Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My stove is tilted on purpose

I do not know the degree of tilt but minor. When i cook lets say minute steaks or gb i am able to bring the meat to one side to allow grease separating. Spoon off and all is good. Is this a good practice?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/2/2017 2:55 PM, Thomas wrote:
> I do not know the degree of tilt but minor. When i cook lets say minute steaks or gb i am able to bring the meat to one side to allow grease separating. Spoon off and all is good. Is this a good practice?

how do your pancakes come out?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Very slight tilt. Could never notice a pot of soup being off kilter. When i crack an egg it does move to the rear but the second egg stays away from the first.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pancakes and such like potato pancakes are perfect. Just enough to push ground meat to the close side and after a min or 2 grease is in the away side.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh, i only bring this up because i am bored.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thomas wrote:

>I do not know the degree of tilt but minor. When i cook lets say minute steaks
>r gb i am able to bring the meat to one side to allow grease separating. Spoon
>ff and all is good. Is this a good practice?

Okay for top burners but not so good for baking. I just tilt skillets
to let the grease run to one side, works well with caramelized onions.
I like my stove dead plumb... no lopsided
cakes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Taxed and Spent wrote:
>Thomas wrote:
>> I do not know the degree of tilt but minor. When i cook lets say minute steaks or gb
>> am able to bring the meat to one side to allow
>> rease separating. Spoon off and all is good. Is this a good practice?

>how do your pancakes come out?

I did a lot of cooking in rough seas so I know how to deal with
tilting, many tricks. Pancakes are easy, try fried eggs on a griddle
with 40º rolls/pitches. Only saving grace not many wanted to eat
greazy eggs and homefries in rough seas, most just wanted to do dry
heaves while praying to a commode. I guess I was lucky, as a ship's
cook I never got sea sick. The rougher the sea the more I liked it.
I'd snicker at the old salts who couldn't hold down saltines.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Thomas" wrote in message

I do not know the degree of tilt but minor. When i cook lets say minute
steaks or gb i am able to bring the meat to one side to allow grease
separating. Spoon off and all is good. Is this a good practice?

==

Mine does that

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in message ...

Thomas wrote:

>I do not know the degree of tilt but minor. When i cook lets say minute
>steaks
>r gb i am able to bring the meat to one side to allow grease separating.
>Spoon
>ff and all is good. Is this a good practice?

Okay for top burners but not so good for baking. I just tilt skillets
to let the grease run to one side, works well with caramelized onions.
I like my stove dead plumb... no lopsided
cakes.

====

Or, you could have separate ovens <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 11:55:47 AM UTC-10, Thomas wrote:
> I do not know the degree of tilt but minor. When i cook lets say minute steaks or gb i am able to bring the meat to one side to allow grease separating. Spoon off and all is good. Is this a good practice?

That ****es me off when I pour some oil in a pan and it doesn't flow precisely over the surface! Does anybody's stove flow perfectly?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 May 2017 10:44:30 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 11:55:47 AM UTC-10, Thomas wrote:
>> I do not know the degree of tilt but minor. When i cook lets say minute steaks or gb i am able to bring the meat to one side to allow grease separating. Spoon off and all is good. Is this a good practice?

>That ****es me off when I pour some oil in a pan and it doesn't flow precisely over the surface! Does anybody's stove flow perfectly?

My stove is perfectly level... there are leveling screws underneath
plus you can use shims
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet, mine, too...I suspect the OP's floor may have settled a bit and it has made liquids
slightly off. Or the levelers weren't adjusted properly to begin with.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 6:09:31 PM UTC-4, Nancy2 wrote:
> Janet, mine, too...I suspect the OP's floor may have settled a bit and it has made liquids
> slightly off. Or the levelers weren't adjusted properly to begin with.
>
> N.

Nope. I levelled it myself and like that bit of off. I just wondered if i was alone. I totally understand the bakers. I pretty much do not bake.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 May 2017 16:10:03 -0700 (PDT), Thomas >
wrote:

> Pancakes and such like potato pancakes are perfect. Just enough to push ground meat to the close side and after a min or 2 grease is in the away side.

I keep a griddle over my built in grill, so I just put one edge of the
skillet on it if I want to drain something the way you claim you do.
Tilting the entire stove for that single purpose is just plain weird.