Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT..... Options... Round 2

I came home to a phone message today from Cindy, the woman who had
offered me a no fee rental satellite receiver to tell me that he had
made a mistake in offering it to me. Apparently that offer does not
apply if you already have one of the newer receivers, so my option was
to buy one from them at the discounted price... $100.

I called back and talked to someone else to explain my dilemma, that
that I had paid for the equipment and access to their signals and did
not think I should have to pay for a new receiver. I don't care if
they are improving their signal. It is not an improvement for me if I am
unable to use it without paying to upgrade. It is especially difficult
to spend money on a new receiver when their competition is offering me
the same programming for 6 months for half the price and are offering me
two new receivers.

She passed me on to the customer loyalty department. All I had to tell
her was that the offer for the no fee rental had been withdrawn and
paying to upgrade was not working for me and she immediately extended
the no fee rental option.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 6:24:40 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> I came home to a phone message today from Cindy, the woman who had
> offered me a no fee rental satellite receiver to tell me that he had
> made a mistake in offering it to me. Apparently that offer does not
> apply if you already have one of the newer receivers, so my option was
> to buy one from them at the discounted price... $100.
>
> I called back and talked to someone else to explain my dilemma, that
> that I had paid for the equipment and access to their signals and did
> not think I should have to pay for a new receiver. I don't care if
> they are improving their signal. It is not an improvement for me if I am
> unable to use it without paying to upgrade. It is especially difficult
> to spend money on a new receiver when their competition is offering me
> the same programming for 6 months for half the price and are offering me
> two new receivers.
>
> She passed me on to the customer loyalty department. All I had to tell
> her was that the offer for the no fee rental had been withdrawn and
> paying to upgrade was not working for me and she immediately extended
> the no fee rental option.

Good job and congratulations!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 7:24:49 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> Thanks. It must be working with other customers since they are still
> trying to charge. It's really annoying that they charge $200 for the
> receiver, then drop the price to $150, when met with resistance they
> drop it again to $100, and if you persist, will "rent" it for free.

That's because there is ALWAYS someone who will take their first
ridiculous offer and not complain about the price. Always.