Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hey Jill.

On 2017-05-01 9:46 AM, Roy wrote:
> On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 5:28:20 AM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 01 May 2017 04:26:49 -0700, sf > wrote:

>>> Read what I said again.

>> You can't even get decent brie in SF?

> There are "cheese snobs" everywhere. What sets them apart from us common folk
> is their refined taste in cheese. If you think wine snobs are bad, there is
> nothing like a cheese snob. They are special.

I don't think it is snobbish to occasionally treat myself to a piece of
Balderson's 5yr old cheddar instead of the waxy-plasticy supermarket "old".
However, there's no way I would use the former in a cheese-melt.
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 May 2017 08:46:18 -0700 (PDT), Roy >
wrote:

>On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 5:28:20 AM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 01 May 2017 04:26:49 -0700, sf > wrote:

>> >Read what I said again.

>> You can't even get decent brie in SF?

>There are "cheese snobs" everywhere. What sets them apart from us common folk
>is their refined taste in cheese. If you think wine snobs are bad, there is
>nothing like a cheese snob. They are special.

Maybe she can only find good cheese if she travels to the foothills of
the Andes, spends the night in a trekker hut and milks the Peruvian
cow herself.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 May 2017 11:50:23 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Mon, 1 May 2017 08:46:18 -0700 (PDT), Roy >
>wrote:

>>> You can't even get decent brie in SF?

>>There are "cheese snobs" everywhere. What sets them apart from us common folk
>>is their refined taste in cheese. If you think wine snobs are bad, there is
>>nothing like a cheese snob. They are special.
>>

>There is nothing like the taste of good cheese. I often ask for a
>special one or something from a special cheese house for a Christmas
>present. A friend stops at a dairy in Oregon and gifts me a wheel of
>super duper white cheddar a couple of times a year. I use Tillamook
>and so forth for regular cooking and I don't care because it works. I
>don't consider myself a snob because you may eat whatever you prefer.

There you go: good cheese from your own country. No Swiss snobbery, no
importing of unique "can't get that here" cheeses.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 May 2017 10:44:44 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2017-05-01 5:50 AM, Bruce wrote:
>
>> Just get American equivalents of those cheeses. As long as it tastes
>> good, who cares if you do the exact same thing as mountain folk on the
>> other side of the planet?
>>

>The American equivalents may not be equivalent. I have had Canadian
>made Parmesan and it is similar to the real thing, but it isn't. Most
>factory made mozzarela is quite different from the good stuff. It is
>using the quality ingredients that makes fondue good.

Of course there are good Canadian cheeses to make fondue with. You
have experienced cheese makers, you have cows and you have grass.
Voilą!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 9:20:29 AM UTC-10, graham wrote:
> I don't think it is snobbish to occasionally treat myself to a piece of
> Balderson's 5yr old cheddar instead of the waxy-plasticy supermarket "old".
> However, there's no way I would use the former in a cheese-melt.
> Graham

There's nothing snobbish about eating cheese. However, if you think that your cheese preferences makes you better than regular Joes, you could be a snob. Being a snob makes you a person of low moral character. Pride is the first of the seven deadly sins and you could land up in hell for eternity being forced to eat sardines dipped in Cheez Whiz - unless, of course, you happen to like sardines dipped in Cheez Whiz.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 May 2017 13:59:42 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 9:20:29 AM UTC-10, graham wrote:
>> I don't think it is snobbish to occasionally treat myself to a piece of
>> Balderson's 5yr old cheddar instead of the waxy-plasticy supermarket "old".
>> However, there's no way I would use the former in a cheese-melt.
>> Graham

>There's nothing snobbish about eating cheese. However, if you think that your cheese preferences makes you better than regular Joes, you could be a snob. Being a snob makes you a person of low moral character. Pride is the first of the seven deadly sins and you could land up in hell for eternity being forced to eat sardines dipped in Cheez Whiz - unless, of course, you happen to like sardines dipped in Cheez Whiz.

You're not casting the first stone, are you?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-05-01 2:59 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 9:20:29 AM UTC-10, graham wrote:
>> I don't think it is snobbish to occasionally treat myself to a piece of
>> Balderson's 5yr old cheddar instead of the waxy-plasticy supermarket "old".
>> However, there's no way I would use the former in a cheese-melt.
>> Graham

> There's nothing snobbish about eating cheese. However, if you think that your cheese preferences makes you better than regular Joes, you could be a snob. Being a snob makes you a person of low moral character. Pride is the first of the seven deadly sins and you could land up in hell for eternity being forced to eat sardines dipped in Cheez Whiz - unless, of course, you happen to like sardines dipped in Cheez Whiz.

