yes, it only takes one inheritance to corrupt a left-wing warrior. Old
hippies never die, they become Republicans.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 07:29:38 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>John Kuthe wrote:
>>

>https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7b&oe=5A393D59
>
>> Our current landlord emailed us and said she had no lease or anything with him, she was basically > "squatting" in this house after another housemate voluntarily moved out recently.

>Did *YOU* throw all her stuff out on the deck floor, John? Are
>you the flunky of your evil chinese landlord now? It's his
>problem to get rid of someone in that house, not yours.
>
>Did you offer her to stay and pay rent? Even if she wasn't
>paying, I really hope YOU didn't go into her room, gather up all
>her belongings and just toss it out in a pile on the back porch
>for her to find when she came home later that day. And what if it
>had rained before she got home?
>
>There's always several ways to handle a situation. If worse came
>to worse, you could have at least piled it nicely on a chair or
>two, or boxed it. To just toss all out on the back deck floor is
>very cold and you should be ashamed of yourself. seriously. I
>would never treat someone that way. WTF is wrong with you. You've
>got all this mammon money, why couldn't you have helped her out a
>bit? I would like to think I would, at least to give someone
>enough time to move elsewhere.
>
>And now you said the other day that your "closing date" has been
>pushed back to sometime in October. What's going on there,
>John-Boy?

John can't evict anyone for any reason, the *owner* or the owner's
legal agent would need to go through the courts.... and even for non
payment of rent the judge would very likely give her a court date some
30 days out from the time of filing and then very likely after a court
hearing the judge would give her 60 days to pay all the due rent or
to leave before the sheriff would be ordered to toss her and her stuff
to the curb... I've had enough people evicted to know the process. If
John touches her or her stuff he'd very likely be doing some serious
prison time. Normal brained people vacate the premises before the
sheriff's deputies arrive, and often they wait until the last hour
just to be annoying. Those who are evicted it's typically not their
first eviction and the judges in the county and surrounding counties
know them because those dead beats live that way, usually they are
addicts who don't work but who know the system intimately and how to
milk it.
I've been a landlord for more than forty years, there's nothing
regarding tenants I haven't experienced, several times. John hasn't a
clue what he's in for by owning a rooming house, and with young people
.... and the chummier he is with the tenants the more they will take
advantage (ie. shit on him). The very worst thing a landlord can do
is to live on the same premises with their poverty stricken tenants. I
could actually pity the putz if not for his seriously low IQ.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/24/2017 2:53 PM, wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 07:29:38 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>> John Kuthe wrote:

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7b&oe=5A393D59

>>> Our current landlord emailed us and said she had no lease or anything with him, she was basically > "squatting" in this house after another housemate voluntarily moved out recently.

>> Did *YOU* throw all her stuff out on the deck floor, John? Are
>> you the flunky of your evil chinese landlord now? It's his
>> problem to get rid of someone in that house, not yours.
>>
>> Did you offer her to stay and pay rent? Even if she wasn't
>> paying, I really hope YOU didn't go into her room, gather up all
>> her belongings and just toss it out in a pile on the back porch
>> for her to find when she came home later that day. And what if it
>> had rained before she got home?
>>
>> There's always several ways to handle a situation. If worse came
>> to worse, you could have at least piled it nicely on a chair or
>> two, or boxed it. To just toss all out on the back deck floor is
>> very cold and you should be ashamed of yourself. seriously. I
>> would never treat someone that way. WTF is wrong with you. You've
>> got all this mammon money, why couldn't you have helped her out a
>> bit? I would like to think I would, at least to give someone
>> enough time to move elsewhere.
>>
>> And now you said the other day that your "closing date" has been
>> pushed back to sometime in October. What's going on there,
>> John-Boy?

> John can't evict anyone for any reason, the *owner* or the owner's
> legal agent would need to go through the courts.... and even for non
> payment of rent the judge would very likely give her a court date some
> 30 days out from the time of filing and then very likely after a court
> hearing the judge would give her 60 days to pay all the due rent or
> to leave before the sheriff would be ordered to toss her and her stuff
> to the curb... I've had enough people evicted to know the process. If
> John touches her or her stuff he'd very likely be doing some serious
> prison time. Normal brained people vacate the premises before the
> sheriff's deputies arrive, and often they wait until the last hour
> just to be annoying. Those who are evicted it's typically not their
> first eviction and the judges in the county and surrounding counties
> know them because those dead beats live that way, usually they are
> addicts who don't work but who know the system intimately and how to
> milk it.
> I've been a landlord for more than forty years, there's nothing
> regarding tenants I haven't experienced, several times. John hasn't a
> clue what he's in for by owning a rooming house, and with young people
> ... and the chummier he is with the tenants the more they will take
> advantage (ie. shit on him). The very worst thing a landlord can do
> is to live on the same premises with their poverty stricken tenants. I
> could actually pity the putz if not for his seriously low IQ.

