Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fast Food You Should Disdain...

Fast Food Workers Reveal What You Shouldn't Order At These Popular Restaurants

http://www.oola.com/restaurants/1542...r-restaurants/

1. Taco Bell Steak and Beans: I used to work at Taco Bell for a few years. Stay away from items containing beans or steak. The beans are made from a rehydrated mix of ingredients and when the steak sits too long then it starts to take on the consistency of hair gel...

2. Wendy's baked potatoes and chili: There have been some changes to the menu in the last 4 years, but I would order anything from Wendy's except for the baked potatoes. Only because they're hit and miss. You never know how fresh the potato will be. Also don't order the chili. It's made from hamburger meat from the grill that has not been used. The meat gets collected in a container until there is enough to make a batch of chili ...

3. The Starbucks "Secret Menu": Former Starbucks worker here. Please don't order anything off the 'Secret Menu.' It doesn't exist. If you want a snickerdoodle, nuttella, or captain crunch frappuchino (or whatever other overly sugery thing someone has since come out with), know the base drink and the modifications, and order that. If you just say the name, it's up to the barista to come up with what's in the drink€¦

4. KFC: I worked at KFC for about 4 years. The BBQ sandwich is actually made from chicken too old and stale to give to the homeless shelters, so they soak it in BBQ sauce until it can be pulled and then they keep it on the heater for a month...

5. McDonalds McCafe: I work for McDonald's and make sure everyone that matters to me never orders anything that comes out of the "McCafe" machine as these are routinely neglected, in practically all the McDonalds. All McCafe beverages run through a horrifically dirty machine (we're talking 5 plus inches of uncleaned, liquid bullshit making up its inside parts) and the smoothies have glass cleaner in them€¦

6. Panera: I used to work at Panera. Don't order the pasta; it's all microwaved (this includes mac and cheese). Don't order smoothies or frozen drinks either; they all use this nasty base crap that smells and it's sticky. Cupcakes and coffee cakes all come frozen. Soups are all pre-made and frozen too. Best items are the real sandwiches, paninis and salads. They use real ingredients and are usually fresh €¦

7. Subway seafood: I worked at Subway from 2010-12. Only thing I have to say is that the packaged tuna and seafood used to have a label on it that said it didn't contain dolphin or turtles in the meat, then that label suddenly disappeared in 2012...

8. McDonalds chicken nuggets: I used to work at McDonalds. If you order, especially chicken nuggets, just ask for them fresh. Otherwise they've been just sitting in their container in the heat. They have a timer, but 9/10 times when that timer goes off, people just reset the timer instead of making new ones€¦

9. Sonic: Used to work at Sonic. It's actually a really clean place--ice machine cleaned daily, oil replaced daily. Our burgers seem to be good quality, we grill them and put them in bins, if they've been sitting for like 30 mins we just threw them out. The chicken on the other hand, well, first of all it isn't real chicken; and it sits for much longer b/c of lack of orders and lack of stocked up chicken€¦

10. People allergic to fruit, beware of Jack In The Box: If you're allergic to fruit, don't order the milkshakes at Jack In The Box. We do not clean the mixer very well, and it's used for smoothies and milkshakes. Like, we're TOLD to just half ass it. The training video specifically tells us not to bother cleaning too much...

11. Olive Garden: Don't order the complementary salad at Olive Garden. It's the only thing in our restaurant that comes 95% pre-made, with the exception being the tomatoes, which are cut at 8:30am-9am and are expected to last all day. Everything is technically 'refrigerated' but the fridge is always left open, since we go through salad so fast€¦

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 May 2017 08:06:30 -0700 (PDT), "The Greatest!"
> [...]

>10. People allergic to fruit, beware of Jack In The Box: If you're allergic to fruit, don't order the milkshakes at Jack In The Box. We do not clean the mixer very well, and it's used for smoothies and milkshakes. Like, we're TOLD to just half ass it. The training video specifically tells us not to bother cleaning too much...
>
>11. Olive Garden: Don't order the complementary salad at Olive Garden. It's the only thing in our restaurant that comes 95% pre-made, with the exception being the tomatoes, which are cut at 8:30am-9am and are expected to last all day. Everything is technically 'refrigerated' but the fridge is always left open, since we go through salad so fast…