There's also inverse snobbery which is loathsome.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 11:43:47 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 1 May 2017 13:59:42 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi1ahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 9:20:29 AM UTC-10, graham wrote:
> >> I don't think it is snobbish to occasionally treat myself to a piece of
> >> Balderson's 5yr old cheddar instead of the waxy-plasticy supermarket "old".
> >> However, there's no way I would use the former in a cheese-melt.
> >> Graham

> >There's nothing snobbish about eating cheese. However, if you think that your cheese preferences makes you better than regular Joes, you could be a snob. Being a snob makes you a person of low moral character. Pride is the first of the seven deadly sins and you could land up in hell for eternity being forced to eat sardines dipped in Cheez Whiz - unless, of course, you happen to like sardines dipped in Cheez Whiz.

> You're not casting the first stone, are you?

If I am, I'm chucking it at nobody in particular. Do you see me aiming at anybody? Should I be throwing it at a poster? Let me know who that person is and I'll pray for Jesus to smite/smote him with magic thunderbolts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 May 2017 15:04:30 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 11:43:47 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 May 2017 13:59:42 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi1ahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>> >There's nothing snobbish about eating cheese. However, if you think that your cheese preferences makes you better than regular Joes, you could be a snob. Being a snob makes you a person of low moral character. Pride is the first of the seven deadly sins and you could land up in hell for eternity being forced to eat sardines dipped in Cheez Whiz - unless, of course, you happen to like sardines dipped in Cheez Whiz.

>> You're not casting the first stone, are you?

>If I am, I'm chucking it at nobody in particular. Do you see me aiming at anybody? Should I be throwing it at a poster? Let me know who that person is and I'll pray for Jesus to smite/smote him with magic thunderbolts.

I'm not sure but I thought I saw graham duck.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 11:48:47 AM UTC-10, graham wrote:
> On 2017-05-01 2:59 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 9:20:29 AM UTC-10, graham wrote:
> >> I don't think it is snobbish to occasionally treat myself to a piece of
> >> Balderson's 5yr old cheddar instead of the waxy-plasticy supermarket "old".
> >> However, there's no way I would use the former in a cheese-melt.
> >> Graham

> > There's nothing snobbish about eating cheese. However, if you think that your cheese preferences makes you better than regular Joes, you could be a snob. Being a snob makes you a person of low moral character. Pride is the first of the seven deadly sins and you could land up in hell for eternity being forced to eat sardines dipped in Cheez Whiz - unless, of course, you happen to like sardines dipped in Cheez Whiz.
> >

> There's also inverse snobbery which is loathsome.

Regular snobs are a dime a dozen. The inverse snob OTOH, now that sounds interesting!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 May 2017 15:48:44 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2017-05-01 2:59 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 9:20:29 AM UTC-10, graham wrote:
>>> I don't think it is snobbish to occasionally treat myself to a piece of
>>> Balderson's 5yr old cheddar instead of the waxy-plasticy supermarket "old".
>>> However, there's no way I would use the former in a cheese-melt.
>>> Graham

>> There's nothing snobbish about eating cheese. However, if you think that your cheese preferences makes you better than regular Joes, you could be a snob. Being a snob makes you a person of low moral character. Pride is the first of the seven deadly sins and you could land up in hell for eternity being forced to eat sardines dipped in Cheez Whiz - unless, of course, you happen to like sardines dipped in Cheez Whiz.
>>

>There's also inverse snobbery which is loathsome.

Idolising everything plebby? Wallowing in mediocrity? Rejecting all
refinement?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 12:09:25 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 1 May 2017 15:04:30 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsyahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 11:43:47 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> >> You're not casting the first stone, are you?

> >If I am, I'm chucking it at nobody in particular. Do you see me aiming at anybody? Should I be throwing it at a poster? Let me know who that person is and I'll pray for Jesus to smite/smote him with magic thunderbolts.

> I'm not sure but I thought I saw graham duck.

