Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fast Food You Should Disdain...

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 5:35:32 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> thanks for your reply. What is the liquid portion of your casserole?
> Janet US

Sit down. Back to the chair and feet flat on the floor? My
liquid is a can of cream of mushroom soup and a bit over a
1/2 stick of melted butter.

Even though the cheese and soup have salt in them I do add
about a 1/2 teaspoon to the mixture.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2017 7:10 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 15 May 2017 14:50:29 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I knew someone who worked at Wendy's when he was in college. He said
>> pretty much the same thing about the meat in Wendy's chili. He also
>> said if a burger accidentally got dropped on the floor, that also went
>> into the "chili pile".

> Wendy's keep hamburgers on a warming grill until they sell them.
> That's how they make the claim "made fresh to order". Hamburgers that
> wait on the warming grill too long are added to the chilli pile.
>
> Food that gets dropped on the floor does not get reused except in
> extremely isolated incidents by psychologically disturbed people. The
> vast majority of those reports are just urban legends by people who
> like to perpetuate useless drama.
>
> -sw

I have no reason to think the man lied to me. He didn't say "I heard
about a guy who heard from another guy..." He said he witnessed it
himself while he worked there. Whatever. The one time I tried Wendy's
chili I was underwhelmed.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 8:18:19 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:

> I Googled (gotta love it's now a verb) and noted some recipes called for
> cream of chicken soup. Others, cream of mushroom. IIRC I used cream of
> chicken when I made it. I don't recall adding nearly that much butter!
>
> Jill

V-8 smack to my head! It IS cream of chicken and n-o-t cream
of mushroom. Arrrgggghhh, I feel like such a dummy!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 May 2017 17:51:44 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 5:35:32 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>
>> thanks for your reply. What is the liquid portion of your casserole?
>> Janet US
>>

>Sit down. Back to the chair and feet flat on the floor? My
>liquid is a can of cream of mushroom soup and a bit over a
>1/2 stick of melted butter.
>
>Even though the cheese and soup have salt in them I do add
>about a 1/2 teaspoon to the mixture.

1) I was already sitting
2) I already had a can of c of m in the house (shhhh)
Timing -- in oven until everything is bubbly. . .

Tonight My leftover rotisserie chicken will become chicken enchiladas
mostly because I have cilantro that needs to be used and I have no
broccoli. I use sour cream in the chicken enchiladas because I always
have sour cream and I can't imagine doing chicken enchiladas with
cream of mushroom soup no matter what campbells says.
i bought my first can of cream of chicken soup the other week because
that is what the recipe for King Ranch casserole called for. I wanted
to try the casserole because it is apparently the "hot dish" of Texas.
I won't make that again. We didn't care for it.
Thanks for the tips Joan
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 10:12:00 AM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> Thanks for the tips Joan
> Janet US

You're welcome and let us know how you like the broccoli
and rice casserole whether it's a hit or miss.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Mon, 15 May 2017 14:50:29 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
> > On 5/12/2017 10:10 AM, Michael OConnor wrote:
> > >
> >> I worked for Wendy's when I was a teen. Whenever a burger broke up
> >> during cooking, we had to put it in the chili pile and there was
> >> no telling how long it would sit before it went into chili.
> >> However, if the meat is fresh, their chili is quite good.
> >>

> > I knew someone who worked at Wendy's when he was in college. He
> > said pretty much the same thing about the meat in Wendy's chili.
> > He also said if a burger accidentally got dropped on the floor,
> > that also went into the "chili pile".

> Wendy's keep hamburgers on a warming grill until they sell them.
> That's how they make the claim "made fresh to order". Hamburgers that
> wait on the warming grill too long are added to the chilli pile.
>
> Food that gets dropped on the floor does not get reused except in
> extremely isolated incidents by psychologically disturbed people. The
> vast majority of those reports are just urban legends by people who
> like to perpetuate useless drama.
>
> -sw

Correct Steve. They do not use meat dropped on the floor unless an
abberant employee does it, and the FIRE that employee immediately if so.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/16/2017 9:04 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> I knew someone who worked at Wendy's when he was in college. He
>>> said pretty much the same thing about the meat in Wendy's chili.
>>> He also said if a burger accidentally got dropped on the floor,
>>> that also went into the "chili pile".

