Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner Tonight

Dinner Tonight:
Left over pork chops with buttered egg noodles and brussel sprouts:
http://i66.tinypic.com/vi36mb.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 5:47:15 PM UTC-7, Sheldon wrote:
> Dinner Tonight:
> Left over pork chops with buttered egg noodles and brussel sprouts:
> http://i66.tinypic.com/vi36mb.jpg

looks go to me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 May 2017 18:00:35 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 5:47:15 PM UTC-7, Sheldon wrote:
>> Dinner Tonight:
>> Left over pork chops with buttered egg noodles and brussel sprouts:
>> http://i66.tinypic.com/vi36mb.jpg

>looks good to me.

I always plan for left overs... if I'm frying pork chops, boiling
noodles, and steaming sprouts... and then having to wash pots I'd have
to be a fool to do it all twice and for no reason.
I see no problem with left overs, if it was good the first time it's
doubly good the second time. In fact after boiling the noodles I used
that same hot water for the sprouts... waste not want not.... added a
coupl ounces of that hot water to deglaze the chops pan and added it
to the noodles, a great flavorizer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-05-20 9:25 PM, wrote:
> On Sat, 20 May 2017 18:00:35 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 5:47:15 PM UTC-7, Sheldon wrote:
>>> Dinner Tonight:
>>> Left over pork chops with buttered egg noodles and brussel sprouts:

http://i66.tinypic.com/vi36mb.jpg

>> looks good to me.

> I always plan for left overs... if I'm frying pork chops, boiling
> noodles, and steaming sprouts... and then having to wash pots I'd have
> to be a fool to do it all twice and for no reason.

That's one way to look at it. Personally, I would rather dirty that pan
for each meal and have a freshly fried chop.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sat, 20 May 2017 18:00:35 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 5:47:15 PM UTC-7, Sheldon wrote:
>>> Dinner Tonight:
>>> Left over pork chops with buttered egg noodles and brussel sprouts:
>>> http://i66.tinypic.com/vi36mb.jpg

>>looks good to me.

> I always plan for left overs... if I'm frying pork chops, boiling
> noodles, and steaming sprouts... and then having to wash pots I'd have
> to be a fool to do it all twice and for no reason.
> I see no problem with left overs, if it was good the first time it's
> doubly good the second time. In fact after boiling the noodles I used
> that same hot water for the sprouts... waste not want not.... added a
> coupl ounces of that hot water to deglaze the chops pan and added it
> to the noodles, a great flavorizer.

I love leftovers, we were raised on them, and they were damned good the
second time too.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 10:01:03 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2017-05-20 9:25 PM, wrote:
> > On Sat, 20 May 2017 18:00:35 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > > wrote:

http://i66.tinypic.com/vi36mb.jpg

> >> looks good to me.

> > I always plan for left overs... if I'm frying pork chops, boiling
> > noodles, and steaming sprouts... and then having to wash pots I'd have
> > to be a fool to do it all twice and for no reason.

> That's one way to look at it. Personally, I would rather dirty that pan
> for each meal and have a freshly fried chop.

I'd grill the chops, which is even less cleanup.

Tonight:
Chicken tikka masala.
Broccoli slaw marinated in lemon juice, cumin, coriander seed, fresh ginger,
salt, and white pepper. Served on romaine lettuce with sliced cucumber,
radish, and jalapeno matchsticks, along with more of the marinade as a dressing.
A simple pullao of basmati rice with cinnamon, cardamom, cumin seed, cloves, and a little turmeric.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 May 2017 05:20:43 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 10:01:03 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2017-05-20 9:25 PM, wrote:
>> > On Sat, 20 May 2017 18:00:35 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags

http://i66.tinypic.com/vi36mb.jpg

>> > I always plan for left overs... if I'm frying pork chops, boiling
>> > noodles, and steaming sprouts... and then having to wash pots I'd have
>> > to be a fool to do it all twice and for no reason.

>> That's one way to look at it. Personally, I would rather dirty that pan
>> for each meal and have a freshly fried chop.

