Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sprouts, market

On 7/1/2017 6:27 AM, lucretia wrote:

> Maybe your memory is at fault - my granddaughter could tell you that
> when I asked why her daughter could not go out to play and she gave me
> the kidnapper/paedophile line I asked her to name one single instance
> of that happening here, it never has. So I am certain you cannot go
> back and produce a post by me condemning outdoor play for kids. BTW I
> am also against all the parents driving the kids to school all the
> time.

Lucretia, I couldn't figure out who wrote the clap trap above so I
snipped it.

I can't imagine you posting anything against children playing outside.

Children should be encouraged to play outside rather than park
themselves in front of computer or the television. Playing outside was
one of the great things about being a child. Running through the
sprinklers on hot days. Splashing in puddles after it rained.

My goodness, we had so much fun playing outside we didn't want to come
inside. But when the street lights came on, time to go inside.

Sometimes we were even allowed to play outside after dark with flash
lights. Oooh!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Jul 2017 10:54:11 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 7/1/2017 6:27 AM, lucretia wrote:
>>
>> Maybe your memory is at fault - my granddaughter could tell you that
>> when I asked why her daughter could not go out to play and she gave me
>> the kidnapper/paedophile line I asked her to name one single instance
>> of that happening here, it never has. So I am certain you cannot go
>> back and produce a post by me condemning outdoor play for kids. BTW I
>> am also against all the parents driving the kids to school all the
>> time.
>>

>Lucretia, I couldn't figure out who wrote the clap trap above so I
>snipped it.
>
>I can't imagine you posting anything against children playing outside.
>
>Children should be encouraged to play outside rather than park
>themselves in front of computer or the television. Playing outside was
>one of the great things about being a child. Running through the
>sprinklers on hot days. Splashing in puddles after it rained.
>
>My goodness, we had so much fun playing outside we didn't want to come
>inside. But when the street lights came on, time to go inside.
>
>Sometimes we were even allowed to play outside after dark with flash
>lights. Oooh!
>
>Jill

I believe also that parents today are compounding the bullying because
they isolate their kids, except when they arrange play dates. The
kids rely on their phones and snapchat or whatever and bullying
happens. Back when mine complained I explained if I said anything to
the other kid, or their parents or the teacher, it would just make it
worse. They had to learn to roll with punches and not let the bully
see they cared. Worked for all of them, as it did for me. However
that situation doesn''t cut the same way today.

In Sydney, Cape Breton there have been three or four suicides by teens
recently. A psychiatrist finally asked them to stop having all these
meetings and tooth sucking over it in public as he believes it helps
make others consider suicide, I believe he could be right.

I would never want to be a kid today, I totally enjoyed being a kid in
various parts of the world and would not have wanted to forgo that.