>> Wendy's keep hamburgers on a warming grill until they sell them.
>> That's how they make the claim "made fresh to order". Hamburgers that
>> wait on the warming grill too long are added to the chilli pile.
>>
>> Food that gets dropped on the floor does not get reused except in
>> extremely isolated incidents by psychologically disturbed people. The
>> vast majority of those reports are just urban legends by people who
>> like to perpetuate useless drama.
>>
>> -sw

> Correct Steve. They do not use meat dropped on the floor unless an
> abberant employee does it, and the FIRE that employee immediately if so.

Okay, so you both claim the man I knew was lying. I don't know any
reason why he would do so. This would have been around 1993 when the
only internet urban legend I recall had to do with a Neiman Marcus
chocolate chip cookie recipe. The man I knew had no reason to lie about
what he saw happen when he worked at Wendy's.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 May 2017 20:04:16 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> On Mon, 15 May 2017 14:50:29 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> > I knew someone who worked at Wendy's when he was in college. He
>> > said pretty much the same thing about the meat in Wendy's chili.
>> > He also said if a burger accidentally got dropped on the floor,
>> > that also went into the "chili pile".

>> Wendy's keep hamburgers on a warming grill until they sell them.
>> That's how they make the claim "made fresh to order". Hamburgers that
>> wait on the warming grill too long are added to the chilli pile.
>>
>> Food that gets dropped on the floor does not get reused except in
>> extremely isolated incidents by psychologically disturbed people. The
>> vast majority of those reports are just urban legends by people who
>> like to perpetuate useless drama.
>>
>> -sw

>Correct Steve. They do not use meat dropped on the floor unless an
>abberant employee does it, and the FIRE that employee immediately if so.

Without a hidden camera we can only guess and hope.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 May 2017 21:36:35 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Tue, 16 May 2017 21:25:22 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Okay, so you both claim the man I knew was lying. I don't know any
>> reason why he would do so. This would have been around 1993 when the
>> only internet urban legend I recall had to do with a Neiman Marcus
>> chocolate chip cookie recipe. The man I knew had no reason to lie about
>> what he saw happen when he worked at Wendy's.

>Just like gossip that gets all stretched out of proportion, people get
>their jollies by spreading rumors like this. It makes them feel
>important and useful. 99% of the stories are bullshit.

But the big question always is... Is this the 1%?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 May 2017 21:29:46 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Tue, 16 May 2017 09:51:12 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> On 5/15/2017 7:10 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> Wendy's keep hamburgers on a warming grill until they sell them.
>>> That's how they make the claim "made fresh to order". Hamburgers that
>>> wait on the warming grill too long are added to the chilli pile.
>>>
>>> Food that gets dropped on the floor does not get reused except in
>>> extremely isolated incidents by psychologically disturbed people. The
>>> vast majority of those reports are just urban legends by people who
>>> like to perpetuate useless drama.
>>>

>> I have no reason to think the man lied to me. He didn't say "I heard
>> about a guy who heard from another guy..." He said he witnessed it
>> himself while he worked there. Whatever. The one time I tried Wendy's
>> chili I was underwhelmed.

>I can't even begin to count the number of times I've seen fast food
>workers drop food on the floor and then put it back into use. Heck,
>you can see right into the kitchens of practically every fast food
>place. It's no wonder there are thousands of social media reports and
>pictures of this unsanitary practice every day. After all, each
>dropped hamburger comes out the employee's paycheck.
>
>-sw

I think you are fulla dwarf shit... it'd be extremely rare for a
flipped burger to end up on the floor. I'm sure those very few go
into the trash. When was he last time any of yoose flipped a burger
that ended up on the foor... I never have... meet the butterfingers
LYING dwarf.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message news
On 5/16/2017 9:04 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> I knew someone who worked at Wendy's when he was in college. He
>>> said pretty much the same thing about the meat in Wendy's chili.
>>> He also said if a burger accidentally got dropped on the floor,
>>> that also went into the "chili pile".