>I'd grill the chops, which is even less cleanup.
>
>Tonight:
>Chicken tikka masala.
>Broccoli slaw marinated in lemon juice, cumin, coriander seed, fresh ginger,
>salt, and white pepper. Served on romaine lettuce with sliced cucumber,
>radish, and jalapeno matchsticks, along with more of the marinade as a dressing.
>A simple pullao of basmati rice with cinnamon, cardamom, cumin seed, cloves, and a little turmeric.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I'm going to roast a lamb shank with roasted parsnip and spud as well.
For a single person a lamb shank makes an excellent roast, I'll get a
cold supper from it tomorrow.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

>> I love leftovers, we were raised on them, and they were damned
>> good the second time too.
>>
>> Cheri
>>

> I think it really depends on what you have left over. IMHO, some
> things simply aren't edible when left over.

I'm sure there are, but I've never had anything that wasn't, at least not
that I can recall because if I didn't like it the second time, I probably
didn't like it the first time.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 May 2017 22:40:05 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 20 May 2017 18:00:35 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
>> > wrote:

>>>looks good to me.

>> I always plan for left overs... if I'm frying pork chops, boiling
>> noodles, and steaming sprouts... and then having to wash pots I'd have
>> to be a fool to do it all twice and for no reason.
>> I see no problem with left overs, if it was good the first time it's
>> doubly good the second time. In fact after boiling the noodles I used
>> that same hot water for the sprouts... waste not want not.... added a
>> coupl ounces of that hot water to deglaze the chops pan and added it
>> to the noodles, a great flavorizer.

>I love leftovers, we were raised on them, and they were damned good the
>second time too.
>
>Cheri

Especially since all I had to do was a very quick nuking just to warm.
And left overs often taste better since there s time for flavors to
develop and there was no strong aroma of freshly cooked.
Also when people say they don't like left overs what they are really
saying is that they don't like to cook and rarely do cook... mostly
they eat out or take out. Real cooks take the time and make the
effort to prepare something special so cook enough to have left overs.
I wouldn't want left overs either if it tasted and looked like quickly
thrown together slop. I can assure yoose my left overs are leagues
ahead of freshly prepared at any five star. I've eaten at plenty of
fancy schmancy restos, I've never been impressed and I've mostly been
disappointed... they think they can pass off crap because most of
their patrons are so impressed with the surroundings, furnishings,
nattily attired staff, and the exhorbitant prices. To me Soup Du Jour
means something concocted from yesterday's plate scrapings. To be
honest I don't mind a stock from our meat bones but I don't want a
soup stock from strange diners gnawed bones and that's EXACTLY what
resto soup Du Jour is made with.... it's fact, NOT fiction.
Restaurants don't throw away anything they can salvage. Patrons leave
over some steak it goes into the Soup du Jour... yoose resto diners
eat a lot more left overs than yoose think. And unlike fast food
joints that toss dropped burgers into the trash five stars rummage
through the plate scrappings for the next day's menu.... menus are
planned around plate scrapings, FACT! When Sunday's menu features
prime rib be assured Monday's Soup du Jour will be vegetable beef or
beef barley. The fancier the restaurant the more likely they are
repurposing patron's LOs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 May 2017 07:58:39 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>
>>> I love leftovers, we were raised on them, and they were damned
>>> good the second time too.
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>>

>> I think it really depends on what you have left over. IMHO, some
>> things simply aren't edible when left over.

>I'm sure there are, but I've never had anything that wasn't, at least not
>that I can recall because if I didn't like it the second time, I probably
>didn't like it the first time.
>
>Cheri

If I cook 18 quarts of pasta sauce the left overs aren't really left
overs, they are an on purpose, and that's true of every food I prepare
in bulk quantity. If I prepare a double quantity of pasta and
saw-seege the left overs are an on purpose, and taste better the next
day. When people complain about eating the same thing the next day
that simply means it was terrible the first time around.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sun, 21 May 2017 07:58:39 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:

> >> I think it really depends on what you have left over. IMHO, some
> >> things simply aren't edible when left over.

> > I'm sure there are, but I've never had anything that wasn't, at
> > least not that I can recall because if I didn't like it the second
> > time, I probably didn't like it the first time.
> >
> > Cheri

> If I cook 18 quarts of pasta sauce the left overs aren't really left
> overs, they are an on purpose, and that's true of every food I prepare
> in bulk quantity. If I prepare a double quantity of pasta and
> saw-seege the left overs are an on purpose, and taste better the next
> day. When people complain about eating the same thing the next day
> that simply means it was terrible the first time around.

