Old 26-03-2017, 02:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Food today

We have been invited out for a luncheon at a friend's place and were
asked to bring dessert. I have a cherry clafouti in the oven.

Old 26-03-2017, 04:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 9:52:42 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
We have been invited out for a luncheon at a friend's place and were
asked to bring dessert. I have a cherry clafouti in the oven.

Today's dinner will be shrimp, marinated in quite a lot of garlic
and lime, skewered and grilled. Boiled "new" potatoes (they're
quite small, and I imagine they were new at some point) and tossed
salads.

Lunch for me will be leftover grilled chicken breast dressed with
my barbecue sauce, on a sandwich. I shall pretend it is real
barbecue. He's having venison, sautéed in bacon grease and
onions and eaten on rye bread.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 27-03-2017, 03:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/26/2017 8:54 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
We have been invited out for a luncheon at a friend's place and were
asked to bring dessert. I have a cherry clafouti in the oven.

What sort of cherries were used? Canned, frozen, etc.? Just curious

Sky

================================
Kitchen Rule #1 - Use the timer!
Kitchen Rule #2 - Cook's choice!
================================

Old 27-03-2017, 03:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-03-26 10:47 PM, Sky wrote:
On 3/26/2017 8:54 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
We have been invited out for a luncheon at a friend's place and were
asked to bring dessert. I have a cherry clafouti in the oven.

What sort of cherries were used? Canned, frozen, etc.? Just curious

I used frozen pitted cherries. I take out of the freezer about 2 hours
ahead of time. BTW... the clafouti was a big hit.

Tried a new food today. Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 0 29-08-2013 08:11 AM
Food today Serene Vannoy General Cooking 10 13-02-2010 01:53 AM
Food today: Serene Vannoy General Cooking 0 20-12-2009 11:14 PM
Food today Dave Smith General Cooking 0 28-06-2006 09:53 PM
Food today Andy General Cooking 0 28-06-2006 09:40 PM