>> Wendy's keep hamburgers on a warming grill until they sell them.
>> That's how they make the claim "made fresh to order". Hamburgers that
>> wait on the warming grill too long are added to the chilli pile.
>>
>> Food that gets dropped on the floor does not get reused except in
>> extremely isolated incidents by psychologically disturbed people. The
>> vast majority of those reports are just urban legends by people who
>> like to perpetuate useless drama.
>>
>> -sw

> Correct Steve. They do not use meat dropped on the floor unless an
> abberant employee does it, and the FIRE that employee immediately if so.

Okay, so you both claim the man I knew was lying. I don't know any
reason why he would do so. This would have been around 1993 when the
only internet urban legend I recall had to do with a Neiman Marcus
chocolate chip cookie recipe. The man I knew had no reason to lie about
what he saw happen when he worked at Wendy's.

Jill

==

So, ask yourself who you believe ... your friend or ..... ;-)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, says...

> On 5/16/2017 9:04 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > Sqwertz wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> >> Wendy's keep hamburgers on a warming grill until they sell them.
> >> That's how they make the claim "made fresh to order". Hamburgers that
> >> wait on the warming grill too long are added to the chilli pile.
> >>
> >> Food that gets dropped on the floor does not get reused except in
> >> extremely isolated incidents by psychologically disturbed people. The
> >> vast majority of those reports are just urban legends by people who
> >> like to perpetuate useless drama.
> >>
> >> -sw

> > Correct Steve. They do not use meat dropped on the floor unless an
> > abberant employee does it, and the FIRE that employee immediately if so.
> >

> Okay, so you both claim the man I knew was lying. I don't know any
> reason why he would do so. This would have been around 1993 when the
> only internet urban legend I recall had to do with a Neiman Marcus
> chocolate chip cookie recipe. The man I knew had no reason to lie about
> what he saw happen when he worked at Wendy's.
>
> Jill

Men spinning tales to women started long before the internet.

There are plenty of low-status idiots who'll make up any old crap to
get attention. As demonstrated daily on usenet:-)

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2017 8:08 AM, Janet wrote:
> In article >, says...

>>> Correct Steve. They do not use meat dropped on the floor unless an
>>> abberant employee does it, and the FIRE that employee immediately if so.
>>>

>> Okay, so you both claim the man I knew was lying. I don't know any
>> reason why he would do so. This would have been around 1993 when the
>> only internet urban legend I recall had to do with a Neiman Marcus
>> chocolate chip cookie recipe. The man I knew had no reason to lie about
>> what he saw happen when he worked at Wendy's.
>>
>> Jill

> Men spinning tales to women started long before the internet.
>
> There are plenty of low-status idiots who'll make up any old crap to
> get attention. As demonstrated daily on usenet:-)
>
> Janet UK

Yeah, except I knew both him and his wife and their (then) teenage
daughter. Explain to me why he'd make up such a thing.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 17 May 2017 09:44:04 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/17/2017 8:08 AM, Janet wrote:

>>> Okay, so you both claim the man I knew was lying. I don't know any
>>> reason why he would do so. This would have been around 1993 when the
>>> only internet urban legend I recall had to do with a Neiman Marcus
>>> chocolate chip cookie recipe. The man I knew had no reason to lie about
>>> what he saw happen when he worked at Wendy's.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Men spinning tales to women started long before the internet.
>>
>> There are plenty of low-status idiots who'll make up any old crap to
>> get attention. As demonstrated daily on usenet:-)
>>
>> Janet UK
>>

>Yeah, except I knew both him and his wife and their (then) teenage
>daughter. Explain to me why he'd make up such a thing.
>
>Jill

Same reason fishermen tell tales, to massage their egos.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message news
On 5/17/2017 8:08 AM, Janet wrote:
> In article >, says...