No need to "evict" this person - he was not a tenant! He was a guest of
somebody.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 24, 2017 at 4:53:29 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> John can't evict anyone for any reason, the *owner* or the owner's
> legal agent would need to go through the courts.... and even for non
> payment of rent the judge would very likely give her a court date some
> 30 days out from the time of filing and then very likely after a court
> hearing the judge would give her 60 days to pay all the due rent or
> to leave before the sheriff would be ordered to toss her and her stuff
> to the curb... I've had enough people evicted to know the process.

I don't know anything about where he lives but here after a tenant has
been served with eviction papers they have 90 days to move out. After
the sheriff comes and sets them out on the street. HOWEVER, it can
take the sheriff up to a year to show up and make them leave.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 24, 2017 at 9:56:21 PM UTC-5, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> In AZ fist notice is 5 days, 2nd notice is 10 days. It can take up
> to a year if the tenant shows cause and it ends up in court.

Thank you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/24/2017 8:41 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 22:08:18 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> I don't know anything about where he lives but here after a tenant has
>>> been served with eviction papers they have 90 days to move out. After
>>> the sheriff comes and sets them out on the street. HOWEVER, it can
>>> take the sheriff up to a year to show up and make them leave.
>>>

>> What state is that?
>>
>> For non payment of rent here in CT there is a 9 day grace period and you
>> can then serve a 3 day notice to quit.

> In Texas and California it's a 3 day notice to pay or forfeit. Then
> the landlord has to get a judgment from the county court and they have
> 30 days after that. In no case can you dispose of belongings of the
> tenant until you get a court order. The legal status of this property
> is unknown. I think the courts would view this as the tenant has not
> fully vacated the premises (and taken her friend with her). Most
> states don't allow to chuck the shit outside. Fortunately for John
> she's probably very Chinese and probably doesn't know her rights.
> -sw

But this wasn't a tenant.

And the tenant left, so these belongings were abandoned.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 22:41:41 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 22:08:18 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> I don't know anything about where he lives but here after a tenant has
>>> been served with eviction papers they have 90 days to move out. After
>>> the sheriff comes and sets them out on the street. HOWEVER, it can
>>> take the sheriff up to a year to show up and make them leave.
>>>

>> What state is that?
>>
>> For non payment of rent here in CT there is a 9 day grace period and you
>> can then serve a 3 day notice to quit.

>In Texas and California it's a 3 day notice to pay or forfeit. Then
>the landlord has to get a judgment from the county court and they have
>30 days after that. In no case can you dispose of belongings of the
>tenant until you get a court order. The legal status of this property
>is unknown. I think the courts would view this as the tenant has not
>fully vacated the premises (and taken her friend with her). Most
>states don't allow to chuck the shit outside. Fortunately for John
>she's probably very Chinese and probably doesn't know her rights.
>-sw

Here, every time someone rents, they must be handed a copy of the
Tenants Act - it's only a small leaflet but covers the main issues
that frequently crop up between tenant and landlord.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> In AZ those issues are detailed in the tenant's copy of the lease.

I just got back from my rental office. Signed my life away for
another 18 months on a new lease. It's a good deal though, all
the new construction they are doing here and my rent only went up
$22 per month. That works for me.

I could have chosen 12 month lease but liked the option for 18
months at a low increase.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 24, 2017 at 5:21:50 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 4:08:23 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> > https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7b&oe=5A393D59
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> Isn't it customary to turf out the belongings to the curb when you're evicting
> someone, rather than your own deck?
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Dunno, but that's less secure than on the back deck, outside.

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 24, 2017 at 3:17:00 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> Sounds like John's looking after the interests of the establishment.
> That's so right-wing.

Yeah, funny how that works, eh?

Don;'t try and label me, you will be INCORRECT most the time trying.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> [...]