I agree on the leftovers. I only get tired if it's the same leftovers
5 days in a row.

That said, I just put up 6 lunches to be mixed with others over the
next 3 weeks. These are 3 compartment lunch containers I take with me.

3 have main dish pork loin cut to strips, marinated in a soy and
sweet-sour blend done medium rare set on a bed of stuffing made from
leftover bread and seasonings with butter, onions and chicken stock.

3 have a basic pasta tossed with butter, chives, and steamed fishball.

for sides: 2 have a pocket of pot-stickers. 3 got frozen brussells
sprouts and 1 got corn. 2 have home made fried rice and 4 have steamed
mustard greens (something I like well).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/21/2017 6:15 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2017-05-21 3:41 PM, wrote:
>
>> Especially since all I had to do was a very quick nuking just to warm.
>> And left overs often taste better since there s time for flavors to
>> develop and there was no strong aroma of freshly cooked.
>> Also when people say they don't like left overs what they are really
>> saying is that they don't like to cook and rarely do cook... mostly
>> they eat out or take out.

> That is bullshit on a number of levels. I would suggest that the
> opposite is true, that people who cook in large quantities in order to
> have leftovers do so because they don't like to cook. Speaking for
> myself, I am not crazy about most foods re-heated and would rather cook
> enough for one meal for the two of us each night. I can cook a pork chop
> to perfection and enjoy it. A pork chop that has been cooked and then
> cooled, wrapped and then re-heated will be over cooked.

I would suggest your reply is bullshit. I like to cook but sometimes
enjoy not having to do so. Some foods reheat well and make a damned
good lunch, quick and easy. aif your reheated food is overcooked you
should learn to better use the microwave.

With the exception of once or twice a month, at my last job I had
leftovers for lunch every day for 27 years. One of my co-workers used
to look forward to me bringing her some at times, especially home made
soup, lasagna, and a few other things.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 May 2017 20:51:34 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 5/21/2017 6:15 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2017-05-21 3:41 PM, wrote:
>>
>>> Especially since all I had to do was a very quick nuking just to warm.
>>> And left overs often taste better since there s time for flavors to
>>> develop and there was no strong aroma of freshly cooked.
>>> Also when people say they don't like left overs what they are really
>>> saying is that they don't like to cook and rarely do cook... mostly
>>> they eat out or take out.

>> That is bullshit on a number of levels. I would suggest that the
>> opposite is true, that people who cook in large quantities in order to
>> have leftovers do so because they don't like to cook. Speaking for
>> myself, I am not crazy about most foods re-heated and would rather cook
>> enough for one meal for the two of us each night. I can cook a pork chop
>> to perfection and enjoy it. A pork chop that has been cooked and then
>> cooled, wrapped and then re-heated will be over cooked.
>>

>I would suggest your reply is bullshit. I like to cook but sometimes
>enjoy not having to do so. Some foods reheat well and make a damned
>good lunch, quick and easy. aif your reheated food is overcooked you
>should learn to better use the microwave.
>
>With the exception of once or twice a month, at my last job I had
>leftovers for lunch every day for 27 years. One of my co-workers used
>to look forward to me bringing her some at times, especially home made
>soup, lasagna, and a few other things.

It's very obvious that Dave doesn't cook. If he knew how to cook he'd
realize that much of restaurant food is 'leftovers', much of what they
serve was prepped and cooked previously and reheated when ordered.
Reheated does not meat recooked, any food can be reheated to a
pristine state... I reheat veggies all the time by minimally stir
frying, and of course they weren't over cooked previously. The reason
people don't like reheated food from the nuker is because like stupid
Dave they don't know that there is not just HIGH. Again, I don't
believe Dave can prepare a PB&J sandwich.

Most of what restaurants serve nowadays are those frozen entrees one
can buy at BJs. There's a company that serves this area that delivers
"leftovers" to many restaurants, and lots of people shop there too.
Dave is a fake, I knew he was a phony from his first post here. I
usually don't agree with the dwarf but I agree with him 100% about
Dave the fake.
http://www.ginsbergs.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>>> I think it really depends on what you have left over. IMHO, some
>>> things simply aren't edible when left over.