>>> Correct Steve. They do not use meat dropped on the floor unless an
>>> abberant employee does it, and the FIRE that employee immediately if so.
>>>

>> Okay, so you both claim the man I knew was lying. I don't know any
>> reason why he would do so. This would have been around 1993 when the
>> only internet urban legend I recall had to do with a Neiman Marcus
>> chocolate chip cookie recipe. The man I knew had no reason to lie about
>> what he saw happen when he worked at Wendy's.
>>
>> Jill

> Men spinning tales to women started long before the internet.
>
> There are plenty of low-status idiots who'll make up any old crap to
> get attention. As demonstrated daily on usenet:-)
>
> Janet UK

Yeah, except I knew both him and his wife and their (then) teenage
daughter. Explain to me why he'd make up such a thing.

Jill

==

<g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 5/17/2017 8:08 AM, Janet wrote:

>>> Okay, so you both claim the man I knew was lying. I don't know any
>>> reason why he would do so. This would have been around 1993 when the
>>> only internet urban legend I recall had to do with a Neiman Marcus
>>> chocolate chip cookie recipe. The man I knew had no reason to lie about
>>> what he saw happen when he worked at Wendy's.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Men spinning tales to women started long before the internet.
>>
>> There are plenty of low-status idiots who'll make up any old crap to
>> get attention. As demonstrated daily on usenet:-)
>>
>> Janet UK
>>

>Yeah, except I knew both him and his wife and their (then) teenage
>daughter. Explain to me why he'd make up such a thing.
>
>Jill

Same reason fishermen tell tales, to massage their egos.

===

I am sure Jill would prefer the word of her friend rather than the
argumentative arseholes around here

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2017 1:25 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> wrote in message ...
>
> On Wed, 17 May 2017 09:44:04 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 5/17/2017 8:08 AM, Janet wrote:
>>> In article >, says...

>>> Men spinning tales to women started long before the internet.
>>>
>>> There are plenty of low-status idiots who'll make up any old crap to
>>> get attention. As demonstrated daily on usenet:-)
>>>
>>> Janet UK
>>>

>> Yeah, except I knew both him and his wife and their (then) teenage
>> daughter. Explain to me why he'd make up such a thing.
>>
>> Jill

> Same reason fishermen tell tales, to massage their egos.
>
> ===
>
> I am sure Jill would prefer the word of her friend rather than the
> argumentative arseholes around here

Absolutely! He had no reason to lie to me. Gave me every reason not to
order "chili" from Wendy's (a fast food place).

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, penmart01
@aol.com says...

> >> Men spinning tales to women started long before the internet.
> >>
> >> There are plenty of low-status idiots who'll make up any old crap to
> >> get attention. As demonstrated daily on usenet:-)
> >>
> >> Janet UK
> >>

> >Yeah, except I knew both him and his wife and their (then) teenage
> >daughter. Explain to me why he'd make up such a thing.
> >
> >Jill

> Same reason fishermen tell tales, to massage their egos.

Of course, all married fathers are boyscouts and never ever go
fishing.

Janet UK.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message news
On 5/17/2017 1:25 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> wrote in message ...
>
> On Wed, 17 May 2017 09:44:04 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 5/17/2017 8:08 AM, Janet wrote:
>>> In article >, says...

>>> Men spinning tales to women started long before the internet.
>>>
>>> There are plenty of low-status idiots who'll make up any old crap to
>>> get attention. As demonstrated daily on usenet:-)
>>>
>>> Janet UK
>>>

>> Yeah, except I knew both him and his wife and their (then) teenage
>> daughter. Explain to me why he'd make up such a thing.
>>
>> Jill

> Same reason fishermen tell tales, to massage their egos.
>
> ===
>
> I am sure Jill would prefer the word of her friend rather than the
> argumentative arseholes around here

Absolutely! He had no reason to lie to me. Gave me every reason not to
order "chili" from Wendy's (a fast food place).

