Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Malls was Use by date

Dave Smith wrote:
>jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I haven't been to a shopping mall since I was in my 20's. As a teen, it
>> was a place to hang out with friends. There was a movie theatre and of
>> course, being teenage girls, we loved looking at all the clothes. Rarely
>> had money to buy anything, but looking was free. You couldn't drag
>> me to a mall these days.

>Malls seem to be losing their appeal around here. The large enclosed
>collections of the same old stores don't seem to be attracting customers
>the way they used to. Most new commercial developments these days tend
>to be box store farms and stand alone collections. For instance, a
>nearby city had a decent sized mall that at one time contained a Sears,
>Walmart, a grocery store and about 60 smaller stores, and there was a
>Canadian Tire across the street. Walmart and Canadian Tire moved around
>the corner and about a mile down, and there is big Rona at one end.
>Target moved into the unit that had been Walmart and then Kmart, but it
>floundered. I usually only go there for banking and half the people in
>there seem to be mall walkers.

The last time I shopped at a maul has to be about 1985 on Lung
Guyland. I did go to a Sears here in Albany but I didn't actually go
into the maul, Sears has a parking lot entrance. I went to exchange a
Craftsman battery pack drill, that's when I discovered that the
Craftsmen guarantee doesn't apply to any motorized product, only hand
tools... I left that drill on their counter and said goodbye to Sears
forever. I really never liked that drill anyway, had no power, even a
cheap plug-in electric drill has twice the power and never diminishes
with use. I don't mind using extension cords, I prefer full power.
And those battery packs make the tool heavy and cumbersom. Whyere I
live with everything so far apart most of the trades people prefer
light weight pneumatic tools, they have compressors that run off their
pick up trucks.

As more and more people shop on line the brick & morters close down...
just heard that JC Penny is closing 140 stores. I liked buying
cookware/housewares on line from JC Penny (great prices) but
unfortunately they were not well geared for etail delivery issues and
in most instance i had to phone in my orders and they didn't have the
personal that could handle that efficiently... Amazon made shopping
dead simple. BTW, asnyone who likes Crocs footwear Amazon carries
their products at major discounts over buying direct... I learned this
from a postal worker in town when she noticed my order arrived, I
checked and she was right, I could have bought my flip flops for
nearly half price from Amazon. Amazon even has a sizing app on line,
it will give the the men's size for the women's size and vice versa,
very handy with Crocs unisex footwear... the Crocks site doesn't do
this and so they likely lose sales when it says something is not in
stock. I normally wear a size 11 flip flop, however I learned that if
my size is out of stock in the men's section I can order a woman's
size 13. In fact when something is out of stock in your size Amazon
will automatically check the woman's stock for availability and make
the suggestion. The Crocs site is so poor to navigate that I phone in
my orders and their personal have never checked if my size for an item
was available in the larger womens's size... they lost sales. Tyhe
one thing Crocs will do if a product fails past the 90 day period they
will replace it at half price... a couple of times the flip flop thong
that goes between the toes has pulled out and they did replace it at
half price even two years later. I really didn't wear it for two
years, It was s pair I ordered two of so I'd have a spare and it broke
afer wearing it only a couple of weeks, and I don't wear flip flops
outdoors, they are really my house slippers. I attempted to make a
repair with Gorilla Glue, an excellent product, but it won't adhere to
the material used for Crocs.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/24/news...res/index.html
http://www.businessinsider.com/jcpen...-stores-2017-1
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Use by date

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>
>> LOL I use my nose and experience to determine if something is still good
>> to eat

> Yes, me too.
>
> Cheri
>
> ====
>
> What would they do if it stated it was well in date, but smelled bad.
> Would they still eat it?

Probably not.

Cheri

====

lol I know you wouldn't

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message news
On 2/26/2017 9:38 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "jmcquown" wrote in message news >
> On 2/25/2017 4:43 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Hmmm I don't like shopping either and only go when I have to
>>

> I don't like shopping either. I mostly buy clothes online. I don't buy
> food online but this is why I have a separate freezer, so I don't have
> to run to the store all the time. For fresh fruit and veggies there are
> a couple of farm stands nearby. The grocery stores are much farther
> away so I do a stock-up trip about once a month.
>
> Jill
>
> ======
>
> Pretty much the same as me) I don't buy food online either because I
> want to choose what *I* think is the best, not someone else's idea of
> what is best

There is no food I could buy online which would be fresh. I keep some
canned goods in the pantry and dried pasta and dried beans. But I don't
want to buy an entire case of canned whatever.

