Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lumpy bumpy oranges

Found these at Walmart last Saturday. They are very ugly but if you see
then try a bag. Relatively inexpensive. Very easy to peel; skin comes off
in just a few large pieces. Very sweet and juicy. Ignore the appearamce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/29/2017 9:29 AM, KenK wrote:
> Found these at Walmart last Saturday. They are very ugly but if you see
> then try a bag. Relatively inexpensive. Very easy to peel; skin comes off
> in just a few large pieces. Very sweet and juicy. Ignore the appearamce.

We seem to think the nicet looking fruit and veggies are the best
tasting, but they rarely are. I order oranges from Florida and they are
often a sorry looking lot but they are soooo gooood.

Couple of weeks ago we were in Florida and on the way home picked up a
bag of Honey Bell oranges. Wish I had bought two or three bags. Loaded
with juice!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 29 May 2017 10:21:45 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 5/29/2017 9:29 AM, KenK wrote:
>> Found these at Walmart last Saturday. They are very ugly but if you see
>> then try a bag. Relatively inexpensive. Very easy to peel; skin comes off
>> in just a few large pieces. Very sweet and juicy. Ignore the appearamce.
>>

>We seem to think the nicet looking fruit and veggies are the best
>tasting, but they rarely are. I order oranges from Florida and they are
>often a sorry looking lot but they are soooo gooood.
>
>Couple of weeks ago we were in Florida and on the way home picked up a
>bag of Honey Bell oranges. Wish I had bought two or three bags. Loaded
>with juice!

You can order Honey Bells as well. The season is February?
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

KenK wrote:
> Found these at Walmart last Saturday. They are very ugly but if you see
> then try a bag. Relatively inexpensive. Very easy to peel; skin comes off
> in just a few large pieces. Very sweet and juicy. Ignore the appearamce.

Can you tell us which type of orange... there are seveal types of
citrus that're not very attractive but taste wonderful. Recently I
bought these at BJs, six/$12... worth it:
http://www.shockinglydelicious.com/i...ead-delicious/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-05-29 1:53 PM, wrote:
> KenK wrote:

> Can you tell us which type of orange... there are seveal types of
> citrus that're not very attractive but taste wonderful. Recently I
> bought these at BJs, six/$12... worth it:

http://www.shockinglydelicious.com/i...ead-delicious/

The skin looks like the skin of a Seville orange, but those things are
nasty to eat. They are only suitable for making marmalade.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-05-29, KenK > wrote:

> The package says:
>
> Lumpy, Bumpy, Naturally Sweet Gold Nugget variety mandarin

Sounds like Cuties(TM). Bags of mandarin oranges fer < $4USD.

ALWAYS ask for a sample! I usta buy these ....until I bought a bag
that was sooooo! sour, I hadda toss the entire bag.

As expected, there is already a capitalist "war" between Cutie and other
producers. That's when I bailed.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Do you happen to know the name of the oranges? I bought some a while back and didn't think to take down the name for finding them in the future.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 3:29:46 AM UTC-10, KenK wrote:
> Found these at Walmart last Saturday. They are very ugly but if you see
> then try a bag. Relatively inexpensive. Very easy to peel; skin comes off
> in just a few large pieces. Very sweet and juicy. Ignore the appearamce.
>

> --
> I love a good meal! That's why I don't cook.

They are tangerines. Sumo mandarins.

http://www.eatlikenoone.com/where-to...ns-in-2017.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> Do you happen to know the name of the oranges? I bought some a while back
> and didn't think to take down the name for finding them in the future.

Honeybell?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

i am searching and searching for bumpy lumpy mandarins. I live in Wichita Kansas and am having no luck yet. Any suggestions as to where i could possibly order them from?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 6, 2017 at 10:12:31 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> i am searching and searching for bumpy lumpy mandarins. I live in Wichita Kansas and am having no luck yet. Any suggestions as to where i could possibly order them from?

Inquire at this site:

http://www.sumocitrus.com/default.aspx

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/7/2017 9:40 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, November 6, 2017 at 10:12:31 PM UTC-10, wrote:
>> i am searching and searching for bumpy lumpy mandarins. I live in Wichita Kansas and am having no luck yet. Any suggestions as to where i could possibly order them from?

> Inquire at this site:
>
> http://www.sumocitrus.com/default.aspx

Imagine how much Colorado River water had to be sacrificed to make that
lumpy thang!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 7:06:11 AM UTC-10, Casa de los peregrinos wrote:

> Imagine how much Colorado River water had to be sacrificed to make that
> lumpy thang!