Jill

===

You know him!!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2017 1:43 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/17/2017 1:25 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>> wrote in message ...
>>
>> On Wed, 17 May 2017 09:44:04 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> Yeah, except I knew both him and his wife and their (then) teenage
>>> daughter. Explain to me why he'd make up such a thing.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Same reason fishermen tell tales, to massage their egos.
>>
>> ===
>>
>> I am sure Jill would prefer the word of her friend rather than the
>> argumentative arseholes around here
>>

> Absolutely! He had no reason to lie to me. Gave me every reason not to
> order "chili" from Wendy's (a fast food place).

If it is true it's probably just from the one place he worked at.
Franchises are owned by many and quality from one can vastly differ from
another one. Using dropped or old meat is certainly not Wendy's policy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 4:41:26 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> Actually, if you do use the "cream of" canned soups, the equal mix of
> cream of mushroom AND cream of chicken is the best mix, imo.

Not for this recipe unless you want a runny, soupy mess on your
hands.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Tue, 16 May 2017 09:51:12 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
> > On 5/15/2017 7:10 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> >> Wendy's keep hamburgers on a warming grill until they sell them.
> >> That's how they make the claim "made fresh to order". Hamburgers

> that >> wait on the warming grill too long are added to the chilli
> pile.
> > >
> >> Food that gets dropped on the floor does not get reused except in
> >> extremely isolated incidents by psychologically disturbed people.

> The >> vast majority of those reports are just urban legends by
> people who >> like to perpetuate useless drama.
> > >

> > I have no reason to think the man lied to me. He didn't say "I
> > heard about a guy who heard from another guy..." He said he
> > witnessed it himself while he worked there. Whatever. The one
> > time I tried Wendy's chili I was underwhelmed.

> I can't even begin to count the number of times I've seen fast food
> workers drop food on the floor and then put it back into use. Heck,
> you can see right into the kitchens of practically every fast food
> place. It's no wonder there are thousands of social media reports and
> pictures of this unsanitary practice every day. After all, each
> dropped hamburger comes out the employee's paycheck.
>
> -sw

THats complete BULL. THey do not get charged for dropping food and
never have been.

I working in Fast Food from 1975-1983 (college years) and NEVER saw
anyone drop food on the floor and put it back into edible serving food,
other than an unpeeled onion escape, then get peeled (which is ok since
the skin is removed in peeling).

Where the heck do you dream this stuff up as a common practice?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 5/16/2017 9:04 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > Sqwertz wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > > Wendy's keep hamburgers on a warming grill until they sell them.
> > > That's how they make the claim "made fresh to order". Hamburgers
> > > that wait on the warming grill too long are added to the chilli
> > > pile.
> > >
> > > Food that gets dropped on the floor does not get reused except in
> > > extremely isolated incidents by psychologically disturbed people.
> > > The vast majority of those reports are just urban legends by
> > > people who like to perpetuate useless drama.
> > >
> > > -sw

> > Correct Steve. They do not use meat dropped on the floor unless an
> > abberant employee does it, and the FIRE that employee immediately
> > if so.
> >

> Okay, so you both claim the man I knew was lying. I don't know any
> reason why he would do so. This would have been around 1993 when the
> only internet urban legend I recall had to do with a Neiman Marcus
> chocolate chip cookie recipe. The man I knew had no reason to lie
> about what he saw happen when he worked at Wendy's.
>
> Jill

Jill, he lied to you for shock value, that is all.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

itsjoannotjoann wrote:
>Gary wrote:
>>
>> Actually, if you do use the "cream of" canned soups, the equal mix of
>> cream of mushroom AND cream of chicken is the best mix, imo.
>>

>Not for this recipe unless you want a runny, soupy mess on your
>hands.

It's been years since I bought cream-of soups but my favorite was
always cream of celery.
https://www.campbells.com/campbell-s...f-celery-soup/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 5/17/2017 8:08 AM, Janet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > says...