>> I'm sure there are, but I've never had anything that wasn't, at
>> least not that I can recall because if I didn't like it the second
>> time, I probably didn't like it the first time.
>>
>> Cheri
>>

> We tend to like our vegetables tender-crisp. That texture is lost when
> reheated.

If you warm then in the microwave you can get some of the crispness back
in a hot pan. Not perfect, but better than just nuking.

Some days I don't want to take an hour to prepare a meal so the five
minute leftover dinner is just perfect.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 2017-05-21 7:17 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > Dave Smith wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > > That is bullshit on a number of levels. I would suggest that the
> > > opposite is true, that people who cook in large quantities in
> > > order to have leftovers do so because they don't like to cook.
> > > Speaking for myself, I am not crazy about most foods re-heated
> > > and would rather cook enough for one meal for the two of us each
> > > night. I can cook a pork chop to perfection and enjoy it. A pork
> > > chop that has been cooked and then cooled, wrapped and then
> > > re-heated will be over cooked.
> > >

> > > ---

> > Not entirely Dave, I cook extra for work lunches.

> Why? Because it saves you the time and effort to make a meal just for
> your lunch?

Not really quite in the way you mean. If I worked from home, I wouldn't
bother but I do not. That means my resources for a real meal are
limited there to my share of Microwave time and this does not lead to
any real cooking, just a short reheat time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

> We tend to like our vegetables tender-crisp. That texture is lost when
> reheated.

I don't ever really have too many leftover vegetables, but we like ours
fairly well cooked so it's not a problem.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 5/21/2017 6:15 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>> That is bullshit on a number of levels. I would suggest that the opposite
>> is true, that people who cook in large quantities in order to have
>> leftovers do so because they don't like to cook. Speaking for myself, I
>> am not crazy about most foods re-heated and would rather cook enough for
>> one meal for the two of us each night. I can cook a pork chop to
>> perfection and enjoy it. A pork chop that has been cooked and then
>> cooled, wrapped and then re-heated will be over cooked.
>>

> I would suggest your reply is bullshit. I like to cook but sometimes
> enjoy not having to do so. Some foods reheat well and make a damned good
> lunch, quick and easy. aif your reheated food is overcooked you should
> learn to better use the microwave.

Truly!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 6:15:40 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2017-05-21 3:41 PM, wrote:
>
> > Especially since all I had to do was a very quick nuking just to warm.
> > And left overs often taste better since there s time for flavors to
> > develop and there was no strong aroma of freshly cooked.
> > Also when people say they don't like left overs what they are really
> > saying is that they don't like to cook and rarely do cook... mostly
> > they eat out or take out.

> That is bullshit on a number of levels. I would suggest that the
> opposite is true, that people who cook in large quantities in order to
> have leftovers do so because they don't like to cook.

For years we've cooked more on the weekends than we can eat. My husband
likes a hot lunch and it gave him leftovers for lunch.

> Speaking for
> myself, I am not crazy about most foods re-heated and would rather cook
> enough for one meal for the two of us each night. I can cook a pork chop
> to perfection and enjoy it. A pork chop that has been cooked and then
> cooled, wrapped and then re-heated will be over cooked.

I don't like re-heated meat, but most weekends I'll make a big pot of
vegetable or lentil soup and have soup for lunch all week. The lentil
is particularly useful. I make a fairly plain lentil soup and then I'm
free to add different flavors: kielbasa, bacon, curry, sumac powder,
lemon (one, not all of the above).

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 9:36:51 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2017-05-21 7:17 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > Dave Smith wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> >> That is bullshit on a number of levels. I would suggest that the
> >> opposite is true, that people who cook in large quantities in order
> >> to have leftovers do so because they don't like to cook. Speaking
> >> for myself, I am not crazy about most foods re-heated and would
> >> rather cook enough for one meal for the two of us each night. I can
> >> cook a pork chop to perfection and enjoy it. A pork chop that has
> >> been cooked and then cooled, wrapped and then re-heated will be over
> >> cooked.
> >>

> >> ---

> > Not entirely Dave, I cook extra for work lunches.