Good thing no one mentions Jack In The Box tacos. Don't ruin for me
please.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 10:06:37 AM UTC-5, The Greatest! wrote:
> [...]
>
> 10. People allergic to fruit, beware of Jack In The Box: If you're allergic to fruit, don't order the milkshakes at Jack In The Box. We do not clean the mixer very well, and it's used for smoothies and milkshakes. Like, we're TOLD to just half ass it. The training video specifically tells us not to bother cleaning too much...
>
> 11. Olive Garden: Don't order the complementary salad at Olive Garden. It's the only thing in our restaurant that comes 95% pre-made, with the exception being the tomatoes, which are cut at 8:30am-9am and are expected to last all day. Everything is technically 'refrigerated' but the fridge is always left open, since we go through salad so fast€¦

Pretty disgusting! Glad I never eat CrapFood!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I don't believe a single person worked at all these places. Or is it a compilation
of individual workers' advice?

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oops, question answered in OP. My bad.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-05-11 1:18 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
> I don't believe a single person worked at all these places. Or is it a compilation
> of individual workers' advice?

Or is it one person who worked at every minimum wage paying franchise
around and could not even keep his job with them?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> 2. Wendy's baked potatoes and chili: There have been some changes to the menu in the last 4 years, but I would order anything from Wendy's except for the baked potatoes. Only because they're hit and miss. You never know how fresh the potato will be. Also don't order the chili. It's made from hamburger meat from the grill that has not been used. The meat gets collected in a container until there is enough to make a batch of chili ...

I worked for Wendy's when I was a teen. Whenever a burger broke up during cooking, we had to put it in the chili pile and there was no telling how long it would sit before it went into chili. However, if the meat is fresh, their chili is quite good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 4:10:18 AM UTC-10, Michael OConnor wrote:
> > 2. Wendy's baked potatoes and chili: There have been some changes to the menu in the last 4 years, but I would order anything from Wendy's except for the baked potatoes. Only because they're hit and miss. You never know how fresh the potato will be. Also don't order the chili. It's made from hamburger meat from the grill that has not been used. The meat gets collected in a container until there is enough to make a batch of chili ...

> I worked for Wendy's when I was a teen. Whenever a burger broke up during cooking, we had to put it in the chili pile and there was no telling how long it would sit before it went into chili. However, if the meat is fresh, their chili is quite good.

I like the baked potato and chili at Wendy's. I order those because I rarely get a chance to eat baked potatoes and the chili is just plain tasty. It's nothing like real chili. Tastes like it's made with tomato paste, dehydrated onion, garlic powder, hamburger, cumin, and sugar. It's fairly obvious that it's made with old burger patties - I don't mind.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

>I like the baked potato and chili at Wendy's. I order those because I rarely get a chance to eat baked potatoes

What's so rare about baked potatoes?!?!?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 8:14:03 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> >
> >I like the baked potato and chili at Wendy's. I order those because I rarely get a chance to eat baked potatoes

> What's so rare about baked potatoes?!?!?

Nutting - on the mainland.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 May 2017 11:36:26 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 8:14:03 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:
>> >
>> >I like the baked potato and chili at Wendy's. I order those because I rarely get a chance to eat baked potatoes

>> What's so rare about baked potatoes?!?!?

>Nutting - on the mainland.

Well have a friend mail you a bag of spuds... you can also grow your
own.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 12:09:46 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> On Sat, 13 May 2017 11:36:26 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

> >> What's so rare about baked potatoes?!?!?

> >Nutting - on the mainland.

> Well have a friend mail you a bag of spuds... you can also grow your
> own.

I can get a bag of spuds anywhere on this rock. What I'm not going to do is put the spuds in a hot oven and wait an hour or so until it's done. I hate doing shit like that. I will, however, plunk down $2.50 to have someone roast them for me. As an added bonus, it comes with butter-like material and some kind of sour cream-like paste already on it. Can it get much better than that? I think not. Well, what would be better is if McDonald's made baked potatoes and sold it for $1.99. I ain't, however, holding my breath.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 May 2017 16:53:56 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 12:09:46 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Sat, 13 May 2017 11:36:26 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> wrote:

>> >Nutting - on the mainland.

>> Well have a friend mail you a bag of spuds... you can also grow your
>> own.