> > > Okay, so you both claim the man I knew was lying. I don't know
> > > any reason why he would do so. This would have been around 1993
> > > when the only internet urban legend I recall had to do with a
> > > Neiman Marcus chocolate chip cookie recipe. The man I knew had
> > > no reason to lie about what he saw happen when he worked at
> > > Wendy's.
> > >
> > > Jill

> > Men spinning tales to women started long before the internet.
> >
> > There are plenty of low-status idiots who'll make up any old crap
> > to get attention. As demonstrated daily on usenet:-)
> >
> > Janet UK
> >

> Yeah, except I knew both him and his wife and their (then) teenage
> daughter. Explain to me why he'd make up such a thing.
>
> Jill

Maybe he was checking to see how gullible you are?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 5/17/2017 1:25 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> > wrote in message ...
> >
> > On Wed, 17 May 2017 09:44:04 -0400, jmcquown >
> > wrote:

> crap to

> > > Yeah, except I knew both him and his wife and their (then) teenage
> > > daughter. Explain to me why he'd make up such a thing.
> > >
> > > Jill

> > Same reason fishermen tell tales, to massage their egos.
> >
> > ===
> >
> > I am sure Jill would prefer the word of her friend rather than the
> > argumentative arseholes around here
> >

> Absolutely! He had no reason to lie to me. Gave me every reason not
> to order "chili" from Wendy's (a fast food place).
>
> Jill

Jil, when even *Sheldon* is telling you it is bull, ya migt want to
note it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2017 9:00 PM, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> On 5/17/2017 1:25 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>> wrote in message ...

>> crap to

>>> Same reason fishermen tell tales, to massage their egos.
>>>
>>> ===
>>>
>>> I am sure Jill would prefer the word of her friend rather than the
>>> argumentative arseholes around here
>>>

>> Absolutely! He had no reason to lie to me. Gave me every reason not
>> to order "chili" from Wendy's (a fast food place).
>>
>> Jill

> Jil, when even *Sheldon* is telling you it is bull, ya migt want to
> note it.

I don't think so, Carol. I didn't hear this as rumor online. I know
this person. I've known him for years. How many times do I have to say
it's not some BS I read on the internet?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2017 8:56 PM, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> Correct Steve. They do not use meat dropped on the floor unless an
>>> abberant employee does it, and the FIRE that employee immediately
>>> if so.
>>>

>> Okay, so you both claim the man I knew was lying. I don't know any
>> reason why he would do so. This would have been around 1993 when the
>> only internet urban legend I recall had to do with a Neiman Marcus
>> chocolate chip cookie recipe. The man I knew had no reason to lie
>> about what he saw happen when he worked at Wendy's.
>>
>> Jill

> Jill, he lied to you for shock value, that is all.

You must be joking. My friends don't generally lie to me, for any
reason. Shock value? No reason whatsoever.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2017 8:59 PM, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> On 5/17/2017 8:08 AM, Janet wrote:
>>> In article >,
>>> says...

>>> Men spinning tales to women started long before the internet.
>>>
>>> There are plenty of low-status idiots who'll make up any old crap
>>> to get attention. As demonstrated daily on usenet:-)
>>>
>>> Janet UK
>>>

>> Yeah, except I knew both him and his wife and their (then) teenage
>> daughter. Explain to me why he'd make up such a thing.
>>
>> Jill

> Maybe he was checking to see how gullible you are?

Why would he need to check to see how gullible I am? I'm not talking
about some online chat friend. I'm talking about someone I've known in
person since the 1990's.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 17 May 2017 22:00:18 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/17/2017 8:56 PM, cshenk wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> Okay, so you both claim the man I knew was lying. I don't know any
>>> reason why he would do so. This would have been around 1993 when the
>>> only internet urban legend I recall had to do with a Neiman Marcus
>>> chocolate chip cookie recipe. The man I knew had no reason to lie
>>> about what he saw happen when he worked at Wendy's.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Jill, he lied to you for shock value, that is all.
>>

>You must be joking. My friends don't generally lie to me, for any
>reason. Shock value? No reason whatsoever.