OK, I will. Hopefully, that water will get recycled back into the river. Those growers look so cheerful. They hope to usher in a new age of low acid fruit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/7/2017 10:10 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 7:06:11 AM UTC-10, Casa de los peregrinos wrote:
>>
>> Imagine how much Colorado River water had to be sacrificed to make that
>> lumpy thang!

> OK, I will. Hopefully, that water will get recycled back into the river. Those growers look so cheerful. They hope to usher in a new age of low acid fruit.

It never comes back, in fact we're in all kinds of violation of our
agreement with Mejico to re-water the Sea of Cortez delta.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...ute-319-water/

Thanks to a landmark agreement between the United States and Mexico, the
parched Colorado River Delta will get a rejuvenating shot of water this
spring for one of the first times in five decades, just in time for
World Water Day on March 22.

RELATED CONTENT
Watch a Wall of Water Race Up a River
Watch Kids Cross a Raging River to Get to School
Top 10 Things to Do in Montana
On March 23, 2014, the gates of Morelos Dam on the Arizona-Mexico border
will be lifted to allow a "pulse flow" of water into the final stretch
of the Colorado River. Officials and scientists hope the water will help
restore a landscape that has long been arid but that once supported a
rich diversity of life.

"The pulse flow is about mimicking the way the Colorado River flowed in
the springtime, thanks to snowmelt from the Rocky Mountains, before all
the dams were built," says Sandra Postel, director of the Global Water
Policy Project and a National Geographic Freshwater Fellow. By the early
1960s, dams on the Colorado, such as Glen Canyon and the Hoover Dam, had
diverted so much water that there was precious little flow entering the
lower Colorado.

Water that did make it to Morelos Dam was diverted into Mexico's
Mexicali Valley for crop irrigation, leaving little for the wildlife or
indigenous people living in the delta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v-bPl71BIo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDlsxtOytZ4

These are enviro-things we really CAN fix, and should too.

I promise you it will not be long before Arizona and Nevada start
talking to Mejico about a desalinated water pipeline to replace our
dying river.

I have to think bargaining is better when the chief user shows good
faith first.

My .02c.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 10:22:41 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
> wrote:

>On 11/7/2017 10:10 AM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 7:06:11 AM UTC-10, Casa de los peregrinos wrote:
>>>
>>> Imagine how much Colorado River water had to be sacrificed to make that
>>> lumpy thang!

>> OK, I will. Hopefully, that water will get recycled back into the river. Those growers look so cheerful. They hope to usher in a new age of low acid fruit.
>>

>It never comes back, in fact we're in all kinds of violation of our
>agreement with Mejico to re-water the Sea of Cortez delta.
>
>https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...ute-319-water/
>
>Thanks to a landmark agreement between the United States and Mexico, the
>parched Colorado River Delta will get a rejuvenating shot of water this
>spring for one of the first times in five decades, just in time for
>World Water Day on March 22.
>
>RELATED CONTENT
>Watch a Wall of Water Race Up a River
>Watch Kids Cross a Raging River to Get to School
>Top 10 Things to Do in Montana
>On March 23, 2014, the gates of Morelos Dam on the Arizona-Mexico border
>will be lifted to allow a "pulse flow" of water into the final stretch
>of the Colorado River. Officials and scientists hope the water will help
>restore a landscape that has long been arid but that once supported a
>rich diversity of life.
>
>"The pulse flow is about mimicking the way the Colorado River flowed in
>the springtime, thanks to snowmelt from the Rocky Mountains, before all
>the dams were built," says Sandra Postel, director of the Global Water
>Policy Project and a National Geographic Freshwater Fellow. By the early
>1960s, dams on the Colorado, such as Glen Canyon and the Hoover Dam, had
>diverted so much water that there was precious little flow entering the
>lower Colorado.
>
>Water that did make it to Morelos Dam was diverted into Mexico's
>Mexicali Valley for crop irrigation, leaving little for the wildlife or
>indigenous people living in the delta.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v-bPl71BIo
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDlsxtOytZ4
>
>These are enviro-things we really CAN fix, and should too.
>
>I promise you it will not be long before Arizona and Nevada start
>talking to Mejico about a desalinated water pipeline to replace our
>dying river.
>
>I have to think bargaining is better when the chief user shows good
>faith first.
>
>My .02c.

