Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default She liked my balls

Dinner last night was sausage, meatballs pasta.

Sausage was store bought Italian. For the sauce, I was checking out the
canned good that sometimes get lost and found three cans of tomatoes
getting old. Once crushed, one diced, one grated. I mixed them all
together and added seasoning. Added the sausage and let it simmer a few
hours.

The meatballs are based on an old tried and true Italian method. Ground
beef, veal, pork. To that, mix in stale Italian bread that was soaked
in water to soften, an egg, grated cheese, garlic, onion, oregano, S & P.

Brown them and toss in the sauce for a half hour or so.

My wife proclaimed the sauce and meatballs to be the best she has had in
a long time.

Tonight will be leftovers with Asiago cheese bread from a local bakery
and another bottle of Chianti.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Dinner last night was sausage, meatballs pasta.
>
> Sausage was store bought Italian. For the sauce, I was checking out the
> canned good that sometimes get lost and found three cans of tomatoes
> getting old. Once crushed, one diced, one grated. I mixed them all
> together and added seasoning. Added the sausage and let it simmer a few
> hours.
>
> The meatballs are based on an old tried and true Italian method. Ground
> beef, veal, pork. To that, mix in stale Italian bread that was soaked
> in water to soften, an egg, grated cheese, garlic, onion, oregano, S & P.
>
> Brown them and toss in the sauce for a half hour or so.
>
> My wife proclaimed the sauce and meatballs to be the best she has had in
> a long time.
>
> Tonight will be leftovers with Asiago cheese bread from a local bakery
> and another bottle of Chianti.

+1

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 12:44:16 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Dinner last night was sausage, meatballs pasta.
>
> Sausage was store bought Italian. For the sauce, I was checking out the
> canned good that sometimes get lost and found three cans of tomatoes
> getting old. Once crushed, one diced, one grated. I mixed them all
> together and added seasoning. Added the sausage and let it simmer a few
> hours.
>
> The meatballs are based on an old tried and true Italian method. Ground
> beef, veal, pork. To that, mix in stale Italian bread that was soaked
> in water to soften, an egg, grated cheese, garlic, onion, oregano, S & P.
>
> Brown them and toss in the sauce for a half hour or so.
>
> My wife proclaimed the sauce and meatballs to be the best she has had in
> a long time.
>
> Tonight will be leftovers with Asiago cheese bread from a local bakery
> and another bottle of Chianti.

Delish!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 00:14:18 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 12:44:16 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> Dinner last night was sausage, meatballs pasta.
>>
>> Sausage was store bought Italian. For the sauce, I was checking out the
>> canned good that sometimes get lost and found three cans of tomatoes
>> getting old. Once crushed, one diced, one grated. I mixed them all
>> together and added seasoning. Added the sausage and let it simmer a few
>> hours.
>>
>> The meatballs are based on an old tried and true Italian method. Ground
>> beef, veal, pork. To that, mix in stale Italian bread that was soaked
>> in water to soften, an egg, grated cheese, garlic, onion, oregano, S & P.
>>
>> Brown them and toss in the sauce for a half hour or so.
>>
>> My wife proclaimed the sauce and meatballs to be the best she has had in
>> a long time.
>>
>> Tonight will be leftovers with Asiago cheese bread from a local bakery
>> and another bottle of Chianti.

>Delish!
>
>John Kuthe...

Last night's dinner was pan fried hot saw-seege, a lot of them, some
20 large saw-seege, in hard roll sammies, so got LOs. For tonight's
dinner I pan browned two pounds of diced spuds, added six diced
saw-seege, and will become a dozen egg fritatta... will be dinner
tonight and tomorrow. I have no Chianti, but I've got Rose' for her
and Crystal Palace or me. I still have eight saw-seege to figure out
how to use... thinking with pasta and sauce, got homemade sauce in the
freezer.

Egg Balls Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 1 07-01-2012 01:47 AM
Rum Balls International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 07-02-2008 01:58 AM
Hmm...the balls have it.... Christine Dabney General Cooking 8 01-01-2008 09:05 PM
Hazelnut Balls Duckie ® Recipes 1 21-01-2007 07:56 PM