> Why? Because it saves you the time and effort to make a meal just for
> your lunch?

I'll take the liberty of answering on her behalf:

Because we don't have a kitchen at the office. We cannot make a meal
just for lunch.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-05-22 6:14 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 6:15:40 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2017-05-21 3:41 PM, wrote:
>>
>>> Especially since all I had to do was a very quick nuking just to warm.
>>> And left overs often taste better since there s time for flavors to
>>> develop and there was no strong aroma of freshly cooked.
>>> Also when people say they don't like left overs what they are really
>>> saying is that they don't like to cook and rarely do cook... mostly
>>> they eat out or take out.

>> That is bullshit on a number of levels. I would suggest that the
>> opposite is true, that people who cook in large quantities in order to
>> have leftovers do so because they don't like to cook.

> For years we've cooked more on the weekends than we can eat. My husband
> likes a hot lunch and it gave him leftovers for lunch.
>
>> Speaking for
>> myself, I am not crazy about most foods re-heated and would rather cook
>> enough for one meal for the two of us each night. I can cook a pork chop
>> to perfection and enjoy it. A pork chop that has been cooked and then
>> cooled, wrapped and then re-heated will be over cooked.

> I don't like re-heated meat, but most weekends I'll make a big pot of
> vegetable or lentil soup and have soup for lunch all week. The lentil
> is particularly useful. I make a fairly plain lentil soup and then I'm
> free to add different flavors: kielbasa, bacon, curry, sumac powder,
> lemon (one, not all of the above).

There are some things that have to be made in large batches. It is not
worth it to make a small amount of soup, stew, baked beans. It is handy
to have something to take for lunch that can be simply reheated. I
reject Sheldon's suggestion that people cook individual meals because
they don't like to cook and are lazy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 May 2017 22:36:10 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>
>> We tend to like our vegetables tender-crisp. That texture is lost when
>> reheated.

>I don't ever really have too many leftover vegetables, but we like ours
>fairly well cooked so it's not a problem.

If someone has even rudimentary cooking skills the texture of
vegetables isn't lost when reheated unless they were over cooked the
first time.... reheating is not cooking, it's really just warming...
learn your microwave, a minute on medium or briefly stir frying is all
veggies need. I usually don't reheat veggies, I add them to a tossed
salad.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote:
>"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
>>Dave Smith wrote:

>>> That is bullshit on a number of levels. I would suggest that the opposite
>>> is true, that people who cook in large quantities in order to have
>>> leftovers do so because they don't like to cook. Speaking for myself, I
>>> am not crazy about most foods re-heated and would rather cook enough for
>>> one meal for the two of us each night. I can cook a pork chop to
>>> perfection and enjoy it. A pork chop that has been cooked and then
>>> cooled, wrapped and then re-heated will be over cooked.

>> I would suggest your reply is bullshit. I like to cook but sometimes
>> enjoy not having to do so. Some foods reheat well and make a damned good
>> lunch, quick and easy. aif your reheated food is overcooked you should
>> learn to better use the microwave.

>Truly!
>
>Cheri

I cook large amounts most every time, mostly so I can fill my freezer;
I'm not about to cook pasta sauce, soups, stews and similar just for
one meal, that would be dumb. And if I cook a roast we don't mind
eating it two days in a row, even on the third day it makes great
sandwiches. When I take the time to prepare a salad I prepare enough
for at least two days worth, without dressing it can stay fresh in the
fridge for several days (I squirt it with fresh lemon and/or vinegar).
It would be dumb to prepare a lasagna just enough for two portions, I
prepare one that uses three pounds of lasagna noodles, after a couple
meals lasagna freezes well and reheats easily.

Dave keeps proving me correct, he doesn't cook/can't cook.... his
lasagna comes portioned from the stupidmarket freezer... he thinks
that's freshly made, he actually thinks that's cooking. LOL
Enough sauce and saw-seege for two meals plus two
more meals in the freezer... what harm does reheating do... if
anything it tastes better after the flavors develop:
http://i68.tinypic.com/10er04p.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 22 May 2017 03:17:22 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 9:36:51 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > Not entirely Dave, I cook extra for work lunches.