Why can't it be true? I knew someone who worked in a snackbar and she
said they used to spit into the hot deep-frying fat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 5/17/2017 9:00 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > > crap to

> > > Absolutely! He had no reason to lie to me. Gave me every reason
> > > not to order "chili" from Wendy's (a fast food place).
> > >
> > > Jill

> > Jil, when even Sheldon is telling you it is bull, ya migt want to
> > note it.
> >

> I don't think so, Carol. I didn't hear this as rumor online. I know
> this person. I've known him for years. How many times do I have to
> say it's not some BS I read on the internet?
>
> Jill

Belive what you wil then, but don't be shocked if you are getting some
reaction that your 'friend' was blowing smoke at you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 17 May 2017 21:16:50 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> On 5/17/2017 9:00 PM, cshenk wrote:

>> > Jil, when even Sheldon is telling you it is bull, ya migt want to
>> > note it.
>> >

>> I don't think so, Carol. I didn't hear this as rumor online. I know
>> this person. I've known him for years. How many times do I have to
>> say it's not some BS I read on the internet?
>>
>> Jill

>Belive what you wil then, but don't be shocked if you are getting some
>reaction that your 'friend' was blowing smoke at you.

What psychic powers do you possess to decide over the internet that a)
what the friend said wasn't true and b) that it's not a friend but a
'friend'?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Wed, 17 May 2017 21:16:50 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> On 5/17/2017 9:00 PM, cshenk wrote:

>> > Jil, when even Sheldon is telling you it is bull, ya migt want to
>> > note it.
>> >

>> I don't think so, Carol. I didn't hear this as rumor online. I know
>> this person. I've known him for years. How many times do I have to
>> say it's not some BS I read on the internet?
>>
>> Jill

>Belive what you wil then, but don't be shocked if you are getting some
>reaction that your 'friend' was blowing smoke at you.

What psychic powers do you possess to decide over the internet that a)
what the friend said wasn't true and b) that it's not a friend but a
'friend'?

==

You just beat me to it. Don't you just love how some people 'know'
everything????

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 May 2017 09:17:54 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Wed, 17 May 2017 21:16:50 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
>>jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> I don't think so, Carol. I didn't hear this as rumor online. I know
>>> this person. I've known him for years. How many times do I have to
>>> say it's not some BS I read on the internet?
>>>
>>> Jill

>>Belive what you wil then, but don't be shocked if you are getting some
>>reaction that your 'friend' was blowing smoke at you.

>What psychic powers do you possess to decide over the internet that a)
>what the friend said wasn't true and b) that it's not a friend but a
>'friend'?
>
>==
>
>You just beat me to it. Don't you just love how some people 'know'
>everything????

Yes, some people must have a crystall ball.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 7:56:26 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 4:41:26 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> >
> > Actually, if you do use the "cream of" canned soups, the equal mix of
> > cream of mushroom AND cream of chicken is the best mix, imo.
> >

> Not for this recipe unless you want a runny, soupy mess on your
> hands.

Half a can of each?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 5/17/2017 8:56 PM, cshenk wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> Okay, so you both claim the man I knew was lying. I don't know any
>>> reason why he would do so. This would have been around 1993 when the
>>> only internet urban legend I recall had to do with a Neiman Marcus
>>> chocolate chip cookie recipe. The man I knew had no reason to lie
>>> about what he saw happen when he worked at Wendy's.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Jill, he lied to you for shock value, that is all.
>>

>You must be joking. My friends don't generally lie to me, for any
>reason. Shock value? No reason whatsoever.
>
>Jill

Logically there's no way enough burgers get dropped on the floor in a
year to make a small pot of chili... I'll believe they salvage broken
burgers and when there are too many to sell in a reasonable period of
time as they precook burgers, those I believe go into the chili pot...
thats why burger joints even have a chili pot. I don't believe that
very many burgers hit the floor, I'll believe maybe one a month,
possibly, and then it goes into the trash... that mystery meat
purchased in such high volume costs mere pennies... those are open
kitchens, too many observers. With how those burgers are cooked it's
not really possible for them to fall on the floor, only way is if
someone purposely slams one onto the floor.

Now if you're talking regular restaurant kitchens with closed doors,
then I KNOW all manner of destruction occurs regularly... and the more
high end the more devastation.