Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pineapple and rum

I bought a pineapple last week and it was very good. I took some pieces
and soaked them in rum. After a few hours, it was OK, but not great.
Let it sit a couple of days and tried it again. wow, it was really
good. Sweet, tasty, but none of the bite of liquor.

Yesterday I put even more pineapple in rum but I'm going to let it sit
for at least 4 or more days. Yum!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 18:43:46 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>I bought a pineapple last week and it was very good. I took some pieces
>and soaked them in rum. After a few hours, it was OK, but not great.
>Let it sit a couple of days and tried it again. wow, it was really
>good. Sweet, tasty, but none of the bite of liquor.
>
>Yesterday I put even more pineapple in rum but I'm going to let it sit
>for at least 4 or more days. Yum!

Never thought to do that, sounds an excellent idea!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 18:43:46 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>I bought a pineapple last week and it was very good. I took some pieces
>and soaked them in rum. After a few hours, it was OK, but not great.
>Let it sit a couple of days and tried it again. wow, it was really
>good. Sweet, tasty, but none of the bite of liquor.
>
>Yesterday I put even more pineapple in rum but I'm going to let it sit
>for at least 4 or more days. Yum!

go he
http://www.sustaincreateandflow.com/...-own-liqueurs/
or
http://tinyurl.com/mcpro6r
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 17:08:08 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 18:43:46 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>>I bought a pineapple last week and it was very good. I took some pieces
>>and soaked them in rum. After a few hours, it was OK, but not great.
>>Let it sit a couple of days and tried it again. wow, it was really
>>good. Sweet, tasty, but none of the bite of liquor.
>>
>>Yesterday I put even more pineapple in rum but I'm going to let it sit
>>for at least 4 or more days. Yum!

>go he
>http://www.sustaincreateandflow.com/...-own-liqueurs/
>or
>http://tinyurl.com/mcpro6r
>Janet US

My mother (when living in spain) always did prunes in brandy and
apricots in brandy. Made a lovely dessert in winter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/17/2017 7:08 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 18:43:46 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>> I bought a pineapple last week and it was very good. I took some pieces
>> and soaked them in rum. After a few hours, it was OK, but not great.
>> Let it sit a couple of days and tried it again. wow, it was really
>> good. Sweet, tasty, but none of the bite of liquor.
>>
>> Yesterday I put even more pineapple in rum but I'm going to let it sit
>> for at least 4 or more days. Yum!

> go he
> http://www.sustaincreateandflow.com/...-own-liqueurs/
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/mcpro6r
> Janet US

There will be some experimentation this harvest time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

lucretiaborgia wrote:
>Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>>I bought a pineapple last week and it was very good. I took some pieces
>>and soaked them in rum. After a few hours, it was OK, but not great.
>>Let it sit a couple of days and tried it again. wow, it was really
>>good. Sweet, tasty, but none of the bite of liquor.
>>
>>Yesterday I put even more pineapple in rum but I'm going to let it sit
>>for at least 4 or more days. Yum!

>Never thought to do that, sounds an excellent idea!

Even better with a little Coco Lopez added. I soak canned pineapple
rings in rum for my Pina Colada upside down cakes. Canned is the only
field ripened pineapple found on the mainland, those found at market
were picked green and once picked pineapple does not ripen, it begins
to ferment/rot, some confuse that sour taste for ripened, NOT!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 20:53:05 -0300, wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 17:08:08 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 18:43:46 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>>
>>>I bought a pineapple last week and it was very good. I took some pieces
>>>and soaked them in rum. After a few hours, it was OK, but not great.
>>>Let it sit a couple of days and tried it again. wow, it was really
>>>good. Sweet, tasty, but none of the bite of liquor.
>>>
>>>Yesterday I put even more pineapple in rum but I'm going to let it sit
>>>for at least 4 or more days. Yum!

>>go he

http://www.sustaincreateandflow.com/...-own-liqueurs/
>>or
>>http://tinyurl.com/mcpro6r
>>Janet US

>My mother (when living in spain) always did prunes in brandy and
>apricots in brandy. Made a lovely dessert in winter.

