Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping Bruce

Did you see the post from Gerard Schaefers in Netherlands. Any idea why he
is concerned with groceries in Netherlands in 1942?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 08:58:49 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>Did you see the post from Gerard Schaefers in Netherlands. Any idea why he
>is concerned with groceries in Netherlands in 1942?

Because the recipe was dated 1942
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Did you see the post from Gerard Schaefers in Netherlands. Any idea why he
>is concerned with groceries in Netherlands in 1942?

Because the recipe was dated 1942

==

Ahh! Missed that)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-06-18 07:58:49 +0000, Ophelia said:

> Did you see the post from Gerard Schaefers in Netherlands. Any idea
> why he is concerned with groceries in Netherlands in 1942?

Your reply is a "Trumphian", no reading just writing.

--
Regards,

Gerard Schaefers

Recepten - https://www.sjeef.nl
Homepage - https://www.sjeef.eu
RSS - https://www.sjeef.nl/Recepten/rssfeed.xml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-06-18 07:58:49 +0000, Ophelia said:

> Did you see the post from Gerard Schaefers in Netherlands. Any idea why
> he is concerned with groceries in Netherlands in 1942?

Your reply is a "Trumphian", no reading just writing.

Regards,

Gerard Schaefers

==

Why thank you Gerard <g> how very kind)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-06-18 17:03:14 +0000, Wayne Boatwright said:

> On Sun 18 Jun 2017 09:05:42a, Gerard Schaefers told us...
>
>> On 2017-06-18 07:58:49 +0000, Ophelia said:
>>
>>> Did you see the post from Gerard Schaefers in Netherlands. Any
>>> idea why he is concerned with groceries in Netherlands in 1942?

>> Your reply is a "Trumphian", no reading just writing.
>>

> Yes, I replied to Gerard.

Indeed Wayne, thanks for youre message.

In the meantime I found out what Bundt ment.
It's a turband and in Dutch it is tulband.
And that is a certain kind of cakeform.

--
Regards,

Gerard Schaefers

Recepten - https://www.sjeef.nl
Homepage - https://www.sjeef.eu
RSS - https://www.sjeef.nl/Recepten/rssfeed.xml
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/18/2017 2:11 PM, Gerard Schaefers wrote:
> On 2017-06-18 17:03:14 +0000, Wayne Boatwright said:
>

> On Sun 18 Jun 2017 09:05:42a, Gerard Schaefers told us...
>

> On 2017-06-18 07:58:49 +0000, Ophelia said:
>

> Did you see the post from Gerard Schaefers in Netherlands.Any
>
> idea why he is concerned with groceries in Netherlands in 1942?
>

> Your reply is a "Trumphian", no reading just writing.
>

> Yes, I replied to Gerard.
>

> Indeed Wayne, thanks for youre message.
>

> In the meantime I found out what Bundt ment.
>
> It's a turband and in Dutch it is tulband.
>
> And that is a certain kind of cakeform.
>

> Gerard Schaefers

If you Google tulband you get a picture of the gugelhupf.

According to Wikipedia
A Bundt cake is a cake that is baked in a Bundt pan, shaping it into a
distinctive ring shape. The shape is inspired by a traditional European
cake known as Gugelhupf, but Bundt cakes are not generally associated
with any single recipe

A Gugelhupf is a light, yeasted marble cake, traditionally baked in a
distinctive circular Bundt mold. It is popular in a wide region of
Central Europe, including southern Germany, Austria, Switzerland,
Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland and Alsace. Wikipedia
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
9.45...
> On Sun 18 Jun 2017 12:58:49a, Ophelia told us...
>
>> Did you see the post from Gerard Schaefers in Netherlands. Any
>> idea why he is concerned with groceries in Netherlands in 1942?
>>

> Yes, I posted a cake recipe that I found among my mother's recipes. It
> was hand written by someone, and dated 1942. I baked it a couple of
> days ago and it proved to be delicious. Cheri baked it as cupcakes and
> also liked it.
>
> Gerard was commenting on the fact that many of the ingredients were not
> available in the Netherlands in 1942, during WWII.

Yes, they are very good. I frosted some for dh and our neighbor for Father's
Day, and kept a couple plain for myself. They actually remind me of the cake
part of a Twinkie. A definite keeper.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 18:05:42 +0200, Gerard Schaefers
> wrote:

>On 2017-06-18 07:58:49 +0000, Ophelia said:
>
>> Did you see the post from Gerard Schaefers in Netherlands. Any idea
>> why he is concerned with groceries in Netherlands in 1942?

>Your reply is a "Trumphian", no reading just writing.

Asking a question isn't Trumpian. Trump already knows everything, or
so he thinks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

> I"m glad you enjoyed them. When I gave it more thought, I believe it
> was that recipe that my mother sometimes made for birthdays. In that
> case it was a three layer cake with raspberry filling and mocha
> frosting. I don't mind baking layer cakes, but if it's to be cut in
> the kitchen, I'd just as soon bake it as a sheet cake.

Damn, that sounds good. I don't mind baking layers cakes, but I didn't
really want a cake around because I will overeat it until it's gone, an
unfrosted cupcake is best for me, and also for passing some on to the
neighbor, but I am definitely going to do the raspberry filling and mocha
frosting on a special occasion.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

> I"m glad you enjoyed them. When I gave it more thought, I believe it
> was that recipe that my mother sometimes made for birthdays. In that
> case it was a three layer cake with raspberry filling and mocha
> frosting. I don't mind baking layer cakes, but if it's to be cut in
> the kitchen, I'd just as soon bake it as a sheet cake.

Damn, that sounds good. I don't mind baking layers cakes, but I didn't
really want a cake around because I will overeat it until it's gone, an
unfrosted cupcake is best for me, and also for passing some on to the
neighbor, but I am definitely going to do the raspberry filling and mocha
frosting on a special occasion.

Cheri

==

It is lovely to read about people here doing some baking)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk