FoodBanter.com

-   -   My stove is tilted on purpose (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/441037-my-stove-tilted-purpose.html)

Thomas[_4_] 02-05-2017 10:55 PM

My stove is tilted on purpose

I do not know the degree of tilt but minor. When i cook lets say minute steaks or gb i am able to bring the meat to one side to allow grease separating. Spoon off and all is good. Is this a good practice?

Taxed and Spent 02-05-2017 11:49 PM

On 5/2/2017 2:55 PM, Thomas wrote:
> I do not know the degree of tilt but minor. When i cook lets say minute steaks or gb i am able to bring the meat to one side to allow grease separating. Spoon off and all is good. Is this a good practice?

how do your pancakes come out?

Thomas[_4_] 03-05-2017 12:07 AM

My stove is tilted on purpose

Very slight tilt. Could never notice a pot of soup being off kilter. When i crack an egg it does move to the rear but the second egg stays away from the first.

Thomas[_4_] 03-05-2017 12:10 AM

My stove is tilted on purpose

Pancakes and such like potato pancakes are perfect. Just enough to push ground meat to the close side and after a min or 2 grease is in the away side.

Thomas[_4_] 03-05-2017 12:10 AM

My stove is tilted on purpose

Oh, i only bring this up because i am bored.

[email protected] 03-05-2017 12:59 AM

Thomas wrote:

>I do not know the degree of tilt but minor. When i cook lets say minute steaks
>r gb i am able to bring the meat to one side to allow grease separating. Spoon
>ff and all is good. Is this a good practice?

Okay for top burners but not so good for baking. I just tilt skillets
to let the grease run to one side, works well with caramelized onions.
I like my stove dead plumb... no lopsided
cakes.

[email protected] 03-05-2017 01:23 AM

Taxed and Spent wrote:
>Thomas wrote:
>> I do not know the degree of tilt but minor. When i cook lets say minute steaks or gb
>> am able to bring the meat to one side to allow
>> rease separating. Spoon off and all is good. Is this a good practice?

>how do your pancakes come out?

I did a lot of cooking in rough seas so I know how to deal with
tilting, many tricks. Pancakes are easy, try fried eggs on a griddle
with 40º rolls/pitches. Only saving grace not many wanted to eat
greazy eggs and homefries in rough seas, most just wanted to do dry
heaves while praying to a commode. I guess I was lucky, as a ship's
cook I never got sea sick. The rougher the sea the more I liked it.
I'd snicker at the old salts who couldn't hold down saltines.

Ophelia[_14_] 03-05-2017 06:51 AM

"Thomas" wrote in message

I do not know the degree of tilt but minor. When i cook lets say minute
steaks or gb i am able to bring the meat to one side to allow grease
separating. Spoon off and all is good. Is this a good practice?

==

Mine does that:)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Ophelia[_14_] 03-05-2017 06:52 AM

wrote in message ...

Thomas wrote:

>I do not know the degree of tilt but minor. When i cook lets say minute
>steaks
>r gb i am able to bring the meat to one side to allow grease separating.
>Spoon
>ff and all is good. Is this a good practice?

Okay for top burners but not so good for baking. I just tilt skillets
to let the grease run to one side, works well with caramelized onions.
I like my stove dead plumb... no lopsided
cakes.

====

Or, you could have separate ovens <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

dsi1[_17_] 03-05-2017 06:44 PM

That ****es me off when I pour some oil in a pan and it doesn't flow precisely over the surface! Does anybody's stove flow perfectly?

Janet 03-05-2017 07:29 PM

My stove is tilted on purpose

In article >,
says...

> On Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 11:55:47 AM UTC-10, Thomas wrote:
> > I do not know the degree of tilt but minor. When i cook lets say minute steaks or gb i am able to bring the meat to one side to allow grease separating. Spoon off and all is good. Is this a good practice?

> That ****es me off when I pour some oil in a pan and it doesn't flow precisely over the surface! Does anybody's stove flow perfectly?

Yes. Mine has adjusters underneath to level it, and the installation
instructions remind users to do this.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/65...5.html?page=17

Janet UK

Mark Storkamp 03-05-2017 08:04 PM

Janet > wrote:

> In article >,
> says...
> >
> > On Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 11:55:47 AM UTC-10, Thomas wrote:
> > > I do not know the degree of tilt but minor. When i cook lets say minute
> > > steaks or gb i am able to bring the meat to one side to allow grease
> > > separating. Spoon off and all is good. Is this a good practice?

> > That ****es me off when I pour some oil in a pan and it doesn't flow
> > precisely over the surface! Does anybody's stove flow perfectly?

> Yes. Mine has adjusters underneath to level it, and the installation
> instructions remind users to do this.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/65...5.html?page=17

> Janet UK

I had to choose between the burners being level, or the oven racks. I
chose the oven.

[email protected] 03-05-2017 09:22 PM

My stove is tilted on purpose

On Wed, 3 May 2017 10:44:30 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 11:55:47 AM UTC-10, Thomas wrote:
>> I do not know the degree of tilt but minor. When i cook lets say minute steaks or gb i am able to bring the meat to one side to allow grease separating. Spoon off and all is good. Is this a good practice?

>That ****es me off when I pour some oil in a pan and it doesn't flow precisely over the surface! Does anybody's stove flow perfectly?

My stove is perfectly level... there are leveling screws underneath
plus you can use shims

[email protected] 03-05-2017 09:50 PM

My stove is tilted on purpose

On Wed, 03 May 2017 14:04:00 -0500, Mark Storkamp
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Janet > wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> says...

>> > That ****es me off when I pour some oil in a pan and it doesn't flow
>> > precisely over the surface! Does anybody's stove flow perfectly?

>> Yes. Mine has adjusters underneath to level it, and the installation
>> instructions remind users to do this.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/65...5.html?page=17

>> Janet UK

>I had to choose between the burners being level, or the oven racks. I
>chose the oven.

Huh... if the stove is leveled the burner grates and oven racks are
both automatically level.

Nancy2[_2_] 03-05-2017 11:09 PM

My stove is tilted on purpose

Janet, mine, too...I suspect the OP's floor may have settled a bit and it has made liquids
slightly off. Or the levelers weren't adjusted properly to begin with.

N.

Thomas[_4_] 04-05-2017 01:15 AM

On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 6:09:31 PM UTC-4, Nancy2 wrote:
> Janet, mine, too...I suspect the OP's floor may have settled a bit and it has made liquids
> slightly off. Or the levelers weren't adjusted properly to begin with.
>
> N.

Nope. I levelled it myself and like that bit of off. I just wondered if i was alone. I totally understand the bakers. I pretty much do not bake.

sf[_9_] 06-05-2017 06:34 AM

My stove is tilted on purpose

On Tue, 2 May 2017 16:10:03 -0700 (PDT), Thomas >
wrote:

> Pancakes and such like potato pancakes are perfect. Just enough to push ground meat to the close side and after a min or 2 grease is in the away side.

I keep a griddle over my built in grill, so I just put one edge of the
skillet on it if I want to drain something the way you claim you do.
Tilting the entire stove for that single purpose is just plain weird.