Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner Tonight, ****ghetti n' Saw-Seege

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/

>> That looks pretty.
>>
>>> And I exclusively use yellow squash.
>>>

>> IHO, the texture of zucchini and yellow squash is basically the same.

>They are identical is taste in texture when cooked the same. One just
>tastes more green more than yellow.
>
>-sw

IMO, not identical but close enough to not matter. I think crookneck
squash has more body and less water. I notice this when I use
crookneck to make zucchini chocolate cake. Shredded, unpeeled
zucchini completely disappears in the baking process and crookneck
leaves some visible bits. The visibility part doesn't bother us in
the cake. The fact that it doesn't disappear is an advantage when
making vegetable soup as it doesn't become too soft and mushy in the
soup but retains the coin shape and yellow of the skin.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message
news
> On 7/19/2017 5:49 AM, Bruce wrote:
>> But I just harrassed Wayne a bit. Does that mean he's now also part of
>> the special chosen few?

> Whine thinks he is since he was here forever and just quit for 3 years.
> He's not special to me as he killfiles many here. Better that he just move
> on if he wants to eliminate half of this group. He complains about
> everyone. Just go away.
>
> Why should us killfile ppl spend time writing to help him when he won't
> even read it. An asshat for sure, imo. Steve is right on this one.

Steve is never right when hassling other posters, he's a nosy little a-hole
snooping into other peoples lives because he doesn't have one of his own,
but he seems to be a good cook. Oh, and group hug
(((((((((((hug)))))))))))))

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/16/2017 11:47 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 21:05:59 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 10:53:50 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

>> Y'all have the undeveloped tastebuds of 3 year olds.
>>>

>> You're correct, it is offensive and bland. Even gussied up and
>> grilled it's worthless.

> Thanks.

If you've had enough zucchini bread for the season:

slice young zucchini (few, small seeds) and sweet onion
sautee in a little butter until tender
spread in a small casserole dish, season with your favorite herb blend,
cover with freshly grated cheese and bake or broil until t he cheese is
melted.

Next year, grow Golden Zucchini. If you pick it when it's 8-10 inches
long, it has fewer, smaller seeds than yellow crook-neck squash, better
flavor than green zucchini, and smooth skin, no peeling. It also grows
more compactly, from a center stem, no vines.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Wed 19 Jul 2017 12:35:44a, Ophelia told us...
>> Only the special chosen few are harassed because of the way they
>> post dontchaknow?
>>

> I do know. LOL

Pillow biting faggots in your case.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 09:11:04 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>On 7/19/2017 9:02 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Well, he does make enemies at high speed. It took me much longer.

>> Yeah. You are like the tortoise and the hare.
>>

>and don't forget who won that race.

lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 12:15:50 -0600, gloria p >
wrote:

snip

>Next year, grow Golden Zucchini. If you pick it when it's 8-10 inches
>long, it has fewer, smaller seeds than yellow crook-neck squash, better
>flavor than green zucchini, and smooth skin, no peeling. It also grows
>more compactly, from a center stem, no vines.
>

>gloria p

good to know. thanks
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 21:36:00 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

>>> I cut them about almost an inch thick and sear them hot and fast so
>>> they're juicy and still crisp, but don't have that raw taste.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/

>> That looks pretty.
>>
>>> And I exclusively use yellow squash.
>>>

>> IHO, the texture of zucchini and yellow squash is basically the same.

>They are identical is taste in texture when cooked the same. One just
>tastes more green more than yellow.
>
>-sw

I find neither has discernable flavor, they are more a textural
veggie... they are the tofu of produce, they take on the flavors of
whatever they're cooked with.... all summer squash likewise.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 08:23:35 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>On 7/19/2017 5:49 AM, Bruce wrote:
>> But I just harrassed Wayne a bit. Does that mean he's now also part of
>> the special chosen few?

>Whine thinks he is since he was here forever and just quit for 3 years.
>He's not special to me as he killfiles many here. Better that he just
>move on if he wants to eliminate half of this group. He complains about
>everyone. Just go away.
>
>Why should us killfile ppl spend time writing to help him when he won't
>even read it. An asshat for sure, imo. Steve is right on this one.

Absolutely, the malicious child molesting faggot Whine wasn't here
very long before deserting to face ****, it's essentially a noobie.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 3:13:33 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:

> "Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
> It's a good thing that your enormous signature is so very witty,
> otherwise people might complain that your post consists mainly of that
> signature.
>

> Only the special chosen few are harassed because of the way they post
> dontchaknow?

No, only stupid people who are incapable of trimming their
posts because they don't know how. They're embarrassed to
ask as they don't want people to know they are so ignorant.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
9.45...

On Wed 19 Jul 2017 11:03:35a, Cheri told us...

> "Gary" > wrote in message
> news
>> On 7/19/2017 5:49 AM, Bruce wrote:
>>> But I just harrassed Wayne a bit. Does that mean he's now also
>>> part of the special chosen few?