When it comes to fresh food I want to select my own. I've encountered
more than one situation in my lifetime (in many different grocery
stores) where the check-out person at the grocery store had to ask me,
"what is this?" (Artichokes immediately spring to mind). Much more
recently, I was shopping for leeks. When I inquired, the young man who
was stocking vegetables in the produce section asked, "What's a leek?"
Oh dear.

To give them some credit, when I was checking out I was asked if I could
find everything I wanted. No, you don't have leeks. The young man who
was bagging my groceries said, "Um, couldn't you use scallions?" No,
but close! Maybe *he* should be working in the produce department
rather than bagging groceries. He at least had a general idea of what I
was talking about.

Jill

===

When I talk about ordering stuff, I am referring to supermarkets who
deliver. I have never used it for reasons I have given but I supposed it
was done by phone ... I can't be sure though.

When walking around the supermarkets there are assistants with
trolleys/boxes and lists gathering orders together for delivery.

I prefer to choose my own produce

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/26/2017 2:53 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> When I talk about ordering stuff, I am referring to supermarkets who
> deliver. I have never used it for reasons I have given but I supposed
> it was done by phone ... I can't be sure though.
>
> When walking around the supermarkets there are assistants with
> trolleys/boxes and lists gathering orders together for delivery.
>
> I prefer to choose my own produce

Back in high school I worked in a grocery store and picked and delivered
orders. Produce was carefully selected and the meat cut to order. We
had regular customers every week but it was a small store and could give
good service.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/26/2017 2:53 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> When I talk about ordering stuff, I am referring to supermarkets who
> deliver. I have never used it for reasons I have given but I supposed
> it was done by phone ... I can't be sure though.

I have occasionally used Tesco's delivery service. Ordering and payment
online, with 2-hour delivery slots.
My local shopping options are limited, the nearest supermarket is about
40 miles away, and I don't always have transport available.

Although I do prefer to select my own fruits and vegetables, I have been
very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the produce I have received.
Anything which doesn't meet requirements can be handed back to the
driver, and its price will be credited to my account - but so far,
that's not been necessary.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 2:25:32 PM UTC-10, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 2/26/2017 2:53 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>
> > When I talk about ordering stuff, I am referring to supermarkets who
> > deliver. I have never used it for reasons I have given but I supposed
> > it was done by phone ... I can't be sure though.
> >

> I have occasionally used Tesco's delivery service. Ordering and payment
> online, with 2-hour delivery slots.
> My local shopping options are limited, the nearest supermarket is about
> 40 miles away, and I don't always have transport available.
>
> Although I do prefer to select my own fruits and vegetables, I have been
> very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the produce I have received.
> Anything which doesn't meet requirements can be handed back to the
> driver, and its price will be credited to my account - but so far,
> that's not been necessary.

I like Tesco. They are sorta like the Target chain here in the states.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

On 2/26/2017 2:53 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> When I talk about ordering stuff, I am referring to supermarkets who
> deliver. I have never used it for reasons I have given but I supposed
> it was done by phone ... I can't be sure though.
>
> When walking around the supermarkets there are assistants with
> trolleys/boxes and lists gathering orders together for delivery.
>
> I prefer to choose my own produce

Back in high school I worked in a grocery store and picked and delivered
orders. Produce was carefully selected and the meat cut to order. We
had regular customers every week but it was a small store and could give
good service.

===

Some of the assistants I see seem to choose, but the rest grab the nearest
thing to get going.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" wrote in message ...

On 2/26/2017 2:53 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> When I talk about ordering stuff, I am referring to supermarkets who
> deliver. I have never used it for reasons I have given but I supposed
> it was done by phone ... I can't be sure though.

I have occasionally used Tesco's delivery service. Ordering and payment
online, with 2-hour delivery slots.
My local shopping options are limited, the nearest supermarket is about
40 miles away, and I don't always have transport available.

Although I do prefer to select my own fruits and vegetables, I have been
very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the produce I have received.
Anything which doesn't meet requirements can be handed back to the
driver, and its price will be credited to my account - but so far,
that's not been necessary.

====

I am very pleased to hear it) Do you phone your order in or place it
online?

They certainly seem to be popular. Their trucks are always down our road

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 2:25:32 PM UTC-10, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 2/26/2017 2:53 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>
> > When I talk about ordering stuff, I am referring to supermarkets who
> > deliver. I have never used it for reasons I have given but I supposed
> > it was done by phone ... I can't be sure though.
> >

> I have occasionally used Tesco's delivery service. Ordering and payment
> online, with 2-hour delivery slots.
> My local shopping options are limited, the nearest supermarket is about
> 40 miles away, and I don't always have transport available.
>
> Although I do prefer to select my own fruits and vegetables, I have been
> very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the produce I have received.
> Anything which doesn't meet requirements can be handed back to the
> driver, and its price will be credited to my account - but so far,
> that's not been necessary.