>I can get a bag of spuds anywhere on this rock. What I'm not going to do is put the spuds in a hot oven and wait an hour or so until it's done. I hate doing shit like that. I will, however, plunk down $2.50 to have someone roast them for me. As an added bonus, it comes with butter-like material and some kind of sour cream-like paste already on it. Can it get much better than that? I think not. Well, what would be better is if McDonald's made baked potatoes and sold it for $1.99. I ain't, however, holding my breath.

I roast potatoes whenever I roast a hunk of meat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 2:14:44 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> I roast potatoes whenever I roast a hunk of meat.

I'm not really into meat. Beats the heck out of me how yoose guys can eat such massive quantities. I don't roast hunks of meat either. Here's something I got planned on making. First I gotta find a rockfish...

http://gastrolust.com/wp-content/upl...d-chips-ps.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 May 2017 17:31:44 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 2:14:44 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> I roast potatoes whenever I roast a hunk of meat.

>I'm not really into meat. Beats the heck out of me how yoose guys can eat such massive quantities. I don't roast hunks of meat either. Here's something I got planned on making. First I gotta find a rockfish...
>
>http://gastrolust.com/wp-content/upl...d-chips-ps.jpg

Um, fish is meat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 2:14:44 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> I roast potatoes whenever I roast a hunk of meat.

>I'm not really into meat. Beats the heck out of me how yoose guys can eat such massive quantities. I don't roast hunks of meat either. Here's something I got planned on making. First I gotta find a rockfish...
>
>http://gastrolust.com/wp-content/upl...d-chips-ps.jpg

I'd be quite surprised if I ordered fish and chips and got that.
Happily surprised, I guess.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/13/2017 8:31 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 2:14:44 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> I roast potatoes whenever I roast a hunk of meat.

> I'm not really into meat. Beats the heck out of me how yoose guys can eat such massive quantities. I don't roast hunks of meat either. Here's something I got planned on making. First I gotta find a rockfish...
>
> http://gastrolust.com/wp-content/upl...d-chips-ps.jpg

My wife would enjoy it, but I don't want a dead fish on my dinner plate.
I like a nice fillet though or a piece of swordfish.

Many of us were raised on a meat and potatoes cuisine from childhood.
Fish was just for Friday. We never had vegetarian meals though every
meal had a veggie with it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 8:47:29 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Sat, 13 May 2017 20:48:35 -0400, wrote:
>

> >Um, fish is meat.

> If it was meat it wouldn't be called fish.

Chicken is called chicken but it's still meat.
Fish sure ain't a vegetable or a mineral. You
must be catholic.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 2:48:39 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> On Sat, 13 May 2017 17:31:44 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 2:14:44 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> >>
> >> I roast potatoes whenever I roast a hunk of meat.

> >I'm not really into meat. Beats the heck out of me how yoose guys can eat such massive quantities. I don't roast hunks of meat either. Here's something I got planned on making. First I gotta find a rockfish...
> >
> >http://gastrolust.com/wp-content/upl...d-chips-ps.jpg

> Um, fish is meat.

Um, I know that. I never said it wasn't. I'm not getting into a discussion on the meaning of "fish" and "meat." You know what I'm talking about and I know what I'm talking about so get that hideous smug grin off your puss. That's just a kiddie game yoose guys play on this newsgroup. What are you - 12 years old?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 May 2017 20:05:08 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 8:47:29 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 13 May 2017 20:48:35 -0400, wrote:
>>

>> >Um, fish is meat.

>> If it was meat it wouldn't be called fish.
>>

>Chicken is called chicken but it's still meat.
>Fish sure ain't a vegetable or a mineral. You
>must be catholic.

Chicken is a type of meat, just like salmon is a type of fish.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 4:15:21 PM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/13/2017 8:31 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 2:14:44 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> >>
> >> I roast potatoes whenever I roast a hunk of meat.

> > I'm not really into meat. Beats the heck out of me how yoose guys can eat such massive quantities. I don't roast hunks of meat either. Here's something I got planned on making. First I gotta find a rockfish...
> >
> > http://gastrolust.com/wp-content/upl...d-chips-ps.jpg
> >

> My wife would enjoy it, but I don't want a dead fish on my dinner plate.
> I like a nice fillet though or a piece of swordfish.
>
> Many of us were raised on a meat and potatoes cuisine from childhood.
> Fish was just for Friday. We never had vegetarian meals though every
> meal had a veggie with it.