Keeping trees off of the river bank and streams saves a huge amount of
water. Obviously we can't remove all trees from the banks of
waterways but there are a lot of trash trees allowed to sprout and
grow because landowners are lazy. There is work being done in some
south western states to address this problem. Here, in my city,
workers are cutting down mature trees and saplings that have been
allowed to grow on the banks of canals. For us, canals are a purpose
built water delivery system for farmers out in the county. Too much
water was lost to trees that served no purpose.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/7/2017 11:42 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 10:22:41 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
> > wrote:

>>> OK, I will. Hopefully, that water will get recycled back into the river. Those growers look so cheerful. They hope to usher in a new age of low acid fruit.
>>>

>> It never comes back, in fact we're in all kinds of violation of our
>> agreement with Mejico to re-water the Sea of Cortez delta.
>>
>> https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...ute-319-water/
>>
>> Thanks to a landmark agreement between the United States and Mexico, the
>> parched Colorado River Delta will get a rejuvenating shot of water this
>> spring for one of the first times in five decades, just in time for
>> World Water Day on March 22.
>>
>> RELATED CONTENT
>> Watch a Wall of Water Race Up a River
>> Watch Kids Cross a Raging River to Get to School
>> Top 10 Things to Do in Montana
>> On March 23, 2014, the gates of Morelos Dam on the Arizona-Mexico border
>> will be lifted to allow a "pulse flow" of water into the final stretch
>> of the Colorado River. Officials and scientists hope the water will help
>> restore a landscape that has long been arid but that once supported a
>> rich diversity of life.
>>
>> "The pulse flow is about mimicking the way the Colorado River flowed in
>> the springtime, thanks to snowmelt from the Rocky Mountains, before all
>> the dams were built," says Sandra Postel, director of the Global Water
>> Policy Project and a National Geographic Freshwater Fellow. By the early
>> 1960s, dams on the Colorado, such as Glen Canyon and the Hoover Dam, had
>> diverted so much water that there was precious little flow entering the
>> lower Colorado.
>>
>> Water that did make it to Morelos Dam was diverted into Mexico's
>> Mexicali Valley for crop irrigation, leaving little for the wildlife or
>> indigenous people living in the delta.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v-bPl71BIo
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDlsxtOytZ4
>>
>> These are enviro-things we really CAN fix, and should too.
>>
>> I promise you it will not be long before Arizona and Nevada start
>> talking to Mejico about a desalinated water pipeline to replace our
>> dying river.
>>
>> I have to think bargaining is better when the chief user shows good
>> faith first.
>>
>> My .02c.
>>

> Keeping trees off of the river bank and streams saves a huge amount of
> water. Obviously we can't remove all trees from the banks of
> waterways but there are a lot of trash trees allowed to sprout and
> grow because landowners are lazy. There is work being done in some
> south western states to address this problem. Here, in my city,
> workers are cutting down mature trees and saplings that have been
> allowed to grow on the banks of canals. For us, canals are a purpose
> built water delivery system for farmers out in the county. Too much
> water was lost to trees that served no purpose.
> Janet US

We have a major problem here, now being addressed at long last, with
salt cedar (Tamarisk) along the banks of the Rio Grande.

Sure it's great at stabilizing and halting erosion, but they are so
water thirsty that the losses are intolerable.

http://tamariskcoalition.org/about-u...lt-cedar-trees

> ALGODONES €“ The rust-red leaves in the tamarisk trees on the banks of the Rio Grande north of Albuquerque are the unmistakable sign that the trees nemesis, a leaf-eating beetle known as Diorhabda elongata, is here to stay.
>
> €œThe law of unintended consequences,€ mused Adrian Oglesby.
>
> Introduced in the 19th century to protect railroad bridge abutments, praised for its ability to protect riverbanks from erosion, vilified for alleged water-sucking ways while simultaneously defended as wildlife habitat, the story of the Eurasian tamarisk €“ also known as salt cedar €“ is a textbook example of unintended consequences.
>
> The beetle, introduced in small populations in an attempt to control the tamarisk, is the latest example. Brought from Europe to Utah and Colorado a decade ago, along with small populations in Texas, the beetle has run amok, spreading far beyond the narrow range biologists predicted.
>
> After initial beetle arrival in 2012, the beetle rapidly spread uninvited up and down New Mexicos rivers.
>
> €œLast year was really the year of the beetle,€ said Oglesby, an attorney at a University of New Mexico water policy think tank and board member of the Tamarisk Coalition, a nonprofit tracking the beetles spread. €œIt came charging down the Jemez. It came charging down the Rio Grande, and now its charging up the Pecos as well.€
>
> The beetles lay their eggs on tamarisks, with their larval offspring eating the leaves, quickly turning green patches of trees brown. Depending on local conditions, they often do not kill the tree outright, leaving it bristling with dead growth that nevertheless can sprout new leaves the following year.
>
> Getting rid of tamarisk always has been an article of faith along Western rivers, but the dying trees along rivers edges in New Mexico and around the West are raising new questions €“ about fire risk and lost habitat for birds and other creatures that have made their homes in the artificial forests.