I like Tesco. They are sorta like the Target chain here in the states.

====

That is one of my 'go to' supermarkets and I do so weekly

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/27/2017 7:41 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "S Viemeister" wrote in message ...

> Although I do prefer to select my own fruits and vegetables, I have been
> very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the produce I have received.
> Anything which doesn't meet requirements can be handed back to the
> driver, and its price will be credited to my account - but so far,
> that's not been necessary.
> ====
>
> I am very pleased to hear it) Do you phone your order in or place it
> online?

Online. Simple, straightforward system.
I've even had a few calls from Tesco managers, asking about the quality
of the delivery.
I hope they continue to deliver to my area - I understand they've
stopped serving Durness. Currently, they only deliver here 2 or 3 days a
week.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 2:42:13 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 2:25:32 PM UTC-10, S Viemeister wrote:
> > On 2/26/2017 2:53 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > > When I talk about ordering stuff, I am referring to supermarkets who
> > > deliver. I have never used it for reasons I have given but I supposed
> > > it was done by phone ... I can't be sure though.
> > >

> > I have occasionally used Tesco's delivery service. Ordering and payment
> > online, with 2-hour delivery slots.
> > My local shopping options are limited, the nearest supermarket is about
> > 40 miles away, and I don't always have transport available.
> >
> > Although I do prefer to select my own fruits and vegetables, I have been
> > very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the produce I have received.
> > Anything which doesn't meet requirements can be handed back to the
> > driver, and its price will be credited to my account - but so far,
> > that's not been necessary.

> I like Tesco. They are sorta like the Target chain here in the states.
>
> ====
>
> That is one of my 'go to' supermarkets and I do so weekly
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

It was quite the pleasant shopping experience, at least the one in Wales was.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/27/2017 12:45 PM, Janet wrote:

> The island supermarket here, ( Co-op) delivers all over the island;
> either free if you spend 25 UKP or cheap flat fee otherwise, and you can
> choose the delivery slot. Much appreciated by people who face a 30 mile
> trip by car or bus; roads are slow here.
>
> I've never used their order service but I sometimes go there on foot,
> choose my shopping and have it delivered (free). Very handy.

The local Post Office has a basic food selection, and I can ask them to
deliver a few things along with my milk and papers, but for a major
shop, I either go to Thurso or order from Tesco.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 2:42:13 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 2:25:32 PM UTC-10, S Viemeister wrote:
> > On 2/26/2017 2:53 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > > When I talk about ordering stuff, I am referring to supermarkets who
> > > deliver. I have never used it for reasons I have given but I
> > > supposed
> > > it was done by phone ... I can't be sure though.
> > >

> > I have occasionally used Tesco's delivery service. Ordering and payment
> > online, with 2-hour delivery slots.
> > My local shopping options are limited, the nearest supermarket is about
> > 40 miles away, and I don't always have transport available.
> >
> > Although I do prefer to select my own fruits and vegetables, I have been
> > very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the produce I have received.
> > Anything which doesn't meet requirements can be handed back to the
> > driver, and its price will be credited to my account - but so far,
> > that's not been necessary.

> I like Tesco. They are sorta like the Target chain here in the states.
>
> ====
>
> That is one of my 'go to' supermarkets and I do so weekly
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

It was quite the pleasant shopping experience, at least the one in Wales
was.

====

Good)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" wrote in message ...

On 2/27/2017 7:41 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "S Viemeister" wrote in message ...

> Although I do prefer to select my own fruits and vegetables, I have been
> very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the produce I have received.
> Anything which doesn't meet requirements can be handed back to the
> driver, and its price will be credited to my account - but so far,
> that's not been necessary.
> ====
>
> I am very pleased to hear it) Do you phone your order in or place it
> online?

Online. Simple, straightforward system.
I've even had a few calls from Tesco managers, asking about the quality
of the delivery.
I hope they continue to deliver to my area - I understand they've
stopped serving Durness. Currently, they only deliver here 2 or 3 days a
week.