> sheriff's deputies arrive, and often they wait until the last hour
> just to be annoying. Those who are evicted it's typically not their
> first eviction and the judges in the county and surrounding counties
> know them because those dead beats live that way, usually they are
> addicts who don't work but who know the system intimately and how to
> milk it.
> I've been a landlord for more than forty years, there's nothing
> regarding tenants I haven't experienced, several times. John hasn't a
> clue what he's in for by owning a rooming house, and with young people
> ... and the chummier he is with the tenants the more they will take
> advantage (ie. shit on him). The very worst thing a landlord can do
> is to live on the same premises with their poverty stricken tenants. I
> could actually pity the putz if not for his seriously low IQ.

Blah, blah, blah, ShelDUM!!

You have NO IDEA what you are talking about!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/25/2017 7:28 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 05:32:34 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:

>>> In Texas and California it's a 3 day notice to pay or forfeit. Then
>>> the landlord has to get a judgment from the county court and they have
>>> 30 days after that. In no case can you dispose of belongings of the
>>> tenant until you get a court order. The legal status of this property
>>> is unknown. I think the courts would view this as the tenant has not
>>> fully vacated the premises (and taken her friend with her). Most
>>> states don't allow to chuck the shit outside. Fortunately for John
>>> she's probably very Chinese and probably doesn't know her rights.

>> But this wasn't a tenant.
>>
>> And the tenant left, so these belongings were abandoned.

> They are the result of tenant living there. Obviously this person
> spent time at the house while the tenant was living there. The law
> would not consider this as some random person coming in off the street
> and storing her stuff there, but rather as part of the previous
> tenants occupancy.
>
> Anyway - no sense arguing about it as this is all third-hand
> information from kooky John. And who knows what thaws there are in
> John's hamlet.
>
> -sw

That guest of a past tenant won't have much luck in court, and landlords
need to play the odds.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/24/2017 11:41 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> In Texas and California it's a 3 day notice to pay or forfeit. Then
> the landlord has to get a judgment from the county court and they have
> 30 days after that. In no case can you dispose of belongings of the
> tenant until you get a court order. The legal status of this property
> is unknown. I think the courts would view this as the tenant has not
> fully vacated the premises (and taken her friend with her). Most
> states don't allow to chuck the shit outside. Fortunately for John
> she's probably very Chinese and probably doesn't know her rights.
> -sw

Yep.

At the hearing, the judge will listen to the landlord and the tenant and
make a final decision regarding the eviction. If the judge decides the
eviction is necessary, the tenant will be ordered to move out of the
rental unit. If the tenant does not move out of the rental unit within
the appropriate time frame, the landlord can have a state marshal evict
the tenant (see Conn. Gen. Stat. Ann. § 47a-42).
It is very important to note that the landlord can never personally
evict the tenant. This type of action is often referred to as a
self-help eviction, and it is illegal in Connecticut. A self-help
eviction includes changing the locks on the doors and shutting off the
utilities to the rental unit. The tenant can sue the landlord for
damages, and the landlord can even face criminal charges (see Conn.
Gen. Stat. Ann. § § 47a-43, 47a-46, and 53a-214).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/25/2017 11:44 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Tue 25 Jul 2017 10:06:32a, Ed Pawlowski told us...
>
>> On 7/24/2017 11:41 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> In Texas and California it's a 3 day notice to pay or forfeit.
>>> Then the landlord has to get a judgment from the county court and
>>> they have 30 days after that. In no case can you dispose of
>>> belongings of the tenant until you get a court order. The legal
>>> status of this property is unknown. I think the courts would
>>> view this as the tenant has not fully vacated the premises (and
>>> taken her friend with her). Most states don't allow to chuck the
>>> shit outside. Fortunately for John she's probably very Chinese
>>> and probably doesn't know her rights. -sw
>>>

>> Yep.
>>
>> At the hearing, the judge will listen to the landlord and the
>> tenant and make a final decision regarding the eviction. If the
>> judge decides the eviction is necessary, the tenant will be
>> ordered to move out of the rental unit. If the tenant does not
>> move out of the rental unit within the appropriate time frame, the
>> landlord can have a state marshal evict the tenant (see Conn.
>> Gen. Stat. Ann. § 47a-42). It is very important to note that the
>> landlord can never personally evict the tenant. This type of
>> action is often referred to as a âœself-help❠eviction, and it
>> is illegal in Connecticut. A âœself-help❠eviction includes
>> changing the locks on the doors and shutting off the utilities to
>> the rental unit. The tenant can sue the landlord for damages, and
>> the landlord can even face criminal charges (see Conn. Gen. Stat.
>> Ann. § § 47a-43, 47a-46, and 53a-214).
>>

> I wouldn't even consider having tenants in my home, even if
> circumstances would force me to live in a one room efficiency
> apartment. It wouldn't be worth it for many reasons, and I
> certainlyy would not enjoy the "company".

