Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT Tats and mutilation

I was sitting in the dermatologist's office this morning and there was
the oddest looking guy. It was nice and warm out and this guy was
dressed head to toe in insulated camo coveralls. He had at least six
safety pin type things stuck in each ear, two in each eye brow, and a
couple more in his forehead. I know some while think it judgemental, but
I had to wonder if he should be seeing a dermatologist of a psychiatrist.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/23/2017 11:47 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> I was sitting in the dermatologist's office this morning and there was
> the oddest looking guy. It was nice and warm out and this guy was
> dressed head to toe in insulated camo coveralls. He had at least six
> safety pin type things stuck in each ear, two in each eye brow, and a
> couple more in his forehead. I know some while think it judgemental, but
> I had to wonder if he should be seeing a dermatologist of a psychiatrist.

Sounds like a truck driver that showed up at work one day. he had a
spider web starting on his forehead and across his face and what I could
see of his chest. I cannot imagine why.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>Dave Smith wrote:
>> I was sitting in the dermatologist's office this morning and there was
>> the oddest looking guy. It was nice and warm out and this guy was
>> dressed head to toe in insulated camo coveralls. He had at least six
>> safety pin type things stuck in each ear, two in each eye brow, and a
>> couple more in his forehead. I know some while think it judgemental, but
>> I had to wonder if he should be seeing a dermatologist of a psychiatrist.

>Sounds like a truck driver that showed up at work one day. he had a
>spider web starting on his forehead and across his face and what I could
>see of his chest. I cannot imagine why.

There's no law against looking strange... there are a lot of strange
looking people on this planet. He has a responsible job, just likes
to think outside the box. He's likely married to a good looking babe
who also has spider webs covering her attributes. He's not hurting
anyone and as a truck driver spends most of his time alone out of
public view so his style isn't even offending too many. And just
think, it's 'bout impossible for him to commit a crime and not be
recognizable and mistaken for anyone else.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> I was sitting in the dermatologist's office this morning and there was
> the oddest looking guy. It was nice and warm out and this guy was
> dressed head to toe in insulated camo coveralls. He had at least six
> safety pin type things stuck in each ear, two in each eye brow, and a
> couple more in his forehead. I know some while think it judgemental, but
> I had to wonder if he should be seeing a dermatologist of a psychiatrist.

http://ftupet.com/~tert/img/misc/misc/stupid/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-05-23, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> spider web starting on his forehead and across his face.....

I recall some wag defining those kinda tats as, "....a lifetime
guarantee of never receiving health benefits or even a severence pkg."

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/23/2017 2:15 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2017-05-23, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>> spider web starting on his forehead and across his face.....

> I recall some wag defining those kinda tats as, "....a lifetime
> guarantee of never receiving health benefits or even a severence pkg."
>
> nb

Sheldon did make some good points that he is employed at a good middle
class job and has little contact with other. If so, appearance means
nothing. Things change, shyt happens. What if his employer shuts the
doors and he is out of work? Will he become a WalMart greeter?
Assistance teacher? I can see where a lot of society would shut him out
of a job for it.

Tats are more acceptable than 30 years ago, but if they are grotesque,
the wrong symbols, obscene, you do limit yourself.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-05-23 12:54 PM, wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>> Sounds like a truck driver that showed up at work one day. he had a
>> spider web starting on his forehead and across his face and what I could
>> see of his chest. I cannot imagine why.

> There's no law against looking strange... there are a lot of strange
> looking people on this planet. He has a responsible job, just likes
> to think outside the box. He's likely married to a good looking babe
> who also has spider webs covering her attributes. He's not hurting
> anyone and as a truck driver spends most of his time alone out of
> public view so his style isn't even offending too many.

That would depend a lot on what kind of truck driver he was. Company
drivers are usually expected to dress to certain standards. Granted,
they standards are lower than those for executives, sales reps and
receptionists, but higher than those for foundry workers and paving
crews. They represent their company.

> think, it's 'bout impossible for him to commit a crime and not be
> recognizable and mistaken for anyone else.

That's true, and that is how a lot of them manage to get caught. When my
brother was in his teens and early 20s he was a hellion but he could get
away with a lot because he always maintained a very straight appearance.
He was clean shaven, kept his hair short and was always well dressed.
he looked like a goodie two shoes and got away with a lot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-05-23 2:15 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2017-05-23, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>> spider web starting on his forehead and across his face.....

> I recall some wag defining those kinda tats as, "....a lifetime
> guarantee of never receiving health benefits or even a severence pkg."