(they need to lose that worriment)

And get on with:

http://www.sanjuanswcd.com/programs/...cedar-removal/

> Russian olive and tamarisk (salt cedar) are aggressive, invasive trees that infest river banks, use excessive water, compete with native species, and form dense stands prone to wildfire. Removal and management of these trees is essential to maintaining the health of the rivers and land in our district.
>
> San Juan SWCD projects have cleared over 3,000 acres of Russian olive and salt cedar in the past six years, and have chemically treated over 1,800 acres of resprouts. Through funding from NM State Forestry, US Forest Service, the State of New Mexico, and San Juan County, our projects have removed hazardous fuels for 110 private landowners, and have cleared firebreaks and improved river access for Farmington, Aztec, Bloomfield, San Juan County, Jackson Lake Wildlife Management Area, Navajo Lake State Park, Bureau of Land Management, US Fish and Wildlife, Bureau of Reclamation, and the Navajo Nation.

We also have something we locally call "acequias" which indeed are just
small canals used for irrigation.

In ABQ proper there are many urban neighborhoods where people still farm
small plots and rely on these and the ditch rider (Mayordomo) is still a
respected and important figure in the community.

It's all very ancient and very cool.

Oh, and it works!

But that spring brush hogging is a thankless job.

A great read on the matter is:

http://www.unmpress.com/books.php?ID=1161

> Mayordomo: Chronicle of an Acequia in Northern New Mexico
>
> Stanley Crawford
> Irrigation ditches are the lifelines of agriculture and daily life in rural New Mexico. This award-winning account of the author's experience as a mayordomo, or ditch boss, is the first record of the life of an acequia by a community participant.
>
> ABOUT THE CONTRIBUTORS
> Stanley Crawford lives in Dixon, New Mexico.
> ACCLAIM
> " . . . a timeless, near-classic. . . . This is the sort of book you will read, shelve, and take down to read parts or all of again. And again." -- Books of the Southwest
>
> "Stanley Crawford has . . . turned the history of an acequia into a startling and lovely celebration of life. . . . Crawford's artistry draws the reader . . . into the lives of those simple and strong people . . . [His] narrative technique effectively leads the reader through the past's mundane tasks of yearly digging and scraping ditches . . . Mayordomo illustrates the joy of 'living life deliberately' without modern conveniences--it reveals to the reader the strength and hardihood found only in those who live close to the land and depend on the environment for survival. It is a testament to the human spirit . . . " -- Western American Literature
>
> "Mayordomo is informative non-fiction writing at its best . . . Moreover, it has been perceived as a fine piece of living archeology . . . [Crawford] applied his skill as a writer of smooth and sensitive prose." -- Taos County Historical Society
>
> "Crawford writes with clarity and true pitch about the climate, the wildlife, and the social complexities of northern New Mexico village life. . . . As a contribution to naturalist literature the book is equally rich. . . . Mayordomo is sure to become a classic regional study . . . Crawford's sensitive pen captures the conflicts and continuities with poignancy." -- El Palacio

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 13:27:11 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
> wrote:

>On 11/7/2017 11:42 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> snip
>>>

>> Keeping trees off of the river bank and streams saves a huge amount of
>> water. Obviously we can't remove all trees from the banks of
>> waterways but there are a lot of trash trees allowed to sprout and
>> grow because landowners are lazy. There is work being done in some
>> south western states to address this problem. Here, in my city,
>> workers are cutting down mature trees and saplings that have been
>> allowed to grow on the banks of canals. For us, canals are a purpose
>> built water delivery system for farmers out in the county. Too much
>> water was lost to trees that served no purpose.
>> Janet US
>>

>We have a major problem here, now being addressed at long last, with
>salt cedar (Tamarisk) along the banks of the Rio Grande.
>
>Sure it's great at stabilizing and halting erosion, but they are so
>water thirsty that the losses are intolerable.
>
>snip
>
>> Russian olive and tamarisk (salt cedar) are aggressive, invasive trees that infest river banks, use excessive water, compete with native species, and form dense stands prone to wildfire. Removal and management of these trees is essential to maintaining the health of the rivers and land in our district.
>>
>> San Juan SWCD projects have cleared over 3,000 acres of Russian olive and salt cedar in the past six years, and have chemically treated over 1,800 acres of resprouts. Through funding from NM State Forestry, US Forest Service, the State of New Mexico, and San Juan County, our projects have removed hazardous fuels for 110 private landowners, and have cleared firebreaks and improved river access for Farmington, Aztec, Bloomfield, San Juan County, Jackson Lake Wildlife Management Area, Navajo Lake State Park, Bureau of Land Management, US Fish and Wildlife, Bureau of Reclamation, and the Navajo Nation.