>> Why? Because it saves you the time and effort to make a meal just for
>> your lunch?

>I'll take the liberty of answering on her behalf:
>
>Because we don't have a kitchen at the office. We cannot make a meal
>just for lunch.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

If Dave actually cooked he'd have figured that out instantly rather
than prove again that he's a big bag of wind.

Reheating those pork chops on top of the buttered egg noodles and
sprouts in a covered caserol on medium just enough to heat through I
defy anyone to find them any different from freshly fried. Reheating
pork chops in the nuker they are even better than fresh from the
pan... in fact reheated spare ribs are better than right off the
grill... fatty pork reheats very well in a microwave oven.... when I
take the time to slowly grill spare ribs I will cook at least three
racks, they freeze well and reheat perfectly... in fact that's exactly
what rib joints do... all Chinese restuarants reheat ribs and their
reheated are better than when freshly grilled, and they reheat in a
broiler/salamander and serve them so hot you need to eat cautiously,
and are so good there's never enough. The better supermarkets sell
precooked cryovaced ribs, they are very good reheated and those are
what a lot of restaurants serve.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-05-22 11:14 AM, wrote:

> Dave keeps proving me correct, he doesn't cook/can't cook.... his
> lasagna comes portioned from the stupidmarket freezer... he thinks
> that's freshly made, he actually thinks that's cooking. LOL

Don't you feel the least bit embarrassed to lie about something like
that and then laugh at your own idiocy? The only frozen lasagna cooked
in the house was brought by someone for a potluck. I made lasagna on
Saturday. I did the sauce in the morning and used passata, not bottled
premade sauce. Four of us had it for supper and the rest was portioned,
wrapped and frozen. The only thing you are right about it that it is not
worth making only a couple portions of lasagna. Soups and stews can also
me made in large batches and re-heated later. Mashed potatoes can be
re-cycled on top of Shepherd's Pie. Meatloaf is often better the second
time around.

Cooking large numbers of pork chops and re-heating them????? seriously?
Wow. That will save you all the work of heating up a pan and then
cleaning it after it was used to fry a pork chop for 6 minutes, about
two minutes longer than it takes to heat it. Feel free to have second
hand food, but it is ludicrous to suggest that people who cook their
meals daily do so because they are lazy and hate to cook.

> Enough sauce and saw-seege for two meals plus two
> more meals in the freezer... what harm does reheating do... if
> anything it tastes better after the flavors develop:

http://i68.tinypic.com/10er04p.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 22 May 2017 11:44:24 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>Cooking large numbers of pork chops and re-heating them????? seriously?
>Wow. That will save you all the work of heating up a pan and then
>cleaning it after it was used to fry a pork chop for 6 minutes, about
>two minutes longer than it takes to heat it. Feel free to have second
>hand food

Did you know that bread has been baked before it's sold? Does that
make it second hand?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/22/2017 6:17 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> I'll take the liberty of answering on her behalf:
>
> Because we don't have a kitchen at the office. We cannot make a meal
> just for lunch.

My work only lunches are fresh every day and so easy to prepare each
morning. Always a 10-oz cup of generic V-8 juice. That's all. If I'm not
working, I'll cook a real lunch mid afternoon but just V8 for work.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 22 May 2017 11:44:24 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>>Cooking large numbers of pork chops and re-heating them????? seriously?
>>Wow. That will save you all the work of heating up a pan and then
>>cleaning it after it was used to fry a pork chop for 6 minutes, about
>>two minutes longer than it takes to heat it. Feel free to have second
>>hand food

> Did you know that bread has been baked before it's sold? Does that
> make it second hand?

LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message
news
> On 5/22/2017 6:17 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> I'll take the liberty of answering on her behalf:
>>
>> Because we don't have a kitchen at the office. We cannot make a meal
>> just for lunch.

> My work only lunches are fresh every day and so easy to prepare each
> morning. Always a 10-oz cup of generic V-8 juice. That's all. If I'm not
> working, I'll cook a real lunch mid afternoon but just V8 for work.

