Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tomorrow Night (2/15/17) at the Club - Tapas

Tapas is just a way of saying appetizers. Or hors d'oeuvres.

Here's the menu tomorrow in the Pub Room:

https://s32.postimg.org/ohg2po95x/tapas.jpg

No, I will not be dining there tomorrow.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Tapas is just a way of saying appetizers. Or hors d'oeuvres.
>
> Here's the menu tomorrow in the Pub Room:
>
> https://s32.postimg.org/ohg2po95x/tapas.jpg
>
> No, I will not be dining there tomorrow.

Why not? There might be a nice assortment and you do need to spend some
money. I'd at least check it out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 12:26:10 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Tapas is just a way of saying appetizers. Or hors d'oeuvres.
>>
>> Here's the menu tomorrow in the Pub Room:
>>
>> https://s32.postimg.org/ohg2po95x/tapas.jpg
>>
>> No, I will not be dining there tomorrow.

>Why not? There might be a nice assortment and you do need to spend some
>money. I'd at least check it out.

To be perfectly honest nothing on that menu appeals to me, and those
prices are too rich for 2-3 baby bites. I'd much rather a big bowl of
Campbell's chunky soup, on sale this week at two cans for $3, has to
be twenty varieties to choose from. One can is a whole meal, not just
an appetizer. I ate the Hearty Beef Barley for lunch today, wasn't as
good as my homemade but not bad... what's missing are 'shrooms, gonna
phone them and make that suggestion.
Tonight's dinner is skinless/boneless chick tiddies, a four pound
family size pack all sliced into cutlets and steeping in an oriental
orange marinade... I remembered to pick up a big jar of orange
marmalade... will be enough for us for at least 2-3 days
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 14:18:18 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 12:26:10 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
>>jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> Tapas is just a way of saying appetizers. Or hors d'oeuvres.
>>>
>>> Here's the menu tomorrow in the Pub Room:
>>>
>>> https://s32.postimg.org/ohg2po95x/tapas.jpg
>>>
>>> No, I will not be dining there tomorrow.

>>Why not? There might be a nice assortment and you do need to spend some
>>money. I'd at least check it out.

>To be perfectly honest nothing on that menu appeals to me, and those
>prices are too rich for 2-3 baby bites. I'd much rather a big bowl of
>Campbell's chunky soup

I'd prefer all non-meat things on that menu over a supermarket soup.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 06:29:52 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 14:18:18 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>>>Why not? There might be a nice assortment and you do need to spend some
>>>money. I'd at least check it out.

>>To be perfectly honest nothing on that menu appeals to me, and those
>>prices are too rich for 2-3 baby bites. I'd much rather a big bowl of
>>Campbell's chunky soup

>I'd prefer all non-meat things on that menu over a supermarket soup.

There's more meat in the canned soup than on that menu.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 15:23:44 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 06:29:52 +1100, Bruce >
>wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 14:18:18 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>>>To be perfectly honest nothing on that menu appeals to me, and those
>>>prices are too rich for 2-3 baby bites. I'd much rather a big bowl of
>>>Campbell's chunky soup

>>I'd prefer all non-meat things on that menu over a supermarket soup.

>There's more meat in the canned soup than on that menu.

Well, there you go.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> Tonight's dinner is skinless/boneless chick tiddies, a four pound
> family size pack all sliced into cutlets and steeping in an oriental
> orange marinade... I remembered to pick up a big jar of orange
> marmalade... will be enough for us for at least 2-3 days

Ah, thanks for the orange marmalade suggestion, pairs well with chikken, will pick some up...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Greatest!" wrote:
>Sheldon wrote:
>
>> Tonight's dinner is skinless/boneless chick tiddies, a four pound
>> family size pack all sliced into cutlets and steeping in an oriental
>> orange marinade... I remembered to pick up a big jar of orange
>> marmalade... will be enough for us for at least 2-3 days

>Ah, thanks for the orange marmalade suggestion, pairs well with chikken, will pick some up...