>We also have something we locally call "acequias" which indeed are just
>small canals used for irrigation.
>
>In ABQ proper there are many urban neighborhoods where people still farm
>small plots and rely on these and the ditch rider (Mayordomo) is still a
>respected and important figure in the community.
>
>It's all very ancient and very cool.
>
>Oh, and it works!
>
>But that spring brush hogging is a thankless job.
>
>A great read on the matter is:
>
>http://www.unmpress.com/books.php?ID=1161
>
>> Mayordomo: Chronicle of an Acequia in Northern New Mexico
>>

>snip

My son-in-law is working on the exact same project in NM.
Probably the same as you referenced. I don't mean physically, he is
working with the entities you mention as a researcher and
environmental oversight. My daughter sent me a book that discusses
the acequias and the land ownership around them and how much water
those trees steal each day. Fascinating
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/7/2017 2:10 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> [...]

>> small canals used for irrigation.
>>
>> In ABQ proper there are many urban neighborhoods where people still farm
>> small plots and rely on these and the ditch rider (Mayordomo) is still a
>> respected and important figure in the community.
>>
>> It's all very ancient and very cool.
>>
>> Oh, and it works!
>>
>> But that spring brush hogging is a thankless job.
>>
>> A great read on the matter is:
>>
>> http://www.unmpress.com/books.php?ID=1161
>>
>>> Mayordomo: Chronicle of an Acequia in Northern New Mexico
>>>

>> snip

> My son-in-law is working on the exact same project in NM.
> Probably the same as you referenced. I don't mean physically, he is
> working with the entities you mention as a researcher and
> environmental oversight. My daughter sent me a book that discusses
> the acequias and the land ownership around them and how much water

Small world, eh?

Tamarisk has been an absolute disaster since it was introduced here in
the arid West and despite its pretty pink blossoms it has to go.

I was tempted to mention "The Milagro Beanfield War" too...plenty of
acequia action in that book and series.

There's a PBS series on natural ecosystems I've been watching lately
that really shows the proper interactions of native species of all kinds:

http://www.clemson.edu/public/expeditions/

The Trans Pecos episodes are compelling for showing the remnant sky
islands specieation in what are now extremely geographically isolated
ecosystems.

Also the Catalina Island episodes were spot-on.

I'd love to see this guy explore our "Malpais" (bad country) lava fields
as well as southern Idaho's volcanic deserts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 14:33:57 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
> wrote:

>On 11/7/2017 2:10 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 13:27:11 -0700, Casa de los peregrinos
>> > wrote:

>>> We have a major problem here, now being addressed at long last, with
>>> salt cedar (Tamarisk) along the banks of the Rio Grande.
>>>
>>> Sure it's great at stabilizing and halting erosion, but they are so
>>> water thirsty that the losses are intolerable.
>>>
>>> snip

>>> We also have something we locally call "acequias" which indeed are just
>>> small canals used for irrigation.
>>>
>>> In ABQ proper there are many urban neighborhoods where people still farm
>>> small plots and rely on these and the ditch rider (Mayordomo) is still a
>>> respected and important figure in the community.
>>>
>>> It's all very ancient and very cool.
>>>
>>> Oh, and it works!
>>>
>>> But that spring brush hogging is a thankless job.
>>>
>>> A great read on the matter is:
>>>
>>> http://www.unmpress.com/books.php?ID=1161

>>> snip

>> My son-in-law is working on the exact same project in NM.
>> Probably the same as you referenced. I don't mean physically, he is
>> working with the entities you mention as a researcher and
>> environmental oversight. My daughter sent me a book that discusses
>> the acequias and the land ownership around them and how much water
>> those trees steal each day. Fascinating
>> Janet US
>>

>Small world, eh?
>
>Tamarisk has been an absolute disaster since it was introduced here in
>the arid West and despite its pretty pink blossoms it has to go.
>
>I was tempted to mention "The Milagro Beanfield War" too...plenty of
>acequia action in that book and series.
>
>There's a PBS series on natural ecosystems I've been watching lately
>that really shows the proper interactions of native species of all kinds:
>
>http://www.clemson.edu/public/expeditions/
>
>The Trans Pecos episodes are compelling for showing the remnant sky
>islands specieation in what are now extremely geographically isolated
>ecosystems.
>
>Also the Catalina Island episodes were spot-on.
>
>I'd love to see this guy explore our "Malpais" (bad country) lava fields
>as well as southern Idaho's volcanic deserts.