Yep. I recently heard a comedian say that a face tattoo is a way to say
minimum wage is good enough for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-05-23 3:27 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Sheldon did make some good points that he is employed at a good middle
> class job and has little contact with other. If so, appearance means
> nothing. Things change, shyt happens. What if his employer shuts the
> doors and he is out of work? Will he become a WalMart greeter?
> Assistance teacher? I can see where a lot of society would shut him out
> of a job for it.
>
> Tats are more acceptable than 30 years ago, but if they are grotesque,
> the wrong symbols, obscene, you do limit yourself.

And when was the last time you ever looked at someone and thought they
would look better with a few tattoos?

I have no problem with subtle little tattoos, especially if they are
someplace where they aren't seen by everyone. I have never been
impressed by sleeves. I have never been impressed with extensive tats on
legs and backs. Put a tat anywhere above the the collar and it's a good
way to show the world you'd be happy to spend your life living on welfare.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 23 May 2017 17:34:32 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2017-05-23 2:15 PM, notbob wrote:
>> On 2017-05-23, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>>
>>> spider web starting on his forehead and across his face.....

>> I recall some wag defining those kinda tats as, "....a lifetime
>> guarantee of never receiving health benefits or even a severence pkg."
>>

>Yep. I recently heard a comedian say that a face tattoo is a way to say
>minimum wage is good enough for me.

A young fellow, probably around 22/25 once waved his bowl in front of
me, his sign said he would work for money if offered but it was never
going to happen. His face was a total mess, it looked to me like a
couple of drugged up persons had tatted each others faces, it was
hideous. Definitely a way to guarantee unemployement.

One of my grandsons has a lovely colourful koi on his shoulder but it
is totally concealed unless he is shirtless.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Yep. I recently heard a comedian say that a face tattoo is a way to say
minimum wage is good enough for me.

Yep, here (SFBA) we call neck and face tattoos "job stoppers"

Nellie
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 23 May 2017 14:56:55 -0700 (PDT), Nellie

>Yep. I recently heard a comedian say that a face tattoo is a way to say
>minimum wage is good enough for me.
>
>Yep, here (SFBA) we call neck and face tattoos "job stoppers"

San Francisco Baseball Academy?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 23 May 2017 14:56:55 -0700 (PDT), Nellie

>Yep. I recently heard a comedian say that a face tattoo is a way to say
>minimum wage is good enough for me.
>
>Yep, here (SFBA) we call neck and face tattoos "job stoppers"

Well, 50% ain't bad

Nellie
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 23 May 2017 16:51:33 -0700 (PDT), Nellie
> wrote:

>On Tue, 23 May 2017 14:56:55 -0700 (PDT), Nellie

>>Yep. I recently heard a comedian say that a face tattoo is a way to say
>>minimum wage is good enough for me.
>>
>>Yep, here (SFBA) we call neck and face tattoos "job stoppers"

>Well, 50% ain't bad

Oh, Bay Area, of course!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 23 May 2017 16:51:33 -0700 (PDT), Nellie
> wrote:

>On Tue, 23 May 2017 14:56:55 -0700 (PDT), Nellie

>>Yep. I recently heard a comedian say that a face tattoo is a way to say
>>minimum wage is good enough for me.
>>
>>Yep, here (SFBA) we call neck and face tattoos "job stoppers"

>Well, 50% ain't bad

Oh, Bay Area, of course!

Lol. You're quite humorous. I guess that was rather presumptuous.

Actually, having said that, I've seen quite a few tatted people in prominent professional positions
The nurse (or whatever) that took my bp last week had tatt sleeves. Then also the hematologist that drew blood had a few I rarely see these folks so don't know how long theve been at their jobs.

Nellie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 2:37:47 PM UTC-10, Nellie wrote:
> On Tue, 23 May 2017 16:51:33 -0700 (PDT), Nellie
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 23 May 2017 14:56:55 -0700 (PDT), Nellie

> >>Yep. I recently heard a comedian say that a face tattoo is a way to say
> >>minimum wage is good enough for me.
> >>
> >>Yep, here (SFBA) we call neck and face tattoos "job stoppers"

> >Well, 50% ain't bad

> Oh, Bay Area, of course!
>
> Lol. You're quite humorous. I guess that was rather presumptuous.
>
> Actually, having said that, I've seen quite a few tatted people in prominent professional positions
> The nurse (or whatever) that took my bp last week had tatt sleeves. Then also the hematologist that drew blood had a few I rarely see these folks so don't know how long theve been at their jobs.
>
> Nellie

Tats are going to be even more popular. The boomers don't approve? Oh well. I believe we'll be seeing more Pacific island and Asian styles. These require a lot more commitment on the wearer's part. I like them better than the chop suey thrown together American style.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 10:42:02 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 2:37:47 PM UTC-10, Nellie wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 May 2017 16:51:33 -0700 (PDT), Nellie
> > > wrote:

> > >Well, 50% ain't bad

> > Oh, Bay Area, of course!
> >
> > Lol. You're quite humorous. I guess that was rather presumptuous.
> >
> > Actually, having said that, I've seen quite a few tatted people in prominent professional positions
> > The nurse (or whatever) that took my bp last week had tatt sleeves. Then also the hematologist that drew blood had a few I rarely see these folks so don't know how long theve been at their jobs.
> >
> > Nellie

> Tats are going to be even more popular. The boomers don't approve? Oh well. I believe we'll be seeing more Pacific island and Asian styles. These require a lot more commitment on the wearer's part. I like them better than the chop suey thrown together American style.

Actually, at least in midwest USA tats are much less popular. My son is 25 - no tats, won't date a girl with them. 30-50, heinous tats all over.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 4:50:30 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 10:42:02 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 2:37:47 PM UTC-10, Nellie wrote:
> > > On Tue, 23 May 2017 16:51:33 -0700 (PDT), Nellie

> > > Oh, Bay Area, of course!
> > >
> > > Lol. You're quite humorous. I guess that was rather presumptuous.
> > >
> > > Actually, having said that, I've seen quite a few tatted people in prominent professional positions
> > > The nurse (or whatever) that took my bp last week had tatt sleeves. Then also the hematologist that drew blood had a few I rarely see these folks so don't know how long theve been at their jobs.
> > >
> > > Nellie

> > Tats are going to be even more popular. The boomers don't approve? Oh well. I believe we'll be seeing more Pacific island and Asian styles. These require a lot more commitment on the wearer's part. I like them better than the chop suey thrown together American style.

> Actually, at least in midwest USA tats are much less popular. My son is 25 - no tats, won't date a girl with them. 30-50, heinous tats all over.

None of the males in my family have tats either. If I did, it would have to be a pretty great design. At my age, tats ain't going to affect me much. If someone needed some skin to practice, I suppose I'd let 'em.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-05-24, Nancy Young > wrote:

> I told her how ink can collect in your lymph nodes, she was grossed
> out.

Izzat true or jes another urban myth, like John Wayne died with 8 lbs
of rotting meat in his intestines?

nt --no tats

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I had told my son that if he ever got a tattoo while he was on my dime in college, I would not continue to pay for his education, and he knew I meant it. On the morning of his graduation, he rolled up his sleeve to show me a Celtic knotwork upper arm band that he had done the night before, still puffy and coated with ointment. At least he waited till college was over. He's a very gifted artist, specializing in Celtic designs and he designed his own tattoo, it's actually very discreet and tasteful.

I once went to a wedding of two middle aged people and the bride's son had an eyeball tattoo in the middle of his forehead. It made for interesting wedding pictures.

Denise in NH
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2017 11:29 AM, notbob wrote:
> Izzat true or jes another urban myth, like John Wayne died with 8 lbs
> of rotting meat in his intestines?

Get outta here. LOL!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 10:08:48 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> None of the males in my family have tats either. If I did, it would have to be a pretty great design. At my age, tats ain't going to affect me much. If someone needed some skin to practice, I suppose I'd let 'em.

My cousin, the ONLY male in the family that had a tattoo, got
one while in the navy of his wife's name. They divorced and
how he hated, hated, hated that tattoo.

In the news here whenever a hoodlum is arrested for murder,
robberies, drug activity, or child abuse, 90% of the time
they have neck tattoos. Usually a couple tats on their
ugly mugs as well. Invariably someone will comment on the
online news site reporting their arrest "another loser with
neck tattoos has been arrested" or "I knew he was a loser
when I saw those neck tattoos."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2017 11:29 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2017-05-24, Nancy Young > wrote:
>

>> I told her how ink can collect in your lymph nodes, she was grossed
>> out.

> Izzat true or jes another urban myth, like John Wayne died with 8 lbs
> of rotting meat in his intestines?

True. I saw it on some show like CSI and thought is that for real?
Yup.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 May 2017 17:15:25 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 5/24/2017 11:29 AM, notbob wrote:
>> On 2017-05-24, Nancy Young > wrote:
>>

>>> I told her how ink can collect in your lymph nodes, she was grossed
>>> out.

>> Izzat true or jes another urban myth, like John Wayne died with 8 lbs
>> of rotting meat in his intestines?

>True. I saw it on some show like CSI and thought is that for real?
>Yup.