My guess is that cultures that don't have access to large deep sea fish tend to eat whole fish. My mom used to cook whole fish but I never learned to cook the small whole local fishes. Perhaps I'll dabble a little with this old school fish preparation.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 2:14:44 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> I roast potatoes whenever I roast a hunk of meat.

I'm not really into meat. Beats the heck out of me how yoose guys can eat
such massive quantities. I don't roast hunks of meat either. Here's
something I got planned on making. First I gotta find a rockfish...

http://gastrolust.com/wp-content/upl...d-chips-ps.jpg

==

Is it dead?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/14/2017 3:24 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 2:48:39 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Sat, 13 May 2017 17:31:44 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> wrote:

>>> I'm not really into meat. Beats the heck out of me how yoose guys can eat such massive quantities. I don't roast hunks of meat either. Here's something I got planned on making. First I gotta find a rockfish...
>>>
>>> http://gastrolust.com/wp-content/upl...d-chips-ps.jpg

>> Um, fish is meat.

> Um, I know that. I never said it wasn't. I'm not getting into a discussion on the meaning of "fish" and "meat." You know what I'm talking about and I know what I'm talking about so get that hideous smug grin off your puss. That's just a kiddie game yoose guys play on this newsgroup. What are you - 12 years old?

Right. That's getting to the meat of the problem!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 May 2017 20:05:08 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 8:47:29 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 13 May 2017 20:48:35 -0400, wrote:
>>

>> >Um, fish is meat.

>> If it was meat it wouldn't be called fish.
>>

>Chicken is called chicken but it's still meat.
>Fish sure ain't a vegetable or a mineral. You
>must be catholic.

Actually NO IQ Brewcie is dumber than a turnip.... I'm absolutely
positive that rutabaga never went past 3rd grade.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 May 2017 00:24:18 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 2:48:39 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Sat, 13 May 2017 17:31:44 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> wrote:

>> >I'm not really into meat. Beats the heck out of me how yoose guys can eat such massive quantities. I don't roast hunks of meat either. Here's something I got planned on making. First I gotta find a rockfish...
>> >
>> >http://gastrolust.com/wp-content/upl...d-chips-ps.jpg

>> Um, fish is meat.

>Um, I know that. I never said it wasn't. I'm not getting into a discussion on the meaning of "fish" and "meat." You know what I'm talking about and I know what I'm talking about so get that hideous smug grin off your puss. That's just a kiddie game yoose guys play on this newsgroup. What are you - 12 years old?

dumbsi1 is less educated than Brewcie.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/13/2017 10:15 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/13/2017 8:31 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 2:14:44 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>>>
>>> I roast potatoes whenever I roast a hunk of meat.

>> I'm not really into meat. Beats the heck out of me how yoose guys can
>> eat such massive quantities. I don't roast hunks of meat either.
>> Here's something I got planned on making. First I gotta find a
>> rockfish...
>>
>> http://gastrolust.com/wp-content/upl...d-chips-ps.jpg
>>

> My wife would enjoy it, but I don't want a dead fish on my dinner plate.

Having lived in Bangkok, a whole fish staring you in the eye is not
somethng I want to see.

> I like a nice fillet though or a piece of swordfish.

Absolutely! Always filleted. I don't want to pick out pieces of bones.

Cut into "steaks" works for some types of fish. Swordfish steaks are
nice on the grill. I don't have any.

> Many of us were raised on a meat and potatoes cuisine from childhood.

Meat, potatoes and vegetables.

> Fish was just for Friday. We never had vegetarian meals though every
> meal had a veggie with it.

I wasn't brought up with a Fish on Friday rule. But definitely not
"vegetarian".

I cook what I feel like cooking on whatever day it is. Tonight might be
grilled pan seared sea scallops. Not sure what to serve with them. If
anything.

Jill
Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 3:34:28 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/14/2017 3:24 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 2:48:39 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> >> Um, fish is meat.

> > Um, I know that. I never said it wasn't. I'm not getting into a discussion on the meaning of "fish" and "meat." You know what I'm talking about and I know what I'm talking about so get that hideous smug grin off your puss.. That's just a kiddie game yoose guys play on this newsgroup. What are you - 12 years old?
> >

> Right. That's getting to the meat of the problem!