===

Thanks. At least you have got them atm. If you and others continue to
order it might be continue to be worthwhile for them.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/26/2017 11:44 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> news >
>> I just checked, Wolfchase Galleria is still there and open for
>> business. Still has a JCP and Sears, too. That seems to be part of
>> the age-old US shopping mall formula. FYI - Glamour Shots isn't there
>> anymore. LOL
>>
>> Jill

> And JCP reported that they were closing 140 stores a couple of days ago,
> so probably won't be there long.
>
> Cheri

There aren't any malls where I live now so it doesn't really matter to
me. I do still buy clothes online from JCP.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/26/2017 2:20 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> BTW, asnyone who likes Crocs footwear Amazon carries
> their products at major discounts over buying direct... I learned this
> from a postal worker in town when she noticed my order arrived, I
> checked and she was right, I could have bought my flip flops for
> nearly half price from Amazon.

(snippage)

Crocs are a crock, IMHO. I'm not paying upwards of $30 for rubber shoes.

As for Amazon, you're likely paying them an annual membership fee. Jeff
Bezos is laughing all the way to the bank.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 20:23:07 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 2/26/2017 2:20 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> BTW, asnyone who likes Crocs footwear Amazon carries
>> their products at major discounts over buying direct... I learned this
>> from a postal worker in town when she noticed my order arrived, I
>> checked and she was right, I could have bought my flip flops for
>> nearly half price from Amazon.

>(snippage)
>
>Crocs are a crock, IMHO. I'm not paying upwards of $30 for rubber shoes.

Me neither. More like $4. I bet you were looking at dressy crocs.
Women...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 2/26/2017 2:20 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> BTW, asnyone who likes Crocs footwear Amazon carries
>> their products at major discounts over buying direct... I learned this
>> from a postal worker in town when she noticed my order arrived, I
>> checked and she was right, I could have bought my flip flops for
>> nearly half price from Amazon.

>(snippage)
>
>Crocs are a crock, IMHO. I'm not paying upwards of $30 for rubber shoes.
>
>As for Amazon, you're likely paying them an annual membership fee. Jeff
>Bezos is laughing all the way to the bank.
>
>Jill

I think they are good value. They last for a very long time, serve a
specific purpose, they are light weight and easy on your feet. Most
of the hospital nurses here wear them. Funnily enough, they are warm
in the winter and cool in the summer. They are not rubber. Of course,
I have more than one kind of shoe that I wear, the Crocs I wear mostly
around the house. My husband I have been wearing ours for 3 years
now. This is our second set of Crocs.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
news
> On 2/26/2017 11:44 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> news >>
>>> I just checked, Wolfchase Galleria is still there and open for
>>> business. Still has a JCP and Sears, too. That seems to be part of
>>> the age-old US shopping mall formula. FYI - Glamour Shots isn't there
>>> anymore. LOL
>>>
>>> Jill

>> And JCP reported that they were closing 140 stores a couple of days ago,
>> so probably won't be there long.
>>
>> Cheri

> There aren't any malls where I live now so it doesn't really matter to me.
> I do still buy clothes online from JCP.
>
> Jill

I buy towels, rugs, and things like that from them online, but not too many
clothes. I like to try clothes on as a rule, and I do dislike returning
things.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2017 2:49 AM, Cheri wrote:
> I buy towels, rugs, and things like that from them online, but not too
> many clothes. I like to try clothes on as a rule, and I do dislike
> returning things.
>
> Cheri

I've been very fortunate in that I rarely have to return clothing
regardless of what online site I buy from. I've found JCP's size chart
to be very accurate. The web site is also very good at allowing you to
narrow your search/sorting by size, fabric, style.

The only problem I have with buying clothes online from JCP is they ship
clothing in plastic tear-open pouches. If something does need to be
returned you have to find a box to send it back in. They do provide a
return shipping label.

Last year I brightened up the look of the guest bathroom simply by
replacing the shower curtain with a new one from JCP. What a difference
such a simple change like that can make!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2017 1:03 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> I think they are good value. They last for a very long time, serve a
> specific purpose, they are light weight and easy on your feet. Most
> of the hospital nurses here wear them. Funnily enough, they are warm
> in the winter and cool in the summer. They are not rubber. Of course,
> I have more than one kind of shoe that I wear, the Crocs I wear mostly
> around the house. My husband I have been wearing ours for 3 years
> now. This is our second set of Crocs.
> Janet US

I dislike walking around the house barefoot but I also don't like
wearing shoes in the house. I wear these:

http://tinyurl.com/jqvvwln

That's just an example, I don't buy mine from the Vermont Country Store.