Orange marmalade is a good cooking ingredient to keep in the larder,
not expensive and unlike fresh citrus it keeps for many years. I use
it as a seasoning for chicken, pork, and beef... probably good with
shrimp too. Also good in oriental salad dressings. And it's very
good in baked goods, muffins, pound cake, and excellent in chocolate
brownies. As a cooking ingredient you don't need to buy any pricey
imported brand, I buy whichever is on sale, store brand works fine...
this time I bought a 32 oz jar of Polaner for $2.79. The nice glass
jar is worth saving too. I used like three Tbls for all that
chicken,some soy sauce, a small glug of toasted sesame oil, a few
grinds of white peppercorns, a dusting of granulated garlic, a glug of
ketchup, a pinch of msg. I thought about peanut butter but alas, I
don't keep any, it would just sit till it got rancid. Only thing I
need to add now is just enough olive oil for frying. I may make a cup
of prain white lice to accompany. I have to cook my own Chinese,
there's not even one decent Chinese restaurant in all of upstate NY.
In fact there are no Chinese restaurants anywhere in the US of the
1950-60s caliber anymore, they all went the way of the old time kosher
deli and appy. The old folks wanted their kids to be CPAs, MDs, ABAs
(can't blame them), not end up in slavery biznizes like Chinese
restaurants and "No Tiki No Shirty" Chinese hand laundry.
The one thing I well remember was the 15 year old daughter of the
people who owned the Chinese restaurant on the corner of Ave. P & E.
2nd. St. in Brooklyn. The yard behind their store where the whole
family did food prep was separated by a tall chain link fence from the
mid block's garage driveway. I made every effort to date her to no
avail, her parents wouldn't allow her to see a round eyes... I would
have underwent plastic surgery to make my eyes squinty to date that
gorgeous girl with breasts to die for... that oriental girls are flat
chested is a myth. She had the prettiest face and most alluring
smile. I could tell she liked me but her father was like a junk yard
watch dog and I never saw him without that cleaver in his hand. I
think her mother liked me but she dared not speak. I don't know her
real name, I called her Lili. My mother's name is Lillian.
One of my all time favorite movies:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lili
Anyone remember?
http://search.aol.com/aol/video?q=th...yword_rollover

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" wrote in message
news
"The Greatest!" wrote:
>Sheldon wrote:
>
>> Tonight's dinner is skinless/boneless chick tiddies, a four pound
>> family size pack all sliced into cutlets and steeping in an oriental
>> orange marinade... I remembered to pick up a big jar of orange
>> marmalade... will be enough for us for at least 2-3 days

>Ah, thanks for the orange marmalade suggestion, pairs well with chikken,
>will pick some up...

Orange marmalade is a good cooking ingredient to keep in the larder,
not expensive and unlike fresh citrus it keeps for many years. I use
it as a seasoning for chicken, pork, and beef... probably good with
shrimp too. Also good in oriental salad dressings. And it's very
good in baked goods, muffins, pound cake, and excellent in chocolate
brownies. As a cooking ingredient you don't need to buy any pricey
imported brand, I buy whichever is on sale, store brand works fine...
this time I bought a 32 oz jar of Polaner for $2.79. The nice glass
jar is worth saving too. I used like three Tbls for all that
chicken,some soy sauce, a small glug of toasted sesame oil, a few
grinds of white peppercorns, a dusting of granulated garlic, a glug of
ketchup, a pinch of msg. I thought about peanut butter but alas, I
don't keep any, it would just sit till it got rancid. Only thing I
need to add now is just enough olive oil for frying. I may make a cup
of prain white lice to accompany. I have to cook my own Chinese,
there's not even one decent Chinese restaurant in all of upstate NY.
In fact there are no Chinese restaurants anywhere in the US of the
1950-60s caliber anymore, they all went the way of the old time kosher
deli and appy. The old folks wanted their kids to be CPAs, MDs, ABAs
(can't blame them), not end up in slavery biznizes like Chinese
restaurants and "No Tiki No Shirty" Chinese hand laundry.
The one thing I well remember was the 15 year old daughter of the
people who owned the Chinese restaurant on the corner of Ave. P & E.
2nd. St. in Brooklyn. The yard behind their store where the whole
family did food prep was separated by a tall chain link fence from the
mid block's garage driveway. I made every effort to date her to no
avail, her parents wouldn't allow her to see a round eyes... I would
have underwent plastic surgery to make my eyes squinty to date that
gorgeous girl with breasts to die for... that oriental girls are flat
chested is a myth. She had the prettiest face and most alluring
smile. I could tell she liked me but her father was like a junk yard
watch dog and I never saw him without that cleaver in his hand. I
think her mother liked me but she dared not speak. I don't know her
real name, I called her Lili. My mother's name is Lillian.
One of my all time favorite movies:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lili
Anyone remember?
http://search.aol.com/aol/video?q=th...yword_rollover

====

Thanks, that was lovely)))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 09:06:31 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

> [...]