V-8 is a trademark, so what is generic V-8 juice? ;-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-05-22 1:49 PM, Gary wrote:
> On 5/22/2017 6:17 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> I'll take the liberty of answering on her behalf:
>>
>> Because we don't have a kitchen at the office. We cannot make a meal
>> just for lunch.

> My work only lunches are fresh every day and so easy to prepare each
> morning. Always a 10-oz cup of generic V-8 juice. That's all. If I'm not
> working, I'll cook a real lunch mid afternoon but just V8 for work.

What??? You cook food every time you eat a meal. You must be lazy and
not like to cook.
;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/22/2017 12:26 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 22 May 2017 11:44:24 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> Cooking large numbers of pork chops and re-heating them????? seriously?
>> Wow. That will save you all the work of heating up a pan and then
>> cleaning it after it was used to fry a pork chop for 6 minutes, about
>> two minutes longer than it takes to heat it. Feel free to have second
>> hand food

> Did you know that bread has been baked before it's sold? Does that
> make it second hand?

HA! Good thought, Bruce. :-D

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/22/2017 2:06 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Gary" wrote:
>> My work only lunches are fresh every day and so easy to prepare each
>> morning. Always a 10-oz cup of generic V-8 juice. That's all. If I'm
>> not working, I'll cook a real lunch mid afternoon but just V8 for work.

> V-8 is a trademark, so what is generic V-8 juice? ;-)

Serious question? If so, it's Essential Everyday 100% vegetable juice.
It's the exact same ingredients as brand name V-8 and tastes exactly the
same. A 640z bottle sells for $1.00 less.

:-D

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message
news
> On 5/22/2017 2:06 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Gary" wrote:
>>> My work only lunches are fresh every day and so easy to prepare each
>>> morning. Always a 10-oz cup of generic V-8 juice. That's all. If I'm
>>> not working, I'll cook a real lunch mid afternoon but just V8 for work.

>> V-8 is a trademark, so what is generic V-8 juice? ;-)

> Serious question? If so, it's Essential Everyday 100% vegetable juice.
> It's the exact same ingredients as brand name V-8 and tastes exactly the
> same. A 640z bottle sells for $1.00 less.
>
> :-D

Well, I did put a wink behind it since there is no such thing as generic
V-8, but on a side note, I watched Animal Cops Houston early this morning
and they rescued 3 ferrets that had been left in the cold without food or
water for several days, it reminded me of Mia and the good life she had.
They were adopted out to a good home, though one did die, the other two
seemed to be doing well. I learned a lot about ferrets metabolism and how
much food they need etc.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message
> news
> > On 5/22/2017 6:17 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >> I'll take the liberty of answering on her behalf:
> >>
> >> Because we don't have a kitchen at the office. We cannot make a meal
> >> just for lunch.

> > My work only lunches are fresh every day and so easy to prepare each
> > morning. Always a 10-oz cup of generic V-8 juice. That's all. If I'm not
> > working, I'll cook a real lunch mid afternoon but just V8 for work.

> V-8 is a trademark, so what is generic V-8 juice? ;-)

"vegetable juice"

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/22/2017 1:49 PM, Gary wrote:
> On 5/22/2017 6:17 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> I'll take the liberty of answering on her behalf:
>>
>> Because we don't have a kitchen at the office. We cannot make a meal
>> just for lunch.

> My work only lunches are fresh every day and so easy to prepare each
> morning. Always a 10-oz cup of generic V-8 juice. That's all. If I'm not
> working, I'll cook a real lunch mid afternoon but just V8 for work.

You tend to make fun of the small quantities I eat, yet you subsist on
only 10 oz. of vegetable juice for lunch?!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 22 May 2017 13:39:48 -0700 (PDT), "The Greatest!"
> wrote:

>Cheri wrote:
>
>> "Gary" > wrote in message
>> news

>> > My work only lunches are fresh every day and so easy to prepare each
>> > morning. Always a 10-oz cup of generic V-8 juice. That's all. If I'm not
>> > working, I'll cook a real lunch mid afternoon but just V8 for work.

>> V-8 is a trademark, so what is generic V-8 juice? ;-)

>"vegetable juice"

I'm pretty sure Walmart has there own brand of Vegetable Juice
Cocktail. I think most large food chains do.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Val...64-oz/13023470