Nice non-skid rubber soles and they conform to your feet so it's almost
as if you're barefoot. They keep my feet warm in the winter and cool in
the summer. But please do enjoy your Crocs.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 2/28/2017 1:03 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> > I think they are good value. They last for a very long time, serve a
> > specific purpose, they are light weight and easy on your feet. Most
> > of the hospital nurses here wear them. Funnily enough, they are warm
> > in the winter and cool in the summer. They are not rubber. Of course,
> > I have more than one kind of shoe that I wear, the Crocs I wear mostly
> > around the house. My husband I have been wearing ours for 3 years
> > now. This is our second set of Crocs.
> > Janet US

> I dislike walking around the house barefoot but I also don't like
> wearing shoes in the house. I wear these:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/jqvvwln
>
> That's just an example, I don't buy mine from the Vermont Country Store.
>
> Nice non-skid rubber soles and they conform to your feet so it's almost
> as if you're barefoot. They keep my feet warm in the winter and cool in
> the summer. But please do enjoy your Crocs.
>
> Jill

I've never liked wearing flip-flops. Very annoying to me.
At home, I keep my shoes on if I've come home from being out.
Otherwise, I sometime go bare feet but mostly wear socks.
I even sleep in the socks most times.

Socks are your friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2017 9:18 AM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> On 2/28/2017 1:03 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>> I think they are good value. They last for a very long time, serve a
>>> specific purpose, they are light weight and easy on your feet. Most
>>> of the hospital nurses here wear them. Funnily enough, they are warm
>>> in the winter and cool in the summer. They are not rubber. Of course,
>>> I have more than one kind of shoe that I wear, the Crocs I wear mostly
>>> around the house. My husband I have been wearing ours for 3 years
>>> now. This is our second set of Crocs.
>>> Janet US

>> I dislike walking around the house barefoot but I also don't like
>> wearing shoes in the house. I wear these:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/jqvvwln
>>
>> That's just an example, I don't buy mine from the Vermont Country Store.
>>
>> Nice non-skid rubber soles and they conform to your feet so it's almost
>> as if you're barefoot. They keep my feet warm in the winter and cool in
>> the summer. But please do enjoy your Crocs.
>>
>> Jill

> I've never liked wearing flip-flops. Very annoying to me.
> At home, I keep my shoes on if I've come home from being out.
> Otherwise, I sometime go bare feet but mostly wear socks.
> I even sleep in the socks most times.
>
> Socks are your friends.

Socks are too hot. I didn't even own a pair of socks until a few years
ago. I've never worn them. I don't wear anything to sleep in.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

jmcquown wrote:

> On 2/28/2017 1:03 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> > I think they are good value. They last for a very long time, serve a
> > specific purpose, they are light weight and easy on your feet. Most
> > of the hospital nurses here wear them. Funnily enough, they are warm
> > in the winter and cool in the summer. They are not rubber. Of course,
> > I have more than one kind of shoe that I wear, the Crocs I wear mostly
> > around the house. My husband I have been wearing ours for 3 years
> > now. This is our second set of Crocs.
> > Janet US

> I dislike walking around the house barefoot but I also don't like
> wearing shoes in the house. I wear these:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/jqvvwln
>
> That's just an example, I don't buy mine from the Vermont Country Store.
>

> Nice non-skid rubber soles and they conform to your feet so it's almost
> as if you're barefoot. They keep my feet warm in the winter and cool in
> the summer. But please do enjoy your Crocs.
>
> Jill

I've never liked wearing flip-flops. Very annoying to me.
At home, I keep my shoes on if I've come home from being out.
Otherwise, I sometime go bare feet but mostly wear socks.
I even sleep in the socks most times.

Socks are your friends.

===

I keep some socks to sleep in or I get cramps

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 8:03:34 PM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 20:23:07 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
> >On 2/26/2017 2:20 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> >> BTW, asnyone who likes Crocs footwear Amazon carries
> >> their products at major discounts over buying direct... I learned this
> >> from a postal worker in town when she noticed my order arrived, I
> >> checked and she was right, I could have bought my flip flops for
> >> nearly half price from Amazon.

> >(snippage)
> >
> >Crocs are a crock, IMHO. I'm not paying upwards of $30 for rubber shoes.
> >
> >As for Amazon, you're likely paying them an annual membership fee. Jeff
> >Bezos is laughing all the way to the bank.
> >
> >Jill

> I think they are good value. They last for a very long time, serve a
> specific purpose, they are light weight and easy on your feet. Most
> of the hospital nurses here wear them. Funnily enough, they are warm
> in the winter and cool in the summer. They are not rubber. Of course,
> I have more than one kind of shoe that I wear, the Crocs I wear mostly
> around the house. My husband I have been wearing ours for 3 years
> now. This is our second set of Crocs.
> Janet US