Agreed. I don't even like having neighbors.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 12:09:25 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> A few times I thought about buying rental properties for investment.
> The need to evict is one reason I never did. Also, people being evicted
> don't take good care of the property.

Ain't it the truth!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 22:37:05 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 17:53:22 -0400, wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 07:29:38 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>>
>>>John Kuthe wrote:

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7b&oe=5A393D59

>>>Did *YOU* throw all her stuff out on the deck floor, John? Are
>>>you the flunky of your evil chinese landlord now? It's his
>>>problem to get rid of someone in that house, not yours.
>>>
>>>Did you offer her to stay and pay rent? Even if she wasn't
>>>paying, I really hope YOU didn't go into her room, gather up all
>>>her belongings and just toss it out in a pile on the back porch
>>>for her to find when she came home later that day. And what if it
>>>had rained before she got home?
>>>
>>>There's always several ways to handle a situation. If worse came
>>>to worse, you could have at least piled it nicely on a chair or
>>>two, or boxed it. To just toss all out on the back deck floor is
>>>very cold and you should be ashamed of yourself. seriously. I
>>>would never treat someone that way. WTF is wrong with you. You've
>>>got all this mammon money, why couldn't you have helped her out a
>>>bit? I would like to think I would, at least to give someone
>>>enough time to move elsewhere.
>>>
>>>And now you said the other day that your "closing date" has been
>>>pushed back to sometime in October. What's going on there,
>>>John-Boy?

>> John can't evict anyone for any reason, the *owner* or the owner's
>> legal agent would need to go through the courts.... and even for non
>> payment of rent the judge would very likely give her a court date some
>> 30 days out from the time of filing and then very likely after a court
>> hearing the judge would give her 60 days to pay all the due rent or
>> to leave before the sheriff would be ordered to toss her and her stuff
>> to the curb... I've had enough people evicted to know the process. If
>> John touches her or her stuff he'd very likely be doing some serious
>> prison time.

>You don't understand the difference between civil and criminal courts.
>You don't go to prison (or even jail) for unlawfully evicting
>somebody. Or throwing their clothes out onto the deck for them to get
>ruined.

In NY if the landlord touches a tenant it's an assult and a judge can
order incarceration a fine or both. Destruction of someones's
property can get one incarcerted and still be ordered to pay its
value. in NY there's no set time by which one must vacate, it's up to
the judge to decide, typically based on various factors such as if
prior evictions, depending if minor children reside there, but rarely
would an eviction take more than 60 days, typically 30 days. I always
engage an attorny to do an eviction, goes much smoother and faster,
well worth the fee which runs about 5-6 hundred dollars... in winter
here the landlord must provide heat so the sooner the tenant is gone
the less it costs the landlord... I had a tenant running the heat with
an opened window yet I still had to supply heating fuel, after
notifying the lawyer he pulled strings with the judge and that scumbag
tenant was put out in two days. Over some 40 years of being a
landlord I had to evict more than ten tenants... I learned early on to
always use a lawyer. With every eviction I had to do none was teh
tenant's first eviction, all had several. And there is really no way
to perform a check on a tenant's solvancy, they know the system very
well... in every area there's a network of deadbeats who all lie for
each other, many pretend to be their employer.

>He *is* a fool for taking it upon himself to do this. He's not even
>landlord yet and already he's doign stupid shit.
>
>-sw

I didn't see the picture but for all we know that was John's pile of
crap outside because he's the one being evicted... I still don't
believe anything about an inheritance... someone with the kind of
money John is talking would never risk doing anything illegal... he's
never yet mentioned anything about having a lawyer... I've purchased
many properties and wouldn't consider not using a lawyer. Nothing
John says makes any sense and as Judge Judy says if it doesn't make
sense it's not true. I wouldn't believe a word John says if his
tongue came notarized... were I John's father I'd not leave that loser
son more than the price of one meal at Taco Bell... I would have
disowned him years ago.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> we do have neighbors and thankfully they do not
> try to interact socially.