>> Whine thinks he is since he was here forever and just quit for 3
>> years. He's not special to me as he killfiles many here. Better
>> that he just move on if he wants to eliminate half of this group.
>> He complains about everyone. Just go away.
>>
>> Why should us killfile ppl spend time writing to help him when he
>> won't even read it. An asshat for sure, imo. Steve is right on
>> this one.

> Steve is never right when hassling other posters, he's a nosy
> little a-hole snooping into other peoples lives because he doesn't
> have one of his own, but he seems to be a good cook. Oh, and group
> hug (((((((((((hug)))))))))))))
>
> Cheri

I really like you, Cheri.

Wayne Boatwright

==

You have good taste

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Bruce" wrote
> About Wayne: I only noticed that he's making enemies faster than a
> tofu merchant would in this newsgroup.
>
> Well I am not one of them. He has never abused me.

Give him time. One by one he's alienating people here.

Since he is such a fan of the killfile, would be nice if he would
announce each person added. I spent a good amount of time answering his
question about how to delete posts in Thunderbird. I was in his killfile
by then so I totally wasted my time trying to help him.

Of course, I think I'm in YOUR killfile now (at my request) so even this
post is a total waste of my time.

IMO, people that killfile have their heads in the sand. Oh man, you
offended me.....plonk! Babies all and none should be on Usenet.

Go to Facebook RFC where no one is allowed to disagree with you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/20/2017 6:52 AM, Gary wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
>
>> "Bruce" wrote
>> About Wayne: I only noticed that he's making enemies faster than a
>> tofu merchant would in this newsgroup.
>>
>> Well I am not one of them. He has never abused me.

> Give him time. One by one he's alienating people here.

Gary... you're starting to sound like a troll. Wayne coming back to RFC
didn't hurt anyone. He took a break, he was busy. So what?! How
petty, calling him names. Do you really want to join that club?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 00:18:33 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 7/20/2017 6:52 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>>> "Bruce" wrote
>>> About Wayne: I only noticed that he's making enemies faster than a
>>> tofu merchant would in this newsgroup.
>>>
>>> Well I am not one of them. He has never abused me.

>> Give him time. One by one he's alienating people here.
>>

>Gary... you're starting to sound like a troll. Wayne coming back to RFC
>didn't hurt anyone. He took a break, he was busy. So what?! How
>petty, calling him names. Do you really want to join that club?

He's right, though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 7/20/2017 6:52 AM, Gary wrote:
> > Ophelia wrote:
> >
> >> "Bruce" wrote
> >> About Wayne: I only noticed that he's making enemies faster than a
> >> tofu merchant would in this newsgroup.
> >>
> >> Well I am not one of them. He has never abused me.

> > Give him time. One by one he's alienating people here.
> >

> Gary... you're starting to sound like a troll. Wayne coming back to RFC
> didn't hurt anyone. He took a break, he was busy. So what?! How
> petty, calling him names. Do you really want to join that club?

Whine started it with me, Jill. I was always polite until then.
Learn to read all messages then you would understand.

You're just mad because I called you on stuff recently too. You
also write very critically about many here. Including me. What
would your SO think?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/23/2017 10:41 AM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Give him time. One by one he's alienating people here.
>>>

>> Gary... you're starting to sound like a troll. Wayne coming back to RFC
>> didn't hurt anyone. He took a break, he was busy. So what?! How
>> petty, calling him names. Do you really want to join that club?

> Whine

There you go again.

> started it with me, Jill. I was always polite until then.
> Learn to read all messages then you would understand.

Sorry, but I've got other things to do than read every single post.

> You're just mad because I called you on stuff recently too.

You "called me" on stuff you really know nothing about.

> You also write very critically about many here. Including me. What
> would your SO think?

I criticize Julie because she posts the most ridiculous "can't, won't,
don't, ewwww" stories I've ever heard. Other things I skip over.

My SO doesn't care about what I or anyone else posts to RFC. He doesn't
own a computer. RFC is a concept he's heard about. He spends his time
painting. Pictures. Not houses.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Sorry, but I've got other things to do than read every single post.

Really? Do tell. ;-D
(yeah, I'm teasing you again)

Gary said: You're just mad because I called you on stuff recently
too.

> You "called me" on stuff you really know nothing about.

Isn't that the RFC way?

> My SO doesn't care about what I or anyone else posts to RFC. He doesn't
> own a computer. RFC is a concept he's heard about. He spends his time
> painting. Pictures. Not houses.

My paintings are larger than his. :-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
>jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, but I've got other things to do than read every single post.

>Really? Do tell. ;-D
>(yeah, I'm teasing you again)
>
>Gary said: You're just mad because I called you on stuff recently
>too.
>>
>> You "called me" on stuff you really know nothing about.

>Isn't that the RFC way?
>
>> My SO doesn't care about what I or anyone else posts to RFC. He doesn't
>> own a computer. RFC is a concept he's heard about. He spends his time
>> painting. Pictures. Not houses.

>My paintings are larger than his. :-D

Gary's brushes are larger too...
and at times he uses his spray gun.