Crocs are certainly made of an interesting material. Nobody knows what it is. I think it's a high shore closed foam silicone.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 09:18:24 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> On 2/28/2017 1:03 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> > I think they are good value. They last for a very long time, serve a
>> > specific purpose, they are light weight and easy on your feet. Most
>> > of the hospital nurses here wear them. Funnily enough, they are warm
>> > in the winter and cool in the summer. They are not rubber. Of course,
>> > I have more than one kind of shoe that I wear, the Crocs I wear mostly
>> > around the house. My husband I have been wearing ours for 3 years
>> > now. This is our second set of Crocs.
>> > Janet US

>> I dislike walking around the house barefoot but I also don't like
>> wearing shoes in the house. I wear these:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/jqvvwln
>>
>> That's just an example, I don't buy mine from the Vermont Country Store.
>>
>> Nice non-skid rubber soles and they conform to your feet so it's almost
>> as if you're barefoot. They keep my feet warm in the winter and cool in
>> the summer. But please do enjoy your Crocs.
>>
>> Jill

>I've never liked wearing flip-flops. Very annoying to me.
>At home, I keep my shoes on if I've come home from being out.
>Otherwise, I sometime go bare feet but mostly wear socks.
>I even sleep in the socks most times.
>
>Socks are your friends.

Crocs are not flip flops
http://www.crocs.com/c/new-arrivals?...170228155153:s
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2017 10:53 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 09:18:24 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> I dislike walking around the house barefoot but I also don't like
>>> wearing shoes in the house. I wear these:
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/jqvvwln
>>>
>>> That's just an example, I don't buy mine from the Vermont Country Store.
>>>
>>> Nice non-skid rubber soles and they conform to your feet so it's almost
>>> as if you're barefoot. They keep my feet warm in the winter and cool in
>>> the summer. But please do enjoy your Crocs.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I've never liked wearing flip-flops. Very annoying to me.
>> At home, I keep my shoes on if I've come home from being out.
>> Otherwise, I sometime go bare feet but mostly wear socks.
>> I even sleep in the socks most times.
>>
>> Socks are your friends.

> Crocs are not flip flops
> http://www.crocs.com/c/new-arrivals?...170228155153:s

I know what Crocs are. I just don't like them. I don't wear flip
flops, either.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 09:18:24 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> On 2/28/2017 1:03 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> > I think they are good value. They last for a very long time, serve a
>> > specific purpose, they are light weight and easy on your feet. Most
>> > of the hospital nurses here wear them. Funnily enough, they are warm
>> > in the winter and cool in the summer. They are not rubber. Of course,
>> > I have more than one kind of shoe that I wear, the Crocs I wear mostly
>> > around the house. My husband I have been wearing ours for 3 years
>> > now. This is our second set of Crocs.
>> > Janet US

>> I dislike walking around the house barefoot but I also don't like
>> wearing shoes in the house. I wear these:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/jqvvwln
>>
>> That's just an example, I don't buy mine from the Vermont Country Store.
>>

>> Nice non-skid rubber soles and they conform to your feet so it's almost
>> as if you're barefoot. They keep my feet warm in the winter and cool in
>> the summer. But please do enjoy your Crocs.
>>
>> Jill

>I've never liked wearing flip-flops. Very annoying to me.
>At home, I keep my shoes on if I've come home from being out.
>Otherwise, I sometime go bare feet but mostly wear socks.
>I even sleep in the socks most times.
>
>Socks are your friends.

Crocs are not flip flops
http://www.crocs.com/c/new-arrivals?...170228155153:s

==

That is a surprise! Some of those are quite nice. I thought they were all
'Classic Clogs'.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-02-28, jmcquown > wrote:

> I know what Crocs are. I just don't like them. I don't wear flip
> flops, either.

I usta live in flip-flops. UNTIL! I gained too much weight. I
discovered pricey flip-flops can be too soft!

I usta pay $40 fer Big n' Tall store flip-flops. I think it was
"Scott" brand and they were from HI. They were Heaven on my feet
.....fer a year!

I eventually hadda sharp pain in my heel. Turns out it was the soft
soles of those 1" thk big $$$$ Scott flip-flops. I quit wearing them
and went to thick soled low-top brogans (steel-toe, free), as I was a
machinist and spent a lotta time on my feet. What a relief those
board-like shoes were!!

Never wore Crocs. Whoever sed they are not plastic does not know the
definition of "plastic".

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Socks are too hot. I didn't even own a pair of socks until a few years
> ago. I've never worn them. I don't wear anything to sleep in.