Let me guess..they don't like fruitcakes? LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/25/2017 2:50 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
> On 7/25/2017 11:44 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> Yep.
>>>
>>> At the hearing, the judge will listen to the landlord and the
>>> tenant and make a final decision regarding the eviction. If the
>>> judge decides the eviction is necessary, the tenant will be
>>> ordered to move out of the rental unit. If the tenant does not
>>> move out of the rental unit within the appropriate time frame, the
>>> landlord can have a state marshal evict the tenant (see Conn.
>>> Gen. Stat. Ann. § 47a-42). It is very important to note that the
>>> landlord can never personally evict the tenant. This type of
>>> action is often referred to as a âœself-help❠eviction, and it
>>> is illegal in Connecticut. A âœself-help❠eviction includes
>>> changing the locks on the doors and shutting off the utilities to
>>> the rental unit. The tenant can sue the landlord for damages, and
>>> the landlord can even face criminal charges (see Conn. Gen. Stat.
>>> Ann. § § 47a-43, 47a-46, and 53a-214).
>>>

>> I wouldn't even consider having tenants in my home, even if
>> circumstances would force me to live in a one room efficiency
>> apartment. It wouldn't be worth it for many reasons, and I
>> certainlyy would not enjoy the "company".
>>

> Agreed. I don't even like having neighbors.

As long as you have a little distance. I could complain about my next
door neighbor with 5 vehicles, tractor, boat, etc. OTOH, I've not had
to cut my lawn for the past 3 years. I get plenty of veggies from his
garden. The other side is woods and the neighbor is 1/4 mile on the
other side.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-07-25 3:24 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Tue 25 Jul 2017 11:50:28a, Taxed and Spent told us...

>> Agreed. I don't even like having neighbors.
>>

> Neither do we, but we do have neighbors and thankfully they do not
> try to interact socially. A "hello" in passing is about the only
> exchange.

When I first moved out here I had a jerk on one side and a complete and
utter asshole on the other. The latter was a farmer who grew apples on
that land. He had several pieces of land along this road and I was told
that at one time he had law suits going with 6 different neighbours at
the same time. He got into a fist fight with the other jerk over an
apple. He is retired some time ago and sold the land and we now have
nice neighbours there. The jerk moved out and sold to some people who
were great neighbours. They moved north a couple years ago. The woman
and kids in their now are nice, but the husband has some issues. He has
a surly attitude and he has problems with the truth.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/25/2017 2:31 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2017-07-25 3:24 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Tue 25 Jul 2017 11:50:28a, Taxed and Spent told us...

>>> Agreed. I don't even like having neighbors.
>>>

>> Neither do we, but we do have neighbors and thankfully they do not
>> try to interact socially. A "hello" in passing is about the only
>> exchange.

> When I first moved out here I had a jerk on one side and a complete and
> utter asshole on the other. The latter was a farmer who grew apples on
> that land. He had several pieces of land along this road and I was told
> that at one time he had law suits going with 6 different neighbours at
> the same time. He got into a fist fight with the other jerk over an
> apple. He is retired some time ago and sold the land and we now have
> nice neighbours there. The jerk moved out and sold to some people who
> were great neighbours. They moved north a couple years ago. The woman
> and kids in their now are nice, but the husband has some issues. He has
> a surly attitude and he has problems with the truth.

wWait - Trump moved in next door? What?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 08:17:54 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Monday, July 24, 2017 at 3:17:00 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Sounds like John's looking after the interests of the establishment.
>> That's so right-wing.

>Yeah, funny how that works, eh?

It didn't take much, did it?

>Don;'t try and label me, you will be INCORRECT most the time trying.

An inconvenient truth, right?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 12:09:25 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> A few times I thought about buying rental properties for investment.
> The need to evict is one reason I never did. Also, people being evicted
> don't take good care of the property.

And they can start "acting out" detrimentally before being scraped OUT of the residence too!

I've been living in shared student living for over 30 years now, People here act like I've never done this before sometimes/often!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 1:44:23 PM UTC-5, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I wouldn't even consider having tenants in my home, even if
> circumstances would force me to live in a one room efficiency
> apartment. It wouldn't be worth it for many reasons, and I
> certainlyy would not enjoy the "company".

That is you, not me!

John Kuthe...