Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Very OT

I asked this question on a very specific NG "mozilla.support. seamonkey
and got no replies.just thought I would try here, just for fun to see
where I got.

"I have started again with new OS install on SSD and I am trying to find
the contacts off the old drive The old drive is still intact with old os
still on it I can get at the old drive with cradle via usb where is the
old contact file hidden? am I looking for a .vcf file?
I tried search for .vcf and *.vcf but got nowhere."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-05-24, FMurtz > wrote:

> old contact file hidden? am I looking for a .vcf file?
> I tried search for .vcf and *.vcf but got nowhere."

I use Seamonkey quite a bit. My primary browser on Slackware Linux.
Slackware Linux also includes a Gnu utility called "slocate", which
I'm sure you can dwnld off the web. You gotta do a slocate -u, first,
to create a database.

I found these files:

/home/notbob/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf_7
/home/notbob/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf_6
/home/notbob/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf
/home/notbob/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf_2
/home/notbob/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf_1
/home/notbob/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf_3

Looks like those files are in yer home directory under a "hidden"
directory, .kde. BTW, all my files are empty. [shrug]

I also found this file:

/usr/lib/strigi/strigiea_vcf.so

.....which looks like a KDE utility file

That's all for now!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 24 May 2017 23:42:06 +1000, FMurtz wrote:
>
>> I asked this question on a very specific NG "mozilla.support. seamonkey
>> and got no replies.just thought I would try here, just for fun to see
>> where I got.
>>
>> "I have started again with new OS install on SSD and I am trying to find
>> the contacts off the old drive The old drive is still intact with old os
>> still on it I can get at the old drive with cradle via usb where is the
>> old contact file hidden? am I looking for a .vcf file?
>> I tried search for .vcf and *.vcf but got nowhere."

> The answer you seek is very easy to find on a Google search.
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Moving_add...tween_profiles
>
> In the future, use Mozbackup. A third-party app that lets you backup
> Thunderbird/Mozilla Suite/Seamonkey/Firefox profiles and restore all
> or parts of the profiles to different installations.
>
> -sw

I have already seen that,my problem is that I want to know where the
files are hiding on the old drive without booting the old OS.and can not
find any mab or vlf files with search,If I knew where they hide and and
by what name I could look with the file manager.
I could remove the new SSD with current OS physically and install the
old one and boot it and maybe network it and import the contacts to a
laptop but I was just trying to find where the file is hidden on the
old drive and looking at it with a file manager.