Oh baby, come to me. heheheh

You would think someone that lives alone would go naked most of the time
but that does nothing for me. I always sleep in socks, underpants and
t-shirt. Would be different, I suppose, if I had a girlfriend here. My
last girlfriend (gone one year now) was a ferret though. She was my best
friend but platonic. I still wore the clothes then.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

> Crocs are not flip flops

You don't like me much do you, Janet B

Look back in this thread and Sheldon talked about 2 pairs
of Crocs flip flops. I think somewhere he also said they cost
him $30 a pair. One pair failed fairly quickly but they gave
him another pair at half price.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
news
> Last year I brightened up the look of the guest bathroom simply by
> replacing the shower curtain with a new one from JCP. What a difference
> such a simple change like that can make!
>
> Jill

I hear you, when we had the bathrooms floors replaced, new curtains, towels,
etc. made a really nice change for not a lot of money.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
news
> On 2/28/2017 10:53 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>>> I've never liked wearing flip-flops. Very annoying to me.
>>> At home, I keep my shoes on if I've come home from being out.
>>> Otherwise, I sometime go bare feet but mostly wear socks.
>>> I even sleep in the socks most times.
>>>
>>> Socks are your friends.

>> Crocs are not flip flops
>> http://www.crocs.com/c/new-arrivals?...170228155153:s
>>

> I know what Crocs are. I just don't like them. I don't wear flip flops,
> either.
>
> Jill

Flip-flops can be very dangerous, especially when driving. I haven't worn
since I was very young.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 10:59:04 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 2/28/2017 10:53 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>>> I've never liked wearing flip-flops. Very annoying to me.
>>> At home, I keep my shoes on if I've come home from being out.
>>> Otherwise, I sometime go bare feet but mostly wear socks.
>>> I even sleep in the socks most times.
>>>
>>> Socks are your friends.

>> Crocs are not flip flops
>> http://www.crocs.com/c/new-arrivals?...170228155153:s
>>

>I know what Crocs are. I just don't like them. I don't wear flip
>flops, either.
>
>Jill

I 'thought' that I was replying to Gary -- No? You may have whatever
cheap shoes you want. I was merely expressing my opinion.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 12:28:39 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote:
>>
>> Crocs are not flip flops

>You don't like me much do you, Janet B
>
>Look back in this thread and Sheldon talked about 2 pairs
>of Crocs flip flops. I think somewhere he also said they cost
>him $30 a pair. One pair failed fairly quickly but they gave
>him another pair at half price.

I merely replied to your most recent comment that you didn't wear flip
flops. I thought perhaps that you didn't know that they weren't flip
flops so I gave you a link. I didn't say anything mean or disparaging
to you.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 23:03:36 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 20:23:07 -0500, jmcquown >
>wrote:
>
>>On 2/26/2017 2:20 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>> BTW, asnyone who likes Crocs footwear Amazon carries
>>> their products at major discounts over buying direct... I learned this
>>> from a postal worker in town when she noticed my order arrived, I
>>> checked and she was right, I could have bought my flip flops for
>>> nearly half price from Amazon.

>>(snippage)
>>
>>Crocs are a crock, IMHO. I'm not paying upwards of $30 for rubber shoes.
>>
>>As for Amazon, you're likely paying them an annual membership fee. Jeff
>>Bezos is laughing all the way to the bank.
>>
>>Jill

Amazon Prime is the best value on the planet, everything I buy ships
for free. It gets very expensive driving all over creation to buy
stuff, with the price of gas these days it actually costs a lot less
to pay for shipping because it's not just the gas, it's your time,
wear and tear on your vehicle, and every time you get behind the wheel
there's a risk of an accident. I much rather shop from home at my
leisure, in fact I've been shopping from mail order catalogs since
before I was ten years old... I never liked going to stores. I can't
remember a week passing when at least one package hasn't arrived from
Amazon, most weeks more than three. There's nothing Amazon doesn't
sell, even weird stuff you wouldn't know where to buy... I was getting
tired of fishing hair out of drains with a bent wire hangar, so I
ordered a pair of 12" stainless steel tweezers for $10. arrived in two
days. Extremely well made, works wonderfully well, does a 20 minute
job in under two minutes and does it better. With these tweezers and
my high powered LED flashlight I cleaned the tub drain better than a
gynocologist! LOL
https://www.amazon.com/SE-513TW-12-I...ezers%2C+12%22

>I think they are good value. They last for a very long time, serve a
>specific purpose, they are light weight and easy on your feet. Most
>of the hospital nurses here wear them. Funnily enough, they are warm
>in the winter and cool in the summer. They are not rubber. Of course,
>I have more than one kind of shoe that I wear, the Crocs I wear mostly
>around the house. My husband I have been wearing ours for 3 years
>now. This is our second set of Crocs.
>Janet US