The meat of the problem is that the newsgroups are accessible to people with the emotional maturity of 12 year olds. Usenet used to be the domain of academic, research, and military, institutions. The worst fears of a never ending September has been surpassed many times over. I suppose it is more entertaining but then I always like to look at the bright side of things.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 May 2017 10:15:25 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 3:34:28 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>> > Um, I know that. I never said it wasn't. I'm not getting into a discussion on the meaning of "fish" and "meat." You know what I'm talking about and I know what I'm talking about so get that hideous smug grin off your puss. That's just a kiddie game yoose guys play on this newsgroup. What are you - 12 years old?
>> >

>> Right. That's getting to the meat of the problem!

>The meat of the problem is that the newsgroups are accessible to people with the emotional maturity of 12 year olds. Usenet used to be the domain of academic, research, and military, institutions. The worst fears of a never ending September has been surpassed many times over. I suppose it is more entertaining but then I always like to look at the bright side of things.

Do you realise that rfc people are of above average intelligence? We
communicate in writing, which means our reading skills are far above
the "Walk", "Don't walk" level. We also communicate without the use of
pictures, colours and other flashy stuff.

Basically, we're the elite. How scary is that?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 May 2017 12:15:52 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/13/2017 10:15 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 5/13/2017 8:31 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not really into meat. Beats the heck out of me how yoose guys can
>>> eat such massive quantities. I don't roast hunks of meat either.
>>> Here's something I got planned on making. First I gotta find a
>>> rockfish...
>>>
>>> http://gastrolust.com/wp-content/upl...d-chips-ps.jpg

>> My wife would enjoy it, but I don't want a dead fish on my dinner plate.

>Having lived in Bangkok, a whole fish staring you in the eye is not
>somethng I want to see.

One wonders what Bangkok has to do with it, unless you just wanted to
tell us that you've lived there.

>I cook what I feel like cooking on whatever day it is.

You're such a rebel. You represent an entire counter-culture just by
what you cook.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 10:15:21 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> My wife would enjoy it, but I don't want a dead fish on my dinner plate.

Would you want a live fish on your dinner plate?

> I like a nice fillet though or a piece of swordfish.

Oh, I see. Never mind.

> Many of us were raised on a meat and potatoes cuisine from childhood.
> Fish was just for Friday. We never had vegetarian meals though every
> meal had a veggie with it.

Fish was for Tuesday. Grandma had Tuesdays off work, which gave her
time to go to the fish market.

We occasionally had vegetarian meals, although not (as it were) on
purpose. Macaroni and cheese comes to mind.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 2:39:43 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Sat, 13 May 2017 20:05:08 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>

> >Chicken is called chicken but it's still meat.
> >Fish sure ain't a vegetable or a mineral. You
> >must be catholic.

> Chicken is a type of meat, just like salmon is a type of fish.

Salmon is a type of meat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 May 2017 13:39:40 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 2:39:43 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 13 May 2017 20:05:08 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >Chicken is called chicken but it's still meat.
>> >Fish sure ain't a vegetable or a mineral. You
>> >must be catholic.

>> Chicken is a type of meat, just like salmon is a type of fish.
>>

>Salmon is a type of meat.

Neverthelesas, when I say that I don't eat meat, but do eat fish,
everybody understands me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 8:47:09 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> Actually NO IQ Brewcie is dumber than a turnip.... I'm absolutely
> positive that rutabaga never went past 3rd grade.

I shouldn't, I know I shouldn't, really I shouldn't but.....
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 10:07:38 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> Do you realise that rfc people are of above average intelligence? We
> communicate in writing, which means our reading skills are far above
> the "Walk", "Don't walk" level. We also communicate without the use of
> pictures, colours and other flashy stuff.
>
> Basically, we're the elite. How scary is that?

Without some emotional maturity to control it, above average intelligence don't mean shit. What you're left with is a newsgroup filled with bickering, bullying, baiting, and bitching. It's the elite alright - the eternal September elite. It ain't scary, it's sad.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 3:42:00 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> Neverthelesas, when I say that I don't eat meat, but do eat fish,
> everybody understands me.

You're not a vegetarian, you just don't want to eat the
flesh of mammals. Leaves more for meeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 14 May 2017 13:46:35 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 3:42:00 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Neverthelesas, when I say that I don't eat meat, but do eat fish,
>> everybody understands me.
>>

>You're not a vegetarian, you just don't want to eat the
>flesh of mammals. Leaves more for meeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

lol.

By the way, I've never called myself a vegetarian.