>The one thing I well remember was the 15 year old daughter of the
>people who owned the Chinese restaurant on the corner of Ave. P & E.
>2nd. St. in Brooklyn. The yard behind their store where the whole
>family did food prep was separated by a tall chain link fence from the
>mid block's garage driveway. I made every effort to date her to no
>avail, her parents wouldn't allow her to see a round eyes... I would
>have underwent plastic surgery to make my eyes squinty to date that
>gorgeous girl with breasts to die for... that oriental girls are flat
>chested is a myth. She had the prettiest face and most alluring
>smile. I could tell she liked me but her father was like a junk yard
>watch dog and I never saw him without that cleaver in his hand. I
>think her mother liked me but she dared not speak. I don't know her
>real name, I called her Lili. My mother's name is Lillian.

If you can watch the movie, you won't be disappointed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/15/2017 12:26 PM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Tapas is just a way of saying appetizers. Or hors d'oeuvres.
>>
>> Here's the menu tomorrow in the Pub Room:
>>
>> https://s32.postimg.org/ohg2po95x/tapas.jpg
>>
>> No, I will not be dining there tomorrow.

> Why not? There might be a nice assortment and you do need to spend some
> money. I'd at least check it out.

I already spent my money for February on the manicotti.

I looked at the menu (the link to which was snipped) and didn't see a
single thing I wanted to eat.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 19:04:03 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 2/15/2017 12:26 PM, Gary wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> Tapas is just a way of saying appetizers. Or hors d'oeuvres.
>>>
>>> Here's the menu tomorrow in the Pub Room:
>>>
>>> https://s32.postimg.org/ohg2po95x/tapas.jpg
>>>
>>> No, I will not be dining there tomorrow.

>> Why not? There might be a nice assortment and you do need to spend some
>> money. I'd at least check it out.
>>

>I already spent my money for February on the manicotti.
>
>I looked at the menu (the link to which was snipped) and didn't see a
>single thing I wanted to eat.
>
>Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 2/15/2017 12:26 PM, Gary wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> Tapas is just a way of saying appetizers. Or hors d'oeuvres.
>>>
>>> Here's the menu tomorrow in the Pub Room:
>>>
>>> https://s32.postimg.org/ohg2po95x/tapas.jpg
>>>
>>> No, I will not be dining there tomorrow.

>> Why not? There might be a nice assortment and you do need to spend some
>> money. I'd at least check it out.
>>

>I already spent my money for February on the manicotti.
>
>I looked at the menu (the link to which was snipped) and didn't see a
>single thing I wanted to eat.
>
>Jill

Nothing appealed to me either.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 7:04:09 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 2/15/2017 12:26 PM, Gary wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:
> >>
> >> Tapas is just a way of saying appetizers. Or hors d'oeuvres.
> >>
> >> Here's the menu tomorrow in the Pub Room:
> >>
> >> https://s32.postimg.org/ohg2po95x/tapas.jpg
> >>
> >> No, I will not be dining there tomorrow.

> > Why not? There might be a nice assortment and you do need to spend some
> > money. I'd at least check it out.
> >

> I already spent my money for February on the manicotti.
>
> I looked at the menu (the link to which was snipped) and didn't see a
> single thing I wanted to eat.

A couple of things appealed, and the portions might be about right for me.
Not nearly enough vegetables, if that's all they were serving.

Cindy Hamilton

Tomorrow night Dimitri General Cooking 5 15-03-2010 05:23 PM
dinner tomorrow night TammyM[_2_] General Cooking 6 17-07-2008 07:10 AM
£1.50 Caiprinhas All Night !!!!!! Brazilian & Angolan Club Night, London [email protected] General 0 13-02-2006 01:38 PM
Big Dinner Tomorrow Night ~patches~ General Cooking 1 15-10-2005 07:01 AM
dinner tonight, and last night, and the night before, and tomorrow night. . . Kate Connally General Cooking 1 12-04-2005 11:00 PM