Crocs are perfect for gardening, mud doesn't bother them, just a
squirt with the garden hose and they're squeaky clean. I wear their
flip flops indoors all year, they are far more comfortable than the
cheap ones at the drug stores, etc., they also excellent for non slip
showering, a lot better traction than those silly shower mats that
need constant scrubbing. I think Crocs are a good value when used for
what they're intended, comfortable quality leather footwear is much
more expensive and would be ruined quickly traipsing over wet ground,
no sidewalks here. School kids here wear Crocs, they are a lot less
expensive than today's $100+ sneakers, they last longer, and there are
a great many stylish versions in a choice of several color
combinations.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 08:46:27 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 2/28/2017 1:03 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> I think they are good value. They last for a very long time, serve a
>> specific purpose, they are light weight and easy on your feet. Most
>> of the hospital nurses here wear them. Funnily enough, they are warm
>> in the winter and cool in the summer. They are not rubber. Of course,
>> I have more than one kind of shoe that I wear, the Crocs I wear mostly
>> around the house. My husband I have been wearing ours for 3 years
>> now. This is our second set of Crocs.
>> Janet US

>I dislike walking around the house barefoot but I also don't like
>wearing shoes in the house. I wear these:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/jqvvwln
>
>That's just an example, I don't buy mine from the Vermont Country Store.
>
>Nice non-skid rubber soles and they conform to your feet so it's almost
>as if you're barefoot. They keep my feet warm in the winter and cool in
>the summer. But please do enjoy your Crocs.
>
>Jill

At $11 plus shipping those are no bargain... they're very similar to
the throw away granny socks dispensed for free at hospitals... I don't
like that it requires sitting and using two hands to put them on. The
Crocs women's slippers are more nicely styled, better made, just slip
your feet in and out with no hands, and don't cost much more, some
nice styles for ~$20
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 09:18:24 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> On 2/28/2017 1:03 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> > I think they are good value. They last for a very long time, serve a
>> > specific purpose, they are light weight and easy on your feet. Most
>> > of the hospital nurses here wear them. Funnily enough, they are warm
>> > in the winter and cool in the summer. They are not rubber. Of course,
>> > I have more than one kind of shoe that I wear, the Crocs I wear mostly
>> > around the house. My husband I have been wearing ours for 3 years
>> > now. This is our second set of Crocs.
>> > Janet US

>> I dislike walking around the house barefoot but I also don't like
>> wearing shoes in the house. I wear these:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/jqvvwln
>>
>> That's just an example, I don't buy mine from the Vermont Country Store.
>>
>> Nice non-skid rubber soles and they conform to your feet so it's almost
>> as if you're barefoot. They keep my feet warm in the winter and cool in
>> the summer. But please do enjoy your Crocs.
>>
>> Jill

>I've never liked wearing flip-flops. Very annoying to me.
>At home, I keep my shoes on if I've come home from being out.
>Otherwise, I sometime go bare feet but mostly wear socks.
>I even sleep in the socks most times.
>
>Socks are your friends.

I figured you'd wear these:
https://www.amazon.com/Wheel-House-D...s=ferret+socks

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/28/2017 12:28 PM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Socks are too hot. I didn't even own a pair of socks until a few years
>> ago. I've never worn them. I don't wear anything to sleep in.

> Oh baby, come to me. heheheh
>
> You would think someone that lives alone would go naked most of the time
> but that does nothing for me. I always sleep in socks, underpants and
> t-shirt. Would be different, I suppose, if I had a girlfriend here. My
> last girlfriend (gone one year now) was a ferret though. She was my best
> friend but platonic. I still wore the clothes then.

Sleeping naked is not only more comfortable, but is healthier too.
Other than sleeping, not a big deal either way. Depending on what you
are doing or sitting on, clothing can offer some protection and comfort.

I do wear socks around the house though, they do offer a bit of comfort
on some surfaces. Some days when I come home my shoes are off before my
jacket. Shoes are unnecessary most of the time. After walking around
the filthy streets and sidewalks. why drag the crap on soles of your
shoes around the house?

Best By Date?..... Bigbazza[_24_] General Cooking 59 26-01-2010 01:23 AM
need a date look here [email protected] Barbecue 0 27-05-2006 05:22 AM
I have a date notbob General Cooking 19 24-12-2004 10:46 AM
What to BBQ on a date Dirty Harry Barbecue 19 21-05-2004 09:39 AM
release date vs date on bottle- confused Larry Wine 2 26-01-2004 04:17 AM