Did you think he was a vegetarian?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2017 1:27 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 5:06:11 AM UTC-10, Nancy Young wrote:
>> On 5/23/2017 10:50 PM, wrote:

>> The worst parts of tattoos are most of them are the same thing everyone
>> else gets or it's a big indecipherable blob.
>>
>> My niece is in her early 20s and no tattoos that I know of. When
>> I told her how ink can collect in your lymph nodes, she was
>> grossed out. Not that I was trying to scare her off or anything ...

> This guy's lymph nodes must be totally black. OTOH, a little ink is a
>lot better than having your nodes full of cancer cells.

Of course. But it hardly seems like a good idea.

https://www.tahititatou.com/therock-engl_2.html

At least I can see a design. Not like a mass of unrelated
blobs. Not that people who have tattoos care what others
think of them. I don't really care but the face tattoos are
just stupid.

In my opinion.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2017 5:15 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 24 May 2017 17:15:25 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:

>>> Izzat true or jes another urban myth, like John Wayne died with 8 lbs
>>> of rotting meat in his intestines?

>> True. I saw it on some show like CSI and thought is that for real?
>> Yup.

> Did you think he was a vegetarian?

Are you asking me? I was talking about tattoo ink migrating to
your lymph nodes.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-05-24 5:15 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 5/24/2017 11:29 AM, notbob wrote:
>> On 2017-05-24, Nancy Young > wrote:
>>

>>> I told her how ink can collect in your lymph nodes, she was grossed
>>> out.

>> Izzat true or jes another urban myth, like John Wayne died with 8 lbs
>> of rotting meat in his intestines?

> True. I saw it on some show like CSI and thought is that for real?
> Yup.

Then it has to be true. I was inspired to Google it and found articles
that talked about 40 pounds of impacted feces and attributed it to his
having been suffering from cancer and taking a lot of pain medication,
which generally causes constipation. Then I came across a site that said
that since he had been suffering from cancer for an extended period and
that his death was obviously a result of that cancer, that no autopsy
was done.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 May 2017 18:04:47 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>Maybe we shouldn't be so hard on them for getting those tattoos.

Hey, Dave shows a glimmer of open-mindedness!

>If they feel a need to tell the world they are bass ass idiot, perhaps we should
>appreciate the advance warning.

Oh.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2017 6:13 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2017-05-24 5:15 PM, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Izzat true or jes another urban myth, like John Wayne died with 8 lbs
>>> of rotting meat in his intestines?

>> True. I saw it on some show like CSI and thought is that for real?
>> Yup.
>>

> Then it has to be true. I was inspired to Google it and found articles
> that talked about 40 pounds of impacted feces and attributed it to his
> having been suffering from cancer and taking a lot of pain medication,
> which generally causes constipation. Then I came across a site that said
> that since he had been suffering from cancer for an extended period and
> that his death was obviously a result of that cancer, that no autopsy
> was done.

notbob asked me if it was true about the lymph nodes, or a myth like
John Wayne.

I said it was true. *About the lymph nodes.* I don't care what was
or wasn't in John Wayne's gut when he died.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 May 2017 18:50:19 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 5/24/2017 6:13 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> True. I saw it on some show like CSI and thought is that for real?
>>> Yup.
>>>

>> Then it has to be true. I was inspired to Google it and found articles
>> that talked about 40 pounds of impacted feces and attributed it to his
>> having been suffering from cancer and taking a lot of pain medication,
>> which generally causes constipation. Then I came across a site that said
>> that since he had been suffering from cancer for an extended period and
>> that his death was obviously a result of that cancer, that no autopsy
>> was done.

>notbob asked me if it was true about the lymph nodes, or a myth like
>John Wayne.
>
>I said it was true. *About the lymph nodes.* I don't care what was
>or wasn't in John Wayne's gut when he died.
>
>nancy

I think if I were young and starting out again I'd be opening a tat
removal place
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-05-24 7:01 PM, lucretia wrote:
> On Wed, 24 May 2017 18:50:19 -0400, Nancy Young

> I think if I were young and starting out again I'd be opening a tat
> removal place

A few years ago I was at a party and met a doctor. I asked him if tattoo
removal required a medical license. I said that I thought it would be a
growth industry, and he agreed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 May 2017 19:05:07 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2017-05-24 7:01 PM, lucretia wrote:
>> On Wed, 24 May 2017 18:50:19 -0400, Nancy Young

>> I think if I were young and starting out again I'd be opening a tat
>> removal place
>>

>A few years ago I was at a party and met a doctor. I asked him if tattoo
>removal required a medical license. I said that I thought it would be a
>growth industry, and he agreed.

There will always be more tats applied than removed, so what about
Dave's Tat Shop?