Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default supper tonight

BBQ steak (very rare) lettuce and tomato

https://s12.postimg.org/ivd5djcil/IMG_2214.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-06-25 6:45 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sun 25 Jun 2017 02:50:05p, lucretia told us...
>
>> BBQ steak (very rare) lettuce and tomato
>>
>> https://s12.postimg.org/ivd5djcil/IMG_2214.jpg
>>

> Looks good! I bought steaks yesterday. Maybe I'll grill one tonight,
> but right now it's 116° F.

We need a compromise. We are having grilles steaks tonight too, but my
cook says it is too cool for her to go out and grill them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sun 25 Jun 2017 02:50:05p, lucretia told us...
>
> > BBQ steak (very rare) lettuce and tomato
> >
> > https://s12.postimg.org/ivd5djcil/IMG_2214.jpg
> >

> Looks good! I bought steaks yesterday. Maybe I'll grill one
> tonight, but right now it's 1160 F.

Umm, I think thats the second time you typo's the same heat?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 22:45:26 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Sun 25 Jun 2017 02:50:05p, lucretia told us...
>
>> BBQ steak (very rare) lettuce and tomato
>>
>> https://s12.postimg.org/ivd5djcil/IMG_2214.jpg
>>

>Looks good! I bought steaks yesterday. Maybe I'll grill one tonight,
>but right now it's 116° F.

It was hot here today, but not that hot lol My balcony is in the
shade in the evening so BBQ seemed good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 18:52:29 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2017-06-25 6:45 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Sun 25 Jun 2017 02:50:05p, lucretia told us...
>>
>>> BBQ steak (very rare) lettuce and tomato
>>>
>>> https://s12.postimg.org/ivd5djcil/IMG_2214.jpg
>>>

>> Looks good! I bought steaks yesterday. Maybe I'll grill one tonight,
>> but right now it's 116° F.
>>

>We need a compromise. We are having grilles steaks tonight too, but my
>cook says it is too cool for her to go out and grill them.

Yes, I noticed it wasn't so good up your way. Absolutely perfect
here, about 28 and a very small breeze, first really nice summery day.
I couldn't resist telling my daughter that when she texted me from
Curaço, she said a friend had mentioned too

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 18:50:05 -0300, lucretia wrote:
>
> > BBQ steak (very rare) lettuce and tomato
> >
> > https://s12.postimg.org/ivd5djcil/IMG_2214.jpg

> i made a pizza!
>
> NY-Style thin crust - Hot fennel sausage, salami, onion, roasted
> yellow peppers, provolone & romano.
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...tostream/light
> box/
>
> and then i made ANOTHER pizza for the girls. Funghi, onion, roasted
> peppers with a creamy Alfredo tomato sauce and on a thicker crust.
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...tostream/light
> box/
>
> -sw

Lookin good Steve!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-06-25 7:48 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Wayne Boatwright wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> On Sun 25 Jun 2017 02:50:05p, lucretia told us...
>>
>>> BBQ steak (very rare) lettuce and tomato
>>>
>>> https://s12.postimg.org/ivd5djcil/IMG_2214.jpg
>>>

>> Looks good! I bought steaks yesterday. Maybe I'll grill one
>> tonight, but right now it's 1160 F.

> Umm, I think thats the second time you typo's the same heat?

It must be your reader that is messing it up. Mine shows 116 with a
degree 0, not 1160 F.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 2017-06-25 7:48 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > Wayne Boatwright wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> >
> > > On Sun 25 Jun 2017 02:50:05p, lucretia told us...

> > > Looks good! I bought steaks yesterday. Maybe I'll grill one
> > > tonight, but right now it's 1160 F.

> > Umm, I think thats the second time you typo's the same heat?
> >

> It must be your reader that is messing it up. Mine shows 116 with a
> degree 0, not 1160 F.

Ok, well, looks a bit odd from here. Apologies, thought it a typo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Sun 25 Jun 2017 02:50:05p, lucretia told us...
>
>> BBQ steak (very rare) lettuce and tomato
>>
>> https://s12.postimg.org/ivd5djcil/IMG_2214.jpg
>>

> Looks good! I bought steaks yesterday. Maybe I'll grill one tonight,
> but right now it's 116° F.

I take steaks off the grill at 110 degrees. Sounds like all you have to
do is hold them out the window until they come to temperature.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"lucretia" > wrote in message
> BBQ steak (very rare) lettuce and tomato
>
> https://s12.postimg.org/ivd5djcil/IMG_2214.jpg

Looks very tasty.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

> On Sun 25 Jun 2017 02:50:05p, lucretia told us...
>
>> BBQ steak (very rare) lettuce and tomato
>>
>> https://s12.postimg.org/ivd5djcil/IMG_2214.jpg
>>

> Looks good! I bought steaks yesterday. Maybe I'll grill one tonight,
> but right now it's 116° F.

