Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Supper last night

It was my wife's birthday. We had plans to go out of town tomorrow for a
matinee performance and dinner with our son but I took for to Smokin'
Bhudda for dinner on the day because it is our favourite restaurant.
She decided to have appetizers for supper. I tried a new addition to
their menu, Nasi Goreng. I had had it years ago in a local Dutch
restaurant but I think I got a blander, Dutch version. This was a much
spicier Indonesian version. It was delicious.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Did you beat "the wife" after dinner...???
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 6:41:02 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> It was my wife's birthday. We had plans to go out of town tomorrow for a
> matinee performance and dinner with our son but I took for to Smokin'
> Bhudda for dinner on the day because it is our favourite restaurant.
> She decided to have appetizers for supper. I tried a new addition to
> their menu, Nasi Goreng. I had had it years ago in a local Dutch
> restaurant but I think I got a blander, Dutch version. This was a much
> spicier Indonesian version. It was delicious.

Nice. I love Indonesian food; I wish there was an Indonesian
restaurant around here.

Last night for us was: leftover chicken tikka masala for him
and a BLT for me.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 03:22:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 6:41:02 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> It was my wife's birthday. We had plans to go out of town tomorrow for a
>> matinee performance and dinner with our son but I took for to Smokin'
>> Bhudda for dinner on the day because it is our favourite restaurant.
>> She decided to have appetizers for supper. I tried a new addition to
>> their menu, Nasi Goreng. I had had it years ago in a local Dutch
>> restaurant but I think I got a blander, Dutch version. This was a much
>> spicier Indonesian version. It was delicious.

>Nice. I love Indonesian food; I wish there was an Indonesian
>restaurant around here.

Hey, that makes 2 of us! We seem to be rare.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Am Donnerstag, 20. Juli 2017 13:10:50 UTC+2 schrieb Bruce:
> On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 03:22:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 6:41:02 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> >> It was my wife's birthday. We had plans to go out of town tomorrow for a
> >> matinee performance and dinner with our son but I took for to Smokin'
> >> Bhudda for dinner on the day because it is our favourite restaurant.
> >> She decided to have appetizers for supper. I tried a new addition to
> >> their menu, Nasi Goreng. I had had it years ago in a local Dutch
> >> restaurant but I think I got a blander, Dutch version. This was a much
> >> spicier Indonesian version. It was delicious.

> >Nice. I love Indonesian food; I wish there was an Indonesian
> >restaurant around here.

> Hey, that makes 2 of us! We seem to be rare.

3.
I do a killer spiced duck Indonesia style. But I have to be careful
with my self-made sambal oelek on it. Oh boy!
That reminds me - I have to check out the quality of the bami goreng they
offer in a restaurant nearby (just down the street, next door to an Asian
store where we are regular customers). The restaurant is quite good, but
the food isn't spicy enough for my taste.

Bye, Sanne.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-07-20 7:10 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 03:22:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

>> On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 6:41:02 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> It was my wife's birthday. We had plans to go out of town tomorrow for a
>>> matinee performance and dinner with our son but I took for to Smokin'
>>> Bhudda for dinner on the day because it is our favourite restaurant.
>>> She decided to have appetizers for supper. I tried a new addition to
>>> their menu, Nasi Goreng. I had had it years ago in a local Dutch
>>> restaurant but I think I got a blander, Dutch version. This was a much
>>> spicier Indonesian version. It was delicious.

>> Nice. I love Indonesian food; I wish there was an Indonesian
>> restaurant around here.

> Hey, that makes 2 of us! We seem to be rare.

Smokin' Bhudda isn't exactly Indonesian. It has an eclectic variety of
dishes; Mexican, Japanese, Indian and Thai. The Nasi Goreng is a recent
addition. I had once eaten at an Indonesian place in Toronto. A few
years ago we tried on closer to home. It was in a community with a
significant Dutch population which a Chinese restaurant tried to attract
with Indonesian foods. It was a major disappointment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/20/2017 12:10 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 03:22:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>> Nice. I love Indonesian food; I wish there was an Indonesian
>> restaurant around here.

> Hey, that makes 2 of us! We seem to be rare.

Three of us. I love Indonesian food, too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 10:44:12 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2017-07-20 7:10 AM, Bruce wrote:
> > On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 03:22:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > > wrote:

> >> Nice. I love Indonesian food; I wish there was an Indonesian
> >> restaurant around here.

> > Hey, that makes 2 of us! We seem to be rare.

> Smokin' Bhudda isn't exactly Indonesian. It has an eclectic variety of
> dishes; Mexican, Japanese, Indian and Thai. The Nasi Goreng is a recent
> addition. I had once eaten at an Indonesian place in Toronto.

I was in Toronto when I first had Indonesian food. I wonder if
it was the same place. They're not exactly thick on the ground.
I can't remember the name, but if you can remember where you went,
it might knock something loose in my memory.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 16:08:11 +0100, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>On 7/20/2017 12:10 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 03:22:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:
>>> Nice. I love Indonesian food; I wish there was an Indonesian
>>> restaurant around here.

>> Hey, that makes 2 of us! We seem to be rare.
>>

>Three of us. I love Indonesian food, too.

Even in Australia, which neighbours Indonesia, Indonesian restaurants
are rare compared to Chinese, Japanese, and Thai. I don't know why.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-07-20 12:23 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> addition. I had once eaten at an Indonesian place in Toronto.
>
> I was in Toronto when I first had Indonesian food. I wonder if
> it was the same place. They're not exactly thick on the ground.
> I can't remember the name, but if you can remember where you went,
> it might knock something loose in my memory.

It was on Baldwin St,.. more than 20 years ago.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 8:49:16 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2017-07-20 12:23 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > addition. I had once eaten at an Indonesian place in Toronto.
> >
> > I was in Toronto when I first had Indonesian food. I wonder if
> > it was the same place. They're not exactly thick on the ground.
> > I can't remember the name, but if you can remember where you went,
> > it might knock something loose in my memory.

> It was on Baldwin St,.. more than 20 years ago.

Ah. It was 1979 for me. It might have been called Java.
I googled for Indonesian restaurants in Toronto, and nothing
seemed familiar. A fair few of them were mixed Indonesian/Malaysian/
Chinese, and "small plates" outfits at that. The one I was at was
fairly fancy.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 06:19:07 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 16:08:11 +0100, S Viemeister
> wrote:
>
>>On 7/20/2017 12:10 PM, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 03:22:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>>>
>>> Hey, that makes 2 of us! We seem to be rare.
>>>

>>Three of us. I love Indonesian food, too.

>Even in Australia, which neighbours Indonesia, Indonesian restaurants
>are rare compared to Chinese, Japanese, and Thai. I don't know why.

They are plentiful in WA and also the NT.

JB

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 19:17:00 +0800, JBurns >
wrote:

>On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 06:19:07 +1000, Bruce >
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 16:08:11 +0100, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>>>Three of us. I love Indonesian food, too.

>>Even in Australia, which neighbours Indonesia, Indonesian restaurants
>>are rare compared to Chinese, Japanese, and Thai. I don't know why.

>They are plentiful in WA and also the NT.

Ok. That's out of my reach (NSW) though.