Can do that with any dried fruit, I have a large jar in the fridge all
the time, with mixed dried fruit... add some sliced fresh citrus and
cinnamon.... that's called "compote".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 18:58:00 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2017-04-17 5:53 PM, wrote:
>> On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 17:08:08 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
>> wrote:

>>> go he

http://www.sustaincreateandflow.com/...-own-liqueurs/
>>> or
>>> http://tinyurl.com/mcpro6r
>>> Janet US

>> My mother (when living in spain) always did prunes in brandy and
>> apricots in brandy. Made a lovely dessert in winter.
>>

>I had to pick sloes from the hedgerows in November so that my
>grandparents could make sloe gin.

remember tasting that once, pungent.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I like to drink brandy but not rum. Won't drink either 1 now tho.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/18/2017 9:11 AM, Sqwertz wrote:

> I put sriracha on my pineapple. Last night I filled a cantaloupe with
> pineapple sherbet, rimmed it with pineapple slices, and then drizzled
> it all over with sriracha. Don't knock it until you try it.
>
> =sw

Seemingly odd combinations can work. Ketchup on peanut butter is one
pepper on watermelon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 4/18/2017 9:11 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>

> > I put sriracha on my pineapple. Last night I filled a cantaloupe with
> > pineapple sherbet, rimmed it with pineapple slices, and then drizzled
> > it all over with sriracha. Don't knock it until you try it.
> >
> > =sw
> >

> Seemingly odd combinations can work. Ketchup on peanut butter is one
> pepper on watermelon.

True...although Steve up there could be describing either a sex act or a comestible...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>Seemingly odd combinations can work. Ketchup on peanut butter is one
>pepper on watermelon.

Pepper is good on cantaloupe and honeydew too, so is cinnamon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/18/2017 11:12 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 4/18/2017 9:11 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>

>> I put sriracha on my pineapple. Last night I filled a cantaloupe with
>> pineapple sherbet, rimmed it with pineapple slices, and then drizzled
>> it all over with sriracha. Don't knock it until you try it.
>>
>> =sw
>>

> Seemingly odd combinations can work. Ketchup on peanut butter is one
> pepper on watermelon.

When I was a kid my dad put ketchup on watermelon! I could not begin to
imagine it. Then again, I don't like watermelon and have very little
use for ketchup. <shrug>

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 21:09:25 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 4/17/2017 7:08 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 18:43:46 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>>
>>> I bought a pineapple last week and it was very good. I took some pieces
>>> and soaked them in rum. After a few hours, it was OK, but not great.
>>> Let it sit a couple of days and tried it again. wow, it was really
>>> good. Sweet, tasty, but none of the bite of liquor.
>>>
>>> Yesterday I put even more pineapple in rum but I'm going to let it sit
>>> for at least 4 or more days. Yum!

>> go he
>> http://www.sustaincreateandflow.com/...-own-liqueurs/
>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/mcpro6r
>> Janet US
>>

>There will be some experimentation this harvest time.

I picked up some pineapple this a.m. and the rings are now safely in a
mason jar, covered in rum. I've left them for the time being in the
kitchen as a decoration and a test on leaving them alone for awhile

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 11:16:40 -0300, wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 21:09:25 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> go he

http://www.sustaincreateandflow.com/...-own-liqueurs/
>>> or
>>> http://tinyurl.com/mcpro6r
>>> Janet US
>>>

>>There will be some experimentation this harvest time.

>I picked up some pineapple this a.m. and the rings are now safely in a
>mason jar, covered in rum. I've left them for the time being in the
>kitchen as a decoration and a test on leaving them alone for awhile

snicker . . .
(just a taste to see how it's going )))
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 09:05:55 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 11:16:40 -0300, wrote:

http://www.sustaincreateandflow.com/...-own-liqueurs/

>>>There will be some experimentation this harvest time.

>>I picked up some pineapple this a.m. and the rings are now safely in a
>>mason jar, covered in rum. I've left them for the time being in the
>>kitchen as a decoration and a test on leaving them alone for awhile

>snicker . . .
>(just a taste to see how it's going )))
>Janet US

lol yes, going to see how strong the moral fibre is