I take steaks off the grill at 110 degrees. Sounds like all you have to
do is hold them out the window until they come to temperature.

===

LOL I just have this vision of Wayne on his balcony, waving his steak
around

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 5:50:08 PM UTC-4, lucretia wrote:
> BBQ steak (very rare) lettuce and tomato
>
> https://s12.postimg.org/ivd5djcil/IMG_2214.jpg

Beautiful. We had grilled fish (sword for him, salmon for me).

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 7:48:54 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
> Wayne Boatwright wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
> > On Sun 25 Jun 2017 02:50:05p, lucretia told us...
> >
> > > BBQ steak (very rare) lettuce and tomato
> > >
> > > https://s12.postimg.org/ivd5djcil/IMG_2214.jpg
> > >

> > Looks good! I bought steaks yesterday. Maybe I'll grill one
> > tonight, but right now it's 1160 F.

> Umm, I think thats the second time you typo's the same heat?

The 0 shows up as the degree symbol for me. (Tiny, superscript o).

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-06-26, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> Oops! Should have been a degree symbol. Otherwise, we'd be toast.
> It's still 113° F. at 7:45 PM.

Which is 45.55° C, at 1945 hrs.

If you can't see the degree symbol, you have a crappy
newsreader/editor, as it is one of the simplest ascii characters
available.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 11:59:48 AM UTC-4, notbob wrote:
> On 2017-06-26, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
> > Oops! Should have been a degree symbol. Otherwise, we'd be toast.
> > It's still 113° F. at 7:45 PM.

> Which is 45.55° C, at 1945 hrs.
>
> If you can't see the degree symbol, you have a crappy
> newsreader/editor, as it is one of the simplest ascii characters
> available.
>
> nb

Because newsreaders don't deal with extended character sets uniformly,
I just omit it. 116 F is understandable in context, and the degree
sign is nonstandard usage with Celsius.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/25/2017 7:49 PM, lucretia wrote:
>>> BBQ steak (very rare) lettuce and tomato
>>>
>>> https://s12.postimg.org/ivd5djcil/IMG_2214.jpg

Looks nice but no dressing on lettuce and tomato? Also I'm wondering
what was the little nip of stuff on plate above the steak and salad. It
was just a tiny bit of tan something? What was that. I'm surprised that
no one else has asked about that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/25/2017 10:31 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 6/25/2017 6:45 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Sun 25 Jun 2017 02:50:05p, lucretia told us...
>>
>>> BBQ steak (very rare) lettuce and tomato
>>>
>>> https://s12.postimg.org/ivd5djcil/IMG_2214.jpg
>>>

>> Looks good! I bought steaks yesterday. Maybe I'll grill one tonight,
>> but right now it's 116° F.
>>

> I take steaks off the grill at 110 degrees. Sounds like all you have to
> do is hold them out the window until they come to temperature.

OK Ed....that was a good one. heheh

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/26/2017 6:37 AM, lucretia wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 19:09:58 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 20:56:00 -0300, lucretia wrote:

>>> I like the look of the one for the girls best

>> Figures. The first one is a MAN's pizza - meats & cheese and less
>> bread. The second one's a sissy pizza ;-)
>>
>> -sw

> I never knew there was a differential

I would happily eat both pizzas....sissy or man.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:08:42 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Looks nice but no dressing on lettuce and tomato? Also I'm wondering
>what was the little nip of stuff on plate above the steak and salad. It
>was just a tiny bit of tan something? What was that. I'm surprised that
>no one else has asked about that.

Hot English mustard lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/26/2017 3:53 PM, lucretia wrote:

>> Looks nice but no dressing on lettuce and tomato? Also I'm wondering
>> what was the little nip of stuff on plate above the steak and salad. It
>> was just a tiny bit of tan something? What was that. I'm surprised that
>> no one else has asked about that.
>>

> Hot English mustard lol

Oh OK. I was just wondering. Was that for steak or salad....or both?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:10:27 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>On 6/26/2017 3:53 PM, lucretia wrote:

>>> Looks nice but no dressing on lettuce and tomato? Also I'm wondering
>>> what was the little nip of stuff on plate above the steak and salad. It
>>> was just a tiny bit of tan something? What was that. I'm surprised that
>>> no one else has asked about that.
>>>

>> Hot English mustard lol

>Oh OK. I was just wondering. Was that for steak or salad....or both?

With the steak, I ate half the steak last night and used the other
half tonight cold with nuked corn and spud. Made new mustard for
tonight. I put a little poppyseed dressing on the lettuce and tomato.