I'll watch for that program.
You would be fascinated to visit our Craters of the Moon National
Park.
https://www.nps.gov/crmo/index.htm
When you get to that part of the state, dynamite is necessary for
construction. It's been awhile since I've been to Craters of the
Moon. You don't want to go in the dead of summer. It is just too
darn hot. There are also lava tube caves for exploration over that
way. If you go to Craters of the Moon be sure to wear some good
walking shoes or boots. It would be easy to turn an ankle as the area
isn't all nice pathways like Yellowstone for instance. You get to
walk on sharp hardened lava.
I just picked up
> http://www.unmpress.com/books.php?ID=1161

at Amazon and had it sent to my Kindle. Thanks for the recommend.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 9:29:46 AM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
> Found these at Walmart last Saturday. They are very ugly but if you see
> then try a bag. Relatively inexpensive. Very easy to peel; skin comes off
> in just a few large pieces. Very sweet and juicy. Ignore the appearamce.
>

> --
> I love a good meal! That's why I don't cook.

they are good. just ate one. picked up a bag at wal mart this morning they are just big clementines "cuties"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 2, 2018 at 11:18:10 AM UTC-10, wrote:

> they are good. just ate one. picked up a bag at wal mart this morning they are just big clementines "cuties"

I think the OP was talking about these orange/tangerine hybrid:

http://www.sumocitrus.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

beckyphil9 wrote:
>KenK wrote:
>> Found these at Walmart last Saturday. They are very ugly but if you see
>> then try a bag. Relatively inexpensive. Very easy to peel; skin comes off
>> in just a few large pieces. Very sweet and juicy. Ignore the appearamce.

>they are good. just ate one. picked up a bag at wal mart this morning they are just big clementines "cuties"

Sounds like Becky's Bountiful Boobs... pure juiciness... lay them on
me, I'm all puckered up! Num, Num, Num.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 8:29:46 AM UTC-5, KenK wrote:
> Found these at Walmart last Saturday. They are very ugly but if you see
> then try a bag. Relatively inexpensive. Very easy to peel; skin comes off
> in just a few large pieces. Very sweet and juicy. Ignore the appearamce.
>

> --
> I love a good meal! That's why I don't cook.

i love them but cant find them anymore.!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 7:13:27 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 8:29:46 AM UTC-5, KenK wrote:
> > Found these at Walmart last Saturday. They are very ugly but if you see
> > then try a bag. Relatively inexpensive. Very easy to peel; skin comes off
> > in just a few large pieces. Very sweet and juicy. Ignore the appearamce.
> >

> > --
> > I love a good meal! That's why I don't cook.

> i love them but cant find them anymore.!!

They are only available from January until April. You got 3 months to get your paws on these things. Act fast.

https://www.eatlikenoone.com/where-t...arins-2018.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I just bought a bag of the lumpy bumpy mandarins... they are exactly what we had growing in our backyard in Houston as a child! We called them tangelos... but Ive never found them until now! They are the BEST! No, they arent cuties.
They dont have seeds, so I need to know where to buy the trees from!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 9:29:46 AM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
> Found these at Walmart last Saturday. They are very ugly but if you see
> then try a bag. Relatively inexpensive. Very easy to peel; skin comes off
> in just a few large pieces. Very sweet and juicy. Ignore the appearamce.
>

> --
> I love a good meal! That's why I don't cook.

I haven't seen any for at least 2 years. I found them in Kroger twice in the winter but havent seen them since. Im in MI Never saw them at Walmart. I'll have to try again.

I just ate three oranges John Kuthe[_2_] General Cooking 18 15-02-2010 06:37 PM
oranges werwiniskp Baking 0 27-03-2009 07:53 AM
My Alfredo keeps coming out lumpy [email protected] General Cooking 87 04-11-2007 05:58 PM
Lumpy Diaper Burrito hc Recipes (moderated) 0 18-10-2007 02:28 AM