My comments were not directed towards him. The truth is that I'm not paying that much attention to this thread nor am I keeping score.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 May 2017 15:14:08 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 12:09:25 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 May 2017 15:04:30 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsyahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>> >If I am, I'm chucking it at nobody in particular. Do you see me aiming at anybody? Should I be throwing it at a poster? Let me know who that person is and I'll pray for Jesus to smite/smote him with magic thunderbolts.

>> I'm not sure but I thought I saw graham duck.

>My comments were not directed towards him. The truth is that I'm not paying that much attention to this thread nor am I keeping score.

You're such a superior being.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 May 2017 15:09:45 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 11:48:47 AM UTC-10, graham wrote:
>> >
>> > There's nothing snobbish about eating cheese. However, if you think that your cheese preferences makes you better than regular Joes, you could be a snob. Being a snob makes you a person of low moral character. Pride is the first of the seven deadly sins and you could land up in hell for eternity being forced to eat sardines dipped in Cheez Whiz - unless, of course, you happen to like sardines dipped in Cheez Whiz.
>> >

>> There's also inverse snobbery which is loathsome.

>Regular snobs are a dime a dozen. The inverse snob OTOH, now that sounds interesting!

The opposite is common too. Glorifying average Joe-ness. Or average
Hawaiianess. It's still snobbery.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 12:16:44 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 1 May 2017 15:14:08 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi1yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 12:09:25 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> >> I'm not sure but I thought I saw graham duck.

> >My comments were not directed towards him. The truth is that I'm not paying that much attention to this thread nor am I keeping score.

> You're such a superior being.

I'm glad you're finally coming to that realization.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 12:18:54 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 1 May 2017 15:09:45 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi1ahoo.com>
> wrote:

> >> There's also inverse snobbery which is loathsome.

> >Regular snobs are a dime a dozen. The inverse snob OTOH, now that sounds interesting!

> The opposite is common too. Glorifying average Joe-ness. Or average
> Hawaiianess. It's still snobbery.

That's the Hawaiians for you. It's a state that is made of former peons and plantation workers and we don't like folks that think they're better than other people. So sue me. Ha ha.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 May 2017 15:34:51 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 12:18:54 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 May 2017 15:09:45 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi1ahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>> >Regular snobs are a dime a dozen. The inverse snob OTOH, now that sounds interesting!

>> The opposite is common too. Glorifying average Joe-ness. Or average
>> Hawaiianess. It's still snobbery.

>That's the Hawaiians for you. It's a state that is made of former peons and plantation workers and we don't like folks that think they're better than other people. So sue me. Ha ha.

Whoosh.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 12:57:27 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 1 May 2017 15:34:51 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dyahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 12:18:54 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> >> The opposite is common too. Glorifying average Joe-ness. Or average
> >> Hawaiianess. It's still snobbery.

> >That's the Hawaiians for you. It's a state that is made of former peons and plantation workers and we don't like folks that think they're better than other people. So sue me. Ha ha.

> Whoosh.

You're oh so superior, ain't you?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 May 2017 16:05:29 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 12:57:27 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 May 2017 15:34:51 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dyahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>> >That's the Hawaiians for you. It's a state that is made of former peons and plantation workers and we don't like folks that think they're better than other people. So sue me. Ha ha.

>> Whoosh.

>You're oh so superior, ain't you?

Just because you didn't get what I was saying? Nah
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/1/2017 5:40 AM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 20:16:11 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>> Convenient for sure, but I wonder how it compares with buying top
>> quality cheese and doing your own.

> What if you're in an area where that's not possible? What if you
> invite friends over on the spur of the moment and decide you want
> fondue? Heat and eat.

If you live in an area that does not have good cheese, they probably
don't carry the kits either.

To have it on the spur of the moment, you have to have good bread on and
to dip too.

If you like them, go for it. Never tried one so I have no idea how good
or bad they are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 2:03:10 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> Just because you didn't get what I was saying? Nah

I understood exactly what you were implying. You ain't that deep or clever. Did you understand with I was saying?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 May 2017 18:18:42 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 2:03:10 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Just because you didn't get what I was saying? Nah

>I understood exactly what you were implying. You ain't that deep or clever. Did you understand with I was saying?

You're into tit for tat, aren't you?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 3:40:35 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 1 May 2017 18:18:42 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi1yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 2:03:10 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> >>
> >> Just because you didn't get what I was saying? Nah

> >I understood exactly what you were implying. You ain't that deep or clever. Did you understand with I was saying?

> You're into tit for tat, aren't you?

