Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner tonight 4/29/17

On Mon, 01 May 2017 18:07:39 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

> None of the "sub" shops I've ever eaten in satisfieed me. In Phoenix
> we have Jimmy John's, Quiznos, Port of Subs, Subway, Blimpie, and a
> fair number of indepedent non-chain shops. Either I don't like the
> selection of meats, cheese, rolls, or condiments, or whatever passes
> for the end result.
>
> We have two different family owned and run Italian markets where I
> can find more types of meats and cheesesthat are all top quality and
> imported from Italy. Everything is sliced to order and to the
> requested thinness. I'd much rather take a selection of all the
> ingredienets home with me and make my own.
>
> That's what suits me. :-)

We have Vikings Subs here, love the dressing they put on their
lettuce. Have not been able to reproduce it at home. It's some form
of Italian dressing, but I was never able to do it back when I wanted
to. Now, one sub every 5 years is often. So it's not something I
care about anymore. I like their sandwiches and they do the fries
right.