That's not true at all. I'm going to end this biggest dick contest because I don't have time to waste and Google limits the number of posts I can do in a time period. What the hell, are you a lonely boy? Please "interact" with the other lonely boys on this group. Thanks!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 May 2017 18:51:29 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Monday, May 1, 2017 at 3:40:35 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 May 2017 18:18:42 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsi1yahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>> >I understood exactly what you were implying. You ain't that deep or clever. Did you understand with I was saying?

>> You're into tit for tat, aren't you?

>That's not true at all. I'm going to end this biggest dick contest because I don't have time to waste and Google limits the number of posts I can do in a time period. What the hell, are you a lonely boy? Please "interact" with the other lonely boys on this group. Thanks!

lol

PS: Google limits what its biggest fanboi can do??? How ungrateful is
that?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 May 2017 21:23:18 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

> On Mon, 01 May 2017 04:21:39 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 01 May 2017 20:47:08 +1000, Bruce >
> >wrote:

> >> Maybe they don't feel like prefab cheese fondue and would prefer a
> >> prefab pizza margharita with pink slime and fake cheese.

> >I'd have to like it in order to serve it and I hate frozen pizza.

> But you have to put it in the oven before you eat it!

What do you know about any pizza, good bad or frozen?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 May 2017 21:28:02 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

> On Mon, 01 May 2017 04:26:49 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 01 May 2017 20:45:28 +1000, Bruce >
> >wrote:

> >> Oh come on, don't you live in SF? You can buy organic lactose-free
> >> Bolivian yak cheese from fair-trade free-range yak shepherds.

> >Read what I said again.

> You can't even get decent brie in SF?

You are extremely dense.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 05 May 2017 22:18:28 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Mon, 01 May 2017 21:28:02 +1000, Bruce >
>wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 01 May 2017 04:26:49 -0700, sf > wrote:

>> >Read what I said again.

>> You can't even get decent brie in SF?

>You are extremely dense.

"What did you not understand about the inability to find decent
cheese?" (SF)

Weren't you referring to your own inability to find decent cheese
where you live, which is, if I'm not mistaken, San Francisco?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 05 May 2017 22:17:49 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Mon, 01 May 2017 21:23:18 +1000, Bruce >
>wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 01 May 2017 04:21:39 -0700, sf > wrote:
>>
>> >I'd have to like it in order to serve it and I hate frozen pizza.

>> But you have to put it in the oven before you eat it!

>What do you know about any pizza, good bad or frozen?

If you want to know if a pizza is frozen, just touch it. If it feels
really cold, it's frozen and you have to bake it first. Don't just dig
in. You'll be disappointed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 May 2017 21:06:38 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> If you like them, go for it. Never tried one so I have no idea how good
> or bad they are.

I prefer what I make because I don't like Emmenthaler - so I use
Jarlsberg instead.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 06 May 2017 15:38:36 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

> On Fri, 05 May 2017 22:17:49 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 01 May 2017 21:23:18 +1000, Bruce >
> >wrote:

> >> But you have to put it in the oven before you eat it!

> >What do you know about any pizza, good bad or frozen?

> If you want to know if a pizza is frozen, just touch it. If it feels
> really cold, it's frozen and you have to bake it first. Don't just dig
> in. You'll be disappointed.

IOW: Nothing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 06 May 2017 15:36:22 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

> "What did you not understand about the inability to find decent
> cheese?" (SF)
>
> Weren't you referring to your own inability to find decent cheese
> where you live, which is, if I'm not mistaken, San Francisco?

I was not talking about me in SF.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 06 May 2017 22:10:19 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Sat, 06 May 2017 15:38:36 +1000, Bruce >
>wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 05 May 2017 22:17:49 -0700, sf > wrote:

>> >What do you know about any pizza, good bad or frozen?

>> If you want to know if a pizza is frozen, just touch it. If it feels
>> really cold, it's frozen and you have to bake it first. Don't just dig
>> in. You'll be disappointed.

>IOW: Nothing.

I just gave you a really good tip.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jill sf[_9_] General Cooking 21 04-05-2014 01:03 AM
@Jill sf[_9_] General Cooking 13 13-12-2013 08:07 PM
(OT) Jill's Home (from Jill herself) jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 57 25-07-2008 11:04 PM
Jill Ophelia General Cooking 3 27-07-2006 12:04 AM
Where's Jill?? Andy General Cooking 19